Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Miamouse, I've done the Hotspots, and it created a huge difference. It's just one needs to rest the face afterwards, because it is quite aggressive. I looked really great after a 2 day rest and was very pleased.
I think that if you think you are plateau-ing it means you need to rest the face more. I came to a point that when I grasped my flesh, that it was hard and didn't move. I had overworked it, and I didn't see the results anymore, so maybe that is what is happening to you. Do you take rest breaks? Also do you use any other skin care tools, as that can cause overload, as well.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Dear Radieschen79

I’ve already shared that they don’t do so because they receive harsh criticism and understand that you find this difficult to understand and explained some of the various reasons for it.

Some celebrities who I know have spoken openly in tv and radio shows about doing htem are Madonna, Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Anniston, Sharon Stone. Also there are some who openly share about them (for example Kandee Johnson did a video for Glamour ages ago that I love) here is a link (and note its free to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SHFT-8JYTg). Meghan Markle is also rumoured to do Facial Yoga (note I say "rumoured" - she hasn't confirmed that she definitely does or doesn't!)

The link that Nonie sent you isn’t a pay for site. The exercises Tom shares freely – but if you want a dvd then you have to pay for that – so I think you are misunderstanding Nonie’s message to you. Tom’s exercises are great and he is an elderly guy who looks great for his age!

Now you say there is no scientific data. I kind of agree with you 100% on that one as there is really a lot lacking there but then I know from my own experience that it works. I’m not going to try to persuade you to do them if you aren’t interested in them, but Tom’s shape your face describes 5 quick and easy exercises to do that cost nothing and you can read all about them and he answers questions freely on that site you mention without any money!

All the best!

Tessie
radieschen79 wrote:
Dear TheresaMay,

I can't imagining one single reason why anyone would receive harsh criticism because of doing facial exercise? I'm just looking for any mentioning of celebrities doing facial excercises at all? Please, can you link to any of this?

Good lord, I'm really not trying to put anyone down here! It's just that by my own research I just couldn't find any scientific data that would suggest facial exercise works for skin aging. If it works for you, that's really great! I'm really happy for you!

Maybe I'm a bit younger than most of you here are posting on this thread, I don't know? I'm 46 years old and still have a chance of getting collagen get built up again, sun damage repaired etc with micro-needling and the right serums, although I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work for older ladies as well than myself.

As I understand it, collagen loss is the major factor in skin aging and I got really good results with simple deep derma-rolling. I was able to rebuild my sagging jowls with micro-needling once a month with 1-1.5mm derma-rollers that cost me about 40 euros over the last 16 months.

Btw, I got a really strange PM from a person called "Nonie" that promoted a site called shapeyourface.com, that you can't have access if you don't pay first. So please don't tell me there is no money involved with facial exercise.

I'm just telling the story what worked for me, if facial exercise works for you, that's great! I just can't find any scientific data, nor any celebrity anecdote about facial exercise that really worked for them!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:57 am      Reply with quote
I think plateauing is quite normal and happens in all facial exercise programs which is why I like FlexEffect's variation program, where you alternate different exercises for different ways of working the muscles, but you can also do things like increasing the number of reps or the pressure of the squeeze for example to change things up, or even doing the squeeze for a longer count too. These will all work to challenge the muscles.

I haven't tried the Hotspots program so can't comment on that but the above hopefully will help you out.
Miamouse wrote:
I’ve not posted much before so pls forgive me if I’ve replied to a post by mistake - this is meant as a new question. I’ve been doing Ageless If You Dare for nearly 3 years, with great results. But I feel I’ve plateaued. I would like to get a bit more cheek lift and sharper jawline. Has anyone had more results by continuing on with the original 10 after appearing to plateau? Or has anyone in my position tried the hotspots and got more results? If so, is the hotspots program dramatically different? Thank you!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Radieschen79

I just went onto Tom's website to make sure the exercises are free and they are still. he has written a lot about each one here:

https://www.shapeyourface.com/facial-exercises/

He does sell a dvd where he demos the exercises, but this is only needed if you are unable to follow the instructions but the guidance is on there for sure and without charge!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes and Tija is right too about rest - I hadn't thought of that.
Tija wrote:
Miamouse, I've done the Hotspots, and it created a huge difference. It's just one needs to rest the face afterwards, because it is quite aggressive. I looked really great after a 2 day rest and was very pleased.
I think that if you think you are plateau-ing it means you need to rest the face more. I came to a point that when I grasped my flesh, that it was hard and didn't move. I had overworked it, and I didn't see the results anymore, so maybe that is what is happening to you. Do you take rest breaks? Also do you use any other skin care tools, as that can cause overload, as well.
Miamouse

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both Tija and Tessie - that’s good advice from both of you. I will try resting more as I think I probably don’t, and I also use my Nuface on my rest days - which could be why. I will also try extra reps, Tessie.
Tija had you mastered the original 10 Ageless exercises before you did Hotspots? And do you still do Hotspots. If so, how often?
Thanks you both again for all your help!
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou I have a question regarding the cheekbone exercise, where you are moving back and forth 8 times.
When grasping the flesh underneath the eyes, are we supposed to pull down from the eye socket, or just grasp the flesh on the cheekbone? The reason i am asking is I am noticing it pulls my eyes down and they look awful. It seems the 1st step where we push down on upper cheekbone need the temple seems to be a different approach, I'm not sure. But hopefully you can answer my question. Thanks So much in advance!
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Miamouse wrote:
Thank you both Tija and Tessie - that’s good advice from both of you. I will try resting more as I think I probably don’t, and I also use my Nuface on my rest days - which could be why. I will also try extra reps, Tessie.
Tija had you mastered the original 10 Ageless exercises before you did Hotspots? And do you still do Hotspots. If so, how often?
Thanks you both again for all your help!

Hi Miamouse. I have the old version of Ageless where all the exercises plus the massage is in there. I'm not sure if you are just doing the exercises. I tried to Hotspots about 1 month after I started during Ageless if you Dare. I tend to like doing it every 2 weeks but I dont think there is a hard and fast rule because everyone is different and needs different rest periods and it may change as you go along. I think that the best is to experiment and see what your face like best to look it's best. Sorry that I couldn't give you a definitive answer, but I hope it helps. Post back when you have tried the Hotspots. I would be curious to see how you like it. it's excellent but you need 1 -2 days recovery and then it's amazing!
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I’ve just bought the hotspots programme and in it Louise mentions some relaxation exercises for the face by Anne Waldon and includes a thank you to her for allowing her clients to use them.. I can’t find them though.

Does anyone have any idea what Louise is referring to?
Thanks.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Yes that does ring a bell. I seem to recall it was on a website (might be Anne Waldon's as she had a website) but not sure. You might want to reach out to the office team at Ageless and I'm sure they will be able to track it down for you. I did use it a lot when hubby was going through chemo and it was lovely.
Ann has a wonderful voice and it did help with stressful situations.
xxstardustxx wrote:
I’ve just bought the hotspots programme and in it Louise mentions some relaxation exercises for the face by Anne Waldon and includes a thank you to her for allowing her clients to use them.. I can’t find them though.

Does anyone have any idea what Louise is referring to?
Thanks.
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh thank you, I’ll email Steve and ask him then... seems like the relaxation would be a perfect way to smooth things out after a bit of bootcamp!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100% and hadn't thought of that - but you are completely right it would help smooth things over after the bootcamp.

Speaking from personal experience, anything you can do to relax is good. I know my goings on are always self obsessed examples, but when I used the mp3 it really helped me through that stressful and difficult time so I can highly recommend it (in fact you prompted me to go and dig it out and relisten!).
xxstardustxx wrote:
Oh thank you, I’ll email Steve and ask him then... seems like the relaxation would be a perfect way to smooth things out after a bit of bootcamp!
WCoast Deb

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hello LouLou!

Apologies for the laaate reply! (So embarrassing...) Grateful to hear from you, thank you for getting back to me. Since posting here, I've continued the Easy 10 almost daily. Things are holding steady, as in, the exercises seem an equal counterbalance to the rate of aging, but aren't reversing those issues I mentioned yet. I didn't realize it then, but hormonal changes have also entered the picture, not just sun damage. I'm getting that thin, crepey texture. <shudder> It is soo hard to deal with! I don't want to hate nature or aging, but gosh, Mutha Nature is HARSH and QUICK in middle age, lol!

In regard to your response, I'm thinking of ordering your massage program. I have one Q on skin handling, based on the instructions for it in Easy 10:
It's hard to pull my skin because I'm quite thin. How do I judge whether I'm tugging/pulling adequately?

Warmest wishes, and thanks for making these tools accessible to women of modest means - it's a game changer in a cruel world.

- Deb

Louise Annette wrote:
Hi Deb,
Thanks for your positive feedback. I’m so glad you’re seeing benefits!

About sun damage... the skin is bonded to the muscle so slackness is reversed by tightening the muscle. If there is less elasticity in the skin however, an unfit muscle may well droop more heavily on that side. The solution is still to tighten the muscle, and you’ll continue to see see improvements in firmness and structure.

Handling the skin does a great deal to improve its thickness and elasticity, but you can also use skin products to improve surface texture...
...LL 🤗
Miamouse

Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tija, I now have the Hotspots too and have been doing them for nearly 3 weeks, just the cheek exercises for now. I can feel them working in that my cheeks feel different- the muscle feels bigger. But don’t really think I can see a difference yet.having said that I’m not expecting to see a change yet. I’m being very careful to rest the recommended time and I’ve stopped my Nuface for now. I will report back in a few weeks!
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MiaMouse. That is great! I have been doing the Hotspots 1x a week. I dont do the easy 10 or massage when I do the Hotspots. It works out really well for me and I dont have any uglies, like the 1st time I ALSO did the easy 10 and the massage and the next day I looked like 20 years older! However, the next day of rest and the 2nd rest day, my face looked amazing!! Was really impressed.

All the best, and yes, go according to how you feel, it's a personal thing, and you have to experiment and o it, the way you feel comfortable!
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
WCoast Deb, you should try Dermarolling. Have you ever tried it? It is AMAZING, increases collagen, gives a facelift and makes skin look radiant. I have a 1.5 roller and I use it 1x a week, so far.
WCoast Deb

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Tija. I actually have one sitting in my closet that I got ages ago and was too nervous to try. Maybe it's time to pull it out. May I PM you to ask your routine? It seems off-topic for this thread.

Best,
D

Tija wrote:
WCoast Deb, you should try Dermarolling. Have you ever tried it? It is AMAZING, increases collagen, gives a facelift and makes skin look radiant. I have a 1.5 roller and I use it 1x a week, so far.
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have been witnessing my eyes and my temples lifting, however I notice I am getting crow feet lines now. Not enough skin or fat? I'm wondering what this means...
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:29 am      Reply with quote
It may be the temporary effects of the exercisees.
I seem to recall Loulou mentions about the skin can sometimes look worse before it looks better and I think thats perhaps whats going on here. For me, I would do a little massage in the crows feet area.
You can massage the muscles and skin there and that should help to alleviate the lines temporarily.
Tija wrote:
I have been witnessing my eyes and my temples lifting, however I notice I am getting crow feet lines now. Not enough skin or fat? I'm wondering what this means...
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2020 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa Mary. I am learning as I go along. I discovered I was doing 3 exercises incorrectly.
I think that placement of fingers IS VERY CrUCIAL.. they can make a HUGE difference. So my problens have been rectificed by placing my fingers in the right areas needed. I think what is so amazing is that when you do it right, there will be other muscles moving as well. The face is definitely interconnected and it is quite awe inspiring to witness that.

So my external hard drive crashed on me and I lost all of my Ageless files.. I can only go by memory now which I am not sure if I am missing an exercise. I contacted Steve Royce to see if he could resent the files to me and I have not received any answer. Is there any way to get a hold of him or LuLu ?

Thanks so much
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2020 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tija,

Okay great. The finger placement and form of each exercise is so important for sure. There is definitely interconnection with them. However I must confess I now understand this better. For example, I didn't understand why some programs try to target single muscle groups (as it is impossible). However, what I learned over the last 15 plus years is that when you try to target one isolated muscle group it has a very different effect as a result than trying to work a group of muscles in comparison.

Steve Royce is great and I'm sure will be in contact with you soon. I'm sure there will be a way to trace your order and resend you the files. Loulou also visits here (but the obvious pandemic of COVID 19 is impacting everywhere) so I imagine you will have to wait as they probably receive a lot of emails and work through them.
LaurenAus

Wed May 27, 2020 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone I’m following petas facerobics on youtube. She looks fantastic and she’s thorough so I started following along with her videos. To be honest I really don’t like doing facial exercises and find it super tedious and almost uncomfortable. I was wondering if anyone thinks microcurrent is sufficient enough to get similar results? I’d rather deal wtih a machine than do all these exercises on my face with my hands. Thank you
Louise Annette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi, quick announcement, for the next 3 weeks the money from anything you buy will go to Black Lives Matter. We’ll donate in your name and send you the PayPal receipt.

Black Lives Matter! 🤗

Loulou

5% products discount

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lu lu I just wanted to say the American charity you’re donating to is great.
English charity I guess English people will understand exactly what it is haha 😂

But American customers, if you’re thinking about facial exercise you should buy now cos 100% of the money to this charity for couple of weeks

Not allowed to post link but it’s black girl code.com

Soooo good to give these little 7 year olds a future.
claraboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi
Not sure if this thread is still active but was wondering if anyone has tried either the massage or boot camp passage- or both.
I bought ageless when it first can out and have been face exercising for a good 15-20 years on and off.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |