Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Alley, thanks for the link! I know I've seen this site somewhere recently, must've been through this forum. His face is incredible, isn't it?! And wow, that scalp exercise! Sounds great, if I could ever manage it, to help with my drooping upper eye area. It seems so...advanced! I never was able to wiggle my ears!

The site you linked also has a name for the muscle in my other problem area - "buccolabial", I think. Isn't that one and the same as marionette lines? This is where I need some serious work.

Darn it, Alley, now I have to get serious about Kassy's eye serum, too! I saw the thread on this and have been reading it carefully. I've been using things here and there which are nothing special, one is very moisturizing and *okay*, but I know I have to find something really good. Your results with Dr. Kassy's may have pushed me over the edge!

I'll look over this site and its accompanying forum over the next few days - some really interesting information there. Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr, I know they have been discussing his exercises on the general Facial Exercise thread (for all program brands) on the Skincare board if you have any questions.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=17697

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
The reason the left side of our faces ages more quickly is because when we drive the sun hits that side. ( in the U.S. of course)I've started putting my sunvisor down on that side. It would be interesting to hear from our British friends whether their face seems older on the right.

I have one of those cling-on baby sunshields on my driver's window. (2 for $3.98 at Target)

While Ageless won't help my hyperpigmentation, hopefully it will help keep the collagen from breaking down as much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Oh goody goody Bethany. You deserve a lift from a busy work week-pun intended! Can't

I just saw this...that was a good one!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Magica wrote:
My right side looks worse than the left and I'm right handed, have never smoked and never drive with the window down (way too cold where I live) Confused I wonder what kind of stress caused that...

I don't know, it might be something else than stress, or it would show on your leftside (according to 'my theory' Cool )
Maybe you usually sleep on the rightside of your face?
It's interesting though, I have googled for some more information on this issue and have found some other women asking both the questions why their left- or either rightside of the face is more aged. Several give the answer of the sunexposure on the leftside of the face while driving a car, but there was someone-I think a doctor- who said that sun rays don't cause wrinkles. Question

I found an interesting article about emotions being linked to the leftside of the face:
http://www.sayitbetter.com/articles/sib_we_are_two_faced.php
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
can someone tell me how many pages this book from Loulou will print when you print it yourself (on one side) ?

thx
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Kandy,

there are 111 pages to be printed.
What I did was just print the pages with the exercises which start on page 63.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:11 am      Reply with quote
ok Debster thankx! Smile
that's a lot of pages, I could do the same thing and read the rest from the computer..
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Kandy,

there are 111 pages to be printed.
What I did was just print the pages with the exercises which start on page 63.

HTH

I did the same, but wish that I had printed them 2 per page so that the instructions and the pic are on the same piece of paper. (make sure you account for any blank pages in advance of printing)

I also printed the pages that say "Day 1" and "Day 2", then stacked all the pages up in order...once I do Day 1, I put that section on the bottom of the stack, and know I have to do Day 2 the next time I exercise because Day 2 is now on top. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to say "Hi" to LouLou, if you're signing in wave and hope you are feeling fine after your surgery!! We're thinkin of you, mate!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I also printed the pages that say "Day 1" and "Day 2", then stacked all the pages up in order...once I do Day 1, I put that section on the bottom of the stack, and know I have to do Day 2 the next time I exercise because Day 2 is now on top. Very Happy

LOL - That's exactly what I did also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
deelighted wrote:
bethany wrote:

It is super simple but very effective...great minds think alike! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
zephyr I have been trying to wiggle my ears for 4 weeks if anyone figures out a trick to this please let me know. I have noticed in the last week I feel the muscles at the back of my head move when I do the eye brow lift exercise which means something is working.

You really have to try the eye serum it is the bomb.

Another theory as to the differences on the sides of our faces (according to my DH) is we generally chew our food and gum etc on one side. I did try to do extra LouLou exercises on my weak side, I will let you know if that helps Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, yes, those must have been the posts I was reading a few weeks ago with that gentleman's facial exercises. Thank you!

Alley, you are right about people generally favoring one side of the face over the other. I am very conscious of this, having had some serious dental work (back molars) over the years. Now I'm very careful to "distribute" my chewing, because I have to, Laughing My dentist explained this to me. I haven't noticed weakness on one side or the other while doing my exercises; maybe that's why? If at all, my right side might be a teeny bit stronger, and I'm right-handed, too.

Maybe if I keep trying, I'll be able to feel the muscles in my scalp. Sounds like a major endeavor! I always thought it was an inherited trait. And nobody in my family can do it, but several of my BILs do it to entertain the kids. I'll check out their foreheads and brows carefully in the future, haha!

The past week or so I've really noticed more strength in my facial muscles. At first I thought that in the beginning it was there and I didn't feel it, as I was concentrating more on doing the exercises correctly, but now I think it's because those muscles are beginning to respond. Let's hope so!

Otherloulou, hope you're resting up and feeling better! We love you! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:58 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Just want to say "Hi" to LouLou, if you're signing in wave and hope you are feeling fine after your surgery!! We're thinkin of you, mate!
#

Hi Fawnie,

Thank you sweetheart, I am signing in, keep wanting to post things and then thinking arrgh who do I reply first, cos if I run out of steam it will be very rude and unhelpful to answer some posts and not others.... so I'm answering yours! I'm well, bruised, up and down in energy, but have two nostrils to breathe through and columnella now between nostrils instead of several mm below it... yay!

(((((hugs) to you and all the rest of the face-pulling rabble

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! This is my first post in here.

I've downloaded the book 4 days ago and today is my 3rd day doing the exercises. I've noticed from the previous posts that some of you have noticed changes on the 3rd day. However, this is not I want to talk about. I have sleep apnea and I'm the type where there are flesh inside my nose physically blocking the airflow into my lung. After I've finished my exercise tonight, I've noticed that I can actually breathe as if nothing is blocking my nose. I'm thinking perhaps I've exercised the right muscle which has lifted up whatever is blocking my nose.

I wonder if any of you have experienced the same thing?

I love the book and I enjoy doing the exercises as well. I will definitely continue the routine. Thank you Loulou! Very Happy
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
General comments about ear-wiggling and Tom's facial exercises. Hope this doesn't sound abrupt but getting it down before I run out of steam Very Happy

Ear wiggling is a really good thing, I think, and you can learn to do it... my daughter did. Here are her hints.

a. when you raise your eyebrows, try to engage the muscle right at the base of the scalp (this is the occitipalis, really the same muscle as the one that raises them on the forehead, but there's lots of tendony stuff over the main part of the scalp that divides them. It's only practice that stops anyone feeling that one a bit). My daughter put her hand on the crown of the head because she said it made it easier.

b. after a while you will notice that your ears are moving when you raise tyour eyebrows

c. after a while again she could do it without raising her brows.

Once you can move them, they'll get a nice spring in them to keep your forehead smooth and hold the brows up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Apart from the scalp, which I don't deal with, my programme exercise every muscle you need. You don't need to do extra exercises, unless you prefer to substitute one where you find mine is difficult or if there's another one for the same muscle. I haven't left anything out to save time, so if there seems to be something missing, it's either not beneficial or it isn't missing!

The 'wish' exercise affects the under eye as much as any other part of it... there's only one (big) muscle) surrounding the eye, and you can't exercise any one part of it more than another. It doesn't matter where on the muscle you actually grasp the flesh or apply resistance, above, below, outer corner, inner corner, the whole muscle is worked equally effectively. 'Wish' has you grasp outer corner because then you're more certain of getting all the fibres of the muscle.

So, there is an exercise for under the eye!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:36 am      Reply with quote
betsyaida wrote:
hallow and loose under eye area with falling apples of cheeks

I love love love ageless been at it for 3 or 4 weeks i can’t remember exactly how long. It is so effortless, fun, feels soo good. I see amazing improvements in my mid cheek area that was really making me look old they are lifting and my upper eye lids/brows are more lifted so that I have less folds in my eye lids and look more refreshed. Over all my whole face looks perkier. I will do this forever. I can’t wait until I have the exercises down pat where I don’t need the videos and book to cue me. Thank you sooo much for the video it makes a world of a difference.

I sure would love to be put on an email list that will notify me when you update the book and videos.

I have a question regarding the under eye area: I really am unsure what exercises in ageless, if any, are available to help fill in and firm my under eye area. Specifically starting at the cheekbone ridge by the apples of cheekbone (where you can actually feel the bone of the eye socket) up to the soft tissue just below the bottom of the eye lid). That area is a bit hallowed and a bit loose too which makes me look a lot older than I am and fatigued/stressed out looking.

Perhaps I will see the results I am looking for when the apples of the cheeks get firmer and start to lift back up toward my under eye area instead of drooping. I think the fallen apple part of my cheekbone is the part that is effecting the under eye area the most. So maybe an additional question would be which exercise will target the apple part of the cheekbones firming it while also lifting it so I have less bags/sagginess in the under eye area?

I do a lot of pinching and pulling in that area and it feels divine. I am actually seeing improvements but I think it is mainly from the extremely deep massaging and pinching I do there. I am wondering if any of the ageless exercises address this area, it doesn’t seem like any of the exercises do, but I might be wrong, if I am right and there isn’t an excise that targets that area does anyone have any suggestions.

I have taken before ageless photos and when I hit 3 months I will take another set and post them.

otherloulou: If it ever becomes something that you believe needs to be included… it would be really great if each individual exercise in the book could include what each individual exercise targets the most and the 2nd and 3rd benefits that are targeted (if any others). Especially the ones that say occasional extras.

I realize it should be really obvious for some of the exercises, exactly what is targeted, but for example the numerous cheek exercises all target different parts of the cheek which affects the out come of the cheek appearance as the months go by and you continue to exercise. If one is seeing benefits and really wants to target specific parts of the cheek and stop focusing on areas that need less work the additional info would help us figure this out.

Good look on your surgery otherloulou we will all be pining for you.

Hi Betsyaida,

We have pmed each other, but I'm reproducing my reply here
To answer your questions (as best I can), the eye exercise 'wish' will exercise the muscle of the entire area, above and beneath the eyes, as the eye muscle is circular, so the whole area contracts during the exercise.

Thank you for your feedback about drawing attention to the different areas of the face being afgfected by an exercise. At the moment, the muscle to be used during each exercise is labelled on the right hand side of the diagram showing finger position, but I can see that more explanation of this would make it clearer. When you come to the stage where you'd like to focus more on some areas than others, chapter 3 deals with the muscles in more detail.

The exercises that deal with the cheeks can be thought of as the hands on a clock... the first four exercises target, rioughly, the positions 1 o'clock, 2, 3 and 4.

The area under the eyes should flatten out fairly quickly... the loose flesh here is actually attached to muscle and tightens up quite effectively.

I hope this help, I'll post on the EDS thread as well, so that other people can chime in.

(((((hugs) LL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:40 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
deelighted wrote:
bethany wrote:

Ha ha....make me #3 that uses this method!! I seriously would forget by the next day which set I did the day before if I didn't do that!! Laughing
I have been trying to move my ears as well for the last few days and I think I may have seen a hint of movement but my "movement" seems to involve more muscles than just raising the eyebrows....I have to open my mouth a bit tensing my jaw and I also tense the muscles in the back of my neck....but I can feel the scalp in the back of my head moving and a barely noticeable movement in the ears....never thought in a million years I would be sitting here trying to master the art of ear wiggling! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:
bethany, yes, those must have been the posts I was reading a few weeks ago with that gentleman's facial exercises. Thank you!

Alley, you are right about people generally favoring one side of the face over the other. I am very conscious of this, having had some serious dental work (back molars) over the years. Now I'm very careful to "distribute" my chewing, because I have to, Laughing My dentist explained this to me. I haven't noticed weakness on one side or the other while doing my exercises; maybe that's why? If at all, my right side might be a teeny bit stronger, and I'm right-handed, too.

Maybe if I keep trying, I'll be able to feel the muscles in my scalp. Sounds like a major endeavor! I always thought it was an inherited trait. And nobody in my family can do it, but several of my BILs do it to entertain the kids. I'll check out their foreheads and brows carefully in the future, haha!

The past week or so I've really noticed more strength in my facial muscles. At first I thought that in the beginning it was there and I didn't feel it, as I was concentrating more on doing the exercises correctly, but now I think it's because those muscles are beginning to respond. Let's hope so!

Otherloulou, hope you're resting up and feeling better! We love you! Very Happy

Than you Zephyr

I don't think doing a lot of work on the bucco-labial area will help your marionette lines, as it isn't slack muscle that causes them, rather an excess of flesh that's drifted down from the upper parts of the face. I used to do loads of work for the muscles of the lower face, but once the muscles are firm there, it simply builds the area up without any gain in terms of smoothing. I've since let that area go and it looks much better. Like most negative features typical of ageing, mariomnette lines are a result of downward-inward movement of flesh, and need to be addressed with upward/outward.

(((((hugs) LL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:47 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
bethany wrote:
deelighted wrote:
bethany wrote:

Ha ha....make me #3 that uses this method!! I seriously would forget by the next day which set I did the day before if I didn't do that!! Laughing
I have been trying to move my ears as well for the last few days and I think I may have seen a hint of movement but my "movement" seems to involve more muscles than just raising the eyebrows....I have to open my mouth a bit tensing my jaw and I also tense the muscles in the back of my neck....but I can feel the scalp in the back of my head moving and a barely noticeable movement in the ears....never thought in a million years I would be sitting here trying to master the art of ear wiggling! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ooooh, hi Bren! Lovely to see you here at the same time as me!"

That sounds very good news about your ears... don't worry about moving other things, you're on your way! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:49 am      Reply with quote
A bit OT but still on looking good for your age Very Happy

I was watching oprah the other day with Dr Oz doing a show on antiaging and was gobsmacked at this lady when she said her age

The one on the left is 60!
http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/slideshow1_ss_oz_20080205

She looks so young and fresh faced, when she first came on screen i thought she was 30! amazing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Magica wrote:
charis wrote:
Magica, I have the same thing. I was starting to think I was the only one!

Well, aren't we a couple of weirdos! Laughing

My right side doesn't respond as well to exercise as the left side either. So with all this training, I'm worried about ending up with one side that looks 20 years younger than the other. Laughing

Weirdo here too, Magica and Charis Laughing

The muscles should even out over time, try thinking of the weaker side when you're exercising. My face is so wonky, it took my surgeon ages to work out how we were going to fit a straight my septum in the middle of my face Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Hey LouLou!! It's early here in Wisconsin!! ha ha...but I am always up early, I am a creature of habit and spent my college days getting up at 4am....can't seem to break it but no worries, I love early mornings anyway!

But yes these last few days I have been trying to concentrate more on my left side as I am doing the exercises. I am certain my left side will catch up eventually....I have also been concentrating on massage and brushing more...my face feels and looks fabulous after the brushing!! It's amazing....

Anyway, glad to see you are getting up and around after your surgery. My sis had nose surgery a few years ago as well for a deviated septum so I can sympathize a bit what you are going through at the moment. She looked a tad like the after effects of a bar room brawl at first, but it was all worth it in the end!! Wink

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |