Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LEDs and eczema
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lindylass
5% products discount

Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have eczema on my face that responds to NOTHING! I just ordered the anti-aging light stim in hopes that it will help with this condition since LEDs have been known to have antiinflammatory properties. Steve from lightstim said he can't guarantee his product for that indication even if one of the success stories posted on the web was about the LED's success with eczema. Any advise or feedback? I'm really sick of it. I have very dry sensitive skin.

Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lindy, welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of help with your LED and any other skin concerns on EDS.

The Anti-Aging LightStim (AALS) will indeed help to reduce inflammation, and couldn't 'hurt' to use it.

Just keep in mind that LED's aren't a quick fix, but with dedication, I'm sure you will have very satisfying results.

Here is another thread for AALS in particular, that you might find interesting;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297

And here is a fairly recent thread on Eczema, that might be helpful;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9101&highlight=eczema

Many more are available through the EDS "Search" feature, at the very top/middle of these pages.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lindylass
5% products discount

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy! I'm reading both threads with a great deal of interest. I talked to Rita from Prolight about using LEDs for loose skin. I lost about 90 lbs 11 years ago. She said it was ineffective. Sigh! She recommended that I try electrostimulation for firming up the muscles.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:
Thank you Kassy! I'm reading both threads with a great deal of interest. I talked to Rita from Prolight about using LEDs for loose skin. I lost about 90 lbs 11 years ago. She said it was ineffective. Sigh! She recommended that I try electrostimulation for firming up the muscles.

I wholeheartedly agree with what both Steve and Rita told you.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
havana8

Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass, on page 40 of the big Quasar Light Therapy thread that Kassy posted above, there are a few comments from Cesce, Rubby and myself on using LED for excema. Hope that helps a bit... Smile
lindylass
5% products discount

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
The eczema on my face is gone. It took about a weeks use of the lightstim. Havanna thank you for the feedback; I read the comments in the threads. It sounds like the high quality LED device is effective at holding eczema at bay.
I do other stuff as well. 8 grams of fish oil. I eat 50% raw foods daily including juicing greens and fruits in the morning. I take vitamins.

In the past when the eczema flared up I would go to my acupunturist who would force it into remission for a couple of weeks to a month. Hopefully the results with the AALS will hold.
lindylass
5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
It's keeping my eczema under control, but I can't use as recommended. I have to use it every other day instead of every day. But it is very helpful in keeping my eczema under control. If I use it everyday it dries out my skin even more; I guess it's all trial and error. I will update at a later date.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
lindylass wrote:
It's keeping my eczema under control, but I can't use as recommended. I have to use it every other day instead of every day. But it is very helpful in keeping my eczema under control. If I use it everyday it dries out my skin even more; I guess it's all trial and error. I will update at a later date.

That's great lindy! You are right to listen to what your skin is telling you, and tweak the treatments to your needs.. Sometimes less really is best..

One little important tip, is to be sure you are well hydrated before and after treatment.. That will keep your skin from dryness, and let the lymph flow freely to get rid of the toxins.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |