Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
The book is very well written but I still have a hard time figuring out how to do the exercises. I hope the video will be helpful but first I have to get her to email it to me. I've contacted her via email but she doesn't respond. Well... holidays and all and trying to keep up with all the new orders from the girls at EDS Cool

Yes, I'm sure she's as busy as everyone else with holiday things, and I know she's been fielding a ton of requests about the download, the video, etc. Bear in mind that she's in the UK, too, she's on a completely different schedule than those of us in the US and elsewhere. Try to hang in there, she'll get to you as soon as she can Smile
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Lowbrow!! Very Happy I know you're right!! It's just so hard to be patient!!! Brick wall I mean...look at her! She's turned into her daughter or something!!!!! Shock Very Happy I want me some of that!!
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
hi loulou

your book sounds great and you have had fantastic results but i am a bit confused as to which is best for face building.

i have been doing flexeffect for about a year and remember you from the flexeffect forum and the pictures you have on your book cover are the same pics you posted on the forum, so i am not sure if your results are from flexeffect or from your own exercises?

i am getting good results with flexeffect and would like to know if doing your exercises will add anything extra or if they are just a way of doing facial exercises in a time saving way

i am mainly concerned with building up my face as its thin so do your exercises do this even though they take much less time or are they better for lifting and toning but the flexeffect is better for building as they are more comprehensive? thanks

elena
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:

the pictures you have on your book cover are the same pics you posted on the forum, so i am not sure if your results are from flexeffect or from your own exercises?

I would LOVE to see pictures of people whose long-term improvement is solely from the Ageless program.
Bethany's short-term before and afters on this thread were very impressive and motivating indeed!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
ellie213 wrote:

the pictures you have on your book cover are the same pics you posted on the forum, so i am not sure if your results are from flexeffect or from your own exercises?

I would LOVE to see pictures of people whose long-term improvement is solely from the Ageless program.
Bethany's short-term before and afters on this thread were very impressive and motivating indeed!

Other people are welcome to share pics too as things progress...Put one of those black bars over your eyes if you want! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Hi, Lowbrow!! Very Happy I know you're right!! It's just so hard to be patient!!! Brick wall I mean...look at her! She's turned into her daughter or something!!!!! Shock Very Happy I want me some of that!!

Haha.. I so know what you mean! It was her before and after pics that actually sold me on Flex Effect, which I did semi faithfully until this fall, when I just got SO overwhelmed with a busy schedule that I lost momentum.

I'm quite overjoyed to know that I can get notable results with Ageless in under 10 minutes a day Very Happy
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
ellie213 wrote:
i am mainly concerned with building up my face as its thin so do your exercises do this even though they take much less time or are they better for lifting and toning but the flexeffect is better for building as they are more comprehensive? thanks

elena

Hey there elena,

Ageless is just as good, for actually building the face, as Flex Effect.

Loulou's system just uses a different strategy, with regards to the exercise routine and timing, and she offers a different way to actually do the exercises.

There are a few of us here who own both programs, including me, and I definitely prefer Loulou's system. The muscles she focuses on are the specific muscles that will benefit from being built, and she reserves the rest for occasional routines just to keep them firm. This gives you the same, or (in my opinion) better results in way less time .

Others may have different opinions, of course, but for me, Ageless was a very good investment.

Hope that helps a little Smile

Edited to add: I don't mean to disparage or criticize Flex Effect in any way, I hope I'm not coming across that way. I really like what FE did for my face, and I see the Ageless routine as an improvement on FE.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
ellie213 wrote:

elena

Hey there elena,

Ageless is just as good, for actually building the face, as Flex Effect.

Loulou's system just uses a different strategy, with regards to the exercise routine and timing, and she offers a different way to actually do the exercises.

There are a few of us here who own both programs, including me, and I definitely prefer Loulou's system. The muscles she focuses on are the specific muscles that will benefit from being built, and she reserves the rest for occasional routines just to keep them firm. This gives you the same, or (in my opinion) better results in way less time .

Others may have different opinions, of course, but for me, Ageless was a very good investment.

Hope that helps a little Smile

Edited to add: I don't mean to disparage or criticize Flex Effect in any way, I hope I'm not coming across that way. I really like what FE did for my face, and I see the Ageless routine as an improvement on FE.

I have to agree with Low...I own both programs, and found the time commitment on Flex Effect to be far too much for me. But everyone can find 5 mins a day to do the facial exercises...even if you have to do one everytime you go to the bathroom!

Flex Effect is indeed more comprehensive, and works all kinds of little muscles. But Ageless concentrates on the muscles that pull the skin up and out across the face to avoid the sag, and you see results quickly. Plus, her program allows your muscles time to rest and repair....something Flex Effect does not do, often resulting in a tired look.

If I can achieve an improved look with Ageless, spend less time doing it, and avoid the "tired look" and "overbuilding" issues, I'll stick with the Ageless program. However, should I find somewhere down the road that other things are sagging that Ageless does not address, I will definitely pull the Flex Effect book back out. But as I have stated before, Ageless is the best $10 purchase I made in 2008, without a doubt.

BTW, LouLou's video shows her face looking even better than in her Flex Effect pics, so the change to her own program is obviously working for her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
....Patiently waiting for the video! Can't wait to see the "ageless" lou lou. and to see if I'm doing the exercises correctly...

I am still doing FE but only twice a week now and Ageless 3X.
Her book makes wonderful sense. It is very down'to-earth, grass roots.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to report that, after just four sessions (daily), my NL trenches are flattening out. I'm amazed by this. If anyone had told me I could reduce the appearance of NL folds through facial exercise, I would have Laughing myself silly. VERY interesting program! Thanks LouLou...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
....Patiently waiting for the video! Can't wait to see the "ageless" lou lou. and to see if I'm doing the exercises correctly...

I am still doing FE but only twice a week now and Ageless 3X.
Her book makes wonderful sense. It is very down'to-earth, grass roots.

Wait till you see her Sis. I never saw such gorgeous cheeks.. It looks like she's stashing walnuts in there for the winter... Laughing

The video totally cleared up for me, any of the exercises I wasn't sure about. After watching it through, I then went through it again, with the book beside me, and did a complete run through of all the day 1 + 2 exercises.. I just paused between each exercise, so I could do all the reps...

I have to admit, it was a very effective workout, ridiculously easy (now that I had the visual) and I was really impressed..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Mishey wrote:

It says I have access to the download but when I try and click the orange button I only get a blank white screen and nothing comes up on it. I emailed Lou yesterday but have no reply as yet. And I'm now getting very impatient, as I bought it last week and have been waiting for what seems like ages to get my hands on it.

Mishey, try going back to the download page, and before you click the orange button, press (and continue holding) your "ctrl" and "alt" keys. After a short while a window will open, asking you to save or open the file. Choose to save it, pick a location you'll remember and change the file name to something you'll recognize and click "save".

Let us know if this works for you!

Hopefully this will help some of the others, too, having the same or similar problems.

Thanks for that Lowbrow, but unfortunately pressing the alt and ctrl keys didn't open anything up at all???
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Mishey wrote:

It says I have access to the download but when I try and click the orange button I only get a blank white screen and nothing comes up on it. I emailed Lou yesterday but have no reply as yet. And I'm now getting very impatient, as I bought it last week and have been waiting for what seems like ages to get my hands on it.

Mishey, try going back to the download page, and before you click the orange button, press (and continue holding) your "ctrl" and "alt" keys. After a short while a window will open, asking you to save or open the file. Choose to save it, pick a location you'll remember and change the file name to something you'll recognize and click "save".

Let us know if this works for you!

Hopefully this will help some of the others, too, having the same or similar problems.

Thanks for that Lowbrow, but unfortunately pressing the alt and ctrl keys didn't open anything up at all???

I'm sorry! I wasn't very clear...

Press (and hold) those keys, then click the download button, while still holding the keys - a window should open up with the options to open or save the file. When the window opens, then you can stop pressing the keys. Next, just click the "save" button, and change the file name and storage location (if you wish).

This worked for me on my Windows XP system, it may be slightly different on Vista, or Linux, Mac, or other operating systems. (But it should at least be similar on any Windows system)

I hope that's a little more clear... I have an unwanted talent sometimes for ambiguity Silenced
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry, everyone... been offline for 3 days, AOL were telling me it will take a week to sort out the fault on my line and it turns out it's just my cable. Rolling Eyes

Even the internet cafe in town had closed down, so I've had no chance to read any mail or any posts, but off to respond to email right away, then will check back here. I'm so sorry if anyone has been needing help.

((((hugs))

LL

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrow...

Yes, it does really suck!! ha ha..It is a total wake up call when it happens that suddenly.

...but, as far as the financial aspect of fillers goes for myself, at that time in my life I was so down in the dumps about my appearance and what was happening in my life. That one shot really turned everything around for me...kind of like a domino effect. I felt better about my appearance, therefore everything else positive just started to snowball from there. Things are much better these days & I must say and it was the best $500 I ever spent for what it has done, not really so much the physical appearance part which is very nice, but mostly for the mental aspect of it and the positive changes I have seen in myself. I really don't want to spend $500 every 6-12 months to shoot something in my NL's..If nothing else worked, then yes I would do it....But I would really like something more permanent which is why I am going with the Stim and the Ageless....I too am cautiously optimistic about it all, so that if something really great happens I will be pleasantly surprised and not too disappointed if something doesn't.
So tomorrow is ordering day!!! I am so excited to start exercising the face! Never though I would be excited about having to exercise!!Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bren, I too have NL folds...caused by a very small upper jaw. I've had them since birth. Since the development of fillers, I've been so much more confident in my appearance and my self. I have had Resty or Perlane put in them for four years, and recently switched to Radiesse, on a friend's recommendation. It's been amazing for me. The plumping action has actually increased over the past couple of months. This, combined with the Ageless flattening exercises (which take about five minutes), are really making a huge difference. Today is Day 5 and I'm sure I'll be looking flatter still by the end of the week Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
Checking in after just two days of training - yes, I see a difference! I officially have a cold now, not feeling my best, but my face looks perkier! Hard to define, though. My NL lines, which are pretty faint anyway, are very faint now. The slight bagginess under my eyes looks better, flatter, this morning. I should mention that the undereye bagginess has always been a problem for me, even as a kid. No allergies or anything, just a family trait. My son seems to have escaped it, but most of the little kids in our family have them. Maybe I should have them doing the exercises too!

I think the cheek muscles exercises are what have made my face look perkier.

I have a question for you, otherloulou, about jowliness. That area is my biggest concern right now. Will the neck exercise help that area the most? I realize that everything will help, overall, but which exercise specifically addresses that area? Marionette lines, I think they're called - lines from the corners of my mouth down to my jaw on either side of my chin. Sad And then a really unattractive "pouchy-ness" to go along with it. Yuck!

Hi Zephyr,

I think jowliness is part of the natural downward shift of the face as a whole... if you lift and tighten the cheeks, you'll be amazed how much flesh goes up with it. As you've already spotted, Exercise 7 is also really good for the jawline

And you had me laughing with your description of your face, but please try to think of it as lovely and unique....honestly, thinking of it as nice just lets you automatically hold it in a happier way. It's a virtuous cycle!

(((((hugs)) and thanks so much for your good feedback

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
LouLou - A quick question for you! I am 44 and probably about 10 years ago, I started noticing crinkles (I prefer that term over 'wrinkles' - sounds almost endearing!) right between my eyes. I guess the area is called the bridge of my nose? Anyway, they are horizontal lines and are not the vertical '11's' that so many people mention (those are a bit above where I am describing).
Which of your exercises would improve that area? Do you have any recommendations otherwise to improve that area? I find myself trying to stretch out the lines by raising my eyebrows but then that move causes lines on my forehead. Can't win! Thanks for any ideas that you have!

Hi Brenpatsa,

Yes, crinkles sound really cute!

Horizontal lines between the brows is to do with the procerus, which wrinkles the nose, and that must be why Beth's doc calls them bunny lines. The occasional exercise for the central forehead (alternative 2) directly targets the procerus, and alternative 1 ('lift brow') will help keep the forehead as a whole firm and the brows a little higher. Unfortunately though these muscles do retain their contracted shape after you use them, so exercising them a lot will make them look more crinkled before they get flatter, which is why it's usually good to target them occasionally rather than full-on, but the muscle should flatten over time.

Periodically you can try to move your ears, that's another good way of smoothing out the forehead.

(((((hugs))

LL Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just watched the video. It's very informative and I was doing a couple of the exercises weirdly (but still seeing an effect). Oh to look like that!!!!!!! Thanks again LouLou. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
...honestly, thinking of it as nice just lets you automatically hold it in a happier way. It's a virtuous cycle!

Virtuous cycle! That's good, LouLou!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lowbrow, well that didn't work for me either. And I also have XP. Loulou's emailed me now so she's trying to help me with it.
Thanks for trying. Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I got the video! Yay. You're right Kass - Lou Lou looks amazing! I'm aiming for cheeks like that! They are Killer Wink And she tells me no makeup, no fuss... Just the natural good looks - like a 28 year old should Laughing ....
It's inspiring - so much so I did all 10 today. I put in a good five - six months of faithful FE and this is a blessing.

Kassy_A wrote:

Wait till you see her Sis. I never saw such gorgeous cheeks.. It looks like she's stashing walnuts in there for the winter... Laughing

The video totally cleared up for me, any of the exercises I wasn't sure about. After watching it through, I then went through it again, with the book beside me, and did a complete run through of all the day 1 + 2 exercises.. I just paused between each exercise, so I could do all the reps...

I have to admit, it was a very effective workout, ridiculously easy (now that I had the visual) and I was really impressed..
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I actually find the exercises quite relaxing...even though I squeeze hard enough that my hands start hurting! Embarassed

But I think the shortness of the exercise period is what makes it relaxing instead of something to dread. It's over before you know it, and there is no sweating or agony involved. Now that's my kind of exercise! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, otherloulou, for your advice about my jowliness. I've been running all day and it was so nice to come in and sit at the computer and see your answer for me. I will do the cheek exercises with special diligence and attention!

Sorry to hear about your computer cable problems and hope that all is taken care of now. We miss you when you're not around on this thread!

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Yeah!! I just ordered the E-Book for Ageless! Starting to read already Laughing.....now, LouLou sends me a link for the video correct? I am not going to start until I see some sort of demonstration of the exercises....I've tried other exercises just by reading the description and can't seem to understand what the heck they are trying to have me do! So guess you could say I am one of those "bone heads" that desperately needs a visual in addition to an explanation. Cannot wait to get started! Oh...and I also just ordered my AA LightStim!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!! I'm pulling out the big guns now!! Bad Grin My face better be prepared for an all out war!! ha ha....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |