Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
best cleanser to use with clarisonic?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Malishka31
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I dont have my clarisonic yet= it is in transit, but in the meantime I have been thinking about what cleanser exactly i should be using with it.

Not sure on what the rules and regulations are in terms of foaming, non foaming, creamy, etc...

Right now i have Obagi C-rx cleanser and I also Decleor Cleansing milk which i prefer.

What are you guys using with brush? what is best?
Saucy
5% products discount

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure that you can use just about any cleanser with it, so I'd go with your favorite.

For me, since the clarisonic does a deep clean, I didn't want anything that was going to be harsh. Also, I have sensitive skin and was having an issue with breakouts, so I have only used Cetaphil with it. It has not caused me to break out, but I have only used the clarisonic a handful of times because, as I said, I was having breakouts and didn't want to irritate my skin. Now that my skin is better, I would like to start using it again once a week - it is the only thing I've ever used that has gotten rid of the blackheads on my nose. The blackheads come back within a day, but then again, I have not used it daily. I have to say that every time I do use it, I am so amazed at how much better my nose looks without the blackheads. I had no idea it could even look that good (I've always hated my nose). I use the sensitive brush head and recommend starting with that one. I've read that the normal brush head is good for body use, but is too harsh for many to use on their face. I plan to try the delicate brush head because I hear it's even better for those with sensitive skin than the sensitive brush head.
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have sensitive skin,

but I have tried using several gel cleansers with the clarisonic and it was too harsh on my skin

I switched to Clarin's cleansing milk for combo/oily skin and now it's been a pleasure using the clarisonic.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I use the clarisonic with OSEA Ocean Milk.I do believe clarisonic can strengthen the effect of any cleanser. Very Happy
justinapan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:56 am      Reply with quote
All my friends said it's good. I maybe buy one next month(hope christmas sale)
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I think the recommendation is for a non-foaming cleanser. I think cleansing milks are ideal--I didn't like the Clarisonic cleanser at all. What I use is PSF's green tea cleansing milk, which is a gentle product designed for dry to normal skin. I think PSF is currently having a sale on all its products, in case you're interested.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've read many posters say they dont like the Clarisonic cleansers but I feel they are fine to use with the brush. I also use Cetaphil sometimes. I guess the key is to use a gentle and inexpensive one. I tried Caudalie cleansing milk but it left a little bit film feeling after rinsing. Confused
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I only use the Clarisonic cleansers on my T-zone.It can really clean my pore and exfoliate the excess sebum.
TheSkinGirl82
5% products discount

Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
You can use whatever you prefer. Just none with exfoliating beads. They can get stuck in the brush mechanics.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I used unscented cetaphil on my face with the clarisonic,however now I havent been able to buy it unscented but target sells the knockoff unscented cetaphil type product and I use that.Its cheap, cleans well and doesnt smell.
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
i heard that Clarisonic would make the skin sensitive
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I think it depend on the frequency you use.Once per week is different from daily use.So,don''t be afraid to have a sensitive skin. Cool
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
my friend use PSF Green Tea Cleansing Milk with her brush

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I started with Clarisonic cleanser that comes with the brush. When I run out, I switched to Cetaphil. They have about the same consistency. So far so good.
hoops2614_cn
5% products discount

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Would Clarisonic make the skin be sensitive?
I have seneitive skin,I don't have a try.
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
any foaming cleanser as long as it has no exfoliating beads or anything abrasive.

Lately, I;ve been using the aplha Hydrox cleanser with it and I love the results!

I like to use it with any cleanser that makes a lot of foam.
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
i like this product very much...I use the Clarisonic cleansers on my face.It can really clean my pore.
puppysha
5% products discount

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I heard that the pores can be washed very clean, and the follow-up products can be absorbed better.The sensitive skin can be used it.
I am very interested in this, but the price is too high.
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I think you can use all kinds of cleanser with Clarisonic brush.Now I'm using Cetaphil and Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser.It's for normal and oily skin. Both are very good.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I use CeraVe cleanser. It reminds me of Cetaphil, but it's SLS-free. You can find it at most U.S. drugstores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:01 am      Reply with quote
baby wrote:
I prefer the obagi cleanser myself. It really cleans out the pores I find.

errr just today you said "Obagi" is on your list of things to try!!! So how can this be preferred if you have yet to try it?. In other thread it was Neutrogena and cleansing pads for cleansing you mentioned. Rolling Eyes hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Fresh Soy Cleanser - its really gentle, non-foaming and it won't irritate your eyes (it can also be used, apparently, as a makeup remover but I use it for after makeup removal). I also only use the brush at night before i use any serums/treatments and i haven't found my skin to become more sensitive.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I think the recommendation is for a non-foaming cleanser. I think cleansing milks are ideal--I didn't like the Clarisonic cleanser at all. What I use is PSF's green tea cleansing milk, which is a gentle product designed for dry to normal skin. I think PSF is currently having a sale on all its products, in case you're interested.

I agree! I purchased this cleanser because of another thread that raved how well this cleanser works with the Clarisonic and I am certainly going to reorder. This is by far the best moisturizing cleanser that does not leave you oily. I have combo skin by the way.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sk2 Facial Cleanser... J'adore!! Skin always feels smooth after that and not dried up!

Decleor cleanser as well
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to update on my previous post.
Despite the high rave, after using Cetaphil with the brush for a month, my skin gets very sensitive. Now I realize a foamy cleanser, whichever brand, is the best to protect skin from unnecessary frictions.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |