Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Undereye concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on a seemingly never ending quest for the perfect undereye concealer. One that's not drying, but also doesn't just sit on top of the skin looking all waxy and obvious. Wink
Any tips? I have very pale skin (I'm talking Nicole Kidman pale) so dark circles really show up on me.

Oh, and I'm 33 and my skin tends to be kind of dry.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
You might try the search function at the top of the page. We've had quite a few threads on concealers, so you might want to limit your search to just posts in which "concealer" was in the post title. Good luck with your search!
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest Amazing cosmetic's concealer and Lavera. The last one is good only for dry skin, so if you don't have dry skin it will be too oily and sticky for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
One friend recommended to me Yves Saint Laurent Instant Highlighter to cover eye darkness. Smile
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
The first concealer I used for my dark circles was Maybelline. Then I switched to MAC, thinking it must be way better since it's MAC. Well it went dry, cakey, and didn't even set properly. So now I am back to my cheap Maybelline and I seriously love it. I use the one in the stick, it looks like a lipstick.
-cuddlin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
You may have a try on the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit.

This kit includes Creamy Concealer on top and Sheer Finish Loose Powder on bottom to set concealer for long-lasting wear.

This concealer has skin conditioning ingredients like Vitamin A, which helps minimize the appearance of fine dry lines and wrinkles and Vitamin E, which moisturizes and provides antioxidant protection.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
The first concealer I used for my dark circles was Maybelline. Then I switched to MAC, thinking it must be way better since it's MAC. Well it went dry, cakey, and didn't even set properly. So now I am back to my cheap Maybelline and I seriously love it. I use the one in the stick, it looks like a lipstick.

I use the Maybelline too, only I use the more liquid version in the Mineral Line. The other one I like is Almay's concealer that is liquid with a brush integrated in the tube, it also has peptides built in.

I had a Laura Mercier cream I like also, but threw it away when it ran out and I can't remember exactly what it was.
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I recommend Yves Saint Laurent Instant Highlighter. It really works against dark eye cycle. I used it when I didn't sleep well. It makes me looks shine. I love it. The only thing I don't like is the price.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. Very Happy
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Maybelline Rewind is good. Reminds me of MACs Select Cover.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm really liking the Makeup Forever undereye concealer in a tube at the moment - goes on easily, blends well, doesn't dry out the eye area, doesn't sit in fine lines and gives good coverage.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Bobbie Brown concelear is my very favorite. You can apply it with their brush and it goes on to a flawless finish. It is great for a little or lot of coverage, with reflective properties. It doesn't crease, run or wear off early. Better for when you need a heavier coverage day.
My second fave is Mironesse that Mabsy did a review on recently. Very smooth finish that dries powdery and is great for a lighter day. One shade for all, but it does work well, especially if you are fair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
LIke you i am pale with very dark circles and have tried many! By far and awsy the best I've tried is actaually a foundation which comes in a tube with a brush at the end - a bigger looking version of touche eclat. It's called Light Expert and is By Terry. It has hyaluaronic acid and plumps up the eye area ahilst refelcting light and looking invisible! I think it's amazing Rolling Eyes
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
I am looking for a concealer that will reflect light away from my eyes. Anyone ever heard of this type of concealer?
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Yes! The one I just mentioned!
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I am loving Cargo's new blu-ray concealer. It is light reflective and totally covers those dark circles. I am quite pale and the lightest shade works well for me.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Vincent Longo's concealer for almost a year. I love it. I apply it right after I apply my eye cream, and the concealer melts right in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
You could try bb creams as your foundation AND concealer. I'm using Dr Jart+ but there are many other brands out there and cozycot has plenty of reviews of bb creams.
My dark circles are quite obvious, and as I wear glasses which casts a shadow to my eye area, it makes my circles look darker than it actually is. So I would use bb cream ALL over my face and if necessary, I would just add another layer of bb cream on my undereye. However, its best to use a moisturising eye cream under the bb cream, as it could be slightly drying

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
lunathefinal wrote:
One friend recommended to me Yves Saint Laurent Instant Highlighter to cover eye darkness. Smile

I just bought this for my dark circles, it really works to lighten them! Nice creamy texture, not drying at all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really liking the Bobbi Brown Blemish Cover stick I bought a few months ago. It's excellent as a concealer - and is creamy and doesn't get chalky (unlike a lot of other concealers I've tried).

I guess it's supposed to be for covering pimples - but I find it's really good for covering dark circles - and hyperpigmented spots. I like the fact that it's oil free - but *really* emollient. (I have aging skin - so it's really important to me that a concealer blend smoothly and well...) This one fits the bill.

Though, my *next* concealer purchase might be Cle de Peau - as I've heard a lot of good things about it on this forum.
Magica
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of these sound very promising.I'll bring the list with me to a department store and test them out. I know the perfect concealer for me is somewhere on this list. Laughing
Thanks again for all the great tips!
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
taobunny wrote:
...Though, my *next* concealer purchase might be Cle de Peau - as I've heard a lot of good things about it on this forum.

i tried
- YSL (the pen, dont remember the name)
- JI Circle Delete
- Sisley Concealer
- Cle de Peau

none of them was really bad, but the best coverage does have the CdP, but its also the one which is the most "complicated" to apply: very thin layered, patting it in - while others, as sisley, are more creamy...
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:36 am      Reply with quote
my problem is also finding the right concealer.....i tried MMU concealers and they just look silvery on my skin like i applied silver eye shadow!. The creamy stick concealers go on ok and seem to be a close blend in but after a while they seem to highlight more any fine lines under the eyes!

so now iv given up on using concealers! I know not a good look especially right now with all the late nights i been having. I always envy those who seem to be able to create that perfect flawless look with their makeup. Shock

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
i havent tried, but read all good things about the "EL Maximum Cover" MU...

its a make up, but obviously used by many just local as a concealer... maybe give it a try?
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Anyone tried KEVYN AUCOIN The Sensual Skin Enhancer?I think that is the best concealer I ever use. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |