Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi anca,

Yes, they do seem the same, but if you listen to how she says to smile in the instructions of each exercise at the beginning of the dvd, you see there are slight variations with each exercise. You do grab the skin on the cheeks basically the same way in all four exercises, but in the first exercise you are smiling up hard as if you are trying to touch the corners of your mouth to the center of your eyes. In the second exercise you are smiling as if you are trying to touch the corners of your mouth to your temples. And the third and forth exercises have you smiling as if you are trying to pull the corners of your mouth straight out to your earlobes, but you do one set with your lips closes and one set with them open and teeth showing.

I had to watch the instructionals a few times to really get it, but the slight variations on these similar exercises do make you feel as if you've worked out your cheeks differently and thoroughly.
anca
5% products discount

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you sandooch.

Yes, I´ve understood the movements of the mouth but it seems that my mouth can´t do this, it seems that all movements of my mouth are the same Sad when I look in the mirror.

I would like somebody (Loulou, Eva, Carolyne etc.) to look my face and say to me what muscles I need to work, because I think that not all people need the same exercises.

I am so used with my face that I am not sure that I work the properly muscles.

Sorry for my English but it is not my first language.

Thank you for your explanations.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Don’t give up at the first hurdle, just because your mouth can’t do it straight away doesn’t mean it isn’t working and the more you practice the more I think you will be able to do this, but its like most things – you didn’t start out learning the alphabet overnight – so the face muscles may be the same.

I think you can speak with any program creator out there – but imagine they will all tell you that you need to follow their systems completely to get the full results. I think that your right that ultimately we don’t need to do all the same exercises exactly but the way to finding out which ones we do/don’t has to come from trying them out for a while. I’ve done them for 10 years plus, and do a mix and match of ones which work well for my face, but in the beginning I did different programs and some gave me great results and some not so great – but its doing them that gives you that result and I don’t think someone can tell you which exercises to do and not do just from photo.
anca wrote:
Thank you sandooch.

Yes, I´ve understood the movements of the mouth but it seems that my mouth can´t do this, it seems that all movements of my mouth are the same Sad when I look in the mirror.

I would like somebody (Loulou, Eva, Carolyne etc.) to look my face and say to me what muscles I need to work, because I think that not all people need the same exercises.

I am so used with my face that I am not sure that I work the properly muscles.

Sorry for my English but it is not my first language.

Thank you for your explanations.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Maybe you could try to locate the muscle you want to train in the exercise (the one Loulou grabs and contracts) by putting your fingers lightly on the part of the cheek you want to exercise and make the mouth movement until you feel the muscle respond. Then you know which mouth movement makes that muscle move, and you can do the exercise.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
It would be nice to hear from some of the posters who have recently started using Ageless to get a progress report.

For me, I've been faithfully doing Ageless now for 7 weeks. I do it 3 times a week, both day one and day two, for a total of 22 complete facial workouts. I also do 3 of the occassional exercises 3 times a week: the brow lift, the one for the brow furrows (the 11s) and the lip one (I squeeze upper and lower lip for this exercie). I also do Carole Maggio's lip plumper exercise for addtional umph daily. My lips are already full, but I want to keep them full and maybe get them a little fuller.

I also do not do the eyelid pulling exercise. Not only does this exercise hurt while doing it and leave my eyelids looking crepier and lumpy for up to an half hour afterwards, but my vision is blurry for a couple minutes afterwards as well. All that concerns me. So I've started doing the eye exercise where you hold your eyebrows up with your fingertips and squeeze your lids shut tight, 20 reps and holding each for 3-4 seconds. I know it's not the same type of resistance as the eyelid pulling exercise, but I simply do not feel comfortable doing that one. And I really work my muscles in all of these exercies; I don't just go through them willy nilly with no resistance.

All this being said, in all this time I can say I have not seen ONE iota of change to my face. No plumper cheeks, fuller lips, reduction of the double chin or tightening of the neck, lifting of the eyelids or brows...NADA! It is very disappointing, especially after hearing of most people doing this program and getting results within a few weeks, sometimes sooner than that. I know other programs say your need to do their program for 4-6 months before you see a change in your face, but Ageless boasts that you will see a definite change after doing it for 1-2 months. Well, here I am one month shy of 2 months, and there is no change that I've noticed nor any of my family or friends.

Now, I have a weightloss/beauty blog that I started last July. Each month on the 25th I post picture updates of my face and body. So in 5 days I'll be taking more pictures for this blog. I will come back here and post a picture of myself from right before starting Ageless and then of 2 months after doing Ageless. I'll let you all be the judge (please don't be too harsh judging on lighting, postitioning and such since these are only home photos that my kids take of me. I do the best I can standing in the same postition, though, and taking them roughly at the same time of day, but with weather changes, that can make a difference with shadows). Maybe I'm just being too harsh on myself, but I don't have much hope for this program. Too bad because I really like how quick it is. I don't want to devote 20-30 mintues daily on other programs.

I'm not saying I'm giving up. After all, it took me 3 times longer to notice results from RapidLash than most people did. So maybe that is true with Ageless as well. I will definitely give it another 2 months, but if I don't see any change within that time, I'll look for another facial program that, hopefully, will not take too much time out of my day.

I hope to hear from others who've been doing this program for a while now, and I hope you have had better success with it than I've had so far.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Give it some more time, 7 weeks is very short. Three months is a good time to see if it works for you.
You probably do feel a difference by now though, firmer cheeks?
greci123

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! Well after months of try ing to obtain agelss exercises, I have finally been able to download the dvd and book---yahoo!...however, I see I need time to read and digest and view the exercises. My question is does one usually do exercise set 1 every other day and exercise set 2 on alternate days? There probably is no right protocol but like to know basic regime--maybe I have overlooked this in my reading. I have also done Carol Maggio's facercise without any significant results but I do get the burn..any one want to comment on ageless versus facercise? Many thanks! I will still do a couple of facercise exercises (esp. the nose shortener as my nose needs a little help--although after 4 mths no change). Robbie
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies!

Lotusesther, I hope you're right that I'll see a difference within another 4-5 weeks. But, no, I do not notice my cheeks getting firmer yet. I will say this...my hands, which used to ache from holding my cheeks out in the first 4 exercises, do not ache anymore. So at least they are stronger. Laughing Razz

Robbie, I did Facercise years ago for about 2 months straight (my brother and sister did it with me). None of use saw an improvement. Carole is another facial exercise expert who claims you will see significant changes within a very short time (in her book, as you may well know, she shows before and afters of clients who've only done her program for 5-10 days). So I would think we would at least see a little difference in 2 months. Oh well, maybe with that program, too, we gave up too soon. But like I said, I am doing her lip exercise along with Ageless because I do like that burn.

You can do the Ageless program every day, part 1 one day and part 2 the next or combine them like I do and do it 3 times a week.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sandooch, can we have a link to your weight loss beauty blog?
Thank you
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sure, and thanks for asking.
www.oneyeartostunning.com
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Sandooch, amazing! How can you say you see no change in your face?! I have only had time to look at your pictures, will read your blog this evening. Well done you and keep on doing what you're doing!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
This is really a great result! And to think you lost a LOT of weight in the mean time (congratulations!!!) which would normally lead to sag. You look fabulous, years and years younger!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:04 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Sure, and thanks for asking.
www.oneyeartostunning.com

OMG! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!

You have so many impressive changes! You look 10000000% healthier.

Your skin coloring is gorgeous!

I can see that you've lost a lot of inflamation in your face alone! Your under eyes looked as though you had perhaps allergies, and such. The skin looks quite smooth now... I'm guessing since you're in a facial exercise section you do exercises....

Make sure you continue to massage!!!! You look young enough that all tissues that might have been stressed from the weight they will snap back. (That would be my current prediction) Especially when you look at how amazing your jaw line and neck now look!

And that waist line! HELLO???!!!!! It's pulling in quite nice!

You are very inspirational. I have weight to lose myself. And just looking at your pics was inspiring!

Thank you for sharing!

5% products discount

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm 40 and have been doing Ageless (each set of exercises on alternate days) for about 8 weeks now. After the first week, I thought I noticed subtle improvements, especially in the way I was more aware of how I held my face when it's neutral.

After that, it seemed that there was no change. Then I began to notice little pouches at the sides of my mouth, which as I understand it, could be a temporary side effect of things beginning to shift (hope so!)

I have also looked a bit tired and a bit "slack" on the lower part of my face for a little while which was disheartening, and I considered switching to Eva's programme. However, as I had promised myself to give Ageless at least six months before deciding on whether it's made a difference or not I have carried on.

And there wasn't any real change, until I noticed this week that my jawline is suddenly the same as it was in my photos of four years ago and before. The slight jowling has gone. I took about 15 pics in various positions and lights and even when I'm not smiling my jawline is still very much sharper.

So that is the only change so far I think, and I have only noticed this in pics.

So, I feel a bit more positive now.

Hi Sandooch, I had a quick peek at your blog, and in my opinion, wow!!
greci123

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats, Sandooch---you look great! Your face definitely looks more toned and I agree, your skin coloring is SO pretty!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! I was gone all day so I hadn't been by to check this thread until later. I cannot tell you all how happy your comments made me. I was actually nervous to post the link, but I'm so glad I did now. You are all so very sweet. Those sort of comments keep me motivated to give it my all.

I do hope you realize, though, that the before and afters you are viewing on 1/25/2012 are from the very start of my journey on July 25, 2011 and the after was on January 25, 2012, 6 months later. They are not from one month apart. I'll post pics here of when I started doing the Ageless program almost 2 months ago and then you can compare those to the most recent ones I took one month later on January 25th.

Here I was at the start of doing Ageless If You Dare on December 24, 2011 and below is from one month later, January 25th of this year:

ImageImage
(please excuse that weird colored dot under my left eye. I had a white speck there that I didn't notice until after taking the picture and tried to fix it on photobucket...unsuccessfully lol)

Here are the one month before and afters of my eyes:

ImageImage

So, see what I mean about not seeing any difference between these two. I do see a big change from the beginning of my journey when I was almost 35 pounds heavier just from that weight loss. But I'm anxious to see less hooded eyelids and those darn 11s fading away. Oh, and a little more fullness in my cheeks, because I know as I lose the next 40 pounds, I will lose even more fullness in my face.

Well, at least now you all have me excited about posting my next set of pictures this coming Saturday. I'll be sure to come back here and post them next to the the ones I posted from the start of doing Ageless.

Thank you again everyone.

Miel24, thank you for giving me hope that with a bit more time dedicated to this program, I just might see the changes I'm looking for. Very Happy
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
OMG!
Here are the one month before and afters of my eyes:

In my experience, one month is not quite long enough. I would expect you to start FEELING differences in your face to the touch.

I'd expect in 2-3 months you will notice things that pretty much only YOU will notice, and others will say things like... Did you change your hair? Your make up? Things like that.

And then 6 months or so, is when someone who hasn't seen you in a while (especially in your case with all the weight loss), walks past you, because they didn't recognize you! This generally won't happen without such weight loss, but you really already look like a whole new person...

keep up the hard work! You are doing yourself such an amazing service.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Claudia, thanks again for the compliment and the encouragement. Maybe once I put up the 2-month pictures on my blog and here I'll be able to see a little difference. I'm sure scrutinizing my face every time a visit the bathroom doesn't help. What's that old saying? Oh yeah...A watched pot never boils. Laughing Razz
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I see everyone has beat me to it. You look years younger since the weight loss. It has made an amazing transformation to your jawline. Keep up the good work!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, Patratmack!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I see everyone has beat me to it. You look years younger since the weight loss. It has made an amazing transformation to your jawline. Keep up the good work!

I toooooootally agree! You look great! I think it's really impressive how much you have accomplished already. And I love your can-do attitude. Smile

Second, I just wanted to encourage you to keep going. I own Ageless too, and I think Loulou's estimates of the timeline for changes were too optimistic. I remember she said on her website at one point that a person would reach maintenance mode with her program after only 6 months. But I don't recall anyone who did (either with Ageless or any other facial exercise program, except a couple people who were in their 20's and were doing it to keep what they already had). We all respond on different timelines, while I started feeling some changes early, I didn't start seeing changes in my skin until after the 4th month and didn't start seeing changes in my cheeks until about 5.5 months in. And my weakest muscles didn't really start to improve until a few more months beyond that. So this is just to encourage you to stick with it for longer and to view it as a lifelong commitment, like exercise. After all, the nice thing about Ageless is it's a really short program, so if you're going to take a longer-term gamble on facial exercises to see if it works (e.g., 6-12 months), then doing Ageless at least is not a big investment of time! In other words, I would discourage you both from switching programs and/or from giving up but just give it a longer time horizon to see more results. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:56 am      Reply with quote
cm, your post has really inpired me. I guess from reading all the earlier successful posts on this thread it seemed as though almost everyone noticed fuller cheeks and lifted eyelids within a matter of weeks. But I have to realize that I'm not like everyone else. And maybe those people where younger than me or didn't have as much slackness in their eyelids and such. So I will definitely continue with Ageless and hope to see some results withing the next 2 to 4 months.

I was supposed to take my pictures today for my blog, but no one is home to take my picture. How dare they! I guess I'll have to take them tomorrow morning, my husand's one day off from work.

Thanks again to everyone for keeping me encouraged to continue with Ageless. ツ
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I had promised to post my 2-month progress pictures of using the Ageless If We Dare program and here they are(Sorry for the different lighting. It all depends when I can get my husband or daughters to take my picture and what the weather outside is like):

December 24, 2011
February 26, 2012

December 24, 2011
February 26, 2012

December 24, 2011
February 26, 2012

So, no difference yet, as you can see. But you've all given me hope that it will come within the next month or two (maybe 3 Wink ). So I will keep on keeping on with it.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 am      Reply with quote
You say you don't see results, but I notice a smoother forehead, 11's that are definitely less deep and your n/l folds are way less deep and shorter.
That and no sag, in spite of that huge weight loss!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Really? (goes back to inspect pictures further) I guess I'm my own worst critic. Maybe I'll be less harsh on myself with the next round of pictures I'll take arount March 25th.

And I don't know why the first before picture is not showing up now. Of course, now I can't edit it. Mad
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |