Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
At any rate, we no longer need to decide between face and figure! Laughing

How cool is it To know how to deal with your face and have it looking fit and healthy forever? Relax and enjoy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Forever, for a few years anyway! Very Happy
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi can I just stand up and shout for this program. I have not always been a fan... I was about to give up face excercises for good lbecause I couldnt see any change in my eye sockets or jowlskept going and then someone at work asked me why I look so good. I look in the mirror and at some old photo's of me and ohmigod there's a definite changedir the better. I'm nowhere near where I want be yet bit I am going the right way. I had to give up my skin care pampering stuff that I loved to use every nighbecause it cost too much but I can honestly see a good change even without it which makes it easier to miss out on my ritual. Would still love to get the eds voucher tho Very Happy

Prima Baa Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Crikey I'm confused!

What were you not always a fan of? Question Smile
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Um thought I was forwarding steve a PM.
Sorry forum, and very sorry to Prima.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh no! Now it makes sense. I couldn't figure out what on earth you meant!

I should have said hello, too, before asking the question. So rude of me! It's good to "see" you Lou. You have always been (and still are) such a kind and considerate person. And you look gorgeous and fabulous in your latest photos!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi pretty Pea,

Thank you for your lovely message, I've missed my daily contact with your beauty, charm and warmth, it's so great to see you here xxxxx

Loulou

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say Thank you to LouLou & Steve at Ageless. I purchased a download of the program 4 years ago and did the exercises for a while and gave up. My computer crashed & I lost the download. I emailed them late last night after reading all of the positive threads on the exercises - eager to get back at it. Got a reply & new download link within minutes. I was sooo impressed and am excited to continue where I left off. Very Happy

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I've been wrapped up in mundane things and haven't been doing much of anything fun. I've been slacking on all my routines except for Ageless - it's so easy and fast that there is absolutely no excuse not to do it!

I can relate to the weight loss/aging thing - I lost a lot of weight and while I love my body, I do wish I could regain some of the fat that I had in my face. I did gain about 6 pounds recently but in my belly, dammit. Just as well since it was gone as quickly as it came.

Hard for me to gain weight and easy to lose - once I would have been delighted for that...

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I've downloaded the book and video. After reading the book, somehow I guess, I missed how many repetitions of each exercise to do. Could you guys just quickly tell me, I have not printed the book yet and it will take me long time to look through it again. So, the question is, how many repetitions of each exercise to do for optimal result but not to overdo them. Thanks!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 am      Reply with quote
20 reps on Days one and two, and the occasionals are 10 reps.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for telling me. I do not know know how I missed that. Now I can start full speed!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I think you're going to be thrilled when you experience the lift in your cheeks and face. And it's a wonderful feeling when your friends and acquaintances start telling you that you look fabulous!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Hello everyone! I've been wrapped up in mundane things and haven't been doing much of anything fun. I've been slacking on all my routines except for Ageless - it's so easy and fast that there is absolutely no excuse not to do it!

I can relate to the weight loss/aging thing - I lost a lot of weight and while I love my body, I do wish I could regain some of the fat that I had in my face. I did gain about 6 pounds recently but in my belly, dammit. Just as well since it was gone as quickly as it came.

Hard for me to gain weight and easy to lose - once I would have been delighted for that...

Hi Immacolata,

Actually, through your training with Ageless, you can and WILL replace some of the facial fat you've lost... just through normal ageing.

Subcutaneous tissue consists of:

Fibrous bands..anchoring the skin to deeper layers.
Collagen and elastin fibers attaching it to the dermis
Fat ...except in the eyelids.

Through your training you increase Collagen, Elastin AND Subcutaneous Fat. The fat is NEEDED as a cushion (the body knows just what to do.) You can't have one without the other. So, train on! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks Deb! That is good to know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Immacolata wrote:

Hi Immacolata,

Actually, through your training with Ageless, you can and WILL replace some of the facial fat you've lost... just through normal ageing.

Subcutaneous tissue consists of:

Fibrous bands..anchoring the skin to deeper layers.
Collagen and elastin fibers attaching it to the dermis
Fat ...except in the eyelids.

Through your training you increase Collagen, Elastin AND Subcutaneous Fat. The fat is NEEDED as a cushion (the body knows just what to do.) You can't have one without the other. So, train on! Very Happy

That has been my experience: that the whole area (not just muscle) seems to beef up. Though I can't say like it feels like I've gained much fat (unfortunately...don't I wish!), but definitely the connective tissue feels thicker and the area is fuller.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've covered a little more on the subject. Go to this link: http://flexeffect.proboards.com click Facialbuilding then click 'Loss of Facial Fat' I so wish I could find the write-up I found years ago...so much more info... but you'll get the idea Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, everyone! I posted the following in a different thread (Deb's photos thread) and thought it was an interesting read about fat loss and muscle building/spot reducing:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/spot_reduction_is_real_heres_how_to_do_it

After I read the article, I was thinking that maybe it would still be safe to do facial exercises if I exercised after a meal, when the fat protective insulin was in my blood stream (Additional reading I have done lately shows insulin peaks about 45 mins after start of a meal). And leave ab wkouts and cardio for in the morning, during fasting. (this would mean no more laying in bed and facial exercising in the morning)

Deb commented on my article on her FlexEffect forum, and I stopped over there to read the thread. I had no idea I could participate in the FlexEffect forum since I do not own the program, BUT I realized it is an open forum! And there is a ton of great information there on facial exercising!

I follow the Ageless program right now, and much to my surprise there is a thread for Ageless users at the Flex Effect board. Here is the link

http://flexeffect.proboards.com/thread/5191/welcome-ageless

Maybe I will see you there!

-Jen

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Beehive wrote:
Well, it's been about a year and a half since I started Ageless, and I think I'm finally seeing some results. They are subtle for sure, but I'm noticing that the bit of jowling I was starting to have looks better. The weird thing is that I can't really see improvements in my photos, but in the mirror, there is something good happening. Yay, Ageless! However, I still have terrible undereye hollows and hooded eyes - no real change. But lower face improvements ain't nothing, so I'm going to keep going. Smile

So you're saying it took you a whole year and a half to see results? That's kind of a long time, isnt it?

Do most people have to wait over a year to see any results?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jen

I don’t know if you read any of the stuff by Teresa Tapp of T-tapp but she’s got a wealth of information and has shown that spot reduction is possible despite what the many experts try to convince us about.

With facial exercises and exercising after a meal, I have a lot of experience with this and particularly focus on both sugar and insulin (with being a diabetic it has always a place of interest to me) and what I have found is that some people differ greatly from what the books say about exercising at particular times with insulin peaks etc. For one, I don’t think of insulin as being fat protective, because that assumes quite a bit about the person and I’ve sadly found that often times those assumptions can be incorrect. For one when insulin does peak, whether it is due to the natural cycle of a person’s body chemistry or as a result of stimulus by the body to some sugary foods that have been consumed, the insulin peak is short lived, but does spark of a chain of events as a result to that.

The idea of exercising on an empty stomach and first thing in the morning is the belief that the body will use whatever resources it has available as fuel to sustain the efforts of the body and so will burn up the fat supplies it has as a fuel source. Now there is some truth to it, but you got to do a lot of digging as at first glance it seems uniform and then you can find a wide variety of suggestions showing that there is a lot of discrepancies there too. Also not everybody’s insulin production peaks at the same time or rates, some have been found to have gradual rising, whilst others have dramatic and high rises (which is then followed by crashing down) and so its really about balance.

I have at times done both facial exercises before eating, and after and several hours after and not really noticed major benefits to either that outway the rest, but I have had clients who have done before eating (as in first thing in the morning) and reported dramatic results, and also had clients who do it before bed too. What I have noticed about those clients is that they had very good body knowledge already of what worked for them well, and their diets were pretty much above standard in that it was nutrient dense. So I’m often tempted to say its about balance in all areas.

Sean
jenp7 wrote:
Hello, everyone! I posted the following in a different thread (Deb's photos thread) and thought it was an interesting read about fat loss and muscle building/spot reducing:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/spot_reduction_is_real_heres_how_to_do_it

After I read the article, I was thinking that maybe it would still be safe to do facial exercises if I exercised after a meal, when the fat protective insulin was in my blood stream (Additional reading I have done lately shows insulin peaks about 45 mins after start of a meal). And leave ab wkouts and cardio for in the morning, during fasting. (this would mean no more laying in bed and facial exercising in the morning)

Deb commented on my article on her FlexEffect forum, and I stopped over there to read the thread. I had no idea I could participate in the FlexEffect forum since I do not own the program, BUT I realized it is an open forum! And there is a ton of great information there on facial exercising!

I follow the Ageless program right now, and much to my surprise there is a thread for Ageless users at the Flex Effect board. Here is the link

http://flexeffect.proboards.com/thread/5191/welcome-ageless

Maybe I will see you there!

-Jen

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:14 am      Reply with quote
With facial exercises its really about working with your body. Most people will see results within a few weeks of beginning any program (things like increase in skin thickness etc) but these are far from the finished product. Also some muscles are very responsive and some are less so, and it takes time and working out to wake them all up and get them respnding and growing stronger, so often times when I’m teaching people I advise them to give their training at least a year so they have a good grounding but also will have seen a wide range of changes. Sometimes the changes can be so subtle that you don’t notice them because you view your own face so regularly each day, but when you compare photographs and see visible differences its highly motivating. Usually changes start out with being a feeling (you feel an increase in skin thickness) and then visible results start showing up, which sometimes will show in photos and sometimes don’t. Each person is unique and will respond at different times and in different ways but after a year most people generally find their muscles responsive and have seen what is possible with them.

So although I can’t answer for Beehive, depending on where she was starting from, the condition of her skin, what her issues were and genetics, lifestyle and diet etc (which all play a role) it may be that she has seen the results she was hoping for after a year and a half simply because she needed that amount of time and training under her belt. Also its again not to suggest that Beehive won't get further results - she may very well get several more pleasant changes showing up as time progresses too.

bellabambiiina wrote:
Beehive wrote:
Well, it's been about a year and a half since I started Ageless, and I think I'm finally seeing some results. They are subtle for sure, but I'm noticing that the bit of jowling I was starting to have looks better. The weird thing is that I can't really see improvements in my photos, but in the mirror, there is something good happening. Yay, Ageless! However, I still have terrible undereye hollows and hooded eyes - no real change. But lower face improvements ain't nothing, so I'm going to keep going. Smile

So you're saying it took you a whole year and a half to see results? That's kind of a long time, isnt it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:57 am      Reply with quote
bellabambiiina wrote:

Everyone is different, but I don't think so. I saw results in the first 3 weeks, and continued to improve. I dived right in and did the entire program 3 times a week. However, I saw my best results several months in. So it may be that she just didn't notice the small changes that occurred. My biggest challenge were my cheeks - everything was going south in a hurry. Ageless is AWESOME for cheeks, so I saw joy in a short time.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bellabambiiina,
There might have been positive changes before I noticed - maybe I'm not all that observant! I'm taking pictures with my webcam with is kind of shoddy, so it's possible positive changes were happening before, but I can't tell. But, all in all, my results are very subtle. I wish I were one of those super responders, but I guess it comes down to mostly genetics, facial structure and age. I have hollowing under eyes from loss of fat due to aging - but also have prominent cheeks with good forward projection. But the two combined make me look older - probably because it makes the hollowing look more severe. I hope I can lift up the lower face more with time - because nothing say aging quite like jowls!

bellabambiiina wrote:
Beehive wrote:

bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Beehive wrote:
Hi Bellabambiiina,
There might have been positive changes before I noticed - maybe I'm not all that observant! I'm taking pictures with my webcam with is kind of shoddy, so it's possible positive changes were happening before, but I can't tell. But, all in all, my results are very subtle. I wish I were one of those super responders, but I guess it comes down to mostly genetics, facial structure and age. I have hollowing under eyes from loss of fat due to aging - but also have prominent cheeks with good forward projection. But the two combined make me look older - probably because it makes the hollowing look more severe. I hope I can lift up the lower face more with time - because nothing say aging quite like jowls!

bellabambiiina wrote:
Beehive wrote:

i guess what I take away from this is that different people respond differently to facial exercise so it's not a one size fits all prescription whatsoever. I commend you for sticking to it that long.
Beehive
5% products discount

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've probably only stuck to it because it takes 5 minutes and something I do while watching tv. It's not a huge time commitment.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |