Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Aging hands
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethann
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Antonia I'm wondering if you got the vitamin K cream, and if so how it's working for your hands???

How can the Vit K make the veins disappear? Are you guys talking about the big fat ones? We can't make them go away or else we'd go away. But having aging 54 yr. old hands, I understand. Maybe LED treatments would help plump up the skin and in turn, cover the veins a little. Wishful thinking maybe, ha!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:10 am      Reply with quote
bethann wrote:
Mishey wrote:
Antonia I'm wondering if you got the vitamin K cream, and if so how it's working for your hands???

How can the Vit K make the veins disappear? Are you guys talking about the big fat ones? We can't make them go away or else we'd go away. But having aging 54 yr. old hands, I understand. Maybe LED treatments would help plump up the skin and in turn, cover the veins a little. Wishful thinking maybe, ha!

It's not about making them go away but shrinking them.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering about the Vitamin K thing also - how it's working for anyone?
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who are interested in treating thinning and wrinkling on your hands, I've had good luck with dermarolling. Here is a link to my hand photos; I'm in the middle of the rolling protocol.

http://flickr.com/gp/25893073@N04/0Ak82Z

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Tessera,
Would you mind sharing your protocol? I'm really struggling with my hands; I've never been very happy with them. As some of the others were sharing, I also have large veins , wrinkling, and major sun spots. I just did a 25% TCA peel, but I don't think it's going to make much of a difference.

Did anyone ever use the Vit K for veins?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
For those of you who are interested in treating thinning and wrinkling on your hands, I've had good luck with dermarolling. Here is a link to my hand photos; I'm in the middle of the rolling protocol.

http://flickr.com/gp/25893073@N04/0Ak82Z

What size dermaroller are you using and what products if any? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Me too Tessera.

My hands are really going downhill fast. I've started looking at even the vein treatment where they basically kill off those big veins. I thought I read about vein supplements working, but I don't remember what the ingredients were and why it should work. Also remember it being pretty expensive.

I just started peeling with Glycolic acid too, but it didn't do much yet.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Tessera,
Would you mind sharing your protocol? I'm really struggling with my hands; I've never been very happy with them. As some of the others were sharing, I also have large veins , wrinkling, and major sun spots. I just did a 25% TCA peel, but I don't think it's going to make much of a difference.

Did anyone ever use the Vit K for veins?

Thanks!

Hi Kims. You know how you wake up one morning and can no longer read with your bare eyes? That also happened with my hands- one day they were fine, the next day they were shriveled little monkey paws. I tried my Anti-Aging LightStim on them and got some improvement, but not enough to show in pictures. So I read the whole Dermaroller thread (it was shorter then), especially Bethany's posts. I prepped with 3 weeks of oral Vit. A & C and topical retin-A and retinol (alternating) and Kassy's DIY Ferulic, E & C serum. Then I did alternating rolls, at least 2 weeks apart, with .5mm and 1.0mm rollers, starting with the .5 for the first session, the 1.0 for the second session, and so on. I use Tridocaine anaesthetic cream for the 1.0mm rolls, sterilize the rollers with alcohol, wash the skin and wipe down with alcohol before rolling. I only roll on clean, bare skin. For 3 days post-roll, I applied avocado oil and one drop THA (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate = oil-soluble Vit.C);after the first three rolling sessions (.5, 1.0, .5), I switched to Neutrogena anti-wrinkle intensive night cream for the Vit.A source, + one drop THA. Between rolls, I occasionally used retin-A and used Kassy's C serum daily. I then tried using retin-A right after the third 1.0 roll; it caused 2 weeks of peeling, some of which was in sheets. (In the interests of my liver, I'm going back to the Neutrogena for post-roll treatment.) Starting 3 days post roll, I use my AALS 2-3 times per week. I'm doing a total of 6 1.0mm rolls and 6 .5mm rolls; right now, I'm halfway through and really happy with the results. Very Happy HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Tessera, I think you've got quite the system going on! I guess I need to check out the dermarolling thread, but it is sooooo long!

The TCA peel that I just did isn't going to help a great deal. It really appears to have irritated my hands more than anything.

Anyway, Thank you for explaining your protocol. I'm definitely going to consider dermarolling...
heading over to the thread right now! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Hyaluronic-Acid-with-Chondroitin-Sulfate-60-Capsules/4457?at=0 this helped me with a variety of ills, supposed to be a good plumper for skin too
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
thanks lucyluc! That looks like good price too. I had taken that a while ago for lip plumping, but it didn't do much.

I have been horrible about taking my MSM for a few months, and I think it's really making a difference. I need to get back on that
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I have found a big help with my hands using my red and amber prolights. My hands look much more plumped and younger Shock
Toby

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:21 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Tessera, I think you've got quite the system going on! I guess I need to check out the dermarolling thread, but it is sooooo long!

The TCA peel that I just did isn't going to help a great deal. It really appears to have irritated my hands more than anything.

Anyway, Thank you for explaining your protocol. I'm definitely going to consider dermarolling...
heading over to the thread right now! Confused

You're welcome. It looks like a lot to do, but it's only every 2 or 3 weeks and doesn't take long at all, once you've got the supplies and routine. Rolling seems to thicken the skin, so it might help with protruding veins as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I was wondering about the Vitamin K thing also - how it's working for anyone?

When I was a kid, there was a time when I bruised easily. The doctor said it was a Vit. K deficiency, so I took supplements and they cleared it right up. I've also applied K topically on the purple areas at the inner corners of my eyes, but it didn't help. I'm not aware that it can shrink veins...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 31, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
What size dermaroller are you using and what products if any? TIA[/quote]

Hey Frodo, let us know your results if you try it. I'm curious to see how it works for someone else.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:13 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I have bought a pair of very nice UV gloves, but struggling if I should use it.

This is an old thread, but I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your UV gloves please? I've been looking for a good pair for driving, but the ones I've found on the internet so far aren't very nice. Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have to pay attention to this problem as well - I have always had protruding veins on my hands and feet. It's just genetic. So I have to pay special attention to this. I wonder what Barbara Streisand does to keep her hands and nails looking so great?
Btw I am also looking for a pair of UV gloves that can be worn everyday so if anybody has found a pair that look alright, please say.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Save your money on that Vit. K cream. I got some years ago to use on my instep, just below the inner ankle bone, where the skin is very thin. I have loads of spider veins. My dermatologist said schlerotherapy wouldn't work there and "I'd be scraping you off the ceiling" from the pain. So I bought Dermal K and used it for three months and nothing but nothing happened.

Copper peptides are supposed to thicken the skin and I've been using SkinBiology's Skin Signals on my hands AM and skinbiology's LacSal PM to exfoliate. I've also just started with the dermaroller. I did my third roll, the deepest yet, a couple of days ago. I have tiny red dots all over my hands from it. I've been using CP in the AM and GofW vitamin serum at night.

If I could afford it I'd get fat injections. Not many doctors are good at it which is why people don't get good results.

I've also started getting the papery crepey old lady skin on my upper forearm near the elbow, like the previous poster. I also work out with weights and am slim and fit. I figure most people will notice my body shape, face and neck, not my arms as much. Besides, you can always wear sleeves but you can't cover up your face unless you want to move to Saudi Arabia. You have to pick your battles in the aging game! Laughing
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I like the idea of UV gloves. I wouldn't wear them walking around (during the winter I'm sure my North Face Mittens are doing the job), but to keep in the car for driving is an idea.

I have heard that vit. K helps reduce the appearance of the tiny veins, but I didn't notice any difference. (I used a vit. K serum). For the hands, I think it is what is going on around the veins, i.e. loss of fat, and thinning of the skin, as much as the veins themselves.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
Frodo wrote:
What size dermaroller are you using and what products if any? TIA

Hey Frodo, let us know your results if you try it. I'm curious to see how it works for someone else.[/quote]

I just got my .75 DM yesterday (yes, I am still a wimp) and plan on starting tomorrow on my hands. I thought I was doing pretty good with going from .25 to .75. Smile The price is so reasonable that once I get use to it I will probably jump up soon. I purchased the new one at Beauty & Health Equipment Outlet and I received it really fast. What a nice product and I love the case. This one, just looking at it looks nicer that my Leaf & Rusher one. Also, I really liked the insert they included, it says "We know you had many choices when considering your purchase. Thank you for choosing us."

Not sure what product I will start with but I do have some CP's around somewhere so maybe that will be it. I'll go thru my gobs of stash and see if there is something else to use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Frodo - Can't wait to hear how it goes. I just bought my first dermaroller and plan to use it hands and face.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |