Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 949
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Hey LouLou!! It's early here in Wisconsin!! ha ha...but I am always up early, I am a creature of habit and spent my college days getting up at 4am....can't seem to break it but no worries, I love early mornings anyway!

But yes these last few days I have been trying to concentrate more on my left side as I am doing the exercises. I am certain my left side will catch up eventually....I have also been concentrating on massage and brushing more...my face feels and looks fabulous after the brushing!! It's amazing....

Anyway, glad to see you are getting up and around after your surgery. My sis had nose surgery a few years ago as well for a deviated septum so I can sympathize a bit what you are going through at the moment. She looked a tad like the after effects of a bar room brawl at first, but it was all worth it in the end!! Wink

_________________
Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 1170
Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Hoping your recovery is going well LouLou and that you will be breathing easier soon. I am now closing in on about a month of doing AGELESS. My question is about lifting the area just below the corners of the lower lips. I don't have "jowls" but rather looser skin and wrinkling there. Do you recommend any particular exercise for that? I have been putting my thumb in my mouth under that area, and trying to tighten the muscles as I press out with my thumb. Any thoughts? Thanks for your response and the time you give all us EDS girls!

_________________
Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 949
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Hoping your recovery is going well LouLou and that you will be breathing easier soon. I am now closing in on about a month of doing AGELESS. My question is about lifting the area just below the corners of the lower lips. I don't have "jowls" but rather looser skin and wrinkling there. Do you recommend any particular exercise for that? I have been putting my thumb in my mouth under that area, and trying to tighten the muscles as I press out with my thumb. Any thoughts? Thanks for your response and the time you give all us EDS girls!


Mighty interested in exercises for that area as well!!! Now what is this thumb exercise you are speaking of? Is that from another exercise program?

_________________
Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
smasma wrote:
Hi Everyone! This is my first post in here.

I've downloaded the book 4 days ago and today is my 3rd day doing the exercises. I've noticed from the previous posts that some of you have noticed changes on the 3rd day. However, this is not I want to talk about. I have sleep apnea and I'm the type where there are flesh inside my nose physically blocking the airflow into my lung. After I've finished my exercise tonight, I've noticed that I can actually breathe as if nothing is blocking my nose. I'm thinking perhaps I've exercised the right muscle which has lifted up whatever is blocking my nose.
I wonder if any of you have experienced the same thing?

I love the book and I enjoy doing the exercises as well. I will definitely continue the routine. Thank you Loulou! Very Happy


Wow, smasma, that's wonderful! my DH would love it if I would stop snoring...I will have to keep working at it to see if I can find the same muscle to open my nasal passages. Welcome here!

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
smasma
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
smasma wrote:
Hi Everyone! This is my first post in here.

I've downloaded the book 4 days ago and today is my 3rd day doing the exercises. I've noticed from the previous posts that some of you have noticed changes on the 3rd day. However, this is not I want to talk about. I have sleep apnea and I'm the type where there are flesh inside my nose physically blocking the airflow into my lung. After I've finished my exercise tonight, I've noticed that I can actually breathe as if nothing is blocking my nose. I'm thinking perhaps I've exercised the right muscle which has lifted up whatever is blocking my nose.
I wonder if any of you have experienced the same thing?

I love the book and I enjoy doing the exercises as well. I will definitely continue the routine. Thank you Loulou! Very Happy


Wow, smasma, that's wonderful! my DH would love it if I would stop snoring...I will have to keep working at it to see if I can find the same muscle to open my nasal passages. Welcome here!


Hi Fawnie! Thank you for welcoming me here! I was very surprised last night after I did Day 1 and those Occasional Extras. It was my first night to do the Occasional Extras though. I immediately felt that I could breathe easily! I've downloaded the book simply want to get rid of the wrinkles on my forehead. If it can also clear my nose then that's awesome!! Laughing
slh
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 28
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky ones who saw results in 3 days. I have been doing for about 5 days but nothing yet but giving it at least a month before throwing in the towel. Actually committed to doing 3 months to see if I can benefit from this.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
carolb69 wrote:
A bit OT but still on looking good for your age Very Happy

I was watching oprah the other day with Dr Oz doing a show on antiaging and was gobsmacked at this lady when she said her age

The one on the left is 60!
http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/slideshow1_ss_oz_20080205

She looks so young and fresh faced, when she first came on screen i thought she was 30! amazing!


I found this from the same show:

If you're over the age of 40, Dr. Oz recommends adding two baby aspirins to your daily regime. "We know it's very effective in reducing heart disease, very effective in reducing cancer. We think it might actually reduce wrinkles. There's a lot of things aspirin might do that are beneficial to you not only because it thins your blood, but it's a very powerful anti-inflammatory drug."
zephyr
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Posts: 113
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Loulou, thank you for your reply - I've been out all day and am just seeing it now. Glad to see you're back here, must mean you're feeling better!

Okay, I will just keep concentrating on the program to get my droopy skin back up and off my jawline. Be gone, jowliness!

_________________
51; dark blonde-light brown (with a lot of help!), blue-green eyes; very light skin, oily t-zone... Loving Ageless facial exercises!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 949
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I hear ya Zephyr!!! I wish my jaw skin would hike back where it came from. I have lost a lot of volume in my cheeks in a short time and my fatty cheek pads below my eyes are nearly non-existent now unless I smile....needless to say I have been "smiling" a lot these days!! Laughing

That fat loss has caused all my problems around my mouth (NL's, marionettes, slight jowliness) I am hoping these exercises will build my cheek area back up...is there hope for me LouLou or am I just wishful thinking? sigh..... Confused

_________________
Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
essq2w3e4r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 181
Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just started doing the exercises and I noticed that i get some bruising which goes away after 2-4 days. Is that normal or am i pinching too hard?

_________________
Asian, fair-skin with slight yellowish tone, late forties, some freckles, normal skin that used to be a little oily but is now tend to be on the dry due to aspirin?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 426
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I was focusing extra on my upper lip and I must of gotten carried away because it did bruise. I just backed off in that area until it gets better - it also happened to be a really painful bruise. The areas that I was just doing normally did not bruise. If you bruise, I would take it easy.
mowgli
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 May 2008
Posts: 218
Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
oh no, just read that some of you are getting bruising! i've just done my first set day 1, and my face is sore. Have I overdone it or should it feel sore? Bearing in mind I've never done facial exercises before.

Also, those of you with oily skin, do you have trouble keeping your skin between your fingers? That chunk of flesh just keeps on sliding out of my grasp :S
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
slh wrote:
Lucky ones who saw results in 3 days. I have been doing for about 5 days but nothing yet but giving it at least a month before throwing in the towel. Actually committed to doing 3 months to see if I can benefit from this.


Oh my yes! Give it a good 3-4 months. It took that long for me to really notice that my cheeks were plump at last! The eye area seems to be one that most ppl notice first, but everyone is different! Do not be discouraged, little one! And keep in mind that the exercise and massage are revving up the circulation at the very least. Make the exercise/massage part of your daily routine and soon you will notice subtle changes....then big changes. Stay with it!

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
slh
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 28
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie - thanks, I know I am so a "want it now" type of person and need to wait. I have done massage a couple of times but not every day but will try to add that as well. It is not like 3 or 4 months is that long.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 272
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
oh no, just read that some of you are getting bruising! i've just done my first set day 1, and my face is sore. Have I overdone it or should it feel sore? Bearing in mind I've never done facial exercises before.

Also, those of you with oily skin, do you have trouble keeping your skin between your fingers? That chunk of flesh just keeps on sliding out of my grasp :S


hi mowgirl
i've been facial excercising for 2 years. being sore is GOOD it means you're using your muscles! (like the soreness after a workout). So, no, I am SURE you haven't over done it! And as far as bruising - i've bruised myself a few times (always in the upper lip) the first time i was like Shock OMG i've irrepairably damaged myself -- now i roll my eyes when i see the bruising (kind of like, you idiot the lip leans really got the best of you last night) it heals SO QUICKLY!
Also, i have oily skin and a good remedy (assuming you've washed and dried your face and not put on any moisterizer/oil (which obviously causes slippage)) is to put a piece of tissue between your finger and the area your working! it allows for a good hold -- hope it works.

oh, also, to those who are either seeing or not seeing resuts measured in DAYS - it's really not fair to yourself or the program to have such unrealistic expectations- we wouldn't expect to transform our bodies in 5 days. I'm wating for LOULOUs book, but i know facial excercise - if you give it time IT WORKS!!!
goodluck
m
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
slh wrote:
Fawnie - thanks, I know I am so a "want it now" type of person and need to wait. I have done massage a couple of times but not every day but will try to add that as well. It is not like 3 or 4 months is that long.


I do the facial massage when I first wake up - before getting out of bed. The alarm goes off and I start massaging. I have never bruised but I'm not a bruiser Wink.
I also use a cotton hankie or similar to hold on to skin for a better grip. My skin is oily and it is hard on my fingers to grip well without the help of the hankie.

I've never really felt sore per se after facial exercise; more like I could feel that I've worked over my face - Yes! those muscles ARE there - I know it because I can sense them. But sore no and I really grip and pull. I've started the same on my hands and hope to build them up as well. I must look like a wierdo walking around pulling on my hand skin Shock
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 2284
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, hey that's a good idea to start massaging before you even get out of bed! No excuses then!

LOL@ "weirdo"........if they could see all of us pulling and pushing at our skin...making faces and using LED blinking lights...putting all manner of glop and goo that we mix up in our kitchens on our skin.......and then taking pictures of ourselves and comparing!!!!!! OMG I just wet my pants!!!!

_________________
✪ My go-to products: MyFawnie.BigCartel.com ✪
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
slh wrote:
Fawnie - thanks, I know I am so a "want it now" type of person and need to wait. I have done massage a couple of times but not every day but will try to add that as well. It is not like 3 or 4 months is that long.


I do the facial massage when I first wake up - before getting out of bed. The alarm goes off and I start massaging. I have never bruised but I'm not a bruiser Wink.
I also use a cotton hankie or similar to hold on to skin for a better grip. My skin is oily and it is hard on my fingers to grip well without the help of the hankie.

I've never really felt sore per se after facial exercise; more like I could feel that I've worked over my face - Yes! those muscles ARE there - I know it because I can sense them. But sore no and I really grip and pull. I've started the same on my hands and hope to build them up as well. I must look like a wierdo walking around pulling on my hand skin Shock


Sister Sweets, have you committed all the exercises to memory, or do you still have to follow the DVD?
essq2w3e4r
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Posts: 181
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
somehow my bruises are not sore...just red spots on my cheeks.
BTW, have any of you used BQ and the ageless exercises togther? I have been warming my muscles with the BQ, before I do the exercises...much like when I do weight training at the gym, my trainer always wants me to "warm-up" first so my muscles are more flexible. I wonder if this concept applies on the face as well? Question

_________________
Asian, fair-skin with slight yellowish tone, late forties, some freckles, normal skin that used to be a little oily but is now tend to be on the dry due to aspirin?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Sep 2005
Posts: 1025
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
sistersweets i saw that on the show too. Must remember to add aspirin to my shopping list.Smile

Re the bruising i dont bruise but i do get left with red indents in my face for quite some time after. So i cant do it before going out somewhere. I usually do mine at night in front of the telly.

_________________
39, in Australia, using retin a, Skin actives I Bright and Antiaging Cream, change sunscreen regularly currently.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 949
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
somehow my bruises are not sore...just red spots on my cheeks.
BTW, have any of you used BQ and the ageless exercises togther? I have been warming my muscles with the BQ, before I do the exercises...much like when I do weight training at the gym, my trainer always wants me to "warm-up" first so my muscles are more flexible. I wonder if this concept applies on the face as well? Question


I do my exercises after my LightStim but never thought about the warming up of the muscles before the exercises...good point!


Quote:
LOL@ "weirdo"........if they could see all of us pulling and pushing at our skin...making faces and using LED blinking lights...putting all manner of glop and goo that we mix up in our kitchens on our skin.......and then taking pictures of ourselves and comparing!!!!!! OMG I just wet my pants!!!!



Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing My kids are now accustomed to my pulling, massaging, lighting and slathering.....soon I will be STOP zapping and I am sure they wont bat an eyelash at that! ha ha....they will probably be " Rolling Eyes " at what gizmo Mom is trying out NOW!!!!


As far as seeing results after 3 days...not sure anyone has seen anything that quickly here....I can say though after 3 days for myself, my cheeks were a bit sore and I just knew something was working....after a month, I have noticed some great improvement in my eye area and a tiny bit of lift in the lower face. So don't give up! Keep plugging along!!!

_________________
Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
slh
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 28
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I do not think anyone is expecting results in 3 days but think that got started when a few people mentioned noticing a small difference in 3 days. I have not bruised either just get the fingernail indents. I am going to try the tissue grip technique.
deelighted
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Posts: 51
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
LOL@ "weirdo"........if they could see all of us pulling and pushing at our skin...making faces and using LED blinking lights...putting all manner of glop and goo that we mix up in our kitchens on our skin.......and then taking pictures of ourselves and comparing!!!!!! OMG I just wet my pants!!!!


I have to do these things when nobody else is home. My Daughter and my Husband would wet their pants laughing at me if they only knew! LOL

_________________
52, fair, brown hair, green eyes. Oily t-zone, large pores
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Posts: 505
Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
Also, those of you with oily skin, do you have trouble keeping your skin between your fingers? That chunk of flesh just keeps on sliding out of my grasp :S


my own experience has taught me that the exercises are much easier to do for those of us with oilier or firm skin, if you wear a pair of thin cotton gloves, the kind advocated for wearing to bed after slathering your hands with cream.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 949
Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I use medical vinyl gloves I get from work...they have textured finger tips which I find helps a ton when grabbing my face.

_________________
Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch Tanda ZAP - White Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items)