Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tinted moisturizer/light foundation suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LisaV
5% products discount

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo (pretty oily T-zone) and very acne-prone skin.
I'm looking for a TM or light foundation with pretty good coverage and a natural finish (I like the coverage of LM OF TM, but it's so expensive in Canada and I don't know if I want to repurchase).
I'm leaning more towards purchasing a TM rather than a foundation because I like the ease of application (i.e. just quickly using my fingers) and packaging (squeeze tube). I don't know if there's a foundation like this out there..

Please recommend me a product! Smile
Jeffiner13
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I bought Jane iredales dream tint and I have used it a few times and so far haven't had any problems. Its my first time for TM and went blind into buying something. I have other products from the line so I thought I'd try it plus its SPF 20 which is nice. I put the loose powder over top and set it with a spritz and its nice coverage. Good luck I'm curious to see other suggestions as well I'm always looking.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is a good one, and available at Sephora:
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=1MWQQ4NYTCBWWCV0KRTQQAQ?id=P109936&categoryId=C12210

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is a sheer, lightweight formula with a hint of color you can use in place of foundation for a natural finish and a healthy glowing complexion. It contains a SPF 20 for the ultimate in anti-aging prevention.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've used both the Bobbi Brown and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers. Both provide a fair amount of coverage, actually--I sometimes find myself diluting with a bit of extra moisturizer when I am looking for extra-sheer coverage. Both apply nicely with a sponge or a skunk brush, and in a pinch with fingers. In the lightest shades, the Bobbi Brown is a bit more yellow toned, the Laura Mercier more beige toned. I think the Laura Mercier is a bit silkier in texture--perhaps more silicones in the formulation?

I like both of them, with a slight nod to the feel of the Laura Mercier and a slight nod to the Bobbi Brown on color tone.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer is a very nice, inexpensive tinted moisturizer. It can look quite natural if you can get a color match (the shade selection is somewhat limited), though the coverage is very light, lighter than Laura Mercier's, for instance. It also comes in a nice little pump bottle.

5% products discount

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I guess I should clarify of "LM OF TM" is Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer lol.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I use NCN's Sheer Mineral Tint SPF 20. I recommend this to everyone who's looking for a tinted moisturiser because I think it's great. I'm on to my seventh tube. It gives good coverage, doesn't streak and has a nice dewy finish. IMHO it's better than LM.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/6.html
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka's tinted day cream.
ella89

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hiya,

My favourite tinted moisturiser is the Aveda Inner Light Tinted Moisture Makeup SPF15.
I also like Jane Iredale Dream Tint SPF15 & Stila Sheer Colour Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser SPF30 (which is very sheer). I wasn't a fan of the Laura Mercier TM, especially since it doesn't have UVA sun protection.
Clinique's Moisture Surge Sheer Tint SPF15 & Prescriptives Traceless are also good Smile

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I've used both the Bobbi Brown and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizers. Both provide a fair amount of coverage, actually--I sometimes find myself diluting with a bit of extra moisturizer when I am looking for extra-sheer coverage. Both apply nicely with a sponge or a skunk brush, and in a pinch with fingers. In the lightest shades, the Bobbi Brown is a bit more yellow toned, the Laura Mercier more beige toned. I think the Laura Mercier is a bit silkier in texture--perhaps more silicones in the formulation?

I like both of them, with a slight nod to the feel of the Laura Mercier and a slight nod to the Bobbi Brown on color tone.

I have to say, Flitcraft, you have such an amazing way of articulating the subtleties of things!
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Nivea and even Ponds tinted moisturizer they were alrite....But I like Nivea better for some reason...

if you looking for tinted SS then i have used Bioderma tinted SS SPF 100 and that was great too only reason i stopped was cause its a chemical SS not physical and i wana go back to using physical SS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I was using Shiseido and thought it was quite good, but since I switched to mdskincare All-in-one tinted moisturizer sunscreen SPF 15 and use Alison Raffaele concealer (thanks, avalange) under it, the compliments have come about the radiance of my skin. Hey, not bad for being in my 60s. Granted MD Skincare is more expensive, but who doesn't like compliments?
Jaui

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:54 am      Reply with quote
if you want something that may help with oily skin and reduce shine, try MD Skincare's tinted moisturizer...

Also, Yves Saint Laurent has a line of "make up" that is put on top of product to prevent shine and also absorbs extra oils... I live in Malaysia and it has worked wonders in our humid climate
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
not officially marketed as a TM, but close: Tarte Smooth Operator.

It's sheer, it goes on like a TM and has SPF (20 iirc).

I love this stuff!
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I love Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
It's a 'self-made' product but I use a few sprinkles of mineral makeup and mix it in with my favorite moisturizer. It works really well and blends in nicely with the skin - assuming you have the right mineral makeup color for your skin. I found this technique easier to use than to find the right tinted moisturizer to match my skin tone.
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I vote for the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, too! Very natural looking and I, too, would add moisturizer if I want the sheerest coverage. If I want more drama, I just dust LM's Mineral Makeup over it. Really happy with the LM's products.
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:21 am      Reply with quote
i havent tried any other tinted moisturizers, but the one from Sisley is awesome... very lightweight, has some coverage, and provides a nice, healthy looking glow...

http://www.sisley-cosmetics.com/?page=produit&id_produit=196&type_categorie=maquillage&clef_categorie=2_34_40
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:24 am      Reply with quote
You may also want to try the new Smashbox TM - I wrote a review on it in the other forum - I like it a lot.

The Stila TM is also good.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
La Mer has a great lightweight foundation. Great coverage and stays on all day. A bit pricey but a little really goes a long way.
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi, check out my foundation review here, i have reviewed all of the foundations i have used so far, and theres quite a lot.

http://mybeautydiary-cc.blogspot.com/2009/05/foundation-comparison.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kiehl's tinted moisturizer spf 15 sunscreen

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 06, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
MDSkincare tinted moisturizer SPF 15. Excellent product in several shades. I use Medium in winter and Dark in summer. It gives a nice luminosity, I get compliments. Also sold by EDS which is always a great bonus!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |