Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
best mineral foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Could you give me some suggestions on mineral foundation? I have tried everyday minerals, the finish is so good. Have you tried other brands? so as Alima, I.D., pure luxe etc...
havana8

Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leileieve, Here are similar threads where you might find some good suggestions:

Best Mineral Make-up??
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30580&highlight=mineral

compact mineral make-up?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31432&highlight=makeup

Which MMU brands have you tried?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29093&highlight=alima

Welcome to EDS! wave
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
great threads, havana8! I had a look myself.

The one that i still use (after experimenting with many) is Jane Iredale pure pressed. But i use it more as a concealer (here and there), over my normal tinted moisturizer (Jo Malone finishing fluid, not MMU). Because i found that if i use it on its own, as a foundation, makes my pores look larger.

So - i experimented also with Lily Lolo, Everyday Minerals, Alima, and Illuminare. But none of them worked very well for me. And even in my latest attempt to use MMU as sole makeup, i got a rash around my eyes, so i am now rather not inclined to experiment with them anymore... maybe later Smile

Any of you had a similar (rash, allergy) experience with MMU?
havana8

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
For me, any MMU with Bismuth gives me an excema-like reaction. Sad Is that the reaction you get, Cora-lu?

I know what you mean about the experimenting though! I too wanted to like some of the ones you mentioned but couldn't get them to work for me. Right now I'm using Ferro and love it enough to have bought a full size. I also like UGlo Girl and do use it but find, for me, that sometimes it doesn't have guaranteed staying power.

Here was my little review on Ferro:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27961&highlight=ferro
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
For me, any MMU with Bismuth gives me an excema-like reaction. Sad Is that the reaction you get, Cora-lu?

I know what you mean about the experimenting though! I too wanted to like some of the ones you mentioned but couldn't get them to work for me. Right now I'm using Ferro and love it enough to have bought a full size. I also like UGlo Girl and do use it but find, for me, that sometimes it doesn't have guaranteed staying power.

Here was my little review on Ferro:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27961&highlight=ferro

Thank you for the reply and link. Ferro seems like good stuff, so maybe, when i've built up my courage, i might try it Smile

As regarding my rash, i am not sure what type it was, just little red dots around my eye area, not itchy, but my eyes were also a bit sore, and watery. The dots were disappearing and re-appearing. It took about 2 weeks to get back to normal. But strangely enough, i can use fine Jane Iredale (old version, with the bismuth oxychloride), and have used it long time (even near eyes).

But this new stuff was not having bismuth oxychloride, so i am not sure what was the culprit ingredient (i was experimenting mostly with Alima and Everyday Minerals, and a lot with their eyeshadows).
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Havana you are always helpful...

Very Happy Hugs, sis
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have really really sensitive skin and I love Joelle mineral foundation.
That's also the only mineral foundation I've tried that doesn't turn orange on my little ghostly white vampire face after a while. Laughing
I have no idea if it has something to do with my skin being SO pale that most foundations go orange or if it's some ingredient that's to blame.
It's weird, it looks fine at first and after a couple of hours I look like an oompa loompa. Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of mmu companies, and I return to EDM. They are so straightforwardly very good, that we get tempted to wander away and look for someething more fancy.. but actually EDM has it all!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I've only tried 3 MMU companies- EDM, Alima and signature minerals and out of the three, I would place my vote on EDM.
Signature Minerals was cakey looking and the Alima was too drying. EDM was cheap, CS was friendly and shipping was fast. However, I'm off MMU now as I think I've found my HG foundation-- BB creams! They're great for acne prone skin, conceals and has SPF so its an excellent all in one product

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
EDM my fave by far after trying sample and full-sized of everyone that has been recommended here and on the MMU boards. It doesn't make me itch or breakout, or turn colors after a few hours. Also it is the matte version and it gives great coverage w/o being too shiny.
I also like the Mirenese pearl as a very light powder makeup for days I want sheer coverage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
My absolute favourite so far is Glominerals!!!

5% products discount

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I like Revlon colorstay, it's cheap but last for 8 hours. Though it's difficult to find the perfect color and it also look dull when freshly applied (it looks better after an hour)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard Laura Mercier's mineral formulation is very nice also.
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used Fyrinnae before?
geisha707
5% products discount

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Prescriptives have brought out their own line of mineral foundation now.....I am betting that is good. Agree with others that it can make pores look massive but used with Benefit's Dr Feelgood makes a big difference. I also love Lily -lolos silk translucent powder whatever makeup I am wearing. And it certainly makes a difference to the pores.

I find mineral foundation works best in the summer or in humidity....in the winter it tends to just "sit" on my skin looking all dry. (I am talking english semi-humid summer).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I like Laura Mercier. Its finish is very pearly, unlike most other ones.
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I love Laura Mercier's mineral formulation, it's really great and won't couse any breakouts. Sometimes I ware it and sleep at noon, it won't hurt my skin at all.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I actually repurchased the Prescriptives mineral make up! The color is the best I have found. I tend to have a pinker complexion and many of the mineral make ups seem either too yellow or too ashen for me. I use Cool Level 2 in prescriptives. The make up covers well but doesn't get cakey and gives a little bit of glow without being sparkly.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Lumiere Cosmetics mineral makeup is my favorite. I've tried over 25 brands and Lumiere wins with my skin, hands down!! They have three types depending on your skin tpye and what finish you are looking for. I prefer the Veena Velvet by Lumiere. There are many good mineral lines out there. I ended up ordering many samples until I found one I fell in love with.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I like Jane Iredale. I like the fact that the foundation is suspended in balls in a gel. Plus the fragrance is subtle and addictive ^^
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I like Laura Mercier and BareMinerals. The latter has a kit set which is perfect for a full natural look.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier's mu is lovely, but it is so desperately over priced, I cant bring myself to buy it.
Makeupbabe
5% products discount

Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am still a devoted LaurEss fan. Every time I stray I return to LaurEss. I can use all three formulas depending on the time of year and my coverage needs. I am so impressed with everythin they make. Their Eye Primer is to die for! Puts UDPP to shame! UDPP always made it hard for me to blend my eyecolors and if I used it everyday I got dry scaly eyelids. I can use the Revital-Eyes primer everyday and my eyelids are happy PLUS my eye color lasts all day and is blendable after applying. I am so impressed. I have also been using their lip balm. I read rave reviews for it and now have 3 tubes! LOL I can't be without it. This is the first winter my lips haven't cracked and bled.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using MMU for years and as I used to work in skincare AND I've tried a million of them, I just wanted to take a sec to tell ya'll about some of my faves (and the bad ones too!)
-Pur minerals is one of my all-time favorites, its pressed, it is bonded with shea butter and has a great semi-matte finish. My only gripe with it is that the shade selection could be a little wider.
-Alima, though also one of my favorites as far as finish and wear is concerned, made me itch like crazy! I don't really know why, when i emailed the company they suggested it was my makeup brush but I'd never had trouble before.
Last, I'll mention my all-time worst, Colorescience. This was the first MMU I used, as our spa owner was a Colorescience rep, it was what we carried. I hate this stuff, the coverage is subpar, the wear is okay but it isn't matte enough for me. Also, the price is just ridiculous! This stuff turned me off to MMU for years and it was only when I tried glominerals was I willing to give MMU another try.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:59 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I've only tried 3 MMU companies- EDM, Alima and signature minerals and out of the three, I would place my vote on EDM.
Signature Minerals was cakey looking and the Alima was too drying. EDM was cheap, CS was friendly and shipping was fast. However, I'm off MMU now as I think I've found my HG foundation-- BB creams! They're great for acne prone skin, conceals and has SPF so its an excellent all in one product

yeahyeah, can u tell me more about this BB cream thingy? I heard good things about it from Asia. Thanks! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |