Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
thinkpeace
5% products discount

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:20 am      Reply with quote
Since performing the exercises, I've noticed that the right side of my face is thicker and tighter and higher than the left side of my face. When I smile, the right side of my mouth is higher.

I know that faces are not usually symmetrical, but this kinda surprises me. I've been doing the exercises on the left side of my face a bit more in hopes it will catch up.

Do you 'spose this is normal? Did any of you experience this?

"Feeling" the difference in the muscle thickness is surprising. Maybe this is just how it is?

Thanks!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I think nearly all faces are a bit asymetrical - have others noticed this? It may be one of those things that only you notice.

That said, I have a bit of nerve damage on the right side of my face which causes my eyebrow to droop a bit on that side when I'm tired. When I do the brow exercise in the occasionals, I do extra reps on the right side. If I were you I would add a few extra reps on the "weak" side and watch carefully for a few weeks until you "even out," then go back to your normal routine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
silver73 wrote:
Could anyone let me know how long it took for the hollows under the eyes to start improving?

Mine are not dreadful but are noticeable. The funny thing is that there is hollowing about my cheekbones but also a bit of puffiness if that makes sense?

silver73 no one else's timetable will be similar to yours so the answer to "How long did it take?" is bound to discourage you no matter what the answer. Because if someone said it took months and it doesn't take months for you, then you'll despair. Similarly, if someone says it took many years, that is also a bit discouraging because most people want results NOW! Your best bet is to just stick with the workout and maybe check with Loulou's team to make sure you are on the right track and that changes are happening as they should. Usually the pros can see what we can't.

thinkpeace wrote:
Since performing the exercises, I've noticed that the right side of my face is thicker and tighter and higher than the left side of my face. When I smile, the right side of my mouth is higher.

I know that faces are not usually symmetrical, but this kinda surprises me. I've been doing the exercises on the left side of my face a bit more in hopes it will catch up.

Do you 'spose this is normal? Did any of you experience this?

"Feeling" the difference in the muscle thickness is surprising. Maybe this is just how it is?

Thanks!

Immacolata wrote:
I think nearly all faces are a bit asymetrical - have others noticed this? It may be one of those things that only you notice.

That said, I have a bit of nerve damage on the right side of my face which causes my eyebrow to droop a bit on that side when I'm tired. When I do the brow exercise in the occasionals, I do extra reps on the right side. If I were you I would add a few extra reps on the "weak" side and watch carefully for a few weeks until you "even out," then go back to your normal routine.

I agree with Immacolata about asymmetry being common. I, however, don't believe you should overwork one side more than the other, thinkpeace. I think you risk making things worse doing this because with so many muscles being involved, you can't really pinpoint which muscles are causing the imbalance so how can you know you are targeting the right ones? I think all muscles should be worked and allowed to get to the same tone whenever they will. After all, once muscles achieve tone and firmness, there's nowhere else for them to go but maintain it and sort of wait for the ones that are lagging behind to catch up. So I believe that just sticking to the program and doing it as directed will eventually bring everything to the same level. This belief has been reinforced over the years as I saw more and more people seem to have issues when they tried to double up on an area thinking they were fixing it but only ended up making things worse.
thinkpeace
5% products discount

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both Immacolata & Nonie. I feel better about it, thanks to both your responses.

I'll consider my results that this program really works and will let the program do its thing!

Smile
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Actually, Nonie has a point about the imbalance and working one side harder than the other. You don't want to make things worse or cause new issues. In my case, it was quite easy to pinpoint the muscle - since it was my eyebrow, and adding a few extra reps solved the problem.

I think asking Lou Lou is always your best option when you're in doubt about any aspects of the program or what you've heard here...I love giving advice, but the originator of the program is the most knowledgeable authority!

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I just saw that some new members have decided to try Ageless, so I thought they might appreciate a four months update. I posted after about 6 weeks and rapported about my progress (page 115 in thie thread. I started in november; 47 years old, with no sundamage or smokers lines, but with long-time stress taking its toll on my face: early jowls, sagging brows, crows-feet, deep NL-folds and blotchy skintone. I follow Loulous programme with day 1 and day 2 exercises on alternate days, and take one day off a week. I supplement with drybrushing and tanaka massage every day.

The steady progress I rapported after 6 weeks has continued. My slight double chin has firmed; my jawline continues to improve, my NL-folds has disappeared and my cheeks are high and firm. I have stopped doing the crush-exercise, as I like the look of my hollower cheeks (I had the same hollow cheeks with pronounced cheekbones when I was in my twenties, and I have missed them). My brows are now even and lifted; my hollow eyes have filled out and my lids are firmer. My crows feet are shorter. My upper lip, that was thinning, have gained volume again. My skintone has improved greatly, and the structure of my skin is much better: the "crepe" structure has gone and the skin is smooth. I do not look perfect at all, and I do not look like a teenager either, but my teenage daughter says that I look much better, and I believe her. I certainly feel much better, and I will keep up the exercise of course. Because they help and because it is a great feeling to be able to do something to look better.

So I hope that this will encourage new members to keep exercising.
riverdance
5% products discount

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has used Carolyn's Facial Fitness program? I thought about doing Flexeffect and Ageless but am just starting out. I read horror stories about people getting too bulky in their lower face region! Also, wanted to ask why none of the creators of these programs have updated pics of themselves on their websites? Like Carole Maggio, Deb Crowley and Carolyn....The pics look quite old??
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has used Carolyn's Facial Fitness program? I thought about doing Flexeffect and Ageless but am just starting out. I read horror stories about people getting too bulky in their lower face region! Also, wanted to ask why none of the creators of these programs have updated pics of themselves on their websites? Like Carole Maggio, Deb Crowley and Carolyn....The pics look quite old??

riverdance, not sure where you're looking because I'm pretty sure newer photos of the program designers are either on their websites or posted in threads that discuss their programs. If you look up the programs on Youtube, you can see latest videos, which IMO are better that still photos of the program creators. Anyway, last year, TheresaMary contacted all the trainers and asked them for recent photos and I believe most of them responded. Here is that thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46231

Just as this is a thread for Ageless, there are threads for each of the programs you mention and yes, there are several people on the forum who do Carolyn's Facial Fitness and they share their experience in the relevant thread. At the top of this DIY part of the forum is a sticky entitled "DIY Skin Care—Recipe Index, Dermarolling, Facial Exercise". It opens a 3-post thread by Havana and the second post of that thread lists threads that discuss face exercises. You can find information on whatever program you want by going to that thread.
riverdance
5% products discount

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just reviewed the link that you sent me re: pics of all the face exercising creators and noticed that post was dated 2008! That was 5 years ago. That isn't what I would call recent. It just seems as though the creators are shot from different angles and not from the front. There isn't a clear pic of Deb Crowley on her site. She has pics of her eyes and forehead only....if she uses her program and it works, why show only part of your face? I don't understand.

Also, I have a hard time navigating this site and am just looking for honest opinions about these different programs,before spending any money on any of them!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Look again. You're looking at Theresa Mary's join date, not the date that the thread was started. That date is Thu Jun 21, 2012.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
I just reviewed the link that you sent me re: pics of all the face exercising creators and noticed that post was dated 2008! That was 5 years ago. That isn't what I would call recent. It just seems as though the creators are shot from different angles and not from the front. There isn't a clear pic of Deb Crowley on her site. She has pics of her eyes and forehead only....if she uses her program and it works, why show only part of your face? I don't understand.

Also, I have a hard time navigating this site and am just looking for honest opinions about these different programs,before spending any money on any of them!

riverdance if you read through the thread I linked to, there are more links to photos and yes, as Immacolata pointed out, that thread is less than a year old. I know the forum is not easy to navigate which is why I spelled out where to look. But I'll go a step farther and give you the link to Havana8's thread on face exercise discussions. Here it is: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902&start=2

I also suggested Youtube if you want to see true images of the instructors. A search of the programs by name or even the instructors would have led you to the program channels. Neutral

You can see Deborah Crowley on her channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3VpSOeJPc

You can see Carolyn Cleaves on her channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDJ_ud7Los

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFO1gGNt3Gg

You can see Eva Fraser on her channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcyRLKq3aZg

You can see Cynthia Rowland on her channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrMrBGYMSVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMipkDqPM8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhUhE2aXBQo

You can see Loulou on her channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvMeTRvqurE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2l706TGZc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8EJGR1wrpY

You can see Carole Maggio on her channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-25iEPj0FTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWDSvsfL6Uw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXsJxFs_Z_A

I suspect if you think of another face exercise instructor and do a search on Youtube, you will find out if they have a channel and see them "live" and not have to make do with the angular images that you find insufficient.
riverdance
5% products discount

Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Okay, Thanks Nonie and Immaculota for all the info! Will definitely check those out! Which programs do either of you use or could you recommend? Are there one's that give quicker results? I'm not overweight and never have been. I have a long thin face and have developed marionette lines and would really like to get rid of them pronto! LOL. If I push the skin by my ears or cheeks up just a tad, they're gone....does that mean I need to build up my cheeks? Just wondering if any exercises can really lift the skin? Any suggestions on which program might be best for those?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use Ageless If You Dare.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
riverdance wrote:
Okay, Thanks Nonie and Immaculota for all the info! Will definitely check those out! Which programs do either of you use or could you recommend? Are there one's that give quicker results? I'm not overweight and never have been. I have a long thin face and have developed marionette lines and would really like to get rid of them pronto! LOL. If I push the skin by my ears or cheeks up just a tad, they're gone....does that mean I need to build up my cheeks? Just wondering if any exercises can really lift the skin? Any suggestions on which program might be best for those?

riverdance I do Carolyn's Facial Fitness. I don't think there's a way to tell if one program gives faster results than another. I mean, the only way for such a test to be done would be for the same person to do each program and for a fair comparison, the person would have to be able to return his/her face back to previous starting position for each workout and then see how quickly their face responds. I think how quickly your face responds to a program depends on each person's muscle tone. The better tone it has, the quicker the results will come.

I also think it's not fair to use another person's journey to guess how long yours will be. For instance, it took me 8 months of doing CFF to see changes I wanted to see, but you have to remember, I had over 15 years of face exercises under my belt, and I started face exercises when my face had no flaws and had good tone (age 20), so thanks to muscle memory, I got faster results than someone who has never worked his/her face might.

I think you would be better running the questions of what it is you need to do to fix your face by the experts who create the face exercise programs. What you describe could be due to lax muscles hanging or due to loss of mass from aging. So toning or building respectively (or both) may be what you need but without being a trainer I wouldn't have a clue. I believe even when you contact trainers, they may need photos of you in the past and now in order to be able to assess what it is you need to do.

As to which program you should do, everyone will recommend the one they do, because if I'm not mistaken, all of the programs claim to fix marionette lines. There is no one unanimously agreed on program as being the best. Some of us used trial and error to find "the one", some of us found the right one at first try, some of us used others' experiences and results shown on the program websites as well as reviews on threads to decide, some of us found we liked some exercises in one program but not all and a few in another, so mix and match. As you can see, there is no one answer as to what will work. So your best bet is to do your research on the programs and find the one that speaks to you. Contact the program designers, ask questions, find reviews that seem to echo what you would like for yourself and if you can reach the people who do the programs, ask them questions. This forum already gives you a lot of info on the programs and you can contact the posters who share success in solving the problems you're having to learn more about their journey.

Another thing, I don't think you can spot train. While marionette lines are your concern, the muscles in that area are attached to many others and slackness in all related muscles can cause sag so a full face toning workout is your best bet. Once you decide which program is best for you, do it in its entirety for best results.
thinkpeace
5% products discount

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question I hope someone who also has a copy of the book 2 edition can answer.

The language under the Long Neck instructions reads:

"Some people are concerned that the programme includes so few exercises for the neck and add headlifts or other exercises to supplement the day two routine. The platysma is the only muscle of the neck that pulls the skin up and inwards to the jawbone. Any residual looseness of the skin will improve over time as it adjusts to the new contour of the neck. Most other exercises will simply build up the neck and developed muscles show under the prove the way the skin lies on...."

I'm wondering if this was the entire paragraph or is there something missing? Possibly the text was covered by the pictures?

Thanks!

TP
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
My book is the same; I had never noticed.

I would write to Lou Lou, not sure what she means here.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just downloaded my book last week and it's the same ... only it's on page 81.
There are large gaps there... like entire phrases are missing.

"Most exercises will simply build up the neck and ... ..veloped muscles show under the ... prove the way the skin lies on ..."

I think I saw something similar on another page, also one with a photo. I think somehow the photo/text formatting got messed up. Then again, this very page might be what caught my eye. I'd have to go through it again to see if there's another instance of this weird formatting.

Would be nice to know what was intended to be there ...

Love the book, though!
thinkpeace
5% products discount

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding emailing Steve bout the 'interrupted text' in the book, I did a month or more ago and haven't received a response.

So, maybe a response will be coming. It's interesting that there are varieties of this editing snaufu.

Thanks for your time,

TP
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Hm, I'd write again, but that's me.

To those who have started the program and are noticing changes, I just want to say, keep going! I thought that I had reached the best I could do, but I was wrong. It gets better - so keep going!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, mmmm, I sent an email to one of the "contacts": Ellen, as appears on the web page, asking about the hotspots... that was exactly on 26 Feb. Still no answer.
As Immacolata says I may try emailing again.
It's annoying... never heed how good or bad the programme may be, it's annoying to try contact the author or colleagues for answers to many doubts one may have and nothing.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I would email Steve directly, or Lou Lou.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:06 am      Reply with quote
merged from http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48352

ckharding wrote:
Hello, I'm finally posting having followed the Ageless thread for ages and lurking for far too long!

I know it's not generally a good idea to try 'tweaking' a programme but I'm curious to know whether anyone else has been tempted to do the 'nose wrinkle' exercise in the Occasional Extras section more regularly.

It feels so good to do, and when I do it I imagine it could really help pump up the cheek area right next to the nose (I'm trying to get bigger, wider, plumper cheeks generally and will try almost anything, budget allowing, to get there!)

I'm sure there's a good reason for its being a less-regular exercise - eg risk of accentuating nose to mouth lines? (Something that wouldn't bother me too much, actually!)

Sorry for the long post - didn't mean it to be!

Whatever the reason, I'd love to know... I've been doing Ageless, on and off, for around 3 years and some areas have responded well but my cheeks remain sluggish Confused

(I have to confess to doing the brow lift more frequently than advised simply because it's a hidden area I don't worry too much about, and I've had an amazing result there; the furrows have really ironed out, and the no.11s are often invisible to my eyes. I'm just far less gung-ho about my cheeks as the skin's not great there.)

Any thoughts from others would be very gratefully received!

Chiqui65 wrote:
Hi,

I just started doing Ageless, so I am far less experienced than you are.
But in her book (maybe you own it yourself?) Loulou says re this exercise:

"It’s nice to have the area nicely toned, but building it up isn’t really desirable... the muscles that make happy expressions should be stronger than this one so that the cheek curves out at the cheekbone rather than being built-up all the way across." Hth?

It is good to hear that you had success with doing the brow lift more frequently because that's what I do (I wear full bangs so you don't see my forehead lines Very Happy).

ckharding wrote:
Thanks Chiqui! That's interesting and makes perfect sense to me. I also asked Loulou and she explained that overdoing it could make the undereye area look more hollow in comparison with the built-up cheek immediately below.

I'm still working from the old download version from a few years back so had never seen the extra info you've included.

It's just been the past two months I've been doing these extra browlifts so I think the occasional ones I was doing previously may have 'primed' the area sufficiently for me to avoid more serious furrowing there... thinking of growing out the bangs now!

Apologies for not posting this in the Ageless thread as I intended. It takes years for me to post anything then I do it in the wrong place. Rolling Eyes

Welcome to the forum, ckharding. wave
silver73
5% products discount

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata would you be able to let me know what changes you got and how long it took?

I can see big improvements one side of my face already. My face has lifted and the nasolabial folds have improved. My under eye area of my right eye has improved hugely however I have yet to see any improvements under my left eye. Any suggestions?
ckharding

Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Thank you - and thanks for relocating the post!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
ckharding,
Hi, and welcome!
Really interested in your experience with the brow lift ex. How often -days a week, reps.- do you do it? For how long? When did you see results? Sorry for lots of questions. Smile
TIA, A.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |