Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Mineral Makeup? What kind do you use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babs1031
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Bare Escentials for a while but like everyone else, always looking for one that might be better. I have heard and read mixed reviews about BE so I would love to hear what MMU everyone else is using and what your thoughts are about it. Thanks!!!!
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Australian Certified organic line of Miessense from One Group.

I checked out the Bare escentuals, and don't like their Bismuth ingredient in it, it's not really a good addition and can be without.
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Everyday minerals provide free sample. Maybe you can order some to have a try.
panzz
5% products discount

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Laura Mercier's Mineral Makeup? I read rave reviews on MUA.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I've tried the Bare Minerals - but couldn't get them to look right. Had a bit more success with Jane Iredale - but I still don't think that powder MMUs are for me... Sad
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Terra Firma Cosmetics.....see terrafirmacosmetics.com They are located out in Washington State and have beautiful colors. But the most important issue to me was the fact that they scored quite highly on cosmeticsdatabase.com with regard to safety. I live in Western Pennsylvania and their shipments arrive in just two days! Check out their website. They are offering free first class shipping until December 15th.
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a few different lines and I love, love, love Jane Iredale mineral make up. It is a little pricey but so nice and has SPF.

I use the amazing base loose powder (preferred for combination skin) the press is for dryer skin. I bought the moonglow bronzer, LOVE IT!

I also have a few other products such as blush and the spritzes to help set your make up are nice smelling and feel great. Definitely like this line although I did try everyday essentials and KMS minerals and I liked them as well.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
i beeen using everyday minerals....and its not to bad i mean i havnt had any problems with it so far and it provides good coverage hard to find your color shade though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. It was tough to find shades because I bought them online and can you really trust the colour from the screen?

I played it safe and went with lighter colour and that way if I need to add bronzer to match it I would.

Everyday was cheaper too....but I am all for Jane Iredale...feels so good but costly.
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I mix them in with my moisturizer, otherwise they get cakey in my wrinkles Sad
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I am using BE foundation and like the natural feeling it gives and the easiness of applying it. But as it does not give much coverage, sometimes I have to turn back to liquid foundation. Embarassed
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I like Becca's foundation.It is also a mineral foundation. Very Happy
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I use Serious Skin Care in medium. They only have 3 colors though. So far it is the best I have found, but haven't tried JI or LM. It is finely milled and has just enough sheen, not too much. You can return after 30 days if you don't like it.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I use Raesin Images mineral foundation. They have a few different formulations and an amazing range of shades.
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
i use BE... am relatively satisfied with it, not blown away... but the lightest one matches my skin tone exactly, which rarely happens with makeup of any kind. it's not fully matte-it has a pearly finish which some people detest, but i like it & find it more natural looking. it can be made more matte by using the mineral veil over it.

my gripes are the same as with other powder MMUs: it is somewhat drying, & looks downright nasty on very dry/flaky skin (this provides excellent motivation to exfoliate regularly Rolling Eyes), and can enhance the appearance of pores (an effect which is lessened if a primer is used).

i too find it necessary to use concealer underneath for blemishes/redness. you
can build coverage with the BE, but for me one thin layer of concealer looks & feels much better than five layers of BE caked on over problem areas.
ceci
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
i use MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo, very long lasting and easy to blend.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Youngblood for the last 5 months and am liking it so far. The only thing that bothers me is that my skin becomes shiny pretty soon after I put it on. I do have oily skin so I guess that's normal. I have been using clinique before and didn't have the same problem. But I guess it's better to deal with a little shine than unhealthy foundation on your skin Smile.
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried them all BE, Everyday Minerals, Fresh Minerals, Uglogirl, but I always go back to Alima Pure. They are the only one's that have the best color match for me (Warm 6). Just love the feel, the packaging, and their customer service. They can also custom match and have generous samples.
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I have tried many mineral foundations, and actually prefer the L'Oreal Bare Naturale.

My sister swears by BE, and also likes physician's formula.

I think the most important thing is technique and using a good brush. I use a Luscious Kabuki (bought on ebay for $20, it is awesome and i've had it for 3 years with no shedding or any other issues) and a light application.

Then, if I remember, I mist my face with Avene water to set the foundation.

I have also tried everyday minerals and liked it.

I was not a fan of BE as it seems to leave me shiny.
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I use mm from Meow cosmetics. It is perfect for my oily skin.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Laura Mercier's (LM). I've used BE and Youngblood (YB). LM's doesn't crease as did BE and YB. I also find LM to be finer, so I could actually get that flawless, poreless look without a primer.

I gotta thank the folks here at EDS forum for the retin a, vitamin c, and all those recommended actives that I'm using now. My skin is the best it's ever been - even without makeup!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
What's your skin regimine now? My face had been great too since coming to EDS!

Blaze wrote:
I highly recommend Laura Mercier's (LM). I've used BE and Youngblood (YB). LM's doesn't crease as did BE and YB. I also find LM to be finer, so I could actually get that flawless, poreless look without a primer.

I gotta thank the folks here at EDS forum for the retin a, vitamin c, and all those recommended actives that I'm using now. My skin is the best it's ever been - even without makeup!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Everydayminerals brand is good. They have awesome brushes too and very reasonably priced. Their sample kit is free, you only have to pay for shipping.
www.everydayminerals.com.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I use Amazing cosmetics and Colorscience make-up. prefer Amazing cosmetics for it stays put the whole day without touchups.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love Lumiere Mineral makeup in the Veena Velvet formulation!! It's made by Lumiere Cosmetics.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |