Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Loulou,
Since you have become such a celebrity around here Laughing I am sure many of us are curious about your actual progress in the transformation that has taken place with your face. So if you could please answer some questions.
1. What were your skin issues prior to facial exercises?
2.How long did it take for you to see a turn around with your skin?
3. How much did you train when you first began?
4.Also did you learn in the process that you think made the most difference in your transformation?
Toby

Great questions! I am also interested to know your progress story Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to pop in and say that I am continuing to see changes (decreases) in my marionette lines, as well as some additional definition along the sides of my face. I can also now see some hollows behind the marionette line pooches, which actually makes them look a little more pronounced at certain angles. But I am certain that it is a temporary thing, and will disappear over time.

At this point I am planning to take an updated pic at the end of January (ok, maybe mid Jan if things keep progressing at this same rate! Very Happy )

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
Lilredhead, did you receive your video yet? I'm so glad you mentioned it. I just sent LouLou an email requesting mine.

LouLou, could you please post the info here that you sent another member on dealing with jowls?
Hi there Cat!! LouLou sent me the link as soon as she got her computer issues sorted! It's very helpful. The instructions in her book were very thorough as well and for the most part I was doing the exercises correctly.The visual aid kicks up my confidence level though. Wink And LouLou you are very stunning! Shock You seem so down to earth and friendly as well so you have been doubly blessed!!! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Toby wrote:
Loulou,
Since you have become such a celebrity around here Laughing I am sure many of us are curious about your actual progress in the transformation that has taken place with your face. So if you could please answer some questions.
4.Also did you learn in the process that you think made the most difference in your transformation?
Toby

Great questions! I am also interested to know your progress story Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I am going to add one more to the list...

5. Did you lose any weight between the 2 pics on your book cover and if so, how much?

I can say firsthand that I have had my stupid marionette lines and jawline sagging regardless of how little I weighed over the last 5 years, but I am hoping to drop below that 5 year low weight this year, so I'm being hopeful here!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Loulou,
Toby

Hi Toby Very Happy

I'll do my best!

1.When I started exercising my face I was conscious that my skin wasn't as firm as it used to be. There were pronounced folds nose-mouth and some loose skin over and under my eyes. Also I just had quite dull skin, a lot of blackheads (I still have a lot of blackheads!). But I didn't know much about the skin at all really, so I was more aware of it as it improved and didn't really know what to aim at until it started happening.

My skin was very thin and prematurely aged because of an early menopause... this happened a year after the 'before' pic on the cover was taken, and I have HRT now, so neither photo really reflects that issue, though.

2. This is really difficult, because my skin often looked much better when I'd laid off exercising for a few days and it repaired itself. So when it improved I wasn't very interested in it and wasn't paying it much attention, but each time it happened people just pointed out I was looking well.

However, once I began to make a conscious effort to challenge the skin itself rather than just the muscles underneath it there was a dramatic improvement within a month. 'Ageless' has quite a lot of skin tugging and stretching built into it, but a bit extra is good.

3. I wouldn't recommend people to train the way I did when I first began! I'd go overboard for a few days, spending over an hour a day, scrutinise my face for signs of progress, get fed up and do nothing for a fortnight Laughing I spent a ot of time just trying to feel where the muscles were and make them ache so they would grow. If I'd known about my programme then I'd have done that, which would have cut down the repetitions and cut out a lot of exercises, but I'd probably still have done it 3 times a day for a week, then not for a month Embarassed

A fair comparison is how I used to train my backside... I spent years doing lunges, Stairmaster, floor exercises and never really felt the muscle. Then a few years ago I discovered if you kick your leg backwards (I mean kick, not swing it), then immediately kick it out to the side and repeat that 20 times each leg every couple of days, your butt miraculously begins to move up off the back of your legs Laughing So now I just do that.

4. Gosh, that's a good question! Well, in practical terms I'd say see above, question 3... finding exercises that do the job quickly and effectively. I owe Deb Crowley bigtime also for telling everyone to pull at their skin... I didn't think that would damage the skin, but I was amazed how much difference it made. Also I think having strength and tone in the facial muscles gives you enormous confidence. I was going to write a long paragraph about celebs who blossomed when they found their own look, but you get the idea.

Toby, I owe you a PM also x

((((((hugs))

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:40 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
carolb69 wrote:
mpstat wrote:
otherloulou wrote:
... Oh and you can certainly get the same results as me, grip however is easiest! I only do mine once a week or so now, if that.

LouLou thank yo so much for all the work you have done it is very much appreciated!!!
You do exercises only once a week? Do you combine Day1+Day2 exercises in one set, and do them one time a week?

Id guess that loulou was aleady nicely toned from the flexeffect system and is now just needing to maintain results? Just a guess....

The rest of us would need to do more than a day id say.

Hi Carol Cool

You're right that doing more than once a week is probably a good idea for most people (not mpstat though as I've seen her pic and she is firm of face and staggeringly Shock gorgeous), but once a week would make a difference... like going to the gym once a week and doing 10 exercises would if you'd never worked out in your life Very Happy

((((( hugs)) LL Very Happy

LouLou - thank you for your kind words!!

I used to do facial exercises five times a week, and whenever I missed a day I felt so bad about it. Since I switched to every other day (I do ALL exercises on one day) it was incredible relief, not just from exercising but from psychological prospective that it is OK to do it every other day. When I read that LouLou exercises once a week, I was stunned. LouLou is an expert on facial exercises and the results of her program literally show on her face in the most incredible way!

It is great to know that it is possible to do the exercises less frequently, and still maintain the results. Thank you LouLou, you are an inspiration for all of us!!!

Thank you, Mpstat! If it hadn't been for you and Bethany, nobody here would even know my book exists. Mwah! x

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:47 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
mpstat wrote:
Toby wrote:
Loulou,
Toby

I am going to add one more to the list...

5. Did you lose any weight between the 2 pics on your book cover and if so, how much?

I can say firsthand that I have had my stupid marionette lines and jawline sagging regardless of how little I weighed over the last 5 years, but I am hoping to drop below that 5 year low weight this year, so I'm being hopeful here!

Hi Bethany Smile

I didn't lose any weight between the two pics, but even now my face def looks firmer if I've lost a couple of pounds! Cool

If you have hollows you might want to cut out ex 6 'crush' for a few days as it pulls the cheeks in. Some people like this look, but it doesn't suit everyone Smile

You really don't have marionette lines, do you? Confused I can't see them on your pics, or do you just mean the softness at the corners of your mouth?

(((((hugs)

5% products discount

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to your videos, LouLou. I must say that they've been very helpful in reassuring me that I'm doing the exercises correctly.

You also got an amazing compliment fom my other half. He walked past the PC while I was watching your videos and commented that you look very young to be doing facial exercises. I told him that you're in your mid-forties, and his jaw nearly hit the floor! He genuinely thought that you were in your twenties. Result!

My own progress continues to astound me. For the first time in years I actually feel good about how I look. Thanks for that.
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I would also like to thank Loulou once more for sharing her knowledge with us and making this book available at such an affordable price.

I have been doing the exercises regularly, sometimes even twice a day and I have been pulling and pinching my skin. No tired look - just the opposite.

I'm very grateful for Loulou and for the other ladies that introduced her and her book to us.

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Also slightly off topic, but worth mentioning, today is Loulou's birthday!

So can I be the first to wish you a very Happy Birthday Loulou!
younggma
5% products discount

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday, LouLou Smile I've been using your program for one month now and can definitely tell a difference. I'm curious, though, how much do you attribute HRT to your youthful face? I'm 51, obviously in menopause, but have no symptoms. I have read such conflicting info on HRT, I'm afraid to go down that road unless I start experiencing hot flashes, difficulty with sleep, etc. Just curious if the HRT makes a huge difference in skin aging?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday LouLou!!!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday Loulou!!! Many happy returns. Smile
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Happy Birthday LouLou!!!

Ditto! Very Happy
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ohh thank you guys

(((((hugs)))

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Holy Cow...it's LouLou's birthday, and the truth is OUT...she is really only 25!!! Shock Shock Shock

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Happy Birthday, LouLou!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOU LOU!!!!!! yay - Hope you had a great day; lots of fun, cake and yummies.

Hugs,
Sis
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Happy birthday to you,
We all here love you,
You look so young and lovely,
And we all will soon too.

Have a wonderful day. Very Happy
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Well LouLou!!! Your b-day is the day after mine!!! Laughing Happiness all around Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hope you had a wonderful day.........

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
beautybee
5% products discount

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOULOU"
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote

Happy Birthday LouLou...I hope all of your birthday wishes come true.. Very Happy

Happy belated birthday to you too Bren.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Birthday, LouLou! Very Happy
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Happy happy birthday Louise Very Happy
kate in Australia

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LOULOU!

Now: what was that you were saying about the butt exercise?? You kick your leg out back then kick it to the side 20 X's?????

Could you possibly do a vid of your body exercises too? I'm all for this "Work Smarter - Not Harder" thing. You have our full attention! Very Happy
THANK YOU LOULOU!!!!! We love you!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:39 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Could you possibly do a vid of your body exercises too? I'm all for this "Work Smarter - Not Harder" thing. You have our full attention! Very Happy
THANK YOU LOULOU!!!!! We love you!!

Ditto! Would love more info on the body exercises!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |