Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For those who take supplements for hair growth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Please, answer me this question: do the supplements you're taking make your hair grow/thicker only on sculp or all over ur body as well?

I'm very confused, I started taking Silicea gel and love the effect it has on my skin, and hair BUT I also noticed it makes my hair grow faster on other parts of the body as well Confused
Am I the only one? Or is it my imagination?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
It would make no sense for it to work only on the hair on your head. It's not your imagination. If it makes the hair on your head grow faster, it should have the same effect on the body hair. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Well, that made sense to me as well, but I guess was in denial. Sad
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Except that hair growth on the other parts of the body is somewhat determined by hormonal activity too, isn't it? So the amount of body hair growth shouldn't exceed normal, should it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have taken Viviscal since the early/mid 90's....it makes my hair (on my head) and my nails grow like crazy. However, the only other area where I have seen any additional hair growth is my nose hair...I now own my nose hair trimmer. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I'm relieved that supplements that work on head hair may not have the same effect on body hair (or may, since RussianSunshine did have that experience) I just assumed anything that makes hair grow faster would do the same for body hair and honestly that's a bias I had against supplements for hair growth.

So, what's your favorite hair supplement? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
<So, what's your favorite hair supplement?

It's Silicea liquid by Naka . I mix it with my juice and noticed effect after a week.

http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=1010
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I have also been using Viviscal for over a year and haven't noticed unusual hair growth. I think it makes hair grow faster and perhaps prevents hair loss to a degree but I don't think my hair is fuller. At least I'm not losing ground anymore.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
What is Silicea?
Greenhillgirl32
5% products discount

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I took Silicea as well and it does work well, but I was always running out quickly, therefore I slowly stopped buying it.
Makes a good face mask too, calms down red skin nicely!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have taken Viviscal since the early/mid 90's....it makes my hair (on my head) and my nails grow like crazy. However, the only other area where I have seen any additional hair growth is my nose hair...I now own my nose hair trimmer. Rolling Eyes

...One of the added little perks! LOL Mine grow so fast I could braid them and hang beads from them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oakview wrote:
I have also been using Viviscal for over a year and haven't noticed unusual hair growth. I think it makes hair grow faster and perhaps prevents hair loss to a degree but I don't think my hair is fuller. At least I'm not losing ground anymore.

I would totally agree with that.

I have noticed that Folligen for Blondes by Skin Biology caused resulted in a significant crop of new hair for me (even my hair stylist noticed).

But I do NOT recommend the regular Folligen products...they use a copper peptide that reacted with my red hair color (as in hair dye) and turned it a HORRID shade that cost a ton of money and 3 months to get rid of. Mad Mad Mad But the Folligen for Blondes is a tin peptide, so you don't have to worry about any color interaction, like you do with the blue/green of copper. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
bethany wrote:
I have taken Viviscal since the early/mid 90's....it makes my hair (on my head) and my nails grow like crazy. However, the only other area where I have seen any additional hair growth is my nose hair...I now own my own nose hair trimmer. Rolling Eyes

...One of the added little perks! LOL Mine grow so fast I could braid them and hang beads from them.

Beads Laughing Laughing Laughing I can just see them swinging right into your mouth whe you were eating!

I am pretty low on hair as a whole, so the nose hairs showing up was quite a shocker. But the rest of the Viviscal benefits are well worth it, so I'm fine with cutting a few nose hairs every few months. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be happy to look like an ape, just as long as my hair thickened up... Sad
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Where's the best place to order Viviscal in the US, for cheapest price?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Where's the best place to order Viviscal in the US, for cheapest price?

I order mine from iherb...you get an additional % off based on the total $$$ of your order. I usually order 3-6 boxes at a time, and take 2 pills a day (doage is weight dependent).

You can also order from salonweb.com though I have never seen it for less than $49 there over the years.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, bethany! I am going to check it out.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I read that Biosil gives good results. It's silica supplement. Just ordered from iHerb, hoping it'll help with the frizziness.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Greenhillgirl32 wrote:
I took Silicea as well and it does work well, but I was always running out quickly, therefore I slowly stopped buying it.
Makes a good face mask too, calms down red skin nicely!

Yes, it runs out pretty fast, and I get tired to buy it all the time. I bought GNC Ultra Active multivitamin with Silica and Biotin in it. Otherwise it's too expensive to buy the Silica Gel all the time Confused

I didnt know you can use it as mask!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |