Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
L'oreals Telescopic Mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I don't often read this section of the EDS forum so I hope this hasn't already been reviewed: I am no longer a big spender when it comes to mascara's, forgoing the Dept Store makeup counter and heading to the Drug Store instead. For a couple of years now, I have been a big fan of L'Oreals Voluminous mascara, but recently bought a tube, and it went on so thick and clumpy, I hated it...so I decided to try something new: L'Oreals Telescopic Mascara and WOW! It's my dream mascara! It has a plastic comb-like applicator, with very tiny ridges, (no bristles) and easily coats while separating the lashes, without clumps! It does a fabulous job lengthening the lashes too. I also use my finger to curl the lashes after applying mascara, and found it responds really well to this method. My only minor complaint is that when I quickly jammed the wand back into the base, I bent it, so its a little crooked now and has to be pulled out and put back in a little more gently. Nevertheless, at $7-8 it gets two thumbs up from me!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
havana8

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Great review, mountaingirl! I think this is a fantastic drugstore find too. I've used L'Oreals Lash Out, which I loved, for years but decided to try Telescopic last time. I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but ended up loving it. I totally bent my wand too which looks hilarious when it's been screwed back onto the base.
chicot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I read from vogue(forgot which issue) said as the best of the length. But I never tried it.
However, I used to use maybelline define-a-lash, the green one, then apply the new givenchy phonmenone on it. It works good too.
nadeyxox

Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hmm i might try this, normally i'm not a fan of comb mascara's just beause i domnt normally get along with them haha!
But i might give this a try!!!
Thanks for a fab review!
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
It was on sale at Walgreens for $4.99 last week!
I'm giving it to girlfriends as Xmas presents...
I can't imagine anyone not liking it.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
innifree
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:02 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the comments,but...is it really good like what you all described?i haven't used it.through the posts ,i find that it is a magic mascara.
havana8

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
nadeyxox wrote:
Hmm i might try this, normally i'm not a fan of comb mascara's just beause i domnt normally get along with them haha!
But i might give this a try!!!
Thanks for a fab review!

Nadeyxox, it's not really a "comb" applicator in the same sense that, for example, the Sephora mascara uses but more one of those plastic/rubber brush applicators.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review and recommendation. I, too, like to buy drugstore mascaras since I have to replace them every 3 months.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Great Review. I dont think i have seen this particular one around but il have a look again next time im out shopping Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
This mascara stays in place and looks great. It is so easy to apply because of the small bristles on the wand.
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I don't often read this section of the EDS forum so I hope this hasn't already been reviewed: I am no longer a big spender when it comes to mascara's, forgoing the Dept Store makeup counter and heading to the Drug Store instead. For a couple of years now, I have been a big fan of L'Oreals Voluminous mascara, but recently bought a tube, and it went on so thick and clumpy, I hated it...so I decided to try something new: L'Oreals Telescopic Mascara and WOW! It's my dream mascara! It has a plastic comb-like applicator, with very tiny ridges, (no bristles) and easily coats while separating the lashes, without clumps! It does a fabulous job lengthening the lashes too. I also use my finger to curl the lashes after applying mascara, and found it responds really well to this method. My only minor complaint is that when I quickly jammed the wand back into the base, I bent it, so its a little crooked now and has to be pulled out and put back in a little more gently. Nevertheless, at $7-8 it gets two thumbs up from me!

Mountaingirl, what kind of lashed you already have? nice and long and curly? Cause I dont, mine are straight and short Sad and this mascara didnt do anything for me...
havana8

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I originally had this in the gold tube and thought it was a fantastic mascara. Last month, though, I bought it in the black tube and now hate it due to the fact that it has been thick and clumpy which actually makes my lashes somehow look shorter. Confused
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
irunchick: I have short, not so thick lashes at the moment, but they get nice and long with this mascara. My lashes don't have a lot of natural curl, but do have some. I apply one eye then finger-curl those lashes until it sets (30 seconds or so.) You could also do this with a blow dryer (heat) lightly blowing in the direction of your lashes. This will help set it. Mine stay curled all day. I gave up eye lash curlers years ago, in lieu of using my fingers--no breakage that way. Sorry it didn't work for you. I just LOVE the stuff! (GOLD tube!)

flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Yes, L'oreals Mascara are always more cheap than other brands, but they are still good to use.
for me, it could make my eyelashes more longer, not even worse than $20 products!
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:36 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
...I also use my finger to curl the lashes after applying mascara, and found it responds really well to this method.

I've never tried this and am a little confused...doesn't touching and bending your lashes, wet with freshly applied mascara, mess up your lashes AND your fingertips? Question
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have had luck with this mascara as well (Gold tube). I have stubs for lashes and this adds some length, without flaking on my skin later in the day.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
caboodle wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:
...I also use my finger to curl the lashes after applying mascara, and found it responds really well to this method.

I've never tried this and am a little confused...doesn't touching and bending your lashes, wet with freshly applied mascara, mess up your lashes AND your fingertips? Question

NO!! It doesn't mess up your lashes at all! You are just training them to curl up. The mascara is like the setting lotion! It works beautifully without abusing your lashes like an eyelash curler does. I quit using a eyelash curler many years ago as my lashes kept breaking and getting thinner. Finger curling has now created a natural curve in my lashes that I never used to have! Yes--some mascara
gets on your fingers, and you just wash it off afterwards...no biggie. BTW, I do one set of lashes at a time, because I like to curl them while the mascara is freshly applied and wettest!

Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
i have this mascara also and think it is excellent for lengthing my lashes. However, as it doesn't thicken my lashes, i end up with a weird looking spiders legs effect. I usually wait for it to dry then apply another coat of a different mascara to then thicken the lashes (running the risk of it looking clumpy). I dont' suppose it helps because my lashes are quite thin and sparse anyway, so i really need the lengthening AND thickening action.

But, it definitely works if you're looking for a lengthening mascara

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
My FAVORITE mascara is the Telescopic! It's THE BEST!

My second one is the Voluminous, witch I like a lot to!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
CVS in my area is having a sale on this for just $5 this week. Very Happy I'm going to try it. What is your favorite color?
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
I'm going to try it. What is your favorite color?

They have a ''carbon Black'' witch is realy black! I think you should try this one!
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I have this one! I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to Estee Lauder's magnascopic (which a friend swears by along with their primer). They are owned by the same parent company... Or is that lancome?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |