Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:29 am      Reply with quote
OK a bit of a rant coming on here, but I think its not been mentioned so far. A big part of the newer version is that its got this Hot Spots book that Louise said she’d never write. These are basically a super-charged set of exercises she’s developed. She’s also been using them with her clients. So she’s got these super exercises which she’s been doing herself and her clients, isn’t it a bit unfair to those of us who have been doing the old Ageless as we’re never going to get the same results as hers, and its bad for her to be doing something and not be upfront about it isn’t it. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it kind of annoys me when you read things like that, because its like a slap in the face. We’ve all been led to believe that doing her exercises will give us her results, when all along she’s been doing something different.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Same here too. Also with the new stuff, does this mean Lou is going to frequent the forum more often to answer questions etc.
ATester wrote:
hussar01 wrote:
Hi Loulou, glad to see you back. Could you tell me the alternative method you found to smooth out the forehead please?
Thanks

Same here Loulou, interested in knowing about the alternative method.
Thanks.
serendipity2
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
OK a bit of a rant coming on here, but I think its not been mentioned so far. A big part of the newer version is that its got this Hot Spots book that Louise said she’d never write. These are basically a super-charged set of exercises she’s developed. She’s also been using them with her clients. So she’s got these super exercises which she’s been doing herself and her clients, isn’t it a bit unfair to those of us who have been doing the old Ageless as we’re never going to get the same results as hers, and its bad for her to be doing something and not be upfront about it isn’t it. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but it kind of annoys me when you read things like that, because its like a slap in the face. We’ve all been led to believe that doing her exercises will give us her results, when all along she’s been doing something different.

I agree, but I have to admit, I'm most curious about this "hotspot" addition to the program. Like many other's, I've had minimal results so naturally my thinking (and probably others as well) is maybe it's worth the money to access the additional material if it helps?

Also, why is this program only available for 5 days? I don't get it. Never to be available again?

Hmmmmm
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 am      Reply with quote
You know its got my curiousity and theres a video showing you how to do them, which is great as I really need video demos, but I don't understand why its such a short time only. That makes no sense to me and its pretty pricey so I'm not sure they're be able to make as much sales had they done it for a longer period. Annoying and frustrating really.

So has anyone caved and bought it. What are the views?
serendipity2 wrote:
I agree, but I have to admit, I'm most curious about this "hotspot" addition to the program. Like many other's, I've had minimal results so naturally my thinking (and probably others as well) is maybe it's worth the money to access the additional material if it helps?

Also, why is this program only available for 5 days? I don't get it. Never to be available again?

Hmmmmm
serendipity2
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:46 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
You know its got my curiousity and theres a video showing you how to do them, which is great as I really need video demos, but I don't understand why its such a short time only. That makes no sense to me and its pretty pricey so I'm not sure they're be able to make as much sales had they done it for a longer period. Annoying and frustrating really.

So has anyone caved and bought it. What are the views?
serendipity2 wrote:

Hmmmmm

right now, I'm toying with the idea of laying down the cash, to get that darned 'Hotspots" dvd.......I feel a little roped into doing that, but what else can I do if I want the additional info?

I did write asking if the Hotspots dvd might be available separately, but have had no response on this days later.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean, its so tempting but the sad thing is that I just can't afford it at the moment with all the stuff going on. Ive noticed though that Lou has vanished again since putting that announcement here re the new product (and done the same message on her own forum). It kind of is really bad customer service to me to advertise a product and create all these questions and not be able to address it or have them answered.

Judging from the lack of responses here though, I'm guessing no one has purchased it?
serendipity2
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:45 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I know what you mean, its so tempting but the sad thing is that I just can't afford it at the moment with all the stuff going on. Ive noticed though that Lou has vanished again since putting that announcement here re the new product (and done the same message on her own forum). It kind of is really bad customer service to me to advertise a product and create all these questions and not be able to address it or have them answered.

Judging from the lack of responses here though, I'm guessing no one has purchased it?

Well, I'm certainly not into attacking anyone, but isn't it more then coincidental that LL 'Plucked" the courage to reappear on her forum, with the release of the new program? I can understand not wanting to be attacked, however, I can't imagine her being that fragile....she's a business person, and it comes with the territory, imo.

ANhow, from what I've seen from the sidelines, I wouldn't expect to see any answers/help here, or on the forum, going forward. It would be nice if I were wrong.
serendipity2
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes...if I decide to spend that much on the next day for the Hotspots, I will certainly report back on it.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Can't give any review as I'm determined to NOT purchase it...if I change my mind it would be if the circumstances were different:
1.- Only five day sale? Then what, it vanishes or does it mean it gets even more expensive?
2.- Don't like the fact that this is the second time that Loulou does a comeback, just to sell -happened just before Christmas too, and then disappears.
3.- Don't like the fact also that she has made this last announcement and vanished, leaving unanswered questions.
4.- Not really all that sure if I actually like her looks right now, much preferred her looks in the first amateur video she had up with no sound to "explain" the movements of her exercises.
5.- AND MOST IMPORTANT: I think it is way far to expensive.

Obviously interested in knowing more about the extra HotSpots too.
serendipity2
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh.

Ok, I caved and I bought it.

But, guess what? Here's what I get when I try to download it:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

Does anyone know what I can do? I have sent 3 messages throughout the day to ageless/Anne, asking for assistance.
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Can't give any review as I'm determined to NOT purchase it...if I change my mind it would be if the circumstances were different:
1.- Only five day sale? Then what, it vanishes or does it mean it gets even more expensive?
2.- Don't like the fact that this is the second time that Loulou does a comeback, just to sell -happened just before Christmas too, and then disappears.
3.- Don't like the fact also that she has made this last announcement and vanished, leaving unanswered questions.
4.- Not really all that sure if I actually like her looks right now, much preferred her looks in the first amateur video she had up with no sound to "explain" the movements of her exercises.

Agree with you on your 4th point. I observed the same thing in an earlier post above.
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Serendipity, download the vlc media player. I don't know what format it doesn't recognize. I've used it for years.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
I certainly hope that you're happy with your purchase although Loulou & co. is following the same pattern of lousy customer service as in the past. This bodes no good.
jmg2011

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Ive noticed though that Lou has vanished again since putting that announcement here re the new product (and done the same message on her own forum).

Where is Loulou's "own forum"? Could you post a URL? Thanks!
jmg2011

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
serendipity2 wrote:
Ugh.

Ok, I caved and I bought it.

But, guess what? Here's what I get when I try to download it:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

Does anyone know what I can do? I have sent 3 messages throughout the day to ageless/Anne, asking for assistance.

Serendipity2 -- can you tell what kind of file it is? (Do you see a file extension, like .mp4 or .wmv or something like that?) If you don't see the file extension, right click on the file and select "properties." This should tell you what kind of file it is (It will say "Type of File" and maybe also "Opens with" + name of program. Then report back and maybe we can help.
ummabbaad

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
They are .wmv files. I use a mac need flip4mac in order to view the videos. Quicktime should work for opening them.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:55 am      Reply with quote
http://louiseannette.proboards.com/index.cgi

jmg2011 wrote:
TheresaMary wrote:
Ive noticed though that Lou has vanished again since putting that announcement here re the new product (and done the same message on her own forum).

Where is Loulou's "own forum"? Could you post a URL? Thanks!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Agree whole heartedly with you on all these points. It looked promising for a while, as someone was on the forum saying they were going to be working for her, and then quoted the wrong price. Loulou later said she gave them the wrong info! Does seem to be a pattern she's constantly doing.

Interested to know what you reckon of the new stuff. Let us all know!

ATester wrote:

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
As you probably know by now, today is the LAST DAY for you to get your hands on our highly-acclaimed Ageless Method 30-Day Programme as an instant download.

In fact...

At 10pm (UK time) tonight we’re taking this page down FOR GOOD.

It’s 2011 but there is still FAR too much misinformation, wrong science and CRAZY ADVICE that is making us LOOK OLD. But you can have something better...

And remember...

... the HOTSPOT programmes for tackling specific concerns... eyebags, crows feet, sagging cheeks, double chin or lips that could be poutier... is yours ABSOLUTELY FREE when you order our programme. These hard-hitting boutique exercise programmes have up to now ONLY been available to PRIVATE CLIENTS.

So...

Not only will you be getting full access to the revolutionary Ageless Method 30 day package, but you’ll also have the opportunity to blitz your trouble spots in a controlled and safe way, with the benefit of Louise Annette’s experience and knowledge.

Order your programme here and claim your Hotspot Method book and DVD downloads!

Hugs,

Louise and Anne
The Ageless Team

Above is the latest email I've received in an absolute bombardment of correspondence since the new programme has been released. As you can see, this is the last day and the programme will never be available again. Is this the weirdest marketing strategy ever? I don't understand this at all. And I don't like it. If I were going to spend this amount of money on a facial exercise programme, I would want to know that it was ongoing and that I would receive support, if needed, in the future.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:54 am      Reply with quote
You know thats something I agree with you completely on, and I think its so important to know if there is support for people who are paying for the programme, and I am not getting any answers at all. I've posted on the main forum at Ageless, and emailed Anne and posted here. Lou only seems to come here to launch her program and then vanishes again.

I don't get it. She wrote about getting nasty feedback from Trigger on the forum, which I have to say I can completely understand but when you're launching a new product, and people have questions over it you will only encourage people to buy it by providing answers not by ignoring them.

Its just plain old strange. From what I can see the only reason worth buying this new lot is for the Hotspots thing, which I find I am really struggling with as it kind of annoys me with what she's been saying in the past. I.e. that doing the Ageless exercises will provide the same results, when in all reality she gives people different exercises who go to her and has been doing different ones herself. Just seems to be putting a nasty taste in my mouth for some reason.

I've yet to hear anyone sing the new programs praises as yet too which I think is quite relevant and revealing too.

Keliu wrote:
Above is the latest email I've received in an absolute bombardment of correspondence since the new programme has been released. As you can see, this is the last day and the programme will never be available again. Is this the weirdest marketing strategy ever? I don't understand this at all. And I don't like it. If I were going to spend this amount of money on a facial exercise programme, I would want to know that it was ongoing and that I would receive support, if needed, in the future.
serendipity2
5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
thanks to all for their suggestions, but after trying everything, I'm very confused and mad that I can't download!!! I get the same message when it's done downloading, that it failed.
ummabbaad

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I am new to this forum, been lurking for some time on and off as I have been waiting to purchase ageless for a while now and when I first read about it from this site there was nowhere to purchase it. I have FE and tried it for a few weeks but I have an infant and a toddler and just can't dedicate that much time to the program - not that I really need it as I'm only 34 but I want to have an arsenal ready for when I do need it Wink. I could use some cheek work now and am starting to see a few faint lines under my eyes and a few eye wrinkles when I smile. Anyhow, I love how thorough FE is but wanted something easier and quicker at least for the time being. I can always go back to FE when my kids are older and I have more time to commit.

Now, I understand many are upset w/ the price and I was shocked as well and did not expect to pay that amount but after a few days I caved as I realized that 1. she undersold herself in the beginning and 2. I want the program and if it did work would that amount of $$ be worth it to me, and my answer was yes. My selling point was that there was a 30 day guarantee so I figured I can't lose.

I had no problem downloading, I just needed to update my flip4mac program as .wmv is for windows and you need a special player if you have a mac. I never had her program in the past so I have nothing to compare it to. I will say that the videos are very amateurish and the quality is very poor. There are birds chirping between each exercise which annoys me like crazy but I guess they though it added a nice touch? The hotspots seems cool, but again, I have nothing to compare it to. After the first exercise in the video the video stops and then there are a bunch of pictures with instructions until the next exercise, totally threw me off as to why the second exercise didn't have a video and were still photos, bad ones at that. Now I haven't had a good chance to view the entire video of either the 30 day or the hotspots yet nor read either book through but I do think from reviews I read in the past that I will like the program and as long as I can see and understand what is being done then I'm okay with that.

I will add that the CS is horrible. I emailed both loulou and anne in the past just to inquire about how to buy the program w/ no answer and after lurking on this board and her own forum some months ago I found out that she upped and disappeared and doesn't help her customers which is a downer. I can totally understand why many of you don't want to fork out the money. The only reason I did is b/c I don't want to regret not doing it and in the long run I've wasted far greater than $136 on stupid creams that are taking up shelf space in my bathroom that do NOTHING.

I'm sorry I wasn't much help to you all as I know you were looking for a review and I can't honestly give one being that I haven't fully looked at everything yet but a guarantee is a guarantee and I payed through paypal so if they refuse to give me my $$ back if I'm not pleased I can open a dispute. I also copy and pasted the pages (the sales pages) in a word document as they said they'd take it down after tonight and I want proof just in case I did need a refund so I had something to send to paypal. Sorry for the super long post Embarassed
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
"hard-hitting boutique exercise programmes" what on earth are boutique exercise programmes?! Authoritative language, not nonsense, looks more professional. Though it did make me laugh. Laughing

ummabbaad, the "chirping birds noises" between exercises on the .wmv video clip, sounds just like the original DVD..though can't say if they're identical, for obvious reasons.

I agree there are some bizarre strategies going on here, and ones that won't be good for business. At all.

Maybe Lou has undersold herself (particularly when you compare Ageless with the prices of other programs), and she has extra employees on the payroll now..

This "one time only" promotion, the constant disappearing acts, the tacky looking website, misinformation (eg, the price being amended), all say "stay away" to me.

I appreciate Lou is trying to build a business, but nobody seems to be focussed or "on the same page" in her team. Sorry, but just my opinion.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Quote:
As you probably know by now, today is the LAST DAY for you to get your hands on our highly-acclaimed Ageless Method 30-Day Programme as an instant download.

In fact...

At 10pm (UK time) tonight we’re taking this page down FOR GOOD.

It’s 2011 but there is still FAR too much misinformation, wrong science and CRAZY ADVICE that is making us LOOK OLD. But you can have something better...

And remember...

... the HOTSPOT programmes for tackling specific concerns... eyebags, crows feet, sagging cheeks, double chin or lips that could be poutier... is yours ABSOLUTELY FREE when you order our programme. These hard-hitting boutique exercise programmes have up to now ONLY been available to PRIVATE CLIENTS.

So...

Not only will you be getting full access to the revolutionary Ageless Method 30 day package, but you’ll also have the opportunity to blitz your trouble spots in a controlled and safe way, with the benefit of Louise Annette’s experience and knowledge.

Order your programme here and claim your Hotspot Method book and DVD downloads!

Hugs,

Louise and Anne
The Ageless Team

I have also emailed this duet of prevously-respected facial exercise proponents. No response. The emails and marketing is out-and- out tacky IMO. It a very great shame as the exercises in the original program are fabulous, and work for me in spades. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so biting my tongue right now, because I'd be banned if I said what I really think on the subject of LL..(F%c_!*& @$$h+!^) I still stand behind what I said several pages back.. (And trust me when I tell you, it's way tamed down.

Sorry if anybody is offended, but IMHO I feel that LL is a fraud. I also think she's quite tacky and disrespectful to her *followers*, when she sneaks out of the woodwork every 6 months to push a new product, but STILL has not bothered to address any concerns or questions from the users of her program. (Even on these last 2 pages!) Get used to it, she doesn't give a crap about anything but making a few sales.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Save your money up, and get *fillers*, then you'll be just like LL..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Your poor tongue, Kassy. I'm guessing it's almost chewed off by now. I always feel used when I receive no response from these people as I've spent a lot of time promoting the exercises, and have more than a few links to them as I believe them to work. I just don't understand how you can run a business, bombard someone's mailbox with spammy emails every day for a week, and cannot find the time to answer a simple question.

Kassy_A wrote:
I'm so biting my tongue right now, because I'd be banned if I said what I really think on the subject of LL..(F%c_!*& @$$h+!^) I still stand behind what I said several pages back.. (And trust me when I tell you, it's way tamed down.

Sorry if anybody is offended, but IMHO I feel that LL is a fraud. I also think she's quite tacky and disrespectful to her *followers*, when she sneaks out of the woodwork every 6 months to push a new product, but STILL has not bothered to address any concerns or questions from the users of her program. (Even on these last 2 pages!) Get used to it, she doesn't give a crap about anything but making a few sales.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Save your money up, and get *fillers*, then you'll be just like LL..

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |