Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please recommend a neck cream and a body cream.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am 31 combined-dry skin. Please recommend a neck cream and a body cream for me. Thank you Very Happy
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend doing the same anti-aging routine for your neck as you are doing for your face. I never forget my neck when I apply products.
However if the skin on your neck is more sensitive to actives than on the face, you might use lower strength actives on the neck or apply them not daily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly.
I always apply the face cream with thick and oily texture on my neck.
Most of neck creams have similar formula as face cream.

And you also can add some lifting serum before the cream to help the sagging of the neck skin.
lily_lily
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have using the L'occitane Almond Milk Concentrate body cream. It's wonderful! It is thick and creamy so a little, unlike many other really rich moisturizers, immediately melt into skin without leaving a heavy greasy residue. my skin absorbs it quickly. Leaves my skin satiny-smooth and hydranted. It smells fresh and delicate when you apply it.
lily_lily
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also looking for a nice neck cream. my friend recommend Clarins neck cream for me. I want to give it a try.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
I would recommend doing the same anti-aging routine for your neck as you are doing for your face. I never forget my neck when I apply products.
However if the skin on your neck is more sensitive to actives than on the face, you might use lower strength actives on the neck or apply them not daily.

Thanks a lot
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo skin and I normally use more oily face creams on my neck. And also anti-wrinkle products. Somehow my neck seems to age much faster than my face.
Right now I'm using ROC's retinol night cream and top that with Elizabeth Arden's good night sleep cream.
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I hightly recomend Rodial Glam Blam for the neck cream. It is so effect for the deep neck lines. I have try many neck cream and Rodial Glam balm is the only effective for the deep neck line.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
i just use my body moisturizer on the neck as well. The body moisturizer is usually from ST Ives or Health Basics

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I just have the same questions.I like to buy many cosmetics in stock.When I don't like the one on face,I will use it on neck.So I think maybe it is not good for the neck.I am 30++,I want to get the suitable one for neck.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:58 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/hormeta-cream-for-the-nec-p_8599.htm

I really like Hormeta's cream. I got a sample (eds?) & have used it ever since. It is creamy, absorbs well & definitely has smoothed my neck & chest. It's the first "neck" cream that I have ever felt this way about. The Valmont didn't woo me and I previously used Darphin's Creme Energique - both costing ALOT more. For $55cdn this is a keeper for me!
dongdongaitangtang

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I have used Sisley neck cream and like it very much. It's soft and creamy and smells very natural. It can soothe and moisturize you skin and has anti-wrinkle function. But the only disadvantage is expensive. Confused
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:17 am      Reply with quote
my neck is really very bad and i tried the sisley neck creme as well... it did nothing for me... but the sisley global anti age (their most expensive moisturizer) is quite good...
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Is it just a marketing ploy to buy 'neck' creams! Our face is surely as sensitive as our necks. I have a friend that pays $260 for a neck cream! I challenge her whether her face regime, also expensive, surely would be sufficient enough to use on her neck?
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I used to believe that they were unnecessary & hyped as well but the skin on your chest is definitely different. Through many mistakes (albeit well intended trys) - Retin A, Tazorac & chemical peels I found that my neck & chest area took all of the treatments way more seriously than my face Neutral I ended up with rough red patches & sometimes scabbing - and this would be at the same time, same day & with the same product used on my face. Confused
Now I use a low dose otc retinol product on my chest & a higher percentage of the same on my face. (ZO curreently being the retinol of choice) If the day comes that I ever do go back to Taz or Retin A I will be wiser & better prepared. That applys to neck creams as well. No matter what we think (or rationalize) the decollete area is different! Cool
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Ruth Marion, I put the challenge out, curious because I think many companies take advantage of the different body areas, creating products of amazingly similar constitutents. However, I agree, my decollage is terribly more sensitive to many products than my face? Its hard to believe. I would have thought the opposite. Thank goodness someone else is the same! The Zo system I have been reading about. Its not available in Australia. Ruth Marion, are you happy with it. It sound like a great anti aging regime!

P.S The whole Retin a thing completely confuses me. I have read sooooooooo much good and bad, I now just dont want to go near it..... only because of pure confusion!!!! Shock Shock Shock Shock
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I am thoroughly enjoying the ZO products. (incorporated with my AlphaDermaCE & Vivier Vitamin C) I am using them sparingly until I have all of the items that I want & then I'll jump in with both feet. The sunscreen is on a par with no other - it has been the best find of all! As much as I like the Radical Night Repair I think that I will surely alternate it with my own top quality retinol - at least for now. ($$$$) I am concentrating all of the ZO items on my neck & chest as well as my face. I should note that I have found an undiscovered area to concentrate on & that's the BACK of my neck. With my ear length hair exposing my neck... Yikes! A few months ago when my hairdresser gave me the mirror to look at the back of the haircut I was horrified Shock . I didn't see my haircut at all. Only the criss- crossy lines that had started to form on my neck. Sad Granted it looks a lot better than most people my age (57) but it sure took me by surprise. All I needed was the scream from the movie Psycho to complete the experience! Sad Now I'm doing weekly microderms (PSF, Cellcosmet, Darphin, Valmont...), peels (PSF Pumpkin - great, Janson Beckett - great, YSL Pure - good, Ice Elements Neutral - only until it's used up. Then I'm masking it too with everything that I have ever purchased. I'm also doing derm microdermabrasions & glycolic peels. AND using sunscreen! After about 4 months all is looking better but far from great.
**WARNING** Everyone take a good look at the back & nape of their necks before it's too late for damage reversal**
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I am thoroughly enjoying the ZO products. (incorporated with my AlphaDermaCE & Vivier Vitamin C) I am using them sparingly until I have all of the items that I want & then I'll jump in with both feet. The sunscreen is on a par with no other - it has been the best find of all! As much as I like the Radical Night Repair I think that I will surely alternate it with my own top quality retinol - at least for now. ($$$$) I am concentrating all of the ZO items on my neck & chest as well as my face. I should note that I have found an undiscovered area to concentrate on & that's the BACK of my neck. With my ear length hair exposing my neck... Yikes! A few months ago when my hairdresser gave me the mirror to look at the back of the haircut I was horrified Shock . I didn't see my haircut at all. Only the criss- crossy lines that had started to form on my neck. Sad Granted it looks a lot better than most people my age (57) but it sure took me by surprise. All I needed was the scream from the movie Psycho to complete the experience! Sad Now I'm doing weekly microderms (PSF, Cellcosmet, Darphin, Valmont...), peels (PSF Pumpkin - great, Janson Beckett - great, YSL Pure - good, Ice Elements Neutral - only until it's used up. Then I'm masking it too with everything that I have ever purchased. I'm also doing derm microdermabrasions & glycolic peels. AND using sunscreen! After about 4 months all is looking better but far from great.
**WARNING** Everyone take a good look at the back & nape of their necks before it's too late for damage reversal**

Dear RuthMarion

Thank you for your warning. I have never paid attention to my back neck.

I read some post about ZO products these days and also got interested in them. But I worried whether the ZO products were too strong for me and which products were suitable for me. Could you give me some advice? Very Happy
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Yiying,
I think that any exfoliating, peel or mask for sensitive skin would be good to start with. Even then I would say to start slowly & gently. The same with a retinol - it's available within skin creams/lotions or as a low dose serum. My skin tends to rosacea but as a whole isn't sensitive so maybe someone else here can help with a good product line for that. Just remember, whenever you start something like this it's even more important to use a sunscreen Exclamation
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
Yiying,
I think that any exfoliating, peel or mask for sensitive skin would be good to start with. Even then I would say to start slowly & gently. The same with a retinol - it's available within skin creams/lotions or as a low dose serum. My skin tends to rosacea but as a whole isn't sensitive so maybe someone else here can help with a good product line for that. Just remember, whenever you start something like this it's even more important to use a sunscreen Exclamation

Thank you so much. I will try it step by step. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |