Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
best cleanser to use with clarisonic?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
MMarble wrote:
I'll have to update on my previous post.
Despite the high rave, after using Cetaphil with the brush for a month, my skin gets very sensitive. Now I realize a foamy cleanser, whichever brand, is the best to protect skin from unnecessary frictions.

How often are you using the Clarisonic? It is best to start every other day or once a day to gauge how your skin reacts. Also, you aren't pushing hard with the brush when you do it right? This is bad, the brush does all the work, so you just want to hold it and let the Clarisonic do all the work. I really don't think a foaming cleanser will make a difference. Try cutting back and not pushing hard. Keep us updated.
littlecandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Is the Clarisonic cleansers really good ??I am thinking about to buy one.But for me,its expensive.

Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:19 am      Reply with quote
me too..it's a bit expensive..

but i keep hearing really really good things..

so any cleanser is good with it except ones with beads?
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:32 am      Reply with quote
I don't gather it would be a good idea to use say Karin Herzog's Professional cleanser or Dr.H Cleansing Cream with a Clarisonic. Do you think it would be ok to alternate. Say Clarisonic in morning and then Cleansing Cream at night???
Do you think a glycolic cleanser would be good with the Clarisonic? I want to try MD Forte 111.

And one more- do you sensitive skinned ladies like the delicate or sensitive brush more? I'm planning on picking one up most likely this weekend. Eeeeee!!! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
littlecandy wrote:
Is the Clarisonic cleansers really good ??I am thinking about to buy one.But for me,its expensive.

Sad

If you do a search on the clarisonic cleansers you will read from other members that they are VERY irritating. I was surprised to hear this since the Clarisonic is WONDERFUL! You would think they'd make cleansers just as good. In the same thread another memeber recommended PSF Green Tea Cleansing Milk. I purchased this product and am in love...in fact I need to order another bottle soon.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
After using Cetaphil with Clarisonic for about a month, I feel this combination is good enough. I actually like the nourishing cleanser from Clarisonic but not the other two. I only use the brush once a day and put a lot of cleanser on my face as well as on the brush. It cleans well and does not make my skin sensitive.
alphazy
5% products discount

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
i'm keen to try the cleanser and PSF Green Tea Cleansing Milk. Will post reviews after my trial (when i order and get those products!)
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
alphazy wrote:
i'm keen to try the cleanser and PSF Green Tea Cleansing Milk. Will post reviews after my trial (when i order and get those products!)

If you do order, ask them to send you some free samples with it. You can request what you want. They used to sell samples so I emailed them about it and they shipped me 3 for free from the list I sent them.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Now that you are using clarisonic, I advise you to use gentle cleansers, since clarisonic is already a deep cleanser.
At least, gentle cleansers is pretty safe. Many medical and effective ingredients may cause your skin to be sensitive.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
So no glycolic or salicylic acid at all?? I was so looking forward to buying MD Forte. Well I guess it does the mechanical exfoliation instead of chemical.
One quick question - Do you notice the little pores around your nose decongested? I always get pimples there and it is soo frustrating.
I'm waiting till mid-week to grab mine as I'm waiting for a cheque to come...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil, inexpensive and gentle, works super well with the brush
turkey1022
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 am      Reply with quote
WinnieHo wrote:
I only use the Clarisonic cleansers on my T-zone.It can really clean my pore and exfoliate the excess sebum.

I plan to buy the Clarisonic this week after reading all these posts. My skin is the combination type. The T-zone is oily but the cheeks are pretty dry. I think it's a good idea to use the Clarisonic on the T-zone.
kaykayo
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, for me, I have sensitive dry skin. I used Clarisonic for a while, and it works well on me.

I heard that Cetaphil is really good, but now I just use the Clarisonic sensitive cleanser. And it is good on me. Laughing
alphazy
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
has anyone ever done a comparison between this and dermanew?
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
alphazy wrote:
has anyone ever done a comparison between this and dermanew?

I personally have not used Dermanew, but do own the Clarisonic. They are really two different products. Dermanew is a wand and I think the treatment takes 3 minutes twice a day. It is supposed to help generate more collagen through the use of frequencies. The Clarisonic was made to clean your face better then when done by hand. I'd imagine that these two products would compliment each other, but I don't think you can compare them.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
lol it confused me for a while. i thought it was newderma, and i was like i have newderma, the microdermabrasion kit! lol
s77
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Many of my friends bought that, they said it's very useful when they started to use it. But this good feeling won't last for a long time. I prefer to wash my face in traditonal way. Wink
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I use my clarisonic 2x's a day with NCN's Rhassoul Bar... the foam the soap makes... makes the brush just glide... nice clean and soft face...

Didn't care for any of the sample cleansers that came with the clarisonic... felt stripping...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:

Didn't care for any of the sample cleansers that came with the clarisonic... felt stripping...

I am surprised that their cleansers have a lot of ingredients that are not good for your skin or even close to being natural. You would think the cleansers would be better since the Clarisonic is wonderful.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
It's best to avoid sodium lauryl sulfate in your skincare cleanser. And I try to get something that maintains a lower Ph level - more in keeping with natural skin.

A cleanser that has worked the best for me so far is from dianayvonne.com called Rose hips cleanser. Non-drying, works wonderful with Clarisonic and perfectly Ph balanced. Smells good too. Right now I'm using up the odds and ends of everything!
looco
5% products discount

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have a clarisonic but many of my friends love it. Most of them suggest using a foamy cleanser to avoid irritating the skin, and cleansers like Cetaphil with the brush would probably make your skin more sensitive.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely use a mild cleanser. I used to use the Clarisonic and didn't find anything magical about the cleanser that comes with it. Any mild cleanser will do.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
There is an older thread on people's fav cleansers to use with the Clarisonic:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27586

I have dry skin and my favorites so far are:

Leaf & Rusher Green Tea Wash
Size: 104ml / 3.5oz
Price: $37 USD
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/leaf-rusher-green-tea-was-p_8870.htm

Quote:
Description:
This extremely gentle soap-free cleanser is designed to thoroughly clean all skin types. It quickly removes cosmetics and oily build-up from pores that give the skin a tired, lifeless appearance. A combination of licorice extract and green tea act together to promote a healthy, glowing complexion. The cleanser finishes with natural moisturizing agents derived from oat bran, leaving the skin smooth and revitalized.

Enriched with the most prized ceremonial green tea, potent anti-oxidants, licorice to soothe and essential amino acids to cleanse, this gentle wash leaves skin beautifully cared for and well balanced. Grapefruit, bois de rose, and tangerine evoke a feeling of freshness and calm, promoting harmony of the senses with every cleansing.

Benefits:
- Perfect for all skin types.
- Advanced amino acid surfactants clean without soap.
- Dissolves makeup and dirt within seconds without stripping the skin.
- Leaves skin hydrated and balanced and ready to receive treatment.
- Ceremonial Green Tea acts as an antioxidant.
- Licorice Extract calms and comforts the skin.
- Naturally fragranced with Leaf & Rusher's signature blend of essential oils.
- Reduces redness, calms irritation
- Ideal for shaving

Directions For Use:
Wet face with water; squeeze a small amount into the palm of hand. Apply to face and neck in a circular motion, avoiding immediate eye area. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cetyl Triethylmonium Dimethicone PEG-8 Succinate, Sodium Chloride, Polyether-1, Avena Sativa (Oak) Kernel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool.

And Diana Yvonne's rosehip cleanser - you can buy a sample like I did at first atwww.dianayvonne.com

Quote:
Diana Yvonne Rosehip Cleanser
1oz. sample - $4; 4oz - $12; 8oz - $22

A natural vegetable oil based cleanser enriched with Rose Hip Seed Oil and essential oils. 5.5 pH

A powerful combination of rose hip seed, olive oil, seaweed, and over 70 essential oils provide a complete spectrum of skin protection every time you cleanse. The soap is 5.5 pH, same as your skin, and won't strip or damage the skins protective barrier.

Rose hip seed possesses remarkable skin rejuvenating properties, and is an exceptional treatment for overexposure to the sun, scars, stretch marks and pigment spots.

Seaweed extract conditions and hydrates skin, while providing nature's most complete source of vitamins and nutrients.

Essential oils, the "life-blood" of plants, infuse the skin with vitality and healing.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Olive Oil Castile, Vegetable Glycerine, Rosehip Seed Oil, Essential oils, Seaweed Extract.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I just got Clarsonic. I think I will use Cetaphil. Thank for sharing your experience.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser whit my Clarisonic and it's a good combo!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |