Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bren, I really MUST answer your long PM!!!! I've had a crisis ten days workwise Sad I've only done the LLs and two Yoga Face exercises - the bunny twitch and the lower lid twitch. I must say I was very surprised looking at these pics. The widest portion of my face is about 1.5 inches higher. It's amazing really BUT I can feel something hard under the wide area. I am guessing muscle although this just seems absurd. I'm very pleased with this of course, but can't quite figure out the eyelid thing. One thing it could be is lack of Botox (?) I had Botox in there for a couple of years but now don't.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ha ha....thats ok Very Happy But I was starting to wonder if you had forgotten about me!! Wink
I have been busy myself and have been working every day of the week. They actually canceled me this evening for my PM so I was thrilled I could get back in to my facial routine. I have really missed Ageless and the Stim these last few days that I haven't done them. And of course, I had the guilt associated with not doing them! ha ha...they have become so normal to me these days I feel a bit lost without them. But I really want my cheeks to head the same way yours are and would like to see them built back up. That would address several issues I am having at the moment with facial sag....as far as my eyes really responding to these exercises, I have been doing the brow lift one quite a bit (where you pinch above the eyebrow)...the one that is in the "extra's"....I know she was iffy on putting that one in the regular routine, but I feel that it really helps the lift the eye lid so I throw that one in on my Day 2 exercises....haven't had any adverse reactions from doing them frequently and hopefully it stays that way!! Laughing

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Magica, I'm not sure about the copyright laws/ettiquette regarding posting an exercise from a book on a forum. Do you know?

if you.or anyone else knows ...would you please post the answer..

if it is okay i would be glad to post the 'tush' exercise from the callanetics book...otherwise i'll post the title of the book and the page number tomorrow.

(i'm a little worried that it may be off topic..i only brought it up because this thread had been focusing on Loulou's tush cheek exercises as well as her face cheek exercises..which led me to 'research' tush exercises in this callanetics book in the first place!..perhaps i will start a new thread on it if it turns out that it is okay to post the actual exercise.)

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:36 am      Reply with quote
mlrox posted in another thread that you can pm loulou for a few exercises to try first before purchase the book. Which one is loulou's user name? I pm'd someone called otherloulou the other day, but I'm afraid she might not be the same loulou of ageless.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Freya

Actually I see someone else has suggested what I was going to suggest, which is massaging the forehead. You can do the massage as per Loulou's books, but you can also do smoothing strokes using both your hands, lightly resting on the skin in the centre of your forehead and sweeping outwards lightly. This feels wonderful, its done lightly and you do stretch the skin a little when you do the sweeping (but in stretching the skin slightly, your enabling the tissue to release the tension). Another thing from FE, is lightly tapping the forehead. Simply like your playing the piano, lightly tap your finger across the forehead.
Freya wrote:
Any advice from LouLou or anyone else would be much appreciated...

I have been doing these exercises for about 3 weeks, and I really like how my face feels after each session. I am only doing exercises 1-10, not any of the additional extras forehead exercises. However, I am having a lot of trouble with tension in my forehead, to the point that the muscles above the eyebrows are in visible knots.

How could I help those muscles relax? Am I making it worse by working the rest of my face and not that area?

Thank you for any advice!! Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
mlrox posted in another thread that you can pm loulou for a few exercises to try first before purchase the book. Which one is loulou's user name? I pm'd someone called otherloulou the other day, but I'm afraid she might not be the same loulou of ageless.

ruk1 - otherloulou is the one to PM about Ageless. otherloulou is LouLou, the author of Ageless.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Bren21, thanks for your comment/idea about throwing in the extra brow exercise on Day 2 of Ageless exercises. I think I'm going to try that, too. I want my upper eyelids/eye area lifted more, too (stamping foot) and even though the regular exercise is good, I want to push things along a bit!

Everyone, for the first time I'm noticing my cheeks lifting, a slightly sculpted lifting... Woohoo! That means other things (saggy lower face) will lift eventually, too! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

ruk1 - otherloulou is the one to PM about Ageless. otherloulou is LouLou, the author of Ageless.

Ruk1, LouLou recently had surgery, so I am sure that is why you may not have heard from her quickly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Massage question for Sean:

Do you feel the pinching - heavier duty massaging of the skin is what causes the thickening, collagen increase or do you feel the light tapping and forehead maassage as mentioned below will also get you the thickening, skin changes, etc.? I know many are nervous about the excess pulling,pinching.

thanks.
Sis

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Freya

Actually I see someone else has suggested what I was going to suggest, which is massaging the forehead. You can do the massage as per Loulou's books, but you can also do smoothing strokes using both your hands, lightly resting on the skin in the centre of your forehead and sweeping outwards lightly. This feels wonderful, its done lightly and you do stretch the skin a little when you do the sweeping (but in stretching the skin slightly, your enabling the tissue to release the tension). Another thing from FE, is lightly tapping the forehead. Simply like your playing the piano, lightly tap your finger across the forehead.
Freya wrote:

I have been doing these exercises for about 3 weeks, and I really like how my face feels after each session. I am only doing exercises 1-10, not any of the additional extras forehead exercises. However, I am having a lot of trouble with tension in my forehead, to the point that the muscles above the eyebrows are in visible knots.

How could I help those muscles relax? Am I making it worse by working the rest of my face and not that area?

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Magica,

i'm going to post the name and page number of the book i got the callanetics 'tush' exercises i'm now doing ...(in conjunction with Loulou's tush exercises).

The book is called "Callanetics for Your Back"..and the exercise is on page 125.

I'll post more about this in the future on a seperate thread

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I want to thanks Loulou for her wonderful book, i'm on my third weeks and really love it, i can see a little improve around my checks and eyes.

I bought this brush last week in a spa and the girl told me this brush is very good, use it dry never put water on it.

http://www.bernardjensen.com/product_info.php?products_id=187
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Loulou (or Sean)

or anyone else that has experience with this issue..

.....my neck skin is very 'turkey like'...really noticeably for the first time this year....

i've been reading from several different facial exercise experts that this loose neck skin can't be firmed through exercise.

is this your experience, too?

Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Magica,

i'm going to post the name and page number of the book i got the callanetics 'tush' exercises i'm now doing ...(in conjunction with Loulou's tush exercises).

The book is called "Callanetics for Your Back"..and the exercise is on page 125.

I'll post more about this in the future on a seperate thread

Thank you. I've been hearing some great stuff about callanetics lately, so I'm very interested. Smile

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! My first post here at EDS, yey! Been lurking for quite a bit.

Question for loulou, or anyone who knows I guess: what exercises are appropriate to "narrow" or "slim down" the face? My body is somewhat slim but my face is still kinda chubby, particularly the cheeks. In fact, I've been avoiding doing exercise 3 (happy cheeks) because the caption for it says "fuller cheeks" and i just want to lift my cheeks up and not make it fuller, if that makes sense. Should I still do that exercise?

I know that Maggio's Facercise has an exercise that purportedly narrows the face, and I've been doing that. But I find loulou's program to be more effective (my eye area has definitely responded quicky) and I wonder if she can recommend an exercise specifically to "narrow" the face and make it less chubbier.

Thanks everyone!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
milky wrote:
Hi everyone! My first post here at EDS, yey! Been lurking for quite a bit.

Question for loulou, or anyone who knows I guess: what exercises are appropriate to "narrow" or "slim down" the face? My body is somewhat slim but my face is still kinda chubby, particularly the cheeks. In fact, I've been avoiding doing exercise 3 (happy cheeks) because the caption for it says "fuller cheeks" and i just want to lift my cheeks up and not make it fuller, if that makes sense. Should I still do that exercise?

I know that Maggio's Facercise has an exercise that purportedly narrows the face, and I've been doing that. But I find loulou's program to be more effective (my eye area has definitely responded quicky) and I wonder if she can recommend an exercise specifically to "narrow" the face and make it less chubbier.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Milky, and welcome to EDS!

The Crush exercise (#6) will help create hollows under your cheeksbones, giving you the look of a thinner face. It has done wonders for me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:15 am      Reply with quote
zephyr wrote:

Everyone, for the first time I'm noticing my cheeks lifting, a slightly sculpted lifting... Woohoo! That means other things (saggy lower face) will lift eventually, too! Very Happy

congratulations, zephyr! Very Happy Very Happy
may I know how long you've been exercizing (and do you do only LL's excercises?) ?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Actually I think its a combo of all of thoses things... I think they all encourage the body to produce collagen and thicken the skin... and it sounds like a lot but as you yourself know, it doesn't take as long once you get into a routine. Also I always used to get people to touch the area with their fingertips before they massage, and then massage and do the same touch there after (kind of like the touch test in the FE book) and you can usually feel the warmth, feel the tissue has changed and it usually feels wonderful.

I know it sounds like a cop out answer, but I think they are all important parts that compliment each other and I am not sure that doing solely just one of the will encourage skin thickness or collagen production on its own... but combined its an awesome team!
sister sweets wrote:
Massage question for Sean:

Do you feel the pinching - heavier duty massaging of the skin is what causes the thickening, collagen increase or do you feel the light tapping and forehead maassage as mentioned below will also get you the thickening, skin changes, etc.? I know many are nervous about the excess pulling,pinching.

thanks.
Sis

SeanySeanUK wrote:
Freya

Freya wrote:

SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:28 am      Reply with quote
LOL well I have seen many people improve their necks through exercise and massage but it does take time (thats the dread word everyone hates but its true).

I always think no matter how bad a persons problem, it can to some extent be improved by exercise. The amount of improvement is conditional to the person, and their diet, sundamage etc which are all factors that the body has to deal with and so there is kind of only so much that exercising the body or face can do, but in my mind its a much healthier place to be.

With turkey necks, often its a selection of things like improper diet, poor posture (that ones really key, pay attention to how your head is placed on your neck, whether your neck is straight or leaning forward etc), as well as circulation issues etc. All of those factors though can be improved upon in my mind.

I think the experts that say there is no benefit from facial exercises are trying to compare facial exercises to having a cosmetic surgery procedure... for which of course it can't deliver those results at that same speed, but it can get pretty close in my mind.

Sean
jasminerosey wrote:
Loulou (or Sean)

.....my neck skin is very 'turkey like'...really noticeably for the first time this year....

i've been reading from several different facial exercise experts that this loose neck skin can't be firmed through exercise.

moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Loulou (or Sean)

hi jasminerosey -

i'd be curious to know which facial excercise experts are saying this, because i have direct experience with "turkey neck" and using facial excercise and massage to tighten it...

so an emphatic NO NO NO this is not my experience. my tureky neck is actually one of the first things to tighten when i began a facial excercise program - results weren't over night, but i saw improvment early enough to keep me motivated. also, i saw such amazing improvment in my neck, that i often got/get too lazy to do the excercises and instead only to the massage -
also, it sounds like your "turkey neck" has just begun i had watched mine go south for a good 5 years - you can fix that in NO TIME! - PM me if you want -

and if i could just make a brief comment about the question of massage in another post. I know it's scary to handle your face so aggresively, but everything we've been told about treating our face like a glass doll is FALSE. As i was having coffee w/ a friend the other day she said -- you have grown 2 years older, but you look 7 years younger...
deelighted
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
she said -- you have grown 2 years older, but you look 7 years younger...

Wow - that's an amazing testimonial for the work you have been putting into your skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Again...for Loulou or Sean

or anyone who has such info....

It was difficult for me to finally express that i have this aging neck 'issue', since i've been fortunate, and aging has never been a concern for me before this year ...

However, now that i've 'broken the ice' and brought up the issue, i'd like to be more specific.

The mid vertical 'band' of the skin on my upper neck is actually tight(and even more so now that i'm doing Ageless)...but it's the skin on either side of this mid vertical 'band' that is really loose and 'turkey-like'

and although i can feel the Ageless exercise effecting my whole neck, it seems as though it's more directly and forcefully targeting the mid vertical 'band' of the neck, which is not so much where my main problem is..

so my question is....are there exercises that target more directly the area on either side of this vertical 'band'?

I am, of course, massaging and tugging at the area(scary though..since the skin is already so loose)

EMR
5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Back again. Regarding my smaller eyes, no I'm not tired and the undereye area is very smooth. The lower lid has definitely raised itself upwards. I'll try to get a pic.

Antonia - read with interest that your lower eyelid was higher due to LL's facial ex. Exactly which excercise are you doing that is giving you that lift - which I need desperately. How long before you noticed that lift would you say?.....
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sean,

thanks so much for your response..it's really important and encouraging to me to know that it's possible to regenerate the skin on the neck with time

(actually the time element involved doesn't effect me negetively..since everything i know that's authentic and lasting tales 'time')

and yes..posture is an important factor in how my neck skin looks...and i've had to make sure i'm doing daily exercises that support the way i hold my head in relation to my body.

and diet is, for me, the most powerful beauty 'aid' by far ...with 'Ageless' coming in at an astonishingly powerful second place..

(it will be intersting to see if adding choice exercises from fe will enhance this process of regeneration even more)

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Moongodess,

thanks so much for your response....

it's one thing to hear that 'turkey-like' neck skin can be regenerated...and another to know someone who has actually accomplisheD that regeneration!

...i don't have the names of the two experts that recommended surgery for loose neck skin... saying that it couldn't be regenerated....

(...but one of them is a man in his mid seventies that was spoken about earlier in this thread (some of his exercises were posted here)...the other was another man who was also offering free facial exercises on the net...and i believe at one point he had been involved in FE.)

Meanwhile...it is astonishing to age 2 years..and have your friends tell you that you look 7 years younger!

i may well take you up on 'pm-ing' you as i go forward in this neck re-generating program.

ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
i am trying to decide the best way to get maximum muscle building and wondered what the best way of doing this would be

from what i know about the muscle growth process, a muscle grows through the process of the muscle fibers being damaged through being worked intensively and then during the repair process it grows

so with the face wouldnt we get better results from working different muscle groups on alternate days as in ageless rather than daily as in flexeffect. i know they are that way in ageless to save time, but if you arent interested in saving time but want best results as in biggest muscles (cheeks)maybe the muscles would actually get bigger from allowing more of a repair process?

i was thinking for a more intensive workout to add flexeffect exercises, eg. all ageless cheek and flexeffect ex one day, then rest of face ageless and flexeffefct the next

has anyone tried this or does anyone know which way would be more effective? thanks! getting married aug dont have much time!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |