Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I sent a message to anne and lou lou, and got a email back saying they are still working on the program, but its taking them longer then they thought it would. Hopefully it will be soon.
helen

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I downloaded a copy of ageless about two years ago and I've just started looking through it

I remember there was a link to some videos she made explaining the exercises mentioned in the book. Does anyone remember what the link was?

I tried to search for it in the forum but my head started spinning after I read through about 50 pages... Rolling Eyes
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LouiseAnnette/

Now get cracking on the doing the exercises! Image
freckles00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! Thank you so much! Very Happy I really hope I can see positive results soon. My skin seems so hopeless...
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Freckles! Positive thinking needed!

I noticed a difference within a few days of starting Ageless, my skin 'pinked up' and I could see that the tone was improved. I did not realise that face muscles also get sore, duh right, but they do for sure. For example, doing the Lift Cheeks 1 and 2 exercises, I sometimes feel I can't get through the 20 reps, and I have been doing Ageless for approx. 6 months.

Onwards and upwards! Am thinking of getting the FlexEffect program next, just need to sort out the $$$, the exchange rate is horrid at the moment.
freckles00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the reminder HippoMe Very Happy

Once you start scrutinizing your skin and getting down about it, there's no end! I'd love to one day be like the ladies on this forum who love their skin Pray

I'm going to start my first Ageless session today. I really wonder what it can do for me... I don't want to be super hopeful then be crushed when it doesn't really work out, so I'll remain reserved, for now.

But it's really great that you saw changes so soon after doing Ageless! Maybe, Ageless will be my "missing piece" in my quest for better skin Laughing
musuki

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to this forum...I'm aware that they are working on a new version of the Ageless Method, but does anyone know where it's possible to buy a copy of the old version? I've done a lot of googling and haven't had any luck. Thanks for any help!
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:09 am      Reply with quote
hi
i spent ages looking for a copy of the old version but no luck, i emailed lou before xmas and was told the new version is coming soon.
to be honest i dont think its coming, i dont know whats happening but i signed up to the newsletter and have only had 1 in 3 months.
so i have given up waiting and most probably wont buy it when it comes out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi again
if you want to do the exercises here is the video instructions, I think you do 20 of each exercise,

video 1

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LouiseAnnette/?action=view&current=day1video-1.mp4

video 2

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LouiseAnnette/?action=view&current=day2vid.mp4

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Great, THANKYOU! Yes - it all seems a bit of a mystery on the website - no email contact or anything. Still, despite not having any accompanying book explanation, the video clips seem pretty clear.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I think her business partner explained that before she went away, that the new edition which isn't just a book, but a whole system where you get emails daily, and exercises and tips etc every day won't be available until she is back from China. She's got business she needs to take care of over there but I understand the newer version will have all sorts of mod things. I've only had a few emails in the last few months, but there haven't been many granted. I suppose they are trying to get the new version all finished (and some systems took liek a year - look how long we waited for FlexEffect).
helenjean wrote:
hi
i spent ages looking for a copy of the old version but no luck, i emailed lou before xmas and was told the new version is coming soon.
to be honest i dont think its coming, i dont know whats happening but i signed up to the newsletter and have only had 1 in 3 months.
so i have given up waiting and most probably wont buy it when it comes out.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:53 am      Reply with quote
You don't do 20 of every exercise, and some of them she has you say a phrase or something doesn't she. These videos were made before she filmed her dvd, so the dvd shows different things and explains them more so if people have the book these are useful, but I'm not so sure how useful they will be if you don't have it.
helenjean wrote:
Hi again
if you want to do the exercises here is the video instructions, I think you do 20 of each exercise,

video 1

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LouiseAnnette/?action=view&current=day1video-1.mp4

video 2

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LouiseAnnette/?action=view&current=day2vid.mp4
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:54 am      Reply with quote
There are contact details on the forum, for her business partner Ann who is very prompt at answering messages but is away on business, but there may be others on there yo could contact. Think the website is on the backburner till product is finished.
musuki wrote:
Great, THANKYOU! Yes - it all seems a bit of a mystery on the website - no email contact or anything. Still, despite not having any accompanying book explanation, the video clips seem pretty clear.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Oh I never realised she was away, I just thought it was going to be ready after christmas, so seeing as no one heard anythng there was a problem, if its going to be a whole program, then I will definatly be interested.
It would be good to have a rough idea when it will be ready.
With the amount of repititions per exercise, i got that from someone on the lou lous forum, anyway until I have proper instructions thats what I will carry on doing. Very Happy Very Happy

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here, also new to facial exercises. I am intrigued by them and believe that they could work.

I am aware of how much facial muscles can affect one's face, as I used to have very large masseter muscles which gave my face a "boxy" look. I had botox injected to them to paralyze them, and my face shrunk dramatically. It became more V-shaped. This is a procedure that is somewhat popular among Asians.

Anyway, I'm 27 years old, and I'm starting to notice signs of aging. Two years ago, I lost A LOT of the fat on my face. Everyone thought I'd lost weight but it was really just my face. I've also developed nasalabial folds (much more prominent on my right side) and my cheeks sag. I think this may have something to do with the aforementioned botox treatment.

My main goal is to build up my cheeks. I currently have sunken cheeks. I was born with pretty flat and small cheekbones and I'm hoping that building the muscles can create an illusion of higher cheekbones. I've considered getting cheek implants and fat grafting, and I'm glad I didn't go through with it now that I've discovered facial exercises. Cheek implants seem to rarely look natural, and fat grafting may not produce stable results.

That is one burning question I have - Can facial exercises "build" cheekbones for someone who has congenitally small and flat cheeks? I've seen loulou's pictures and she has awesome high cheekbones. But she probably had high cheekbones to begin with? I don't expect to go from no cheekbones to loulou's cheekbones, but SOME cheekbones would be nice.

I am anxiously awaiting the new version of the Ageless book so I can get more into the exercises. Currently, I am doing exercises I learned from various videos on youtube and the one loulou posted. I'm still learning to locate my muscles so I can effectively work them out.

Thank you for reading and I will continue to follow this thread, and perhaps post my progress if anyone's interested.
freckles00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also interested in hearing an answer to mylovemyway's question Smile
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone do these facial exercises?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GQhnhs2bI
musuki

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've been doing Flex Effect for a couple of weeks now, and am slightly alarmed to find more wrinkles and furrows appearing on my face, especially around the eyes and on the forehead. While I admit 2 weeks isn't very long to see an improvement, I certainly wasn't expecting to see any deterioration. I had laughter lines starting to appear around my eyes and upper cheeks which is what prompted me to start FE, but after two weeks of doing the face and skin reconstruction exercises these lines are much more noticeable than before. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a case of "gets worse before it gets better"? I've been doing 3 reps every day, with a 2 day break after 5 days, so I don't think I'm overdoing it...
havana8

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
musuki wrote:
Hi, I've been doing Flex Effect for a couple of weeks now, and am slightly alarmed to find more wrinkles and furrows appearing on my face, especially around the eyes and on the forehead. While I admit 2 weeks isn't very long to see an improvement, I certainly wasn't expecting to see any deterioration. I had laughter lines starting to appear around my eyes and upper cheeks which is what prompted me to start FE, but after two weeks of doing the face and skin reconstruction exercises these lines are much more noticeable than before. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a case of "gets worse before it gets better"? I've been doing 3 reps every day, with a 2 day break after 5 days, so I don't think I'm overdoing it...

musuki, I've re-posted your comment in the FlexEffect thread which can be found here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6413008#6413008
musuki

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:30 am      Reply with quote
OK..thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:29 am      Reply with quote
She posted on the website about it, which is how I remember. Yep its going to be a whole program, but a daily one with exercises and messages emailed to you. I know what you mean re date and when its ready, but I don’t think you’ll get that.

Re reps, ok if your happy doing that – that’s fine but I don’t recall it being that number but don’t have my book in front of me, but as you obviously trust that person who told you that info – then that’s fine.
helenjean wrote:
Hi
Oh I never realised she was away, I just thought it was going to be ready after christmas, so seeing as no one heard anythng there was a problem, if its going to be a whole program, then I will definatly be interested.
It would be good to have a rough idea when it will be ready.
With the amount of repititions per exercise, i got that from someone on the lou lous forum, anyway until I have proper instructions thats what I will carry on doing. Very Happy Very Happy
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:36 am      Reply with quote
mylovemyway wrote:
Hi, I'm new here, also new to facial exercises. I am intrigued by them and believe that they could work.

I am aware of how much facial muscles can affect one's face, as I used to have very large masseter muscles which gave my face a "boxy" look. I had botox injected to them to paralyze them, and my face shrunk dramatically. It became more V-shaped. This is a procedure that is somewhat popular among Asians.

Anyway, I'm 27 years old, and I'm starting to notice signs of aging. Two years ago, I lost A LOT of the fat on my face. Everyone thought I'd lost weight but it was really just my face. I've also developed nasalabial folds (much more prominent on my right side) and my cheeks sag. I think this may have something to do with the aforementioned botox treatment.

My main goal is to build up my cheeks. I currently have sunken cheeks. I was born with pretty flat and small cheekbones and I'm hoping that building the muscles can create an illusion of higher cheekbones. I've considered getting cheek implants and fat grafting, and I'm glad I didn't go through with it now that I've discovered facial exercises. Cheek implants seem to rarely look natural, and fat grafting may not produce stable results.

That is one burning question I have - Can facial exercises "build" cheekbones for someone who has congenitally small and flat cheeks? I've seen loulou's pictures and she has awesome high cheekbones. But she probably had high cheekbones to begin with? I don't expect to go from no cheekbones to loulou's cheekbones, but SOME cheekbones would be nice.

I am anxiously awaiting the new version of the Ageless book so I can get more into the exercises. Currently, I am doing exercises I learned from various videos on youtube and the one loulou posted. I'm still learning to locate my muscles so I can effectively work them out.

Thank you for reading and I will continue to follow this thread, and perhaps post my progress if anyone's interested.

Yes, I think you can improve the fullness of your cheeks with facial exercises. I think the key is not just to do toning exercises for the cheeks, but to actually apply the weight of your hands to the cheeks so that you are doing resistance (muscle-building) exercises.

I think it takes a lot of time, dedication, and patience...as well as you have to really isolate and work the muscles hard...and you will typically go through ups and downs in the first year. But if you do that, and work the muscles like you are bodybuilding, I think that over the course of several months to a couple or more years, you can add fullness to your cheeks.

Just my experience. (For reference, my weak areas are my gaunt lower cheeks (now almost filled in!) and very little fullness in my upper cheeks. All have improved substantially but it took a long while.)

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Cm how long have you done facial exercises for? I know you do a lot and have a lot of knowledge with all the programs out there, but I'm kind of thinking that someone in their late 20's/early 30's wouldn't have much benefit from them, as they won't be dealing with sag etc.

Do you think that all the facial programs will help the poster build cheekbones particularly if they haven't got them already? I think thts what they were asking about and I'm curious to know what you think also?

Lucy
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
LondonLucyGeorge wrote:
Cm how long have you done facial exercises for? I know you do a lot and have a lot of knowledge with all the programs out there, but I'm kind of thinking that someone in their late 20's/early 30's wouldn't have much benefit from them, as they won't be dealing with sag etc.

Do you think that all the facial programs will help the poster build cheekbones particularly if they haven't got them already? I think thts what they were asking about and I'm curious to know what you think also?

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

I did Facercise on and off (mostly off) from age 20 until 27. I would do stints of several weeks at a time, and then not do it for a while. I did have two longer stretches of several months. I've now been doing mostly FlexEffect for 2.2 years (I had a 6 month break in there that I'm not including towards that total), but I like to mix in a few exercises from other programs on occasion Smile

Yes, I think most people in their 20's/early 30's have little sag, so would not see much of a difference. For those people, it would be mostly for prevention. However, if you already have some sag or some issues with losing fullness in your face (like me) or simply want to enhance what you already have (e.g., improve facial symmetry, make the cheeks stand out more)...then you will likely see more of benefit even when younger. Just my best guess Smile I would still do it for prevention, even if I didn't have some issues that I want to address; however, I wouldn't work as hard at it as I am, if that makes sense.

For someone who simply wants to enhance the fullness in their cheeks, I *think* that somewhere between tiny to significant changes are possible, depending on numerous factors...too numerous to list, including muscle-building potential, bone structure, genetics, diet, muscle control, finger strength, etc. This is my conclusion after reading hundreds of posts on three different forums, just based on the variability and range of experiences. I have also been able to go from gaunt cheeks to thin cheeks that are mostly filled in (just a little more left to go!). But it's been a slow process, slower than I originally expected.

I think that to reduce sag in the cheeks, most of the programs out there will help you with that to varying degrees.

But to restore fullness to the face, I think you need more than just toning exercises. In exercise physiology, we know that you have to lift a heavy weight to build appreciable amounts of muscle. Toning or using light weights doesn't build very much muscle. Hence the different strategies adopted by bodybuilders versus someone who wants a yoga-like physique; bodybuilders lift heavy weights or use high resistance, whereas people who want yoga-like physiques lift light weights, do isometrics, or use their bodyweight when exercising.

Hence, I think that to build significant amounts of muscle and hence to create fullness in the cheeks, you need a program where you apply resistance to the cheeks. My understanding is the programs that include resistance training are FlexEffect and Ageless. Facercise (at least not the older program), ShapeYourFace, and many others do not. I *think* that "Facial Magic" and "Facelifting by Exercise" include resistance, but I'm not 100% certain. Similarly, I don't know about Happy Face Yoga and Carolyn's Facial Fitness. Does this help? Let me know if it doesn't.

All the best Smile

P.S. Do you live in London? London is my favorite city by far Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi CM

Yes I’m a Londoner born and bred.

That mirrors my thinking. I’m still not so sure that all that stretching, twisting and pulling is good for the skin, but I know its done wonders for some, but I find the fact that some people get strange results quite frightening so I’m still going to skip that part for sure.

I know Deb and some of the others began their facial exercises when younger and so I think that’s probably got a great deal of why they have such good results. I mean its just like exercising the body – you start out young when the tissue is healthy and you can kind of make it remain healthy, but you start out older when the tissue is half dead and you won’t get anywhere near the results. That said I mean with my bodybuilding background I struggle with the idea of working out daily. It never happens with the body so why would the face be any different.

With your cheeks, it’s a shame that none of the programs you tried delivered results, but I’m wondering if that’s the fault of the programs you are doing in that they haven’t engaged the muscles properly or is it something else. Whilst I agree those factors you mention are problematic, in my mind that shouldn’t stop someone building muscle – the same is true for the body. Even if diet is out, a person can and will build some muscle.

I thought I read a post of yours recently where you were discussing why Facercise wasn’t a resistance program (because the poster mentioned increasing the resistance b pressing into the floor) – and I agree with you that part didn’t make sense, but as you say you have to press into the tissue and from what I can see with the cheeks exercise of Facercise, you only press 1 fingers into the cheeks so that’s going to work the muscles bigtime are they? Maybe I’m missing something here.

Sorry didn’t mean to highjack this thread but am thinking these questions might be helpful to others if they are going to do Ageless. I do have Ageless and am still very cross that Lou just vanished and then came back to promote her product without any explanation whatsoever. Some excuse would have been nice – as there were fans of hers who were very defensive over her, so it’s a discredit to them really. Plus this new product she spoke of last year still isn’t available as yet and has no definitive date or idea of a date. Love to know why facial exercises teachers do that. Still the worst by far was FlexEffect who kept people waiting a year. I did want to order it in the beginning – but after about 10 months I gave up. Facercise did something similar – she spoke about her book end of last year and there is still no sign of it – but apparently it will be available end of April and of course Ageless – the facial exercise teachers need to learn how to get a grip on time and meeting deadlines – as none seem to be able to do it!

Lucy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |