Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

unhappy with my dental work
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just had a bridge placed in my lower teeth to replace some missing teeth that I was born without. They are in the front of the mouth so they are quite visible. Unfortunately I am unhappy with how it turned out. The false teeth look kind of large and bulky, and the color is off. You can tell it is not the same color or translucency of the surrounding teeth. I am not sure what to do! This cost $2500 to do. It was covered 50% by insurance. Should I go back to my dentist and complain or should I see what another dentist says? Should I just forget about it since I have perfectionist tendancies? But I really think it does not look great. Any tips? I wonder if anyone here has been in this predicament. I feel it is my own fault since I should have gone to a dentist who specializes in cosmetic dentistry to have this done in the first place. Thanks
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh well, perfectionist or not, if it's in YOUR mouth, it matters! I would go back and calmly explain to the dentist what I do not like about it, and ask him what he could do to make it better. If he is a caring professional, he should be willing to work with you on it. Most dentists realize that a person's smile is their best asset and want to do a good job, I think. Just be calm and respectful, as I'm sure you are anyway, amonavis. I hope he will work with you on it.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Chances are you that your dentist sent it out... and didn't make it up himself.

I would contact your insurance and let them know. See what kind of assistance they will help with...

Then call the dentist and say "look, I've tried to get used to it... but I find it more and more distracting. Here's what I would like fixed. The color is off... (you can even get a shade stick in a tube of whitening toothpaste) and let him know how many shades you think it's off by... Also, that you want the opaqueness (is that a word?) altered...

I KNOW Exactly what you're talking about, I have bonding on my teeth and I'm hyper sensitive to coloring... It should match YOUR exisiting teeth. (it can be sad if your other teeth are not so bright... at which point I would suggest having your natural teeth whitened BEFORE matching a bridge.) Technology is advanced enough to do this..

Now regarding size. That is something I would say really sit back and analyze. I think it's VERY easy to think teeth are too big when they aren't because you're just not accustom to the size... HOWEVER, they should be in appropriate proportion to your existing teeth..

One of the things I would do... is take a wide open mouth picture of yourself... and pull it into photoshop.... even if it's not perfect... you can play with the coloring of your teeth... and you can also "erase" some of the bulk... if you can figure out how you would like it to look... I would even print that out and show the dentist...

They should be willing to fix your teeth...Unfortunately this is something that would have been really important to make clear up front... "how do you gaurantee satisfaction." I have a family member that went back to her dentist at least 5 times before she got the teeth she wanted... and the dentist even ended up changing "artists" (I don't know what that person is really called)... before they got it to her liking.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
If you're not 100% happy with the results - go back and talk to your dentist about it. Otherwise it will bug you forever and in the future you will become annoyed with yourself that you didn't have the courage to go back and tell him you were unhappy. Believe me - I know from experience!
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your answers. Actually my dentist is a she. She is the sweetest nicest lady, I just feel bad to complain about it, since I know she did her best. But I should go back and tell her the issues I have with it. It was manufactured in a lab, its true. The tooth shape they chose seems odd to me. But its mostly the color that annoys me. I had tooth whitening done, I followed her advice, and discontinued the whitening trays 3 days prior to the color analysis. Anywho, it turns out that my teeth became quite discolored in the week that followed. I guess tooth whitening is quite temporary Rolling Eyes So now my bridge is quite a bit more white looking than the other teeth, which makes it stand out. I feel bad doing this, but God knows I payed enough for this bridge, so I am assuming she can afford to re-do it so the color is correct.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
What finally happened with this? Have you spoken to your dentist?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:51 am      Reply with quote
She is on holidays right now. Next week when I pick up my dental whitening tray I will tell her my concerns about the color, and mention that my teeth do not stay bleached for long, so this will always be an issue, so I will ask her how we can improve the color match.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
hi amonavis,
I would talk to her and have it fixed. I know that I paid $$$$ for dentures. It was "Natural Dentures Inc." He blamed me,was rude,it was a very bad experience. But,I'm sure you can get your insurance company to help.
Dont feel bad about complaining....
best of luck to you
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there - I am in the dental field - teach Periodontics and Preventive Dent.. You are entitled to be happy with something so permanent. There is NO EXCUSE for the big, bulky look on a bridge - that is old school looking. There are so many lovely options and labs that know how to do it right. Insist on what you want. Be nice but be confident.

amonavis wrote:
She is on holidays right now. Next week when I pick up my dental whitening tray I will tell her my concerns about the color, and mention that my teeth do not stay bleached for long, so this will always be an issue, so I will ask her how we can improve the color match.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |