Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: AlphaDermaCE/Antiaging Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using ADCE for 3 months now. I noticed tonight two new improvements. My lip lines are approx. 80% gone. Also noted the tiny scar from the time I was a child on my upper lip is barely visable now(I wasn't even looking to improve this scar).

I have a point to make here: So many times we begin a skincare routine and after a few weeks we give up and say its not working. Then what do we do? We purchase something else and the cycle starts all over again. Please be patient! So many products claim instant gratification. I knew from the time I began my AD that I was going to stick with it. Damn, I purchased 4oz. AD, 4 oz. Prep., and Okusil. Well, now it's payday and I am extremely happy with the results.

Give your products time to do their thing!! It took a lot of time for many of us to get to the point that we were unhappy with our skin. It's going to take time and patients to get results.

If you spent the $$$$ on a product stick it out unless it is not agreeing with your skin.
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie, on your ADCE, what kind of brand did you use? Or have you already mention this on another thread?

Yes its true that one has to be a bit patient. Earlier this year I used a brand name Godiva - Fruit Revitalizing Acid - claiming in 7 days your skin will be finer and smoother. I know that it will take more than a week so I stick to it for few more months, then I start seeing good results on it. I still use it over my day and nite cream. Now I'm ready to use something for the wrinkle and fine lines. Don't see any wrinkle yet, but I'm not going to wait for this wrinkle to creep in! Shock Might as well start early to prevent them... not to mention that I'm going to be looking out for my neck/throat area too. Neutral

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, yes, I'm trying to take your advice. I think what happens is that I get so excited about a product that when nothing is visible for a while the excitement dies down and impatience builds up. Confused But I've started the autoship program with the AlphaDerma CE (Janson & Beckett) and I'm going to be patient for a good 3-4 months because my skin seems to just drink it in. And what it is supposed to do, and what you've experienced Winnie, is exactly what I need. Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh Winnie, you are so very right. I have adored the ADCE & Okusil since the very beginning yet I continue to seek the quick fix. (In my journey I have found many wonderful things Rolling Eyes ) But you are so so right. I am back to my original plan & all of the extras that I 've purchased can still be used but they're just that - extras. Facial exercise, ADCE, Vitamin C + Firming, & ES Masque here I come. But I still really, really like the new stuff Crying or Very sad I guess like Anne Shirley (of Green Gables) "I'm in the depths of despair" about this whole aging thing & patience will have to guide me. Besides, my skin isn't that bad anyway! Well, except for my vertical frown lines & the lines around my lips...80% you say? Congratulations!!! You have worked hard at it & you're winning Cool
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Guilty as charged ... Shock Winnie, you are right on! I've been changing products from left to right. Usually if I dont see anything then I switch to some other products, especially, I've been reading so many wonderful products here. How can I possibly try them all?
The AlphaDerma CE products are for mature skin? I am 33, would it be something I want to try at this stage. I dont have any wrinkles or lines yet. hmm I have a long to-buy list. and this AlphaDerma CE is not cheap.
Mabsy

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Heh, I share your problem. So many products and so little time! My skin lets me know when I've been trying too many though (like now Confused ).

Btw, I don't think argireline products are exclusively for mature skins. I use one (I'm 27) and my theory is that it's going to prevent the onset of lines because it relaxes the muscles - therefore I can't frown as much/deep. I'm not sure if that's true but it makes sense to me. So while my mum's seen very good results, I'm seeing none (have no wrinkles as yet) but I'm hoping that I'll be seeing them (results, not wrinkles!) in the future.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so what do you recommend to buy from this JB line?
skin prep
AlphaDerma CE
OkuSil
Do I want to buy all three? That's gonna be over $200!!!! Sad
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:04 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
OK, so what do you recommend to buy from this JB line?
skin prep
AlphaDerma CE
OkuSil
Do I want to buy all three? That's gonna be over $200!!!! Sad

You are only 33 so I would recommend PREP most definately. Now that it has HA Acid in it AWESOME! You can use the PREP under any product you now use as it will help the absorbtion and boost the benefits. Okusil has 10% Argireline and it addresses dark circles, puffiness and prevention of those lines and wrinkles from forming as Masby just stated. The AlphaDerma is great but if money is an issue I would start with the above.

Right now with the Holiday Special you are getting the Okusil for $39.95 with build your own. Okusil is regular: $84.95. With that special you would get: AlphaDermaCE, Okusil and Prep. for $199.90.

Winnie
Janson-Beckett Sales Rep. Cape Cod, MA
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,
what do you mean by "the Okusil for $39.95 with build your own"?
$199.90 is a bit too much for me cause I just ordered DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask and Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ High Potency Serum 10. (and before that I placed a big order about 5 weeks ago. Shock ) Is there anyway I can get a trial sample before spending big $$$.
Mabsy

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Happygirl - if your EDS order has not been processed yet then see if you can get a sample of the Vivier TMR (it's also a 10% argireline serum). That way you get to try an argireline serum before buying anything.

The $39.95 is what you have to pay extra on top of the $159 to get Okusil as your third item in the "build your own gift".

HTH
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mabsy. I'll ask for a sample next time if not this time.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Winnie.. if I can squeeze it in my budget, that is what I want to get from JB. The "build your own" with prep, ADCE, Okusil + the eyelid ampules.. but I just spent CA$210-ish with EDS.. and I really want a couple of Rosa y Fruita products... urgh.. and US$220-odd for JB.. well, if I wait till after Dec. 20th I move to another payment month on the CC... Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:13 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
Winnie,
what do you mean by "the Okusil for $39.95 with build your own"?
$199.90 is a bit too much for me cause I just ordered DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask and Vivier Vitamin-C IDS™ High Potency Serum 10. (and before that I placed a big order about 5 weeks ago. Shock ) Is there anyway I can get a trial sample before spending big $$$.

You can order samples of Janson-Becketts AlphaDerma, Prep and Okusil @ $5.00 each plus $4.00 S&H

Sales Rep. Janson-Beckett Cape Cod, MA
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to let everyone know that the Janson-Beckett products are not just for mature skin. I personally formulated these items and I can tell you that I had all ages and skin types in mind. The products are unique in that they not only restore damaged and aged skin back to it's youthful appearance, they also prevent the damage and slow down the aging process. So if you are young and just want to maintain your youth it's for you or if you have mature skin and want to restore it back to it's youthful appearance it's also for you. These products are for everyone who wants healthy youthful looking skin. One last thing, the Okusil is a 10% Argireline item formulated specifically for the eye area. It always has had the 10% argireline and that is why it is a product that can be used for the eye area without any other items in conjunction. That is also why it is priced the way it is, because of the high % of argireline.
Thank you
Ian Strassler
happygirl163 wrote:
u are right on! I've been changing products from left to right. Usually if I dont see anything then I switch to some other products, especially, I've been reading so many wonderful products here. How can I possibly try them all?
The AlphaDerma CE products are for mature skin? I am 33, would it be something I want to try at this stage. I dont have any wrinkles or lines yet. hmm I have a long to-buy list. and this AlphaDerma CE is not cheap.
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ian says "I personally formulated these items and I can tell you that I had all ages and skin types in mind."
Ian - do you mind tell us your background? are you a chemist?
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Btw, I don't think argireline products are exclusively for mature skins. I use one (I'm 27) and my theory is that it's going to prevent the onset of lines because it relaxes the muscles -

Mabsy....

Your assumption about the prevention of lines and wrinkles with Argireline products is correct. There have been articles to that effect in Cosmetic Surgery magazine and in reports from several research universities.

It's far better to prevent than to have to correct.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="JudyMarshall"]
Mabsy wrote:

YES YES YES!! You are SO right Judy. If I can keep my face looking fairly much like this for another 15 -20 years (I am 3Cool I will be in HEAVEN.

Besides, I have not taken the child plunge yet and if I decide to do that next year then I dont want to be some old hag mum at the playground Laughing
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="tiger_tim"]
JudyMarshall wrote:
Mabsy wrote:

Besides, I have not taken the child plunge yet and if I decide to do that next year then I dont want to be some old hag mum at the playground Laughing

I was quite young when my daughter was born and she has so much fun advising me on hairstyles and clothing and jewelry. If she thinks I'm letting my appearance slide, she will speak right up and make suggestions. She seems to enjoy having a younger looking Mom. In fact, now I'm a grandmom... or a Mimi to be exact.

JUDY

5% products discount

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:12 am      Reply with quote
What do you guys recommend for under eye circles, wrinkles and slight puffiness? Pls help.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:02 am      Reply with quote
cktjdavis wrote:
What do you guys recommend for under eye circles, wrinkles and slight puffiness? Pls help.

Hmmmmm, I have been searching for THE product(s) (dark circles and puffies) and I haven't found yet. Please keep me posted if you found it! wave
Mabsy

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:41 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
cktjdavis wrote:

Hmmmmm, I have been searching for THE product(s) (dark circles and puffies) and I haven't found yet. Please keep me posted if you found it! wave

For dark circles - Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue - my dark circle saviour! Very Happy But it's not very moisturising so a serum or another cream over it might be needed (depending on your skin).
Ian S.
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
My education comes from hands on experience. My father was one of the first male aestheticians in the US. He started this business in 1972 with a handful of chemists and professional aestheticians trying to be the first All Natural Skin Care company in the US. I joined him right after high school and never looked back. My experience comes from working side by side with experienced chemists for the better part of 16 years now. When I say I formulate something I mean that I tell our chemists what ingredients I want in a product and what results I want to achieve with it. My knowledge is of the ingredients and what works well with each other. Again strictly from hands on experience working with some of the BEST in the field. I also decide what percentages should be used to give the optimum effect by law. The real secret to this is the actual chemist who blends the products. Everyone can start out with the same ingredients and not come up with the same finished product. That is the real secret to making skin care that works. I don't care how many degrees you have if you don't have an even balance of the proper ingredients and the precise blending you can't be the best at what you do in this field. I don't want to sound conceited but I feel we have some of the best products hands down. That is directly related to having all the proper people involved from concept to final product. We have and always will put the customer first when we produce an item. Lets face it you can have the best packaging in the world and if the product doesn't work you will not get repeat customers. I take pride in formulating first class products with packaging to match. I always try to better myself with going to seminars and working with dermatalogists and anyone who can keep me on the cutting edge to better our products for you the consumer.
happygirl163 wrote:
Ian says "I personally formulated these items and I can tell you that I had all ages and skin types in mind."
Ian - do you mind tell us your background? are you a chemist?
Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Got my order today (sample size), and that was quick. Smile
I got the prep, okusil, and AlphaDerma CE. There was no instruction, but from reading some of the posts here, here is how I am going to use them:
After cleanser, use the prep, after the prep got fully absorbed, then apply the okusil under eye and AlphaDerma CE for the face. right?
I dont know how much effect I'll see since they claimed that it will take 15-30 days to appreciate the benefits. but, I'll let you know.
Mabsy

Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Right - but from I recall (no longer have the instructions, sorry!) on the prep it said something along the lines of "follow immediately by Alphaderma" so I'm not sure if you should be waiting between the prep and ADCE.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:38 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
Got my order today (sample size), and that was quick. Smile
I got the prep, okusil, and AlphaDerma CE. There was no instruction, but from reading some of the posts here, here is how I am going to use them:
After cleanser, use the prep, after the prep got fully absorbed, then apply the okusil under eye and AlphaDerma CE for the face. right?
I dont know how much effect I'll see since they claimed that it will take 15-30 days to appreciate the benefits. but, I'll let you know.

All the instructions are on their website and full size bottles. Here is my routine. After cleansing I apply the Mineral Prep on my whole face, neck and around the eye bone area (one pump does my whole face and neck). After it has absorbed I then apply AlphaDermaCE. I use AlphaDermaCE on my whole face and neck (I am 59). I use approximately 1/2 pump for my face and another 1/2 pump for my neck (both front and back of my neck). I try to take a tad more AlphaDermaCE and apply on any deeper frown lines and massage gentle in until absorbed. Last I pat Okusil on my lower eye from outside corner in with gentle tapping motions. On my upper lid I apply from inside corner out avoiding the lid.

As far as 15-30 days to see a difference??? I must disagree. I saw a difference right away. My skin plumbed up and felt firmer. However, it has been 5 months for me now and the results are cumulative. It all depends on your age, wrinkes and tone of your skin. I saw the first results in the tone.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Winnie
Janson-Beckett Sales Rep., Cape Cod, MA
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |