Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Questions about Baby Quasar BLUE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi:

I tried searching topics on the Baby Quasar units but it seems like most of the discussions are about the Baby Quasar Red (Anti-aging) device. I want to learn about the Quasar BLUE (anti-acne) device.

Super-interested in buying this but have a few questions and would love for user feedback.

1. Did this work for your acne? Would you recommend?

2. Did this work for hormonal acne? I'm 28 and feel like my acne is hormonal--quite different from what I experienced as a teenager.

Thanks! I appreciate any kind of feedback!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
LL wrote:
Hi:

I tried searching topics on the Baby Quasar units but it seems like most of the discussions are about the Baby Quasar Red (Anti-aging) device. I want to learn about the Quasar BLUE (anti-acne) device.

Super-interested in buying this but have a few questions and would love for user feedback.

1. Did this work for your acne? Would you recommend?

2. Did this work for hormonal acne? I'm 28 and feel like my acne is hormonal--quite different from what I experienced as a teenager.

Thanks! I appreciate any kind of feedback!

I have the Baby Quasar and Baby Blue and love them both. I have hormonal acne and the red light just didn't quite get rid of those pesky breakouts. The Baby blue like the tanda works but the difference is (for me) the size of the light. The Tanda has more surface area and may be better for someone with more acne all over the face. The Baby Blue has a smaller surface and is great when you have only a few breakouts to deal with.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:

I have the Baby Quasar and Baby Blue and love them both. I have hormonal acne and the red light just didn't quite get rid of those pesky breakouts. The Baby blue like the tanda works but the difference is (for me) the size of the light. The Tanda has more surface area and may be better for someone with more acne all over the face. The Baby Blue has a smaller surface and is great when you have only a few breakouts to deal with.

Hi Rufus, so how does Baby Blue compare to Tanda in terms of effectiveness apart from the difference in size of the LED heads? I read from the Advanthera website that the blue light can only kill bacteria and it's the red light that actually regulate the sebum. So I'm afraid that the Baby Blue alone cannot get rid of my breakouts. Like LL, I'm 28 and my breakouts seem to be hormonal. I never had acne issues as teenager but suddenly started breaking out last year. And the breakout seems to calm down during winter. Do you think it's the blue light alone or the combination of blue and red lights that cleared your breakouts? TIA!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:08 am      Reply with quote
CK wrote:

Hi Rufus, so how does Baby Blue compare to Tanda in terms of effectiveness apart from the difference in size of the LED heads? I read from the Advanthera website that the blue light can only kill bacteria and it's the red light that actually regulate the sebum. So I'm afraid that the Baby Blue alone cannot get rid of my breakouts. Like LL, I'm 28 and my breakouts seem to be hormonal. I never had acne issues as teenager but suddenly started breaking out last year. And the breakout seems to calm down during winter. Do you think it's the blue light alone or the combination of blue and red lights that cleared your breakouts? TIA!

I do prefer the Baby Quasar but believe that both work. I just found the Tanda unit got a little bit too hot for me. I think it's the combination of both lights that work as the red light does more for your skin overall. If your budget is a concern the Tanda package is something to invest in and you get both lights. I found the red light alone didn't quite get rid of the hormonal breakouts so I got the Baby Blue and like the results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. Rufus, I think I read through your review of the Tanda, Lightsim, and BQ. You pretty much inspired me to get a Baby Blue.

I just bit the bullet and ordered one at EDS. I have mild but persistant acne and I'm just really sick on meds that only work temporarily. Plus, I think my body is just sick of all the acne medications and always reacts terribly once I'm off them.

I will keep everyone posted on how things progress. In the mean time, any other feedback, suggestions, and comments would be appreciated!
nha_fiz
5% products discount

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
i may coose tanda over this as it is more cheaper ..but is it as effective es this one..someone pls help me make the final decision Question Rolling Eyes

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |