Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2016 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I guess this mainly addresses British forum members, but if you're interested there'su an article about me/Ageless in this week's Real People magazine.

5% products discount

Mon May 30, 2016 2:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

i have a question, i hope Loulou can answer or anyone, who made an equal experience.

I am 43 years old and do ageless if you dare since 2 weeks. I am thrilled, that there is a possibility to look better without all that scary botox/filler stuff.

I am pleased with my tiny results so far:

- Skin is emproved and more smooth, less irregular structure on my cheeks.
- cheeks slowly build up
- glow on my cheeks (i haven't seen for years)

But one thing bothers me, i'm not sure what to do about:

Under each of my eyes appears a flat, but visible, bump. Like a small tear sac or maybe lymph node. I can see a small flat hump and if i touch it, i can feel, that it is an oblong stucture from outside corner under eye to the inside corner. So becouse of this structure i don't think, it is a moved fat pad. Visible is just the part on the outside corner.
I have hollows under my eyes for my hole life, so it is not that terrible as it fills this part a litte. But i don't think it will look good, when it gets bigger and i never ever had these bumps, I can see how they appear, when i do resistant training for cheeks.

So what should i do? Maybe less resistance for the exercise, that directly puts the "force" from under eyes upwards? As it presses the "bumps" out?

Thank you!

English is not my mother language, i hope, my writing is understandable.
dobatz
5% products discount

Mon May 30, 2016 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I took a picture, but am not able to link it, because i'm a new member. Is there a way, to show the picture anyway?
dobatz
5% products discount

Tue May 31, 2016 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Me again Smile

I researched some medical information about construction of eye-area. This is so far:

- There are no lymph nodes under ones eyes
- There are no tear sacs under ones eye. In case of puffiness, this is liquid in context to lymph flow. Or it is fat. (tear sacs are on the sides of nose)

So, i'm quite sure, my little bumps are fat. I have seen a picture of an "beauty" surgery, there ist really fat all around the hole eyeball (except front of course). This is for buffering Laughing

I am happy with my results so far, there are these bad mirrors in my house, i already look better in them. I feel, it's me again. The flesh of cheeks seems to spread in slow motion over my face.

My bumps are getting smaller, i can barly see them. Now i will try to do only one cheek exercise a day. If there are bumps, i know, whitch exercise caused it. Maybe i can adjust it, do it with less power or something...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2016 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Sorry not sure where you researched but there are lymph nodes under the eyes. They are very small and I know this for a fact as I had issues with mine and had to get medical attention at one point. Also if you look in anatomy and physiology books they show you the lymph and it goes around the ears and under the eyes too.

dobatz wrote:
Me again Smile

I researched some medical information about construction of eye-area. This is so far:

- There are no tear sacs under ones eye. In case of puffiness, this is liquid in context to lymph flow. Or it is fat. (tear sacs are on the sides of nose)

So, i'm quite sure, my little bumps are fat. I have seen a picture of an "beauty" surgery, there ist really fat all around the hole eyeball (except front of course). This is for buffering Laughing

I am happy with my results so far, there are these bad mirrors in my house, i already look better in them. I feel, it's me again. The flesh of cheeks seems to spread in slow motion over my face.

My bumps are getting smaller, i can barly see them. Now i will try to do only one cheek exercise a day. If there are bumps, i know, whitch exercise caused it. Maybe i can adjust it, do it with less power or something...
dobatz
5% products discount

Tue May 31, 2016 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaMary,

i found descriptions, where there are vessels around the eyes, which connect this area to the lymphatic system.

The facial lymph nodes comprise three groups:

(a) infraorbital or maxillary, scattered over the infraorbital region from the groove between the nose and cheek to the zygomatic arch;
(b) buccinator, one or more placed on the Buccinator opposite the angle of the mouth;
(c) supramandibular, on the outer surface of the mandible, in front of the Masseter and in contact with the external maxillary artery and anterior facial vein.

Their afferent vessels drain the eyelids, the conjunctiva, and the skin and mucous membrane of the nose and cheek; their efferents pass to the submaxillary glands.

But it would be interesting for me to hear other opinions, it think often we can't transfer all these informations from internet to reality. Maybe there are lymph nodes under eye. What size do you think they are (because you said, you had problems with them). Thank you!

Has anybody made similar experiences as i did?
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2016 11:33 am      Reply with quote
IF you've had them as well, are they caused by the facial exercises and massages, or something else?

TheresaMary wrote:
Sorry not sure where you researched but there are lymph nodes under the eyes. They are very small and I know this for a fact as I had issues with mine and had to get medical attention at one point. Also if you look in anatomy and physiology books they show you the lymph and it goes around the ears and under the eyes too.

dobatz wrote:
Me again Smile

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:24 am      Reply with quote
I have had issues with my lymph, and it was at a stressful time in my life so that probably played a huge part of it too. However I have a really good family doctor that I go to, and took my children to, and he is great. He took one look at me and knew something was up and it was that my lymph nodes under my eyes were swollen and I also had a pain in the area around my right ear (which is also a large lymph area). At the time I wasn't doing facial exercises as life was just too busy and I didn't have time/energy for them, but I have done facial exercises for well over 10 years now and wish I started them sooner.

mamaherrera wrote:
IF you've had them as well, are they caused by the facial exercises and massages, or something else?
dobatz
5% products discount

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, TheresaMary. And hopefully, these bad times are gone for you!

I still don't know, what to do. After all that i have seen in pictures (did some resarch), my bumps are simply fat. I never had fat under my eyes and i'm unsecure now, if i "pressed" fat up and out while doing cheek exercises Crying or Very sad

I am so pleased with the changes for the rest of my face. Really, really happy about it. Only 2 weeks and i like my cheeks again, like the firmer skin over it and eyes are more open. Neck gets better.

But i will not risk to get eye bags, i am already often tired looking. I have quite pronounced hollows under eyes, it's genetic and runs in familiy. So at this moment the little fat bumps don't bother me to much, there is place for them Smile But i can't go on with exercising an pumping fat pads under my eyes.

Loulou, if you read this, do you have an advice?

I can send pictures, i haven't enough postings by now.
dobatz
5% products discount

Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I mean: I have pictures, but can't link them form here.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dobatz

The single muscle around the eye is responsible for improving every area, every issue.

The muscle Is attached to the fat and the skin. When the muscle improves its condition and flattens it pulls the whole area flat. The droop over the eyes disappears, bags under the eyes, the whole thing becomes smooth.

Fat might accumulate in one place when the muscle is sagging, but once you firm the muscle it will lift/pull the whole area, fat and skin into its original state, spreading the fat out with it when it reforms.

The eye area is one that can be completely youthful all your life and it takes so little work to get it in top condition.

All best,

Loulou Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:23 am      Reply with quote
PS, it's rather like the accumulation of flesh in the lower face that happens with age. There's nothing new, it's just that Gravity has brought about a redistribution of how everything sits on the face Cool

5% products discount

Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi otherloulou,

thank you for answering me. Do you think, it's possible, that my cheeks grow too fast compared to my eyemuscles?

Because it was really the case, that the fat under eyes was pushed out! At this moment i stopped doing cheek work for 10 days, and just slightly try to get the eyemuscle stronger. I hope, that ones the eyemuscles are stronger, i can go back to firm the hole face. But it was frightening to see the bumps under eyes. Now they are much better, because i let the cheeks alone.

The fat under eyes is not "free", it is hold by tissue, that is the reason one can see the borders of fatbags and one can not "distribute" the fat by massaging or anything. But i believe - or should i say hope - that the ringmuscle around the eye can hold the hole thing in place.

One thing, if i may...: Have you ever heard or seen this issue in other cases? I just don't want to feel like the exception, for whom face exercises don't work.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've been noticing that my I have one side of my cheeks is fuller and the other has more volume loss. Anything I can do together with the exercises to help with this??? the naso folds are more pronounced,everything and it drives me nuts.

otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Mamaherrerra, hi!

You can 'even up' if one side of your face is responding more quickly, by focussing (just in your mind) on the weaker side. I don't know how it works, it just does.

Any problem with your n/l lines indicates lack of rest. They're a side-effect, not an indication of where your face is headed long term 😊

You can do as much work as you like, but your face will always need time to recover before it looks its best. You're not at your best the day after a long run, but your fitness is improving. Same with the face, it's headed towards being smoother and more lifted, give it chance!!

All best,

Loulou Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I recall Sean of FlexEffect saying something similar and I’m curious to see if there is any proof that this can happen. I know I got a long winded explanation and tried it for a while but didn’t see any differences. I’ve also heard Maggio talk about using visualization to equal up the sides but I know myself and several others tried this and it didn’t work or produce any results. If something like this could be done, it would be really motivating to have proof of it in photos for example.
otherloulou wrote:
You can 'even up' if one side of your face is responding more quickly, by focussing (just in your mind) on the weaker side. I don't know how it works, it just does.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:46 am      Reply with quote
And to Theresa Mary, have you noticed that when you started the exercises, your asymmetries became more pronounced as well? Just curious to know if others find that the exercises cause things to become more pronounced or not.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
and again, in my pictures posted above, the whole "dents" in my forehead, like two lines going from each temple that "cut" My forehead in half, like they form a triangle, where the point meets in the middle of my forehead, is massage once a week enough to help with that?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I’m not sure that I can help much – as I started facial exercises in my 50’s and do a mix of different programs/exercises but did programs in full though at the beginning. I don’t think I saw things become more pronounced but I didn’t see them even out either. Even Facercise says you can address symmetry using mind and visualisation which I found laughable as Carole Maggio’s face does not look symmetrical to me. Just my opinion which is why I’m curious as to Loulou’s response saying about focus. I know its something a lot of teachers say – butg to me if it were true there should be some proof of this.
mamaherrera wrote:
And to Theresa Mary, have you noticed that when you started the exercises, your asymmetries became more pronounced as well? Just curious to know if others find that the exercises cause things to become more pronounced or not.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Another big lady of facial exercises just said that it became more pronounced with this program because it's not a complete program. I thought it was. . . and blamed the program completely for my "now" more-pronounced asymmetry. She said it looks as though I am spot training. Which I was insulted because I know it's bad to spot train and I thought I was doing a complete program. And my other biggest area of concern is how to address hollow temples, but Loulou said to do the jaw exercise, which I'm not sure which one that is and how that can help with hollow temples.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Who said that? Ageless is a complete program in its own right. It might not be as complicated or complex as some of the others out there – but I think what that lady said was complete nonsense and is actually a bit jealous of what Lou created. Your photos look like someone who posted on Tom Haggerty’s site. Tom’s program is also only 5 exercises but they are good exercises that I still do occasionally (when I remember them) and they work fine. I think facial exercises are great for stopping unnecessary sagging etc but I’m still not convinced that they can do a lot for symmetry because a lot of it depends on your bone structure, your age and how fast/slow you build muscles etc. For me, the temples area was gaunt when I lost a lot of weight rapidly but I’m pretty happy with how my face looks now but for sure one of the things I do is massage. I pinch and roll the skin between fingers and thumbs and that plumps up the area nicely.

mamaherrera wrote:
Another big lady of facial exercises just said that it became more pronounced with this program because it's not a complete program. I thought it was. . . and blamed the program completely for my "now" more-pronounced asymmetry. She said it looks as though I am spot training. Which I was insulted because I know it's bad to spot train and I thought I was doing a complete program. And my other biggest area of concern is how to address hollow temples, but Loulou said to do the jaw exercise, which I'm not sure which one that is and how that can help with hollow temples.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Just to say that a lot of the muscles interwine and interconnect with each other, so you often find that sometimes an area like the temples gets a big workout by exercising a seemingly non connected area like the jaw. If you look at the muscles of the jaw - the masseter seems to be one of the large ones that goes from the corner of the jaw right up into the temple area, and its job is to open and close the jaw, so maybe by exercising the jaw you will plump up the whole masseter area. Massage will also help. Maybe Lou will pop by and give you further answers but you probably should email her.
mamaherrera wrote:
And my other biggest area of concern is how to address hollow temples, but Loulou said to do the jaw exercise, which I'm not sure which one that is and how that can help with hollow temples.
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much!! I will keep pinching and massing the temples. .. . and I wonder if I were to work the masseter, how often?
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
and doesn't the masseter get worked just by chewing food?? Maybe I should make a point to eat more on the weaker side?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:06 am      Reply with quote
it the masseter is just an example and may not be the muscle that needs working at all - it was just an example.

I still would like to see if there is physical proof about working the sides focusing on weaker muscles. It sounds a bit like emperors new clothes to me, and if it were true wouldn't there be physical evidence of it?
mamaherrera wrote:
and doesn't the masseter get worked just by chewing food?? Maybe I should make a point to eat more on the weaker side?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |