Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Has anyone tried skinceuticals C+AHA Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:19 am      Reply with quote
HI all
I"m just looking into the product, planning on buying a C serum. I recieved a sample of Cellex-C and really liked it. But I like that this one also has AHA. whats your review?
thanks Very Happy
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've like the samples that I've tried, and this is very good for people who are susceptible to acne - both for prevention and repair.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Like Caspers Mum, I've only tried a sample but I did like it and I think it's a convenient way to combine both into your routine (this is on my shopping list when I'm in the market for a new C serum). It's basically Serum 15 with 10% AHA in it so make sure that your skin can handle it (in terms of both of those concentrations). Which Cellex serum did you try?
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
ok guys i bought it.. and i love it!!!! my face is so clear.. i cut down on retin-A haven't had a zit in the longest time. very happy with this product. even tho i have very reactive skin. it's amazing at first there was a little burning but then skin looks faboo! hehe..
kaleni

Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone experienced crinkly skin from using C + AHA? I started to use it (had small fine line under eye) and now have lots of lines on both eyes. Have used HB Gel afterwards as well plus my thalgo moisturisers.

Is this expected and then will wonderful smooth line free eyes appear or have I really screwed up Crying or Very sad

Any help much appreciated.
Mabsy

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Kaleni,

Do you have dry skin to begin with? Perhaps try using a moisturising mask a few times a week as well? Other than that you could just use a normal C serum (perhaps a Vivier one as it seems less drying) and cut out the AHAs.

The other thing that comes to mind is that it is *very* important to use a sunblock when using AHAs. That could also impact the appearance of your skin, particularly if you spend a bit of time outdoors.
jcw
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kaleni,

I also bought the SC C+AHA and loves it due to the immediate results that I got but it can really really dry the skin and I actually have combo skin with oily T zones. I've decided to stop using it for a while to give my skin a break and to get rehydrated. When and if I repurchase, I think I will be getting the vit C serum on its own. Hope things work out for you Smile

kaleni wrote:
Has anyone experienced crinkly skin from using C + AHA? I started to use it (had small fine line under eye) and now have lots of lines on both eyes. Have used HB Gel afterwards as well plus my thalgo moisturisers.

Is this expected and then will wonderful smooth line free eyes appear or have I really screwed up Crying or Very sad

Any help much appreciated.
kaleni

Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy & JCW

Thanks for your replies.. I have sensitive dry skin so yep maybe its too drying for my skin. I was originally going to buy the C + E but was swayed to the C + AHA by the free offer of the gel Embarassed I thought it might sting but it hasn't really. Anyway, have stopped using it and have started using Rosehip and MD Form Vitaplus Eye Cream and that seems to be working.. Will start to use a thalgo hydrating mask I have.

Im good with sunscreen due to living on the Gold Coast for 6 years. The skinceuticals one is nice.

The lines came up a couple of days after my 30th birthday and I thought it could be a cruel act of nature.

Laughing Crying or Very sad
Mabsy

Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:05 am      Reply with quote
See how you go with the MDF eye cream, I found it to be too drying for me on a regular basis but I heard really good reviews of this if you have millia you want to get rid of or if you have more mature skin.

Agree with the Skinceuticals sunblock, I've got the Ultimate SPF30 one and it's really good Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |