Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lenny cant
5% products discount

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa Mary , that's great to know that you eventually achieved a nice neck. That gives me hope. I shouldn't complain because I'm Delidelighted with my face. If I say so myself I look great! Lenny Laughing Laughing Very Happy thanks for the encouragement it gives me a kick to keep up the work until my face matches
Aam24
5% products discount

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really trying to incorporate more massage into my routine. My skin is loving it!! I love the simplicity of Ageless! I have one cheek that for some reason is NOT responding to these exercises. I'm not comfortable posting a picture of myself (not sure how to either). I've read through the thread and know that I'm supposed to focus on that side, but it's not working. I'm hoping by upping the massage, growth will follow. I'm open to suggestions.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Don't worry - the neck takes time and I think posture is a key element that took me a while to figure out so you are ahead of the game. For example, I used to sleep high on two big fluffy pillows and that was creating the skin underneath my chin and my neck itself to be saggy too. When I changed that - my neck skin changed within a very short space of time. It was a friend who pointed out that my posture needed improving, as I was at lunch and hunched over and she mentioned it to me. I sat up straight and she said my neck changed and I got really motivated them. Plus the massage helps too!
Lenny cant wrote:
Hi Theresa Mary , that's great to know that you eventually achieved a nice neck. That gives me hope. I shouldn't complain because I'm Delidelighted with my face. If I say so myself I look great! Lenny Laughing Laughing Very Happy thanks for the encouragement it gives me a kick to keep up the work until my face matches
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Sometimes for the sides to even up you just need time of doing the exercises. I suppose a lot of the time we have a more stronger side that's overused and a side that's neglected. So when we start exercising - the neglected side takes a while to wake up. No biggie it does eventually. I don't know about concentrating more on the weaker/less responsive side - as a lot of programs say not to do that but to focus equally on both sides the same. I can't remember the explanations give but there was one for sure.
Aam24 wrote:
I'm really trying to incorporate more massage into my routine. My skin is loving it!! I love the simplicity of Ageless! I have one cheek that for some reason is NOT responding to these exercises. I'm not comfortable posting a picture of myself (not sure how to either). I've read through the thread and know that I'm supposed to focus on that side, but it's not working. I'm hoping by upping the massage, growth will follow. I'm open to suggestions.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aam
How you doing? I think you're doing great. Your face is high and firm and you've eliminated all sag. You look ten years younger than your real age.

Massage does help shape the upper cheeks, especially the bone massages in the second Ageless book. Also you can safely focus on one side for facial training, although it's not recommended for training the body.

And Theresa Mary is right, you continue to see changes in your face even after a long time. It's like the reverse of ageing, you discover little things all the time, only it's nice surprises for a change 🙂

Loulou

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Also just to say if you sleep on your side that can have an effect too. I realized this about 10 years ago, as I was side sleeper and it definitely had an effect on my face. When I learned to sleep on my back my sides kind of evened up. Suppose squashing half your face into a pillow is a form of exercise!
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Yes the cheeks do tend to gradually squash into the shape they're pushed into. The bone massages are really good for moulding the upper cheek into a nice plump shape when they've flattened.
If you don't have the Ageless massage book you can do this simple exercise instead.

Grasp the cheek as you would for exercise 3 or 4 and slide the hand back and forth, pressing the cheek into the rounded shape you're after.

Cheers, loulou 😎

5% products discount

Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both for the replies! I thought I responded, but it must not have posted. I am making a huge effort to sleep on my back. Wow, its tough. I'm going to see if that helps.

Loulou, I have the original ageless so I have the massage in that one, but i will implement the above recommendation. Much appreciated! I'm starting to agree, massage is key! Its something I barely did prior to ordering the conture kinetic skin toning system. I'm actually going to return it bc my hands seem to have the same response.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi aam!
I'm so glad it's working for you!

you can massage your face almost by intuition.

The skin thrives when it's challenged by handling it, pulling, rubbing, stretching in any way you like, rolling it between finger and thumb, dragging the hands over it or giving it little tugs.

The shape of the face as a whole benefits from being literally shaped by the hands. Dig in and rub the bone anywhere you'd like it to curve inward. Under the cheekbones is excellent for plumping out the upper cheek, under the jawbone tempers the jawline.

Good luck 😉

Loulou

5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
i started ageless about 2 weeks ago. i haven't noticed anything yet except some tiredness in the eyes and face at times.

i'm 41 and have gaunt in cheek area and temples.. jowls , and drooping eyes.. rather than the hooded eye problem, i have the other problem..my upper lids become more pronounced, heavy, droopy, and sunken throughout the day. they start off normal in the morning(i can see some upper lid) but then its like they get heavy and my eyes less and less open (and harder to open wide).

i've bags under my eyes.. these have always been there so i think hereditary but worse now. gauntness, jowls, and bags under eyes have been there for several years, but seem to have become more pronounced in last several years while i was on a very low carb diet (a mistake). in past year i've been eating better for my body (and finally healing from long-time digestive issues).. but face gauntness remains. truley looks like face has gone in and down. jawline weak and with the jowlyness.

so.. i'm not doing crush.. but everything else. i alternate day 1 and day 2. so doing 7 days a week. after reading posts, thinking of reduce to 4 days a week or something less to give my face time to recover.

should i reduce day 2? what i'd like is fullness in the cheeks. when i put my fingers on my cheeks and go slightly out and up..i notice not only fuller face, but also i think that would help my jawline/jowls. eyes are still same with lids/bags.

should i just continue on as is 7 days a week alternating day 1 day 2 or reduce? also as a beginnier.. after first 30 days, should i take next month off? and alternate months on month off like that from the beginning?

Also..i seem to have good control of the muscles (though right side may be exercised bit more than left so i'm trying to visualize left).. but i dont tend to feel much. i mean yes i feel something but no burn..nothing is hard to do.. and i enjoy doing them. should i increase reps? back off of anything?

the gaunt temples.. i read something about the jaw..is that the long-neck exercise? what about just massaging the area? pull roll?

THanks for any feedback. i think it will be obvious to me when there's a change in my cheeks.which are concave at the moment.
is it possible for my cheeks to develop fullness? and have a wider face? and for eyes that have had bags since i was a kid to become plump?
Aam24
5% products discount

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Loulou is best to respond obviously, but I will share what I do. I do day 1 & 2 together (minus crush) every M, W, F. I massage those days as well. It will help lift the face! My left side is slow too. Read above the advice she gave me. HTH
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Okay like the poster above says, Loulou is best to answer your questions.

I think you may be doing too much too soon. The rest days are just as important as the workout days because that’s when the healing starts and the muscles grow stronger. So 7 days is stopping your face from healing up properly and becoming stronger.

The eye exercises will over time help with the hooded lids. However I think doing 7 days is too much – you need down time for the muscles to heal otherwise you simply exhaust them. Loulou may have other ideas but just my take on what I’ve done over the last 10 years. I’ve too been impatient and once tried exercising 3x a day (not Ageless – but about 10 years ago) in the hope I’d get faster results and it stopped the results coming.

Maybe stop altogether for a week to give your face rest and a break and then start up again but aim for 5 days a week with weekends off!

Month on month off isn’t a good idea. You want to be consistent but you want to have sufficient downtime. If you had health issues then maybe 5x a week would be too much but you don’t indicate you have so I’d bet that 5x should be sufficient. Also don’t forget massage. That is a real key to helping the face transform. I wish I had paid more attention when people were advising me in the early days to do so – I said I would and would forget just as quickly. When I got my butt kicked and told to do it – it really did help my face change.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi vandu,

the whole face moves up, as the supporting muscles tighten so that there's a marked increase in volume in the upper face as well as a noticeable lift to the lower face. The face also collapses inward with age and your sunken cheeks should flesh out as part of the process of tightening the dangling muscle

But if you're constantly tired and overtrained your muscles won't have the energy to hold your face in its new shape. It's like trying to make your body look good when you're slumped over with bad posture.

So Theresa Mary is spot on.... rest days are crucial to making your face healthier, brighter and younger.

Aam, thanks for your input too. Your schedule of doing the whole programme three times per week does allow for rest, but it's at the upper end of the useful range. If there are any signs of stress or tiredness on your face I'd suggest you take a week off, but it sounds pretty ideal for you and your needs.

All best, loulou 😋

5% products discount

Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Agree with Theresa Mary. The Massage has made a biggggg difference, especially to my eyes. Loulou is right. I Just pull the skin about a bit or follow on the video and like I say my eyes look years younger 😀😃😄. Don't miss out the massage bit!!! Lenny
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lenny that is great news.

You should achieve a fairly rapid Botox- like effect through the exercise alone, but the massage certainly speeds the process up, spurring the cells of the face into life and resulting in quicker results. You just need to be aware that your face may look overtrained and tired for a period before it flourishes. But it will flourish!

All best, Louise annette

5% products discount

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lenny so should i pull on the thin delicate skin right under me eyes and the skin on and just above my lids? like tug on it a few times? roll it?

Lenny cant wrote:
Agree with Theresa Mary. The Massage has made a biggggg difference, especially to my eyes. Loulou is right. I Just pull the skin about a bit or follow on the video and like I say my eyes look years younger 😀😃😄. Don't miss out the massage bit!!! Lenny
vandu
5% products discount

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaMary. i will take a week off. my upper lids aren't hooded..i've the opposite problem.. they grow more pronounced, and heavy over my eyes as the day goes on..or, sometimes it happens quickly based on what i eat. this happens since the skin just above the lid loses plumpness and becomes sunken.

Loulou, any idea about this one? why it happens? i see that most of the people i know..when they get tired..their eyes still look the same to me..the lids dont grow more noticable and eyes dont get sunken like happens to me. it's a very tired look... maybe more so than the hooded eyelid look. so..in the morning you can see some lid and the eyes looks better, brighter, except with bags. lol. but by mid-day and definilty by night the upper lids have a tendency to be more visible and my eyes more closed.

TheresaMary wrote:

I think you may be doing too much too soon. The rest days are just as important as the workout days because that’s when the healing starts and the muscles grow stronger. So 7 days is stopping your face from healing up properly and becoming stronger.

The eye exercises will over time help with the hooded lids. However I think doing 7 days is too much – you need down time for the muscles to heal otherwise you simply exhaust them.

Maybe stop altogether for a week to give your face rest and a break and then start up again but aim for 5 days a week with weekends off!
vandu
5% products discount

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I will take rest for a week and then do Day 1 exercises 3x/week and Day2 2x per week rest on weekends..

During the rest week, can I do day 3/day4 massage on these days? is it okay to do the massages daily/ multiple times a day? they are so quick and easy..i imagine, unlike exercise, one can't massage too much?

also the pinching/tugging of skin.. is that okay to do more than once a day? even around the eyes? and okay to do the tugging on rest days as well?

Also i was doing the exercises just before bed.. i dont know if it matters but i've a tired face and certainly more tired by night..maybe not the best time to exercise? maybe i should only exercise when face feels refreshed? Loulou please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vandu 🙂

overtraining won't have any negative effects at all in the long term. You just need to allow your face more time to rebuild and rejuvenate itself before you see your face lifting and tightening. Even if you've pulled at your face constantly for days on end it will still recover and it will still look great. It's just not much fun having a tired worn-out face until the repairs get chance to happen, and you might as well do small amounts of training and keep your face looking fresh and rested most of the time because it's just as effective.

You can do the massages during your rest week, but it might be best to have a complete rest so that you can see your face looking its best without any post-training tiredness. But as I say, it will always, always recover no matter how much you do to it.

In terms of effectiveness, it's fine to exercise your face any time of day, too. Before bed is probably a good time because the muscles and skin are guaranteed a complete rest afterwards.

All best, loulou

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Vandu, about your eyes.

The heaviness you describe is one of the quickest and easiest issues to reverse; it's caused by the weakening of the tiny muscle that opens the eyelid (the levator palpebra).

It is almost always weak on older women. Tightening it immediately opens the eye wider and makes the eyes look bigger, and exercise 9, lift eyelids, takes about 20 seconds twice per week 😎

You'll see results for this very quickly.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Loulou..great to know can't overtrain..i definitly prefer to take it easy so i'll stick to the 5x/week with breaks on weekend.. and i'm taking a 1 week break as well for now since i was doing 7x/week.

i didnt' think the massage and pulling themselves can create tiredness..i thought the more pulling the better..ie., the quicker the skin gets thicker?

but sounds like your'e saying it's okay to take a break from all this when i take break from exercises..
well i prefer to avoid the overtired look when my face normally looks tired anyway lol.

otherloulou wrote:

You can do the massages during your rest week, but it might be best to have a complete rest so that you can see your face looking its best without any post-training tiredness.
All best, loulou
vandu
5% products discount

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 am      Reply with quote
In the Ageless book Loulou says month on month off helped her achieve results without overtraining/overtiring her face right?

so do any of you do this? Loulou do you advise doing this from the beginning or after training say 5x/week for several weeks? or...after seeing some results?

thanks.

TheresaMary wrote:

Month on month off isn’t a good idea. You want to be consistent but you want to have sufficient downtime. .
vandu
5% products discount

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:49 am      Reply with quote
i've had this heaviness of the lids from an early age..what causes the weakening of the tiny muscles that open the eyelid? i mean, what causes it prematurely..like in late 20's early 30's? just curious if anyone has any ideas? i mean the look is not the same..it's like my eyes look more aged through the day..starting with open eyes in the mornning.

i'm wondering if the muscle weakness could be hereditary..i see the heavy lids on my dad's side.

..these exercises are supposed to help your face go back to a more youthful look..but what if one always had somewaht sunken gaunt look? and i my case..also the heavy lids.. i've also always had the bags..

can the ageless exercises, in some cases.. help people achieve a quality they never really had?

otherloulou wrote:
Vandu, about your eyes.

The heaviness you describe is one of the quickest and easiest issues to reverse; it's caused by the weakening of the tiny muscle that opens the eyelid (the levator palpebra).

It is almost always weak on older women. Tightening it immediately opens the eye wider and makes the eyes look bigger, and exercise 9, lift eyelids, takes about 20 seconds twice per week 😎

You'll see results for this very quickly.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Vandu, like the muscles the skin needs down time to rebuild and thicken. it will happen, but if you keep breaking the tissue down it will take a longer rest before it's repaired and looking wonderful. All best, loulou

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:37 am Add a Thank You Report postReport Reply with quote
Thanks so much Loulou..great to know can't overtrain..i definitly prefer to take it easy so i'll stick to the 5x/week with breaks on weekend.. and i'm taking a 1 week break as well for now since i was doing 7x/week.

i didnt' think the massage and pulling themselves can create tiredness..i thought the more pulling the better..ie., the quicker the skin gets thicker?

but sounds like your'e saying it's okay to take a break from all this when i take break from exercises..
well i prefer to avoid the overtired look when my face normally looks tired anyway lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Weakness of the upper lid muscle may be hereditary, but you can beat your genes by training the levator labii muscle, just as you can overcome weakness in any other part of the body by making it do progressively harder work 😎

Ive had this heaviness of the lids from an early age..what causes the weakening of the tiny muscles that open the eyelid? i mean, what causes it prematurely..like in late 20's early 30's? just curious if anyone has any ideas? i mean the look is not the same..it's like my eyes look more aged through the day..starting with open eyes in the mornning.

i'm wondering if the muscle weakness could be hereditary..i see the heavy lids on my dad's side.

..these exercises are supposed to help your face go back to a more youthful look..but what if one always had somewaht sunken gaunt look? and i my case..also the heavy lids.. i've also always had the bags..

can the ageless exercises, in some cases.. help people achieve a quality they never really had?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |