Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi-redness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering when the redness goes away. I have been on the Nuderm system for 10 weeks and I find that I still have this slight red tint to my face compared to the rest of my body. How long does this last?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
It probably will last the entire time, to be honest. How often are you using the Exfoderm? That is what causes a lot of the redness. You can back off using that to every other day or a couple times a week, which will help with the redness and does not seem to affect the outcome. Also, ZO Skin Health (Obagi's over the counter line) has a great product called Growth Factor Serum that can be used while on the Nu Derm, which helps alleviate the dryness/redness.

Hope that helps!
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I was just wondering when the redness goes away. I have been on the Nuderm system for 10 weeks and I find that I still have this slight red tint to my face compared to the rest of my body. How long does this last?

i am bit of sensitive skin ,and this stuff is not working for me at all. waist money
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
tinali0202 wrote:
i am bit of sensitive skin ,and this stuff is not working for me at all. waist money

How long have you been using the Nu Derm and what is your regimen? It is a long process and you will be red, dry, irritated, etc. Are you under the care of a derm/nurse?
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
It probably will last the entire time, to be honest. How often are you using the Exfoderm? That is what causes a lot of the redness. You can back off using that to every other day or a couple times a week, which will help with the redness and does not seem to affect the outcome. Also, ZO Skin Health (Obagi's over the counter line) has a great product called Growth Factor Serum that can be used while on the Nu Derm, which helps alleviate the dryness/redness.

Hope that helps!

I am using the exfoderm everyday as instructed. I still have another 6 weeks left until the end of my regimen. My derm put me on the kit for 4 months. I would like to do the Blue Peel some time, eventually.
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I am also wondering if it's ok to use an exfoliating glove or loufa on my face regularly or is that effecting my skin on the Nu derm. I find that I am flaking and peeling so much that it helps to get rid of the skin by using the glove and messaging it all over my face. The flakes are gone but I was just wondering if I can do that, is it bad, does it matter?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I am also wondering if it's ok to use an exfoliating glove or loufa on my face regularly or is that effecting my skin on the Nu derm. I find that I am flaking and peeling so much that it helps to get rid of the skin by using the glove and messaging it all over my face. The flakes are gone but I was just wondering if I can do that, is it bad, does it matter?

That is fine to do. Just remember to be gentle! I have found that the ZO Skin Health exfoliating polish is also really good at getting rid of the flakes!
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

That is fine to do. Just remember to be gentle! I have found that the ZO Skin Health exfoliating polish is also really good at getting rid of the flakes!

Don't do what I did and aggressively exfoliate just before a holiday party. Not a good idea. And, makeup just doesn't want to stick to red, raw skin... Embarassed

(So, when *is* EDS gonna carry ZO anyway??? I refuse to go to Neiman's and pay sales tax on top of high prices...)
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Once EDS gets the ZO line I am going to consider getting the polish. My redness isn't that bad, certainly not like it used to be. That's a good question, I wonder if they would switch it for a toner. Makes more sense at least. I will be purchasing another Obagi system just waiting for ZO and making the whole purchase at once.
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
Once EDS gets the ZO line I am going to consider getting the polish. My redness isn't that bad, certainly not like it used to be. That's a good question, I wonder if they would switch it for a toner. Makes more sense at least. I will be purchasing another Obagi system just waiting for ZO and making the whole purchase at once.

Sorry that last part about the toner was refering to another thread. Confused
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just read on the ZO thread that the products have been shipped to EDS. So, EDS should start selling ZO any day now! Very Happy
thenew40

Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am new on this site and a 6 week Obagi NuDerm girl! Wow what a long, dry, flaky, red road this has been. I am at the stage where I am hardly flaking at all, but during the day I just get really, really red...does anyone experience this and when does it go away. I hate it but most people think I have been in the tanning bed...I do not like having a red face...any thoughts? Neutral
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:56 am      Reply with quote
thenew40 wrote:
Hi everyone, I am new on this site and a 6 week Obagi NuDerm girl! Wow what a long, dry, flaky, red road this has been. I am at the stage where I am hardly flaking at all, but during the day I just get really, really red...does anyone experience this and when does it go away. I hate it but most people think I have been in the tanning bed...I do not like having a red face...any thoughts? Neutral

Welcome to EDS, thenew40 (love your screen name!). I think almost all of us experience/experienced the redness. I believe it is caused by the Exfoderm. As to how long it lasts, probably all the way through! The only way I could turn down the redness was using Dr. Lewinn's sunscreen. It is a pasty white sunscreen, but when it is applied, it did not leave too much of a white cast - just enough to make my face look not quite as red!
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
thenew40 wrote:

Welcome to EDS, I am new to this forum/website as well and I love the help and info that I have been receiving.

As far as the redness, I am on week 10 and the flaky dry stage is subsiding but I still have the redness. Although not as bad as before I notice a slight tint.

I have received a lot of recommendations towards to the ZO polish that it is supposed to help with the redness and flaky skin. I am considering incorporating some of the new ZO into my maintenance program.

How are you liking the system? Happy with the results?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Jeffiner, the ZO polish will not help with the redness, just the flaking. You can incorporate the ZO Growth Factor Serum in to help with the redness.
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks!

I am just wondering if the ZO line is not for me. Am I too young to be purchasing items like this? Should I just stick to Obagi. I like to do as much research as possible before I leap into something.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
Thanks!

I am just wondering if the ZO line is not for me. Am I too young to be purchasing items like this? Should I just stick to Obagi. I like to do as much research as possible before I leap into something.

How old are you, Jeffiner?
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I will be 26 in June.
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I will be 26 in June.

Lucky, Jeffiner! Ah, to be that young again!!!

LOL - I think that the ZO line might be a bit of overkill for someone of your youth! Very Happy (Not to mention, I think there are a lot of products that would do you good - and not cost nearly as much...)

Just MHO, though...
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate that. I am going whacko over here trying to come up with a strategy for my face. I love Obagi and I will continue the maintenance I just wanted something to increase the results. I know this may not pertain to the thread but I have been reading about those dermarollers, is that for younger skin as well. I am just trying to see how aggressive I should go or maybe try a peel of some sort. I am confused.

The starter kit for the ZO line seems like a good buy I was just saying on another thread how it works out to be cheaper to buy the kit as opposed to the full size bottles - see the ZO topic thread, Bethany broke it down for us.

Ok I am babbling on and on. I appreciate your help. Any recommendations for something to add into the Obagi regimen?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I think you are too young, as well, Jeffiner. I also think you are too young for a dermaroller. In your 20's, you don't need "heavy duty" stuff. Use a topical C every morning, use Retin A every evening or even every other evening, wear a sunscreen every single day, and just be happy!

I am not sure what you mean when you say you are just trying to increase the results with Nu Derm? Can you explain more?
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate your advice as well...I am going to save a lot of money not purchasing the ZO line just yet.

I just meant to get the maximum results as far as getting rid of brown spots(they were bad) and acne and having glowing skin. I am using all the things that you mentioned and I will have to be good with that. I just realized the damage that I have caused from being in the sun so much without sunscreen and how bad my pigmentation got. I am looking at my skin and I want to take care of it.

Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I appreciate your advice as well...I am going to save a lot of money not purchasing the ZO line just yet.

I just meant to get the maximum results as far as getting rid of brown spots(they were bad) and acne and having glowing skin. I am using all the things that you mentioned and I will have to be good with that. I just realized the damage that I have caused from being in the sun so much without sunscreen and how bad my pigmentation got. I am looking at my skin and I want to take care of it.

Laughing

I definitely understand! Just keep on with the Obagi for the full 18 weeks and I think you will have the skin you are after. I will say that there are some people who need to do an extra 6 week cycle after the 18 weeks (total of 24 weeks), to get the pigmentation completely gone. You are really wise to start taking care of your skin so young. I waited until I turned 40. Rolling Eyes
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffiner13 wrote:
I appreciate that. I am going whacko over here trying to come up with a strategy for my face. I love Obagi and I will continue the maintenance I just wanted something to increase the results. I know this may not pertain to the thread but I have been reading about those dermarollers, is that for younger skin as well. I am just trying to see how aggressive I should go or maybe try a peel of some sort. I am confused.

The starter kit for the ZO line seems like a good buy I was just saying on another thread how it works out to be cheaper to buy the kit as opposed to the full size bottles - see the ZO topic thread, Bethany broke it down for us.

Ok I am babbling on and on. I appreciate your help. Any recommendations for something to add into the Obagi regimen?

Hi Jeffiner,

Well, if you're going wacko - I think you're in good company. I think a lot of people might consider an entire forum dedicated to our faces rather "wacko" - LOL

Glad to hear that you like Obagi. If it's your first time on it (this is my first round of Nu Derm too) then I might wait and see to find out what your end results will be. Rileygirl can vouch for the fact that, in his book, Dr. Obagi has patients who are on Nu Derm for far longer than the 18 weeks - and their results (esp. with hyperpigmentation) have been pretty spectacular. I'm still waiting to see what my results are going to be. (Sure hope it's worth all the peeling and pinkness!)

I don't necessarily think you need to bring out the big dermaroller guns right now - but you might get good results with a 0.25 or 0.5mm. Those don't really puncture the skin as deeply - but can help your topical products penetrate the skin better.

And, I know you probably won't want to hear it - but a high SPF sunscreen every day is a MUST. There are some studies that state that up to 90 percent of skin changes commonly thought to be a part of aging are actually caused by the sun, and the sun is responsible for 90 percent of all skin cancers. (This means that what we think of as "aging" (aka spots, melasma, roughness and keratoses) is really just sun damage.)

Of all the things you could do for your face - sunscreen is the best, most proven and possibly one of the cheapest options available.

(Okay, now I sound like my mom. I'll stop now...)
Wink
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I know I know sun = bad. I love it though and its too bad that it is so terrible for you. But we can be thankful for anti aging products on the market. Life is short so I won't hide completely from it but I will protect. I am just learning and discovering how important sunscreen is. I never really used it but I won't continue that bad habit.
How long have you been on the nuderm not sure if you mentioned?
The pinkness and flakiness I have been told lasts all throughout but I will say it gets better I just can't wait to see what it will all look like after the 18 weeks. Goodluck to you and we will always have the wackos to consult with lol!!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |