Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Care - Please Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rudra

Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I started new skin care regime last week, and I was wondering if someone can tell me what else to add because my skin feels dry , and I was told last year that its dehydrated.My skin is normal to dry and in winter tends to get bit drier
my skin care routine which is :

Clean face with Rhassoul Clay Cleansing Bar
Argline serum - Janson beckett Skin prep
Copper pepetide Serum - NCN
SPF 30 Botox Alternative face cream - NCN

Night:

Face wash with the microfiber cleansing cloth
Restore and protect night cream - NCN

Im so confuse as to what to get from skinactive or somewhere else specially for night creme de la mar or coffee cream or marine cream or ELS its like being lost in big candy store.
Please help !!!
Thanks
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Rudra wrote:
Hi,
I started new skin care regime last week, and I was wondering if someone can tell me what else to add because my skin feels dry , and I was told last year that its dehydrated. My skin is normal to dry and in winter tends to get bit drier my skin care routine which is :

Clean face with Rhassoul Clay Cleansing Bar
Argline serum - Janson beckett Skin prep
Copper pepetide Serum - NCN
SPF 30 Botox Alternative face cream - NCN

Night:

Face wash with the microfiber cleansing cloth
Restore and protect night cream - NCN

Im so confuse as to what to get from skinactive or somewhere else specially for night creme de la mar or coffee cream or marine cream or ELS its like being lost in big candy store.
Please help !!!
Thanks

Hi Rudra,

I'm not familiar with some of the particular lines you're using - but here are my thoughts - for what they're worth...

The clay bar might be a bit too drying? I know that people with oily skin use clay to help with excess oil - and it clay can be drying. Also, the ingredients that make soap able to be formed into bars can also be drying.

Often bar soaps contain the most aggressive surfactants, meaning they do the best job of picking up dirt and grime from the skin to be washed away. However, these surfactants do not rinse completely away and they have a high pH, making them the most irritating to the skin.

If you really like the convenience of bar soaps you might want to consider using a superfatted soaps. These soaps are created by a process called incomplete saponification. This is achieved by adding chemicals to the usual saponification process that prevents some of the oil or fat from being processed. Superfatting improves the moisturization of the product and makes it less irritating.

Additionally, there are lots of other cleansing methods (creams, oils, cleansing milks) that give dry skin a good cleansing, but don't strip the necessary oils from the skin - and don't disrupt the outer layers of the skin.

The microfiber cleansing cloth might be a bit too much to use on a nightly basis? If you are roughing up the skin's surface - it will tend to feel drier - and will lose moisture faster. Perhaps try using it every other night and see if it makes a difference?

One last thing - make sure you are drinking enough fluids. We tend to drink lots more in the warmer months - but not as much in the winter. One of the best ways to hydrate your skin (and entire body) is to ensure you are drinking enough fluids...

Hope this helps!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rudra & welcome!
You might try emailing Nancy @ NCNProSkincare, since you are using some of her products already. She is very helpful and might be able to get you on the right products for your skin type. She is nice about including samples with her orders too. Very good customer service.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I think you are using too much stuff on your face.

Clay soaps will dry your face, so if you have a dryness problem you might want to avoid those.

Superfatted soaps are great, and that's what I use to wash my face.

I would suggest NOT washing your face with any soap or cleanser in the morning, but just with cold water.

Then pat dry and apply a moisturizer - I found that SPF moisturizers are drying to me... Finding the right moisturizer is key to good and balanced skin. Unfortunately unless you make one for yourself, it's a trial and error...

In the evening, wash with superfatted soap and don't apply anything to your face, let it regenerate on it's own, otherwise you are not giving it a chance.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
You will probably get better advice if you post in the general skincare forum--this one is limited to tools and DIY issues.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Try adding hydrating mist after cleanser, rare minerals has a great one. It preps the skin and gets it ready for the skin care products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |