Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Origins No puffery
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Origins No Puffery gel mask for a while so I may as well review it! It has been one of my staples for a while now. It usually works! I am being honest here. It does work better than anything else I have tried. However it's not a complete miracle worker. But usually my puffiness goes down at least half within 20 minutes or so. I would say It has impressed me with its de puffing abilities 90% of the time. It has let me down a few times though, when my puffiness was really bad due to lack of sleep and bad eating habits.

Here is how I use it: I simple apply it to my eyes and relax. Usually I take a little nap and prop my head up on a pillow for 20 minutes to allow the puffiness to "drain" while the mask is on. Sounds strange perhaps but it feels like a little spa treatment. Sometimes I will do a face mask at the same time. Then I wash if off and apply my regular eye creams etc... it is so reasonable at only $21 for an ounce in the US. More in Canada of course but still not too bad. Also it is a generous one ounce rather than the typical half ounce. It lasts me 6 months at least, and I am not the type to be stingy when I apply products.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this for awhile also and agree that it really helps with puffiness. I keep it in the fridge so it feels really great after a hot day. It's quite thick, not runny, so you don't have to lie down, you can put it on and still work at the computer which makes me more likely to use it.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
This product works well for many people but in all fairness to others that are considering purchasing it my results weren't good Sad . It maybe that I need something stronger. One product that has proven good for me is the Oil of Olay eye indiviual pads. If I use them at night I am usually in good shape in the morning. I clip the end and actually get 3-4 different treatments out of each sponge unit.
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
No Puffery did not work for me at all. After trying all sorts of eyecreams for my puffy eye lids, I finally found True Radiance eye cream. (Actually "found it" after reading all the raves on this site about it.) Absolutely love it.
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
No Puffery did not work for me at all. After trying all sorts of eyecreams for my puffy eye lids, I finally found True Radiance eye cream. (Actually "found it" after reading all the raves on this site about it.) Absolutely love it.

The True Radiance eye cream works for me too in reducing puffiness. However, after it gets absorbed, I feel the skin in the eye area dry. I used 2 different moisturizers and none of them seems to go well with the TR eye cream -the moisturizer just sits there and balls off, which does not happen if used alone. Do you have the same problem? Do you use a moisturizer on top of the TR eye cream and if so, which one? Thanks.
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
No Puffery did not work for me at all. i use it as a eye moisturizer

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:

Yup No Puffery was unless on me, couldn't even work as a moisturizer! What brand is True Radiance from? Thanks
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I read somewhere (probably on EDS) that there are several different reasons for puffy eyes. With me it's the puffiness associated with lack of sleep or not taking my makeup off Embarassed

The No Puffery certainly helps me with this. If the puffiness is genetic or because of realignment of fat around the face due to aging (I can't remember the others) then it's likely that no cream will help and you need some stronger tools.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
I read somewhere (probably on EDS) that there are several different reasons for puffy eyes. With me it's the puffiness associated with lack of sleep or not taking my makeup off Embarassed

The No Puffery certainly helps me with this. If the puffiness is genetic or because of realignment of fat around the face due to aging (I can't remember the others) then it's likely that no cream will help and you need some stronger tools.

I think you bring up a good point here. When an eye depuffing or eye bag tuck product are being reviewed it is important to state the eye issue that you have. I have posted before that No puffery didn't work for my but my eye issues...I have the older issue of fat under the eye thing going on. But I know a lot of people swear by No Puffery and if I just had morning puffy eyes it would probably work very well.
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah. I posted the review, and my issue is mostly morning puffy eyes but I think there might be a bit of fat redistribution as well, but it is mostly water retention issues. I always have a little puffiness but ususally people don't notice. If i eat salty foods, drink too much the night before, then my eye area can sometimes blow up like a baloon. I also find that my weight affects my eye puffiness. If I have a couple extra pounds on, I notice that my cheeks look plumper and my puffiness is non existant. If I am working out a lot and my body fat is really low, my puffiness is a constant issue. Fortunately I dont think it it getting worse, because I remember being a lot more obsessed about my puffy eyes when i was 19 than now, at age 26.
Rebeccawu
5% products discount

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
It's useless for me. I've tried some masks of Origins, and I have to say I don't like the brand.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:33 am      Reply with quote
This did nothing me either. I'm not a big fan of origins, except for the ginger essence perfume. I tried several of their products in the past and they just didn't do anything special.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
To minimise my chances of puffy eyes, I sleep with my pillow a bit raised enough so that my head is above level than the rest. I got this tip from a magazine.
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:06 am      Reply with quote
lilybelle wrote:
No Puffery did not work for me at all. i use it as a eye moisturizer

me too, it not work on me, i put it in a corner to wait for expiring Neutral
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the reviews! I wanted to try this product, but most of you seem to say it doesn't work, so I think I will stay away from this one!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
If the Origins is not helping you might what to check this out. This was what did the trick for me! Very Happy http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=454981#454981

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:35 am      Reply with quote
well, the only thing I like from this brand is the check and balance cleanser......all of the other things are even worse than drug store skincare lines.
Leniny
5% products discount

Mon May 04, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
No Puffery did nothing for me. What works best for me is the Garnier anti-puff eye roller - it feels really good to roll it on too.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
It did nothing for me either. I use Garnier anti-puff eye roller, the green tube. Smile It's amazing. I love using it so much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Didn't work for me. Lost of money!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |