Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:27 am      Reply with quote
kayS Im the same as you and dont want a thinner face.

But from reading advice on loulou's forum, working the buccinators will only temorarily make your face thinner. It thins,then will fill out. She advises those that like the thinner effect to back off and only do it occasionally to maintain that effect. And for those who want to fill out to keep at it and your lower cheeks will fill out.

So ive decided to persevere. I had stopped when i felt like it was slimming my lower cheeks but think i'll stick at it a few months.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 am      Reply with quote
I really like FE for working the lower face and I just ordered Cynthia Rowlands dvd and Carole Maggios dvd. I did not bother with the books as I need to see what is being done. The only thing I am going to use those for is so that I am not doing the same cheek exercises over and over I think it is good to change it once in a while so the muscles do not adapt to the same exercise but I am going to still follow FE as that works for me. I am going through the guilts right now as I have a horrible cold and do not feel like doing the exercises but I am thinking, abeit unrealistically that my face will sag if I do not do them everyday. I just need some reassurance that you can go a few days without doing anything.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:
I really like FE for working the lower face and I just ordered Cynthia Rowlands dvd and Carole Maggios dvd. I did not bother with the books as I need to see what is being done. The only thing I am going to use those for is so that I am not doing the same cheek exercises over and over I think it is good to change it once in a while so the muscles do not adapt to the same exercise but I am going to still follow FE as that works for me. I am going through the guilts right now as I have a horrible cold and do not feel like doing the exercises but I am thinking, abeit unrealistically that my face will sag if I do not do them everyday. I just need some reassurance that you can go a few days without doing anything.

Kay, you can absolutely go a few days. In fact if you are sick I don't think you should force yourself - facial exercises are an effort like any muscle-involving workout and if you were feeling under the weather you wouldn't expect to do a weightlifting routine would you? I know that if I'm feeling ill I don't have the energy to put into my facial exercises - I'm too exhausted to engage the muscle like I should.

By the way I have all of the programs you mentioned and I really enjoy having a variety myself - even if I stick to one at a time I learn a lot from all of them - there are usually some things I throw in throughout the day at my desk, almost w/o thinking about it, from all different programs.

My favorite facial exercise program so far is Carolyn's Facial Fitness and I'm definitely going to go back to it ... but she recommends you do them lying down and my problem is whenever I get horizontal I fall asleep within five minutes ... Laughing I had trouble staying awake to do the entire program. That's why I am currently focusing on Loulou's Ageless.

I know some people recommend you stick only to one program at a time but we all need to experiment on ourselves and I'm thinking of doing Ageless twice a week and Carolyn's Facial Fitness once or twice - maybe on the weekends when I might find time to lie down without dropping off!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
KayS--You can definitely take breaks Smile I've been doing FlexEffect for 1 year, and some of my biggest visible gains have come during a longer than normal rest. I often rest certain parts of my face (or even my entire face) for a couple to a few days at a time. Not only will your face not sag, but sometimes it might even be more beneficial to rest than not. It's similar to bodybuilding: the muscles are built during the rest and repair phase, not during the actual training. So missing days or taking breaks every once in a while is not going to hurt your progress. The one thing you might miss is just the post exercise pump from increase circulation. HTH Smile

5% products discount

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
hello,

I've read some of yours posts and I decided that I will ask You for a solution of my problem.
I'm 27 years old, and I have wrinkles under my eyes (the wrinkles become bigger with the time)
What can Y do ? What exercise should I do ? Will be good for my face ? Will disappear the wrinkles ? Will became smaller ?
I hope that Y don't disturb with my questions, but I'm so happy that I've found this forum:)
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
vero wrote:
hello,

I've read some of yours posts and I decided that I will ask You for a solution of my problem.
I'm 27 years old, and I have wrinkles under my eyes (the wrinkles become bigger with the time)
What can Y do ? What exercise should I do ? Will be good for my face ? Will disappear the wrinkles ? Will became smaller ?
I hope that Y don't disturb with my questions, but I'm so happy that I've found this forum:)

Hi Vero,

I had a similar issue with my eyes a few years ago. First, you probably need to find a suitable eye cream for reducing the wrinkles.

As for me, the best eye cream to remove fine lines and wrinkles is ReVive Eye Renewal Cream. I started to see result after one month. My fine lines/wrinkles were noticeably reduced after I finished the 1st bottle which lasted about 4 months.

I've tried so many eye creams in the past and this one is probably the only one that actually delivers result! I also add Dior Capture eye cream in the wintertime which moisturizes the eye areas very well.

When I started to do the Ageless program early this year, there seems to be further improvement. After doing the program for a couple of months, the fine lines/wrinkles under my eyes are barely visible and the skin become very firm and smooth. And my eyes look more lifted and wide-opened.

I guess with the right combination of eye creams and facial exercises, you will definitely see a huge improvement at the under-eye areas!

HTH
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:

My favorite facial exercise program so far is Carolyn's Facial Fitness and I'm definitely going to go back to it ... but she recommends you do them lying down and my problem is whenever I get horizontal I fall asleep within five minutes ... Laughing I had trouble staying awake to do the entire program. That's why I am currently focusing on Loulou's Ageless.

Hi Metaphora, I'm really interested to hear more about your experience with Carolyn's Facial Fitness, as I notice some people have rather nice improvements at her website! Thanks in advance! Wink
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:21 am      Reply with quote
moonstone you look fantastic! not that anything was wrong with the before either.

Have you only been doing the Ageless program? Somedays i think its working but then all of a sudden I'll see a bit of 'waddle' under the chin again
Confused

I cant seem to get rid of the line extending from the corner of my eyes either Sad and ive been using retin a plus the ageless exercise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:34 am      Reply with quote
wow moonstone you look really good! How old are you? You look really young even in the before! You look asian too...there seems to be a lot of asians on the board(I am one) I geuss we are a vain bunch! I agree with you on the Revive eye renewal...I saw improvements in my undereye wrinkles after using it for a couple months. I really like their products especially the creme lustre and Peau Magnifique.(FL in a bottle)Do you only do Ageless exercises? or do you incorporate other programs into it also?I have all 3: Carole Maggio, Flex Effect and Ageless...I have had them for a yr but cant get started!I dont know which one to do...or which is best and I only can devote maybe 15 minutes a day...I already workout over an hr a day and I work too so I dont have lots of free time....
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
does anyone have the link to purchase the DVD from Lou Lou?I have the book but I want to DVD.Also wasnt there a link for some free exercises to get started?
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
moonstone you look fantastic! not that anything was wrong with the before either.

Have you only been doing the Ageless program? Somedays i think its working but then all of a sudden I'll see a bit of 'waddle' under the chin again
Confused

I cant seem to get rid of the line extending from the corner of my eyes either Sad and ive been using retin a plus the ageless exercise.

Thanks carol69 for your kind comment. Yes, for the past six months, I've been using mainly Ageless plus a couple of other exercises. (i.e. the classic kissing-the-ceilling exercise and eyelid exercise by Eva Fraser.)

You may consider to include that kissing-the-ceiling ex into your routine for a firmer chin and neck. As for me, my double chin has been reduced significantly ever since doing Ageless! Just be patient and I guess it's only a matter of time before you can notice some significant change in the chin.

As for the lines at corner of the eyes, I think exercise 8 is really good for removing the lines. Just keep working at it and I'm sure you will eventually see improvements at the end!!! And finding a good eye cream is definitely another way to help with the lines. (I'm no sure about retin-A and from my experience, ReVive eye cream works really well!!!)
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
wow moonstone you look really good! How old are you? You look really young even in the before! You look asian too...there seems to be a lot of asians on the board(I am one) I geuss we are a vain bunch! I agree with you on the Revive eye renewal...I saw improvements in my undereye wrinkles after using it for a couple months. I really like their products especially the creme lustre and Peau Magnifique.(FL in a bottle)Do you only do Ageless exercises? or do you incorporate other programs into it also?I have all 3: Carole Maggio, Flex Effect and Ageless...I have had them for a yr but cant get started!I dont know which one to do...or which is best and I only can devote maybe 15 minutes a day...I already workout over an hr a day and I work too so I dont have lots of free time....

Lucyluc, thanks for your compliment! Yes, I'm an Asian in my last year of 30's... I started doing facial programs last year when I noticed some minor sagging at the face!

I have the exact three programs that you mentioned... Surprised CM was the first one I tried and it didn't make much of a difference for me after doing it for several months. Then I switched to do FE which was probably too aggressive for me. My face began to look tired and my n/l lines were deepened after a month or so... Then I started Ageless as I read the recommendations from this forum. I'm pretty amazed that I started to notice some nice results within 2 months! Now I am mainly doing Ageless plus a couple of other ones. (kissing-the-ceiling and Eva fraser's eyelid exercises)

As you have all 3 of the programs, I guess you may probably want to start with Ageless or CM first as they are less time-consuming. Make sure that you take photos every month or so to see if there is any progress!!! Smile

And I look forward to hearing great results from you!!! Wink
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
does anyone have the link to purchase the DVD from Lou Lou?I have the book but I want to DVD.Also wasnt there a link for some free exercises to get started?

The free link can be found at http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LouiseAnnette/
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:
Metaphora wrote:

Hi Metaphora, I'm really interested to hear more about your experience with Carolyn's Facial Fitness, as I notice some people have rather nice improvements at her website! Thanks in advance! Wink

I'd been wondering where to post that as I don't want to derail the Ageless thread by posting a lot of detail about someone else's program.

Here it is, in the "Facial Exercise - Share the Process and Results" thread (on pg 4):
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=470861#470861

By the way your Ageless results are fantastic. I'm hoping to emphasize my cheekbones - make them higher and fuller - with Loulou's program - and tighten and refine my jawline. It's too early to tell what results I may get though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
thankyou moonstone,I think I will start with Ageless first and add the kiss the ceiling exercise and eye exercises.I am 55 and have had surgery so I want to keep things from slipping again.Surgery set the clock back 10 to 15 yrs and thats where I want to keep it!And you do look young....being asian does help I have noticed all my older relatives (who dont do anything) look quite young with just minor sagging.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to order her dvd/video and it says its not available! Does anyone know whats going on or where to order the dvd or video?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
moonstone wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

Confused

Thanks carol69 for your kind comment. Yes, for the past six months, I've been using mainly Ageless plus a couple of other exercises. (i.e. the classic kissing-the-ceilling exercise and eyelid exercise by Eva Fraser.)

You may consider to include that kissing-the-ceiling ex into your routine for a firmer chin and neck. As for me, my double chin has been reduced significantly ever since doing Ageless! Just be patient and I guess it's only a matter of time before you can notice some significant change in the chin.

As for the lines at corner of the eyes, I think exercise 8 is really good for removing the lines. Just keep working at it and I'm sure you will eventually see improvements at the end!!! And finding a good eye cream is definitely another way to help with the lines. (I'm no sure about retin-A and from my experience, ReVive eye cream works really well!!!)

Thanks moonstone:) Ive been doing the program on and off for about 6 months. I prob only do twice week, maybe I should add an extra day?

Lucyluc i emailed them about buyinhg the download dvd but no reply Sad

The Revive sounds good but when i googled it and saw the price Shock cant afford to spend so much on skincare these days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:29 am      Reply with quote
you can buy sample packs on ebay,you get several for 20 but they last a long time.I prick with a pin and then scotch tape it over.That way you can at least try it...
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:

I'd been wondering where to post that as I don't want to derail the Ageless thread by posting a lot of detail about someone else's program.

Here it is, in the "Facial Exercise - Share the Process and Results" thread (on pg 4):
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=470861#470861

By the way your Ageless results are fantastic. I'm hoping to emphasize my cheekbones - make them higher and fuller - with Loulou's program - and tighten and refine my jawline. It's too early to tell what results I may get though.

Metaphora, thanks for sharing your experience with CFF which seems like a really decent program. And I'm sure you will have lots of success with the combination of two wonderful programs. Wink
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:

Thanks moonstone:) Ive been doing the program on and off for about 6 months. I prob only do twice week, maybe I should add an extra day?

Lucyluc i emailed them about buyinhg the download dvd but no reply Sad

The Revive sounds good but when i googled it and saw the price Shock cant afford to spend so much on skincare these days.

I guess it will probably deliver faster results if you do the exercises three times a week. And LouLou has reminded us that you should feel the muscle moving your hands while doing the cheek exercises.

My other suggestion is to take photos from time to time for comparison purpose as sometimes it is hard to aware of the subtle changes by our eyes... Laughing

As lucyluc has suggested, buying sample packs from Ebay is probably the best bargain for ReVive.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Carolyn's website and she did firm up her jawline quite a bit..I am amazed that much droop could be eliminated with just exercise. I dont think she looks super young but she looks good for 62. I do think for people over 60 really long hair just makes you look older.2 other no no's for older ladies; puffy sleeved clothing and mini skirts., jewelry should be kept to a minimum too. I might even order her program too....
vero
5% products discount

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moonstone,

thank You.
I would like to ask You few things:
1. If I will do the Ageless exercise without the cream it will be alright ? (because for me the cream it is very expensive)
2. does this cream plump the skin under the wrinkles or it's 'cure' the wrinkles(you know, after not using the cream there won't be wrinkles) ? i hope that You will understand what I wanted to say
3. after a period of time without using this cream how it is you skin ?
I'm thinking if isn't too early for 27 years old to use a strong eyes cream... but I have wrinkles so I need to do something...

Thank You again
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
vero wrote:
Hi Moonstone,

thank You.
I would like to ask You few things:
1. If I will do the Ageless exercise without the cream it will be alright ? (because for me the cream it is very expensive)
2. does this cream plump the skin under the wrinkles or it's 'cure' the wrinkles(you know, after not using the cream there won't be wrinkles) ? i hope that You will understand what I wanted to say
3. after a period of time without using this cream how it is you skin ?
I'm thinking if isn't too early for 27 years old to use a strong eyes cream... but I have wrinkles so I need to do something...

Thank You again

Hi, Vero,

If you mean LouLou's Ageless If You Dare facial exercises, there isn't a cream to go with it as far as I know. It's just an exercise programme, and that's very inexpensive.

Which cream were you thinking of? I wonder whether you mean a different exercise programme?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
^^Perhaps she's talking about the Revive cream we have been mentioning?

5% products discount

Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:11 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I tried to order her dvd/video and it says its not available! Does anyone know whats going on or where to order the dvd or video?

I'm having the same problem. Sad
any news about this?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |