Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Just to add, many people have been messaging me, and at no point did I say the skin sags first, as thats an after occurence, its usually the muscle will sag and drag the skin down with it. And there are many more differences between facial muscles other than their insertion points, size, muscle fibre ratios etc all differ individuals to individuals. What I actually said was (and emphasis I'm bolding here is the direct statement ):

This means that when the facial muscles sag, the skin attached to them goes along for the ride.

Its also important to note, my posting actually goes much more into depth than that one paragraph on the forum, and I've read Lou's reasoning for this but do not agree with it entirely but am by no means saying that my answer is conclusive as I'm sure its one of those things which again differ individual to individual. Just thought that many people were asking me why I made that statement, and its not my statement but CM's understanding of my original statement.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Just to add, many people have been messaging me, and at no point did I say the skin sags first, as thats an after occurence, its usually the muscle will sag and drag the skin down with it. And there are many more differences between facial muscles other than their insertion points, size, muscle fibre ratios etc all differ individuals to individuals. What I actually said was (and emphasis I'm bolding here is the direct statement ):

This means that when the facial muscles sag, the skin attached to them goes along for the ride.

Its also important to note, my posting actually goes much more into depth than that one paragraph on the forum, and I've read Lou's reasoning for this but do not agree with it entirely but am by no means saying that my answer is conclusive as I'm sure its one of those things which again differ individual to individual. Just thought that many people were asking me why I made that statement, and its not my statement but CM's understanding of my original statement.

Yikes, sorry, Sean, for my sloppy paraphrasing!! Shock I didn't mean that you said the relationship was causal, but re-reading what I wrote, it was quite sloppily worded, so I apologize for that!

Anyhow, Sean has a very nuanced and thoughtful analysis of all the changes that occur on the FlexEffect 3rd edition board, AND the benefit of his post is that it is written by an expert Smile Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Don't worry CM, I know that wasn't your intention but others were all too happy to read that and attribute it to me, and I just thought it was wise to point out. Otherwise others might think me a mad man - skin sagging first and all.

cm5597 wrote:
Yikes, sorry, Sean, for my sloppy paraphrasing!! Shock I didn't mean that you said the relationship was causal, but re-reading what I wrote, it was quite sloppily worded, so I apologize for that!

Anyhow, Sean has a very nuanced and thoughtful analysis of all the changes that occur on the FlexEffect 3rd edition board, AND the benefit of his post is that it is written by an expert Smile Cool

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, This is my first post on this board so I hope I do it right. I am 52 and hate the jowls and drooping mouth. I have marionette lines and I guess my cheeks have fallen. I was googling and found this thread about ageless face exercise to pump up the cheek muscles. I can't even believe that you can actually exercise the face and restore some youth. Is this possible? Has anyone had any good results from using the ageless system and is it very hard or time consuming? Also, I read that if you order the system you might not get it. Is there somewhere I can get the system for sure? I know Im lengthy but really excited if there is something out there to help this sagging face. Thanks to those who respond.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:15 am      Reply with quote
Hey Sujean

You've come to the right place.... that sounds like me in my early 50's. Believe it facial exercises rock and I wouldn't be without them. Take a look at the befores and afters on the Ageless Website and FlexEffect too. Ageless isn't very time consuming, but there is problems with the ordering part there. So I think if I were you I'd advise you to try other programs first. Take a look at these instead:
www.flexeffect.com
http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter.htm (scroll down the bottom of the page)
www.facercise.com

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/before-after/

In fact I think Carolyn started in her 50s by buying other programs and then designing her own and many say its an easy program to use, but I've never used it. I tried Facercise and it didn't do anything for me, and I used the new dvd for ages and just ended up giving it to a friend. The puff puff blow comment someone made a little while ago just cracks me up. I tend to use FlexEffect now, and am really loving it. I did do Ageless for a while, but it only built up my cheeks and did jack for my lower face, which is why I felt the need to move from it.

Thing about these photos is that they are sent from the people themselves, so they've often been criticised because of lighting etc but I think you can still see some definitive changes there!

Theresa
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Hey Sujean wave ,
I agree with TheresaMary....I too started facial exercises at 52....am 55 now and I have found that facial exercises are the only thing that has helped the lower face sag. I have used all the programs mentioned and have settled with Flexeffect third edition. I have many other skin care devices and love them all but facial exercises are truly what lifts the lower face! Wink
Toby

Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Thanks for your responses. Being a beginner and just starting face exercise. Which system do you think would be easy enough to stay with it? I'm afraid I won't understand the process and just give up. So I guess I'm asking, which system is easy, quick and effective? It is a little confusing when you know nothing about the exercises. I rely on everyone elses opinions, especially if you have been where I am now. Everything I read looks like bodybuilding people with skills. I am just an average Jane with jowls and sagging skin. I am ready to start a program and feel better about the aging process.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Sujean wrote:
Hi, Thanks for your responses. Being a beginner and just starting face exercise. Which system do you think would be easy enough to stay with it? I'm afraid I won't understand the process and just give up. So I guess I'm asking, which system is easy, quick and effective? It is a little confusing when you know nothing about the exercises. I rely on everyone elses opinions, especially if you have been where I am now. Everything I read looks like bodybuilding people with skills. I am just an average Jane with jowls and sagging skin. I am ready to start a program and feel better about the aging process.

You are me all over again. I would like to share the process that will help you but out of respect for the topic of this thread I will take this post over to the Flexeffect third edition and answer it. The answer is here
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=550705#550705

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the download about a wk or two ago and it cut out halfway through downloading. I cannot get back to the link and download it again and Loulou is not answering email. According to the Agelss forum she has not been responding for a bit.
I just wanted to let people know could be a bit risky ordering this in case you don't get anything.

For my situation, I wonder if it is possible to get a copy of the download from someone that has it if I show you my receipt to show I have paid? Not 100% sure how this would be done technically..Seems like lost $ otherwise..
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly is it that you ordered? The PDF? I've got that.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Just checked my email and she has sent me the link. That's good. Thanks for asking bluugrass Smile
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:50 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Hey Sujean

You've come to the right place.... that sounds like me in my early 50's. Believe it facial exercises rock and I wouldn't be without them. Take a look at the befores and afters on the Ageless Website and FlexEffect too. Ageless isn't very time consuming, but there is problems with the ordering part there. So I think if I were you I'd advise you to try other programs first. Take a look at these instead:
www.flexeffect.com
http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter.htm (scroll down the bottom of the page)
www.facercise.com

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/before-after/

In fact I think Carolyn started in her 50s by buying other programs and then designing her own and many say its an easy program to use, but I've never used it. I tried Facercise and it didn't do anything for me, and I used the new dvd for ages and just ended up giving it to a friend. The puff puff blow comment someone made a little while ago just cracks me up. I tend to use FlexEffect now, and am really loving it. I did do Ageless for a while, but it only built up my cheeks and did jack for my lower face, which is why I felt the need to move from it.

Thing about these photos is that they are sent from the people themselves, so they've often been criticised because of lighting etc but I think you can still see some definitive changes there!

Theresa

Hi TheresaMary, I've sent you a PM. Interested in your experience with different programs. Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Got it and responded. Hope that better explains it! Laughing
hawthorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Am so sad Loulou seems to have disappeared and her book doesn't seem to be available anymore. I love her exercises and I've got great results from doing them. I love my cheeky cheeks Very Happy and my upturned eyes. My top lip is all Frenchified and I can pout very nicely thanks to Lou.

I've added in a few things from elsewhere, and adapted her exercises as I've learnt more about my face, and really I got exactly what I wanted from doing the exercises, and more actually. I didn't know that I could change my face when I started doing Ageless, I thought I could maybe just slow down the ageing process a little. Looking prettier and having more symmetrical features is a real bonus I didn't expect.

I hope all Lou's knowledge isn't lost Crying or Very sad

Hawthorn.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
hawthorn wrote:
Am so sad Loulou seems to have disappeared and her book doesn't seem to be available anymore. I love her exercises and I've got great results from doing them. I love my cheeky cheeks Very Happy and my upturned eyes. My top lip is all Frenchified and I can pout very nicely thanks to Lou.

I've added in a few things from elsewhere, and adapted her exercises as I've learnt more about my face, and really I got exactly what I wanted from doing the exercises, and more actually. I didn't know that I could change my face when I started doing Ageless, I thought I could maybe just slow down the ageing process a little. Looking prettier and having more symmetrical features is a real bonus I didn't expect.

I hope all Lou's knowledge isn't lost Crying or Very sad

Hawthorn.

Sorry, this is totally off topic--I hope it's okay that I ask this here--but I was wondering what the hibernation diet is...Smile I've not heard of it before, so my curiosity is piqued Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello cm! Smile

I googled the Hibernation Diet and found a lot of interesting links, not certain these are the same as Hawthorn is doing? I am not linking all I found so here are 4. Smile

http://www.dietspotlight.com/hibernation-diet-review/

http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/hibernation-diet.html

http://www.newscientist.com/blog/invention/2007/08/hibernation-diet.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Hibernation-Honey-Diet&id=443881

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Darkmoon, for the links! Well, honey is out of the question for me (as a vegan), but I'm still curious about this and the theory behind it. For example, does it have to be honey, as fruit tends to have that same perfect 1:1 ratio of fructose and glucose, and I'm a fruit-o-phile Smile I'd be curious to hear what hawthorn says and what her experience with it has been Smile The word hibernation got my attention, as I have been experimenting with meal timing and sleep, and it seemed like this diet is related to that same thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Thanks, Darkmoon, for the links! Well, honey is out of the question for me (as a vegan), but I'm still curious about this and the theory behind it. For example, does it have to be honey, as fruit tends to have that same perfect 1:1 ratio of fructose and glucose, and I'm a fruit-o-phile Smile I'd be curious to hear what hawthorn says and what her experience with it has been Smile The word hibernation got my attention, as I have been experimenting with meal timing and sleep, and it seemed like this diet is related to that same thing.

I gathered the same about sleep and meal timing, I am sure Hawthorn will know much more in regards to using fruit instead of honey. I had never heard of the diet either, but have read a great deal about meal timing, size, how often to eat small meals ect.
This does piqué my interest, I love exploring many theories out there. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

I gathered the same about sleep and meal timing, I am sure Hawthorn will know much more in regards to using fruit instead of honey. I had never heard of the diet either, but have read a great deal about meal timing, size, how often to eat small meals ect.
This does piqué my interest, I love exploring many theories out there. Smile

Yes, me, too. Recently, I've been experimenting with eating my last meal at 4 pm and going to bed around 11 pm - 12 am (I know, I need to work on going to bed earlier!). Anyways, I had this massive detox that I wasn't expecting last week...but now I feel totally euphoric and love it...it's still to early to give a definitive conclusion. I got the idea from Tonya Zavasta's Quantum Eating, though I'm only doing the ``eat your last meal earlier'' part of that...Anyways, I, too, just love hearing about and being open to new theories, ideas, and ways of doing things! Smile I hope you are doing well and enjoying the nice fall weather Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Mpstat, you beat me to it....I wrote LL and suggested this very thing last night! Thanks!

Kassy, the download is 106 pages. But you really only need to print the sections with the exercises (a much smaller quantity).

so many pages, do you know if there one book tp buy? Very Happy
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:07 am      Reply with quote
this sounds very interesting,

I know honey is natural and all, but can it possible have the same detrimental effects on the skin as sugar can ?

Jackie xx
loriedorie

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
About Louise Annette- Can anyone tell me where she is or how to locate her? After reading all the positive posts on this site, I went to her site and ordered the book & dvd, and have heard nothing, gotten no responses to emails and no book. I really want to learn more but am stymied here. Can anyone help?
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:31 am      Reply with quote
Lulu seems to have vanished. Several people have been asking where she is.
mick9

Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I purchased loulous book about a year ago and basically knocked about 5 years off my appearance. I now get compliments and people asking what my secret is. Since im a guy I never mention facial exercises. Her method works best for me. I tried the other more aggressive FE program and found that I always looked tired and gaunt. Going at it slower (less exercise) really seemed to do it for me. Her method allows for more rest and shorter exercise time.Im glad I got the manual PDF when I did because I hear that it is no longer available.My skin tone and colour improved as well.very suprised by the results. Thanks LouLou...wherever you are! Rolling Eyes
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
LOULOU HAS COME BACK,
You can check it out on her forum, with newsletter if you want... so glad she is fine, just working a lot!!! Could have piped in to say something though instead of having us all worry, but what the he..!!! The emails sent when you subscribe are interesting and she is honest as she mentions that whoever has her programme doesn't really need to reorder as it is more or less the same, at least that is what I have understood Rolling Eyes .
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |