Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Good body moisturiser?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

I am having problems finding a good body moustiruser. Skin on my body is quite dry compared to the skin on my face and I have found that the supermarket moisturisers just don't go right into my skin but my skin stays really oily and then it goes dry again.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that is not very good.

Can I have some recommendations please? Smile

Thank YOu!
cycad

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Olive oil is cheap and effective.Cost little work a lot.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I get very dry skin and the best body moisturiser I've found is Kiehl's Crème de Corps - but it's expensive. A really great, much cheaper alternative is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion - smells fab and makes dry skin smooth and soft.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (fragrance free) and it moisturizes my skin well. Very Happy
leileieve
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I recommand vaseline. It is easy to find and works well. Another product I love is the E45 cream. It is a basic cream for the family, even safe for kids. It can be found in Boots. My mum said it is the best body cream she ever used.
puppysha
5% products discount

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I think you should use the body Scrub, and then follow with body moisture cream, I used The Body Shop's body butter, I feel very good and cheap price
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love using Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion. It's rich enough to be used as hand cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Gold Bond but read good reviews of it. I recommend avocado oil.
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I believe NeoStrata AHA15 lotion could work for you.
You know AHA is a good stuff to renew the skin and provide nice moisturizer as well. Many feedbacks have proved it effective, especially in winter time for very dry skin.
And I also agree with the idea to use scrub if no such AHA products applied.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist recommended a cream called Dermadrate, and it's fantastic for dry skin. If you can't find it in the US, you can order it online from Pharmacy Direct among others.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion any moisturizer is good for the body.....if your skin is really very dry you could take like 2 table spoons of olive oil or any other moisturizing oil to the shower. And after you had your shower in a bowl or cup or glass or whatever mix water with that oil and do a last rinse on your body with this mixture and dry. Thats your moisturizer there already. And then if you feel the need for you can add additional body moisturizers on top of that to your skin.

The moisturizer that i keep going back to is ST Ives Body MOisturizer....either their vanilla one or the vitamin E is quite nice and has a luxurious feel to it. I also quite like HealthBasic moisturizer

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I second the avocado oil. Put it on after shower or bath, then dry your skin. Very pleasant and a bottle from mountainrose lasts for a very long time.
Ferfer
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
I also have the skin problem. My skin always very dry even I use body lotion after shower.

I ever used the product Cle De Peau restorative body cream. The effect was good. My skin had improvement. However, the price is very expensive. Does anyone know good product with cheapr price? Thanks.
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Olive oil really work. I'm 6 months pregnant, my belly don't itch at all.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
My two favorites are Ecco Bella lotion (actually more like a creamy oil) from WF and Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil from any d/s. All of the other lotions, including Lubriderm, Gold Bond, Kiss My Face, 100% Pure,etc all left a film on my skin. You know the kind - you go to scratch and you end up with a lot of gunk under your fingernails.

The two that I like don't leave any film and leave my skin incredibly moisturized.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
leshan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
olive oil and Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion work well for me.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
I would also suggest Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion and Aveeno body lotion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I third the Avocado Oil. It is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. I got a bottle of it at Whole Foods and use it as a body oil right after I shower.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I also use the Aveeno, either the daily moisturizing lotion with oatmeal or the one with shea butter. My daughter likes Cerave cream or lotion. Although fairly inexpensive, the Aveeno seems superior to me to any more expensive body lotions I have tried. I also use a body oil blend (apricot kernel, sweet almond, wheat germ and jojoba) before I apply body lotion.
violet978
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I have the same issue/compliant - dry skin and body lotion not sinking in.

I started to use the Vaseline cocoa butter lotion and it is wonderful. Light scent, sinks right in and really does moisturize - and it's fairly inexpensive.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
leileieve wrote:
I recommand vaseline. It is easy to find and works well. Another product I love is the E45 cream. It is a basic cream for the family, even safe for kids. It can be found in Boots. My mum said it is the best body cream she ever used.

I was talking to a naturopath and she said that Vaseline is actually not good for you at all since it's got petrolium in it. The reason for this is that it can have an impact on the balance of your hormones. Weird but she said it's true.

I have been using Vaseline for years for my chapped lips but have now stopped and am using Body Shop aloe vera lip moisturiser.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
I second the avocado oil. Put it on after shower or bath, then dry your skin. Very pleasant and a bottle from mountainrose lasts for a very long time.

So what you're saying is to put in on wet skin and then dry the skin with the oil on it? Do I just pat dry it?
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
oooh i beeen using Vaseline for my lips to ALWAYS.......and its become a nightly routine/habit to use it before i sleeep else i cannot sleeep Confused

what are the ingrediants in the body shop lip moisturiser?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'll definitely be making a trip to the store to buy some avocado oil. Hopefully it'll work for me too.

Thanks girls!
Jaui

Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of Creme De Corps by Kiehl's... I know it's kinda pricey, but it definitely works and it's not so oily either. Also, the thing I like about Kiehl's is that you can go in and ask for a sample sachet so you can see for yourself whether or not it's right for you.

Another good product that I like (but hard to get in Malaysia where I live) is Bliss's range of body butters. Also a little pricey.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |