Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SugarPlumFairy

Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all! I'm new on here and started Ageless a couple of days ago. I was doing FE before that and saw some great results but it was taking up waaaay too much time. Rolling Eyes Now I'm doing some exercises from FE and the rest from Ageless. Wink

I have a question about the exercise for higher cheeks, on page 67 (of the e-book) - when it says 'use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight
up toward the centre of the eye.' - what exactly are you supposed to do? Would smiling be okay here?

And which exercises in Ageless are good for the jawline? I do the throat one (grabbing flesh either side of windpipe etc) but other than that, shouldn't there be one for strengthening the jaw and making it more lfted and defined?

Thank you for any help!

Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SPF! I was doing Ageless and just added FE. I really appreciate that FE does have the chin/neck exercises that Ageless lacks. Ageless is phenomenal for cheeks.

The exercise on page 67 is my favorite, and I do it with an exaggerated smile. There are primitive videos that illustrate each exercise (see the URL on the last page of the book) and you can also go to her website for specific questions.
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing FE for a while now and have not noticed the difference in my cheeks I was hoping for so I am going to go back to Ageless and hope that will help.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Can anybody point me to a website where i can buy the Ageless DVD? Thanks.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:14 am      Reply with quote
http://www.lulu.com/content/4463137

I downloaded it and printed out the pages with the exercises. Makes it really easy to find the one you want.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
hmm... thanks for the reply but I was looking for the website to buy the DVD, not the book.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, you did say dvd! (Waiting for first cup of coffee...)

http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=purchasebook&action=display&thread=414&page=1

She had some problems with them but apparently now has them available.
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:

http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=purchasebook&action=display&thread=414&page=1

Thanks. It's nice that she has a downloadable DVD version. This way I can watch it on my computer. I'm too lazy to turn on my DVD player. Very Happy
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
KayS wrote:
I have been doing FE for a while now and have not noticed the difference in my cheeks I was hoping for so I am going to go back to Ageless and hope that will help.

Kay,

How long have you been doing FE? From what I have read in the forum, it normally takes us 9-12 months to see results.

Though I am happy with Ageless, I'll buy FE once the new version is available.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
SugarPlumFairy wrote:
Hey all! I'm new on here and started Ageless a couple of days ago. I was doing FE before that and saw some great results but it was taking up waaaay too much time. Rolling Eyes Now I'm doing some exercises from FE and the rest from Ageless. Wink

I have a question about the exercise for higher cheeks, on page 67 (of the e-book) - when it says 'use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight
up toward the centre of the eye.' - what exactly are you supposed to do? Would smiling be okay here?

And which exercises in Ageless are good for the jawline? I do the throat one (grabbing flesh either side of windpipe etc) but other than that, shouldn't there be one for strengthening the jaw and making it more lfted and defined?

Thank you for any help!

Hi and welcome! Yes you basically do an exaggerated cheesy smile which pulls your cheeks upward toward your eyes.

jawline - I would say the neck exercise is the targetted one. Ageless doesn't have a lot for this. Have you tried a freebie called "Kiss the Ceiling" This is good. You put your head back and push out lips (fish lips) and pucker and hold. Feel the pull along chin and jawline.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Sister, my mother's been doing the "kiss the sky" jaw exercise since probably the mid-70's, and judging from the fabulousness of her 72-year-old jawline, it REALLY WORKS. So keep it up! I myself need to take a leaf out of her book but she's hyper-disciplined about stuff like that, whereas I am not so much.

Also, I remember my grandmother chewing bubble gum relentlessly, saying it kept her from getting a "turkey neck" (meaning a waddle Laughing or double chin). She didn't look as good as her daughter (my mom) when she was 72, but I do remember she never developed a waddle.

So I have FE and haven't used it much (very time consuming) and I just ordered LouLou's DVD. Hearing so much fabulous feedbback about facial exercises has made me determined to integrate them into my life. I wish I could chew gum but I have too much expensive orthodontia to compromise it in that way.

In these facial exercise threads I keep seeing that FE is good for this, LouLou is good for that, and some Carole Maggio's exercises are good for other things, particularly for the neck area.

My question to all you experienced facial exercisers is: are Carole's DVD's worth investing in, considering I own FE and will soon be in possession of LouLou's ageless? The neck area is a concern of mine since I take after my father more than my mother and he definitely had a nice waddle on him. Confused I'd consider a couple of stellar neck exercises not found in the other two programs to be worth the investment.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yubs,

My two cents:

If you have and actually use the exercises in FlexEffect and Ageless, the only exercise of Carole's that does not have an effective counterpart in FE or Ageless is the "Nose Shortener". I totally think this exercise alone is worth the purchase or borrowing of the book (or you can see her demo it on youtube.com). All the other exercises in Carole's programs (eyes, forehead, jaw, cheeks), in my opinion, are totally covered by FlexEffect and Ageless in that there is a similar exercise for the same muscle group (and often one that targets the muscle with more resistance). On the jawline and neck front in particular, there is no comparison: I think FlexEffect hands down beats Ageless and Facerise.

Just my personal opinion...Hopefully others will chime in, too, with their opinions Smile

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
ricayhermosa wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

Thanks. It's nice that she has a downloadable DVD version. This way I can watch it on my computer. I'm too lazy to turn on my DVD player. Very Happy

Do you know how large the downloadable version is?

Thanks

LC
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Another good jawline exercise is to tilt your head up so your looking at the ceiling and start a chewing motion. I do it for about a minute. Ive found that and kiss the ceiling more effective than the ageless one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Sister, my mother's been doing the "kiss the sky" jaw exercise since probably the mid-70's, and judging from the fabulousness of her 72-year-old jawline, it REALLY WORKS. So keep it up! ....

Yubs - it is great that your mom has such wonderful long-term results with "kiss the ceiling" !
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:28 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
Another good jawline exercise is to tilt your head up so your looking at the ceiling and start a chewing motion. I do it for about a minute. Ive found that and kiss the ceiling more effective than the ageless one.

carol69 - thanks for the exercise variation! I love kiss the ceiling exercise, now need to try your variation Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
carolb69 wrote:

carol69 - thanks for the exercise variation! I love kiss the ceiling exercise, now need to try your variation Smile

No worries. I was just doing the ageless one but it wasnt getting rid of a tiny waddle under my chin. it was only slight but i noticed it.. ive since abandonend it for kiss the ceiling and the one i mention(which i found online) and find them effective.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Welp, girls (and guys?), I've taken the dare and ordered Loulou's ebook, "Ageless if You Dare" just an hour or so ago.

I've done the exercises for day one and realized that my facial muscles are really wimpy! (I'm one of those who couldn't raise an eyebrow to save my life.)

As a baseline measurement, my son took several photos of me yesterday with my hair pulled up, no make-up on, bright lights illuminating every wrinkle and sag in my shapeless Nicholas Cage face. (Isn't it shocking how much worse you look in a photo than in a bathroom mirror? Eek! Shock )

Should I see results, I'll let you all know. The blog I started to chart my progress is private for now (don't want to frighten anyone with my "before" photos). In the event of minimized sag or the appearance of cheeks, I'll open it up to the public. (And maybe try to contact Mr. Cage.)

Until cheeks appear,

this is Nightbloom, signing off.
Demeris
5% products discount

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
OK, it's official. Loulou's program is amazing.

I got the download last spring but didn't do it because I had committed to FE, which I like[d] and which was having an effect, albeit slowly. Three weeks ago I read everything on this thread and decided to make the much easier commitment to Loulou's program, much, much, much shorter and easier than FE (which, again, I like and which was making a difference).

Last weekend, I saw some women I hadn't seen since February (I got FE last September and had been doing it 6Xs a week until the beginning of August when I switched to Loulou's). Three women came up and exclaimed how good I look and how wonderful I looked and it must be the haircut (which resembles the shaggy dog right now). I took the compliments and chalked it up to having a restful summer.

Today I saw a woman I haven't seen since May. She came up to me and said, "you look good. you've lost weight." I haven't lost weight although I did started walking 3-5 miles a day at the end of July. I said, "I haven't lost weight, but thank you." She said, "you've lost weight, a lot of weight. It really shows in your face."

Holy Cow!!!!!!! I have a great big ole moon-shaped face, so Loulou's program has given me cheek bones and thinned out the lower part of my face.

The women on both sides of my family turn into fire-hydrants with dinner platter faces on their 45th birthday.

And here I am at 52 with a youthful, feminine face and (holy mackerel!!!!) cheekbones.

Molto grazie to all of you, but especially Loulou for her genius and her generosity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations! I'd keep it up with both Fe and Ageless. I think they really compliment each other. I try to hit one or the other every day.

It's great to have options that WORK!!!!!! Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Congratulations! I'd keep it up with both Fe and Ageless. I think they really compliment each other. I try to hit one or the other every day.

It's great to have options that WORK!!!!!! Very Happy

Yes, it's great to have options that work. I'm still doing FE twice a week, and I knew that I would be hard pressed this fall to do it more than that, so it's MAHVELOUS that I have something that not only keeps me from losing ground but MOVES ME AHEAD!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I bought the $14 us dvd download.How long does it take for her to email it to you?
jeanleemarquis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I started with the Ageless program about 3 weeks ago, and I just need to hear that my N/L folds will get better if I continue to do this. (On the flip side, has anyone stopped doing Ageless because of their N/L's getting worse?) I've read through the thread & it seems that N/L lines getting worse is only a temporary condition, an "exercise hangover", and that your facial muscles are actually getting stronger and need a little time to recover. *Please, can anyone out there confirm this for me? I need some hand holding!* (I woke up this morning looking *bad*... granted, I didn't have the best night's sleep...) I'm pushing 40 here, but hoping that I can hold my ground against the aging process!

By the way, I love the EDS forums! I've been lurking for a while & am so impressed by how informed everyone is!

Thanks,
Jean
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
So you all do only 20 reps of every exercise? Isn't that like... too few? How often and much do you exercise?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I watched the DVD but I am afraid to pull my face,I am afraid it will stretch the skin and make my face sag Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |