Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jundem

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Does ageless if you dare have good exercise for getting rid of frown lines and 11's
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Not really. There is a brow exercise in the occasional exercises, but that's it.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sorry if this has been asked before, new to this forum.

Reading thru old post see mention of a 30 day system. Don't find this available on the "Ageless If You Dare" website - has this been discontinued.

Also does her exercises cover drooping corners of the mouth which causes the marionette lines.

Tks Smile
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Derby,
Thanks for your interest... We called a halt to 30 day because it's for people who have the programme, and we thought it was a bit confusing. Using the original programme is fine, but If you email us, or drop steve a pm he'll be happy to provide you with a 30 day programme at an affordable price.

30 day is a good way to use Ageless because it's specific about what you need to do each day, and I hope it gives some useful advice and information to keep you at it. It's worth sticking to Ageless, although as the guys here have said, the most dramatic changes may happen over time

All best, Ll :-*

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and marionette lines, you bet! The Ageless programme concentrates on lifting the face up and out (like a facelift) marionette lines are just caused by some sagging flesh that you can most definitely pull up!
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Oh, and marionette lines, you bet! The Ageless programme concentrates on lifting the face up and out (like a facelift) marionette lines are just caused by some sagging flesh that you can most definitely pull up!
Smile

Amen Girl!

Got admit... you know your stuff!

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Smile

Tks for reply, these lines are extending from the corners of the mouth, which I thought were marionette lines.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi again,

You can pull the marionette lines out as part of the general lifting of the face. It all kinda slides down, if you imagine a thick piece of cloth hanging down from your cheekbones, then imagine it being caught up at the mouth corners the folds you can see are the skin draping from the corners of the mouth. If the cloth is pulled back up the drape vanishes.

Deb Crowley, thank you very much for your post. Your programme is the One True Facialbuilding programme, no matter what claims other programmes make. Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
jundem wrote:
Does ageless if you dare have good exercise for getting rid of frown lines and 11's

I can't answer that (though I do Ageless), but my way of preventing them is to be really aware of my expressions and avoid frowning. If I need to raise my eyebrows, I do it lifting the whole scalp. This takes a little practice, but is very worthwhile. It's basically what botox does, without the cost: just let those frowning muscles atrophy through underuse.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
The Ageless 3rd edition, available as a download (probably) later today on lulu.com, has alternative ways of addressing the brow. Needl is on the right track about relaxing the brow, but the new edition has alternative methods of challenging it without the medium-term wrinkling characteristic of a serious contraction of the muscles.
People who already have Ageless can contact steve at sroyce65@yahoo.com and get a fairly substantial discount.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Loulou. Just to mention clarify: the Tom Hagarty method does not even temporarily wrinkle the brow. I wouldn't do that - too vain Very Happy
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
Thanks Loulou. Just to ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ clarify: the Tom Hagarty method does ̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ temporarily wrinkle the brow. I wouldn't do that - too vain Very Happy

I fixed that for you.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
My version/understanding of his method does not even temporarily wrinkle the brow. But I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong. Doesn't matter.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
My version/understanding of his method does not even temporarily wrinkle the brow. But I'm sure you're right and I'm wrong. Doesn't matter.

Oh OK, I get you now. You understand it as not wrinkling the brow. That is true if you don't do the whole scalp exercise as Tom directs but only do the Occipitalis part of it. The first part of the scalp exercise in Tom's program involves raising eyebrows and that does wrinkle the forehead temporarily. See Tom's second paragraph (I've fixed the link):

http://www.shapeyourface.com/syfbb/viewtopic.php?p=337#p337

Tom does say the Frontalis part of the exercises is not necessary or can be added later so if someone doesn't want to do it to avoid creating even temporary wrinkles, s/he don't need to.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:52 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
<snip>Your programme is the One True Facialbuilding programme, no matter what claims other programmes make. Cool

^^ Personal opinion, not fact!

Not denigrating FE or you but how many other programs have you actually done? Several of us have done more than LouLou and FE and know that there are many many ways to get results, not just one. Different programs work differently for different people, or some are just explained better for the learning impaired amongst us!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I do raise the frontalis simultaneously, exercising it while avoiding wrinkles, but let's not discuss it further (including all those private messages) on this point. We'll have to agree to disagree. On what I do and you think I do. In my home, on my face, which you've never seen.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
I do raise the frontalis simultaneously

Question Think

Quote:
, exercising it while avoiding wrinkles, but let's not discuss it further (including all those private messages) on this point.

Silenced

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Quote:
On what I do and you think I do. In my home, on my face, which you've never seen.

With all due respect, I don't have to have seen your face to join in a discussion and to address something you posted on a public forum. Nothing in our discussion required me to have seen your face so again, you lost me with that one. You posted something that was incorrect and confusing as it appeared contradictory to me. I PMed you to try to understand but it seemed you were not getting what I was asking so I decided to show you what I thought you meant by editing your post so you could see my POV. You then explained what you meant finally!!! and NOW your original post made sense to me, hence the reason I wrote "Oh OK, I get you now" ignoring your unnecessary sarcasm.

So I beg your pardon but I have no idea why you got you knickers in a bunch. I just did not understand your POV and wanted clarification so I could follow the discussion. Then after I got where you were coming from, I thought I would share why I was confused by pointing out that there is temporary wrinkling in Tom's exercise thinking that because you are part of a discussion, perhaps you cared to know where *I* was coming from. Oy vey!

Anyway, sorry Ageless folks for this distraction. Nice to see there's an added exercise or exercises to address the 11's.

BTW, if anyone wants to know what is wrong with doing what I have highlighted in boldface, PM me or visit Tom's forum to see what he says about that.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
You are making this look like my fuss, when you're the one who has been messaging me privately, telling me I'm somehow wrong!

I would really appreciate it if you no longer send private messages to me, thank you.
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
You are making this look like my fuss, when you're the one who has been messaging me privately, telling me I'm somehow wrong!

I would really appreciate it if you no longer send private messages to me, thank you.

I quit sending PMs to you when I realized it was futile and then posted what I was trying to tell you, so I don't know why you're still talking about them.

And quit making it sound as if I was wagging a finger at you and admonishing you in my PMs. If there is one thing everyone knows about Nonie is I will post evidence in a heartbeat. My PMs to you were simply trying to understand you. I was asking what you meant. And then you answered telling me what the exercise does. I then asked (Font in blue is from MY PMs to you):

Quote:
So are you saying that's a bad thing or a good thing? On the one hand you say that the exercise does NOT temporarily wrinkle the brow...then on the other hand you say you are too vain for that. So are you saying that you prefer to wrinkle the brow because of vanity or did you mean to write something else?

Your response talked about Tom explains it better to which I wrote:

Quote:
I know what Tom says. I do the program remember. I'm just pointing out that you contradicted yourself. You wrote:

[I quoted your post here highlighting in red the line where you said there is not even wrinkling in Tom's exercise; then below that quote I wrote]

Which first of all is wrong because it DOES wrinkle the brow. You said it does not. And so I was saying following your first sentence that IT DOES NOT, then your next person [I meant to say line not person] that you wouldn't person [that word "person" should not have been there] want that out of vanity makes no sense.

In other words you meant to write

Quote:
Thanks Loulou. Just to mention clarify: the Tom Hagarty method does ̶n̶o̶t̶ even temporarily wrinkle the brow. I wouldn't do that - too vain Very Happy

BTW I am so comfortable wrinkling my brow and frowning. And my forehead looks fine (I shared images on Tom's forum of myself doing both). I think flexibility of the skin and facial muscles comes from being able to contract and stretch the muscles...working them in only one way I don't think keeps skin elastic. JMHO

After that PM, your response was so odd that it was clear we were not on the same page. I was writing to you as I would write to a friend and was not being funny at all. I have previously sent you a similar PM but then realized what you meant and told you I stood corrected and all was well so I have no idea what brought this apparent irritability on.

For the record, I meant no harm and I'm sorry to have bothered you.

And I'm DONE!
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Good.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
<snip>Your programme is the One True Facialbuilding programme, no matter what claims other programmes make. Cool

^^ Personal opinion, not fact!

Not denigrating FE or you but how many other programs have you actually done? Several of us have done more than LouLou and FE and know that there are many many ways to get results, not just one. Different programs work differently for different people, or some are just explained better for the learning impaired amongst us!

Hi Fawnie!

I should clarify... I am loulou Laughing

My post was referring to the term 'facialbuilding, which Deb has patented, I think. My programme lifts the face by tightening the ropes that pull the face up, reversing the downward slide that gives you jowls, nasal folds and flat cheeks, and then separate exercises for eyes and a bit for brow. Flexeffect has a volume of work that will eventually build the facial muscles.

Of course people now adapt the word to say 'face building' or some such label.If someone is interested in Facialbuilding, Flexeffect is the original,and the best programme. It's misleading that this term is used for programmes that aren't Facialbuilding at all, so the distinctive nature of Flexeffect isn't clear to people.

Ll

5% products discount

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

Just reporting back that after 9 months I am delighted with the results I am getting with Ageless.

I want to lose about 2 stone and am now terrified that I will undo all the good work. Any tips on how to lose weight without causing problems with the face.

I was thinking along the lines of losing 2 lbs a week and continuing with Ageless. I have also bought the Ageless Hotspots but not started it yet and not sure if this would be a better program to do with weight loss.

Any advice? Unfortunately, I do have to lose weight not just tone up. In my job I walk all day and will be doing Callanetics.

Thanks everyone xx
Tyger
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:07 am      Reply with quote
silver73 wrote:
Hi everyone

Just reporting back that after 9 months I am delighted with the results I am getting with Ageless.

I want to lose about 2 stone and am now terrified that I will undo all the good work. Any tips on how to lose weight without causing problems with the face.

I was thinking along the lines of losing 2 lbs a week and continuing with Ageless. I have also bought the Ageless Hotspots but not started it yet and not sure if this would be a better program to do with weight loss.

Any advice? Unfortunately, I do have to lose weight not just tone up. In my job I walk all day and will be doing Callanetics.

Thanks everyone xx

I would say if you are post-menopause, the slower the better. When I lost about 1.5 stone in my late 50s, mostly by diet, I aimed for 1 - 1.5 lbs per week max, as I wanted to give my skin (body and face) a chance to catch up. Once I got within my goal weight, my face looked too thin, so I started putting some weight back on to try and get a better balance - increasingly challenging with age! I now concentrate on exercise - aerobics, weight training, facial exercises (Ageless Smile + some extras from other programmes) and some Callanetics Smile exercises when I have time - and having a healthy diet but NOT dieting.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Heya

I don't know the precise answer to your question, so I'm relieved that Tyger has actually come up with a formula! It does sound sensible to do this little by little approach, but my experience has been that the skin adapts even to rapid weight loss eventually. The Tyger method, however, will keep you looking good as you go, which in my book is miles better than enduring periods of distressing side-effects to achieve the same result.

Both routes seem to take the same amount of time, but rest assured that your skin will adapt to your new weight. There's no need to worry if you're encouraging your skin to gather elasticity and thickness.

Take heart and rest assured that your face will catch up Smile

Ll Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:22 am      Reply with quote
The Tyger method Laughing - just to clarify, I did reduce my food intake to get my initial weight loss (again my own method Laughing ) but then began eating more to fatten my too-slim face (classic figure or face dilemma). After introducing more exercise, as previously detailed, I have stopped any notion of 'dieting'.

I agree that skin can catch up over time but, as otherloulou said, if choosing fast weight loss, it is dealing with how you look during that time before it adjusts - I couldn't deal with it.

Just my experience, for what it's worth (I'm early 60s now).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |