Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:59 am      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
loulou I got your PM but my reply is sitting in my outbox and im not sure why! As i did click send after writing it. Can you let me know if you dont get it?

Ta Smile

ETA nevr mind i see its now been sent:)

Hi Caroline Very Happy

I've got it. yay technology! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
LouLou or anyone;

Did I just get a weird download, or is anybody else missing pages 18 thru 28?

I also noticed several blank pages, and a few that are duplicated.. For instance, there are two page 29's, and one says "Chapter 2 How a Face Ages", and the other says "3. Why the cheeks lift everything" (There are several duplicate pages like this.)

I thought my printer went crazy, but when I looked at the download file it was the same..

Any suggestions?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I had to check and yes, mine is the same. It goes from 1-17, then from 28-35 and then from
26-41. I haven't noticed before since I didn't print it out, but now I'm pretty confused. Confused
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
LouLou or anyone;

Did I just get a weird download, or is anybody else missing pages 18 thru 28?

I also noticed several blank pages, and a few that are duplicated.. For instance, there are two page 29's, and one says "Chapter 2 How a Face Ages", and the other says "3. Why the cheeks lift everything" (There are several duplicate pages like this.)

I thought my printer went crazy, but when I looked at the download file it was the same..

Any suggestions?

Wow Kassy, I'm sorry, that shouldn't happen! Shock

Can you email me and I'll get another one to you? Really sorry about that

LL Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...after further investigation Laughing I don't think any pages are missing, they're just numbered wrong. At least in my copy.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Magica wrote:
Hmmm...after further investigation Laughing I don't think any pages are missing, they're just numbered wrong. At least in my copy.

Hi Magica Smile

Yes, I just got the numbers wrong Embarassed , ok will sort that out, thanks for your feedback.

Hi Kassy,

i think some things that seem odd with the download are issues to do with how it prints out as a book. There are some blank pages if a chapter finishes on an odd-numbered page, so that the next one starts on an odd page. I can see this would be a bit unneccessary in the download, but the publisher does both versions the same. I'll ask them if it's possible to make the download better adapted to download. I am having real trouble with computer memory, so umm don't have adobe so can't see current download pdf, but the book I have here has no duplicate pages and download should be identical Confused

Anyway, apologies, I'll keep working on it Smile

LL Brick wall Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
You'll sort out the glitches LouLou, don't fret!

If you can though, check out the pages in the 20's and 30's. Some are numbered doubles, but with different info... Confused

I'm sure you're just trying to keep us on our toes... Dancing Very Happy Dancing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
After reading LouLou's new chapter, I pulled out a natural bristle brush that had come in some spa gift set that someone gave me a gazillion years ago and decided to give it a shot.....

...the verdict is that I LOVE it!!!

I was gentle (but not overly so), but was able to whisk off a ton of Retin-A flakes right off my face and arms....woo hoo! Boski and others have raved about brushing in the past, and I gave it a shot once or twice. But I wasn't able to REALLY see the benefits like I can now that I am shedding my skin like a snake. Rolling Eyes

Now I'm going to have to fully research skin brushing, get new brushes..... Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
You'll sort out the glitches LouLou, don't fret!

If you can though, check out the pages in the 20's and 30's. Some are numbered doubles, but with different info... Confused

I'm sure you're just trying to keep us on our toes... Dancing Very Happy Dancing

Haha! Oh, bless you Kassy . I feel a bit of a numpty, so thanks for making me laugh! Laughing

LL Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
After reading LouLou's new chapter, I pulled out a natural bristle brush that had come in some spa gift set that someone gave me a gazillion years ago and decided to give it a shot.....

...the verdict is that I LOVE it!!!

I was gentle (but not overly so), but was able to whisk off a ton of Retin-A flakes right off my face and arms....woo hoo! Boski and others have raved about brushing in the past, and I gave it a shot once or twice. But I wasn't able to REALLY see the benefits like I can now that I am shedding my skin like a snake. Rolling Eyes

Now I'm going to have to fully research skin brushing, get new brushes..... Very Happy

Well Bethany we must be bouncing ideas off each other at the moment, because yesterday I bought a dermaroller! Laughing

LL Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou,

I'm afraid I don't get all this at all. I'm stuck battling with Exercise 1. I pinch my cheeks - I have to do this in the same way that we would pinch a small child's cheeks (with my fingers folded because if I use the tips of my fingers my nails are too long and stick into my face). But I'm sure that I'm just grasping a huge dollop of fat - then what muscle am I suppose to be moving: "Now use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight up toward the centre of the eye" - do you mean smile or sniff with the nose or both?

As you can see, I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't feel any resistance - just a fatty face. Help please!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I dont see where pulling your face can be good for your skin! I can understand exercising and strengthening the underlying muscles that would give support and raise sagging flesh but pulling on skinscares me. I need to download the book and read it when I have time.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Pulling at your face is not a bad thing,I know the concern.....I had to reeducate myself about skin, massage, and facial exercises before I could understand how important and effective handling the face was.

Also in response to several posts concerning wrinkles in the forehead, "Frownies" are a wonderful tool for making those muscles lay flat during sleep and they can continued to be trained to do so by continued use.Also using "Frownies on the upper face has an effect on the lower face Very Happy
Toby
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Well Bethany we must be bouncing ideas off each other at the moment, because yesterday I bought a dermaroller! Laughing

LL Very Happy

PM me if you need any guidance!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
bethany wrote:
LL,

My top 2 problems are jowl sagging and forehead wrinkles. I have 2 questions...

1. Can I do any extra reps of a specific exercise in order to help those mouth to chin furrows go away? If so, which exercise is best?

2. I have horizontal forehead wrinkles and some slight vertical lines between my eyebrows...will doing the brow exercises once a month be enough to eliminate those, or do I need to train those harder for a while?

Thanks!!

Hi Bethany Smile

For the mouth to chin furrows, I think the best approach is to do the cheek muscles (ie all of day 1,), plus exercise 7 Long Neck. A lot of sag in the lower face is flesh that's descended from the upper face, not the result of slack muscle at the site of the problem area, and pulling cheeks upwards, outwards and also giving more firmness to the buccinator (the muscle that pulls the cheeks inwards) will do more to redistribute the skin than exercising muscles like the triangularis that's right where the problem is, but doesn't do anything to pull the skin flat, turns the mouth corners down and is easy to overbuild. It has fibres attaching to the caninus (Sexy Beast) muscle, and that's a better place to pull up from The platysma muscle (Ex7)is attached to the skin along the jawline, exercising that will make the area hug the mandible more smoothly, and the triangularis will get enough work from assisting in that exercise. If you wanted to build the triangularis beyond tone, you could turn the mouth downwards as you perform the Long Neck exercise.

The forehead is an area I'm really torn about. The reason I suggest only doing it occasionally is because each time you make an expression (eg raise the brows) your muscles remain a little puckered which in turn pulls the skin into creases. As you strengthen the forehead you become more and more inclined to use it, which means you have a puckered muscle a lot of the time, and the forehead looks lined. Exercising the frontalis, especially with resistance exercise, will at the same time improve its condition so that it snaps back to its flat resting position better and better. If you don't mind living with the wrinkling that making the expression often will give you for a time you can exercise the frontalis more often, once a week should be enough though as it's not necessary to really build the frontalis to 'push out' the wrinkles... it's the condition/elasticity/tone of the muscle that will flatten it, which automatically eliminates the lines (a la botox!). I'm sorry I don't have a simple answer to your question, Bethany, but I really don't know the best way forward with the forehead. Either exercise it a lot, get faster long-term results but more wrinkling in the short term, or exercise it less often, allow it to gradually become smooth and look better as it happens. Or, of course, you could combine the two, exercise intensively for a few weeks before a special occasion, then stop altogether a month before the big day Confused

I don't exercise the corrugators (frown muscles)at all, as they're a small muscle, they don't need toning, and strengthening them just seems like a bad idea. I've found if you ignore them they go away, especially as the eye muscles get stronger and can do a lot of the squinting and concentrating expressions without leaving wrinkles.

Hope that helps a bit,

((((hugs)

Loulou

Thanks LL...I'll give that a shot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Loulou,

I'm afraid I don't get all this at all. I'm stuck battling with Exercise 1. I pinch my cheeks - I have to do this in the same way that we would pinch a small child's cheeks (with my fingers folded because if I use the tips of my fingers my nails are too long and stick into my face). But I'm sure that I'm just grasping a huge dollop of fat - then what muscle am I suppose to be moving: "Now use the muscle to lift the cheeks straight up toward the centre of the eye" - do you mean smile or sniff with the nose or both?

As you can see, I have no idea what I'm doing. I can't feel any resistance - just a fatty face. Help please!

Keliu, you never fail to crack me up .. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm glad to see I'm not the only mixed up 'elder' ... Embarassed Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loulou and other Flexers, wow, I'm excited about this! Very Happy I did FE regularly for about six months and then developed myofascial pain syndrome in my trapezius muscles and neck. After that, doing even the 'basic' FE exercises would bring on the pain. Hearing about a shortened, not-every-day program is encouraging, since I had to give up doing any of the FE exercises. Plus, I never got the hang of the ones where you put a finger inside the mouth. I'm really glad to hear you've found a way around that!
I'll order a copy and have a look.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi Loulou,

Hi Keliu Smile

Whatever way you pinch your cheek is fine... I do the same as you, but using three fingers was easier to show clearly on diagrams.

It doesn't matter at all what you're grasping when you pinch. There's no need to actually locate the muscle, just grip the fatty stuff!

Exercise 1 is for one head of the levator labii. Just relax your nose and maybe think of aiming the corners of the mouth right up towards the centre of the eyes. You won't be able to actually do that, and it will look terrible, but don't worry about that! The nose will wrinkle and you'll sort of smile, but both those expressions are being pulled along by the levator labii, not leading the movement.

Try to maintain your grip on the flesh as you make the expression, and you should feel the resistance. If not, pinch a little harder until it becomes difficult to move the muscle.

I hope that helps... do get in touch if not.

((((hugs)

LL Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
LouLou, thanks for sorting me out, and giving me a good hearty laugh to boot .. Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Loulou, that's a little clearer.

And Kassy - stop laughing, you're supposed to be pinching, pinching, pinching!
anila
5% products discount

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Can someone email me the pdf version of the book...i dont have a credit card plz plz plz Crying or Very sad
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Hi Loulou and other Flexers, wow, I'm excited about this! Very Happy I did FE regularly for about six months and then developed myofascial pain syndrome in my trapezius muscles and neck. After that, doing even the 'basic' FE exercises would bring on the pain. Hearing about a shortened, not-every-day program is encouraging, since I had to give up doing any of the FE exercises. Plus, I never got the hang of the ones where you put a finger inside the mouth. I'm really glad to hear you've found a way around that!
I'll order a copy and have a look.

Hi Chocolat Smile

I'm sorry to hear about your neck pain, that must be miserable for you. The book does have a much shorter routine, and very little that needs you to stress any joints, but if you'd like to PM me I can help you work round your problem area.

Thanks for your enthusiasm, it's lovely to hear! Very Happy

((((hugs)

LL Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Thanks Loulou, that's a little clearer.

And Kassy - stop laughing, you're supposed to be pinching, pinching, pinching!

Hi Keliu,

Please keep me posted... it's really helpful because I can see where I need to rewrite and clarify, and obviously to do my job right, I need to have you looking gorgeous Very Happy

Oh no, don't say funny things to Kassy because I've started laughing again now... just recovered from Kassy making me laugh a minute ago Laughing

((((hugs)

LL Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
LouLou, thanks for sorting me out, and giving me a good hearty laugh to boot .. Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Kassy, you are a very good natured person! Instead of cringing at my many botched attempts to send correct download I'm laughing every time I think about it Laughing . Bless you

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Kassy, you are a very good natured person! Instead of cringing at my many botched attempts to send correct download I'm laughing every time I think about it Laughing . Bless you

Ahhhhh! How sweet. We did have a few good laughs though didn't we? ... Laughing

You're not bad yourself ... Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |