Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: AlphaDermaCE/Antiaging Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, How do you then incorporate the DMAE firming serum, I think I saw on one of the posts that someone is using the DMAE instead of the Prep & is it used all over the face as well? The website doesn't seem to specify order of application & wait time in between!
Many thanks,
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
ERDXZA
maria51va wrote:
Winnie, How do you then incorporate the DMAE firming serum, I think I saw on one of the posts that someone is using the DMAE instead of the Prep & is it used all over the face as well? The website doesn't seem to specify order of application & wait time in between!
Many thanks,
Maria

Maria,

I do use DMAE. I have been using AlphaDermaCE, Prep and Okusil for sometime before I started using the DMAE. I wanted to see if I could get more firming on my neck area. I tried using the DMAE under the AlphaDermaCE once a day. I do believe the DMAE firming fluid from the Salon line has helped with firming.

So, if you want to try DMAE you would put on before AlphaDerma (let it absorb first). However, I would always use Prep as my first choice under AlphaDerma.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie, for your prompt reply -it is my neck & jawline that I'd like to see firm up-so as I understand it - you cleanse, use the prep, then DMAE in the designated area, wait for it to absorb, then use AlphaDerm-whew! That can be a fulltime job!
And for eyes, I've got the vitalizing serum for eyes & okusil-I currently use the serum on my lid, & up to my eyebrow, then when it is absorbed use Okusil on my browbone & cheekbone-is that the correct order?
I'm sorry to have so many questions for you-but you do seem so knowledgeable about this line!
Thank you,
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
maria51va wrote:
Thanks, Winnie, for your prompt reply -it is my neck & jawline that I'd like to see firm up-so as I understand it - you cleanse, use the prep, then DMAE in the designated area, wait for it to absorb, then use AlphaDerm-whew! That can be a fulltime job!
And for eyes, I've got the vitalizing serum for eyes & okusil-I currently use the serum on my lid, & up to my eyebrow, then when it is absorbed use Okusil on my browbone & cheekbone-is that the correct order?
I'm sorry to have so many questions for you-but you do seem so knowledgeable about this line!
Thank you,Maria

I have not tried the Vitalizing Serum for eyes. That's next on my list. Sounds like you are doing it just fine.

Why don't you try just the DMAE on your neck for a few weeks. This way you can see the results. When I first tried the DMAE I wanted to target my neck. For the first two weeks I just put the DMAE on my neck....that's it. I put the ADCE over the Prep on my face. By doing this it won't seem overwhelming to you. Now I do what I explained in my previous post. I also suggest taking just a few minutes a day to do a few neck exercises. Put you head all the way back and look straight up at the ceiling. Open you mouth wide and do slow chewing motions for the count of ten. Relax you head and neck in a normal position and repeat the exercise 10 times. It really does make a difference. When I do it I can see the difference. I must say I am not always faithful to this. There are a few other ones. When I find a link I will send them to you. Carol Maggios book is excellent and simple.

Winnie
JB Sales Rep.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I was just browsing the Tony & Tina website the other day and found the facial exercises posted below. I printed them, but keep forgetting to do it. Sad I just printed yours too Winnie. Smile

-Cheri

Facial exercises

Your face is made up of interconnected, voluntary muscles that control facial expressions of happiness, passion, satisfaction, anger, sadness and so on. Given this fact, it makes sense that by toning the muscles of your face you will see your appearance improve. Facial exercises are a safe, effective alternative to cosmetic surgery. Following are some widely used exercises that will bring positive results when practiced regularly:

The natural face lift
Facing a mirror, open your mouth and, while tightening your cheek muscles, move your mouth as far as you can to the right and then the left. Then, puff up your cheeks with your mouth closed, sort of as if you were blowing something up. Repeat at least two times, twice a day.

Chin tuck
Holding your head and neck up, slowly pull your chin and head back and then forward as far as you can. Repeat several times. Then, with your shoulders back and head held high, use the back of your hand to tap under your chin. Repeat several times.

Chin definition
Pick your chin up, stick out your tongue and try to touch your nose. Repeat several times.

Sinus drainage
Using the tips of your middle and index fingers, apply pressure first on the inside of your brow bones and then underneath your cheekbones. When you begin, feel around until you experience sensitivity to the pressure. Push in and up for thirty seconds. Repeat at your brow bones.

Relaxing the face and neck
Let's face it, sometimes we all work and worry too much. When you experience a day fraught with pressure and anxiety, try the following relaxation technique. Crunch up your face as tightly as you can while squeezing your shoulders up and in. Hold for four counts and release. Repeat three times. Then, pretend your face, neck and body are like a rag doll's and shake everything loose. Don't forget about your hands and feet. Afterwards, do some light stretching…forward and backward and side-to-side.

Getting rid of toxins
You retain a lot of toxins in the skin cells of your face, so it's a good idea to massage it everyday. With the tips of your fingers massage your face in a circular motion concentrating on your chin, cheeks, temple and forehead. Remember that when you release toxins you have to wash them away, so follow up by drinking plenty of water.
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, Winnie & Phredd!
I actually do own the Maggio tape & Cynthia Rowland's-I'm just so bad about doing them! Which is silly-I'm good at exercising the rest of my body! Your simple advice for the neck is one I can surely get into my life!
Maria
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I now received both packages from EDS and JB, and I got just too many new things to try. Rolling Eyes Do you use the JB products with vic-C? if so, do you use it before or after?
Mabsy

Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
I now received both packages from EDS and JB, and I got just too many new things to try. Rolling Eyes Do you use the JB products with vic-C? if so, do you use it before or after?

Yes, my mum does and I have too on occasion. If you have got the JB prep then that goes first, then the vit C, then the ADCE.
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,Do you also JB's product with argerline or vivier's?Are there any other products with argerline in them?How often do you use in a week?How do you use them?I am also in my 20's and I am interested.Thanks a lot
Mabsy

Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:33 am      Reply with quote
sats wrote:
Mabsy,Do you also JB's product with argerline or vivier's?Are there any other products with argerline in them?How often do you use in a week?How do you use them?I am also in my 20's and I am interested.Thanks a lot

Hi Sats,

I am using the JB at the moment, I haven't yet tried the Vivier TMR although I'd like to be able to compare the two. Mum also uses the JB but with Vivier vit C serum underneath.

As far as I know, other products with argireline apart from JB - Vivier Topical Muscle Relaxant, CSRx's Relax-a-line, and Bioque. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

Btw, I don't think argireline products are exclusively for mature skins. I use one (I'm 27) and my theory is that it's going to prevent the onset of lines because it relaxes the muscles - therefore I can't frown as much/deep. I'm not sure if that's true but it makes sense to me. So while my mum's seen very good results, I'm seeing none (have no wrinkles as yet) but I'm hoping that I'll be seeing them (results, not wrinkles!) in the future.

What argireline products are you using?
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
You wrote you are using JB products, but what ecaxtly are you using for your skin. I am also in your age range and very interested. Wink
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy is right. Argireline not only improves lines and wrinkles, but also helps prevent them from forming. The way it prevents wrinkles is by relaxing the muscles, but also by inhibiting catacholamine release and by inhibiting the snare complex. The last two are exactly the same action as Botox, but to a less significant degree of intensity (and less in cost). Argireline has been said to be the only topical ingredient that "mimics the action of Botox". Cosmetic Surgery magazine also says that many cosmetic surgeons who give Botox injections are also recommending Argireline products to help extend the life of Botox injections.

Just to add to the list that Mabsy mentioned, the Esthers Secret serum also has the 10% Argireline concentration that is required to see the same results as that shown in the clinical trials.

JUDY

Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
AlphaDerma 5-Day Sample Pack (4 items)
You've asked for it...and now it's available! Janson Beckett's AlphaDerma 5 Day Sample Pack contains a five day supply of: Organic Cleansing Milk, AH3 Facial Skin Prep, OkuSil, and AlphaDerma CE.

As a limited time offer and until suplies last, receive this Sample Pack from EDS for free, a $19.95 USD value. (Standard shipping fees apply)
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
i just started renova from drem dr.i m 48 and the lines and wrinkles are not all that bad but bad enough. i also have rosaca and broken caps on cheeks. can i stop the renova and wait and try this product or keep using the renova ? the more i read about it, it sounds scary.i sure dont want and damage to my skin. i just started this saturday the 20th ? and im ready to stop. it doesnt bother my skin. but what i have read on the board about this product i want to try it.. i guess im one of those gotta try everything group. lol.. what should i do ? lassie1234
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
You stated your Doctor just started you on Renova. Give it a chance. You might be very happy with the results. I have read a few of your recent posts. You seem uncertain about Renova. Sad You mentioned a few other products you are using and considering glycolics Shock . Please don't start going out buying a ton of products. Your derm should be recommending a complete line for you while under his/her care. As I said in another post: You are paying for a doctor's services and they should be guiding you with a complete routine while on the Renova. I work for Janson-Beckett and would not steer you in this direction right now.

Good luck!

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
hi winnie Very Happy been waiting for ya. i do like what i have been reading about your product. how long should i wait. like i said, i have been reading alot on renova and some is good and some is bad. i just started this rx this past saturday. i think i want something instant Exclamation i read 24 weeks and longer for any results. thats along time. or is that normal for a product to show improvments Question thanks Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
lassie1234 wrote:
hi winnie Very Happy been waiting for ya. i do like what i have been reading about your product. how long should i wait. like i said, i have been reading alot on renova and some is good and some is bad. i just started this rx this past saturday. i think i want something instant Exclamation i read 24 weeks and longer for any results. thats along time. or is that normal for a product to show improvments Question thanks Smile

Smile First of all it not my product. I just work for JB. Unfortunately nothing is instant. Now, please read me correctly...I am not telling you to go out and buy AlphaDerma or even the sample pack. You can go to EDS and read about the products and what they do. In short they relax fine lines and wrinkles, firms and tones the skin. AlphaDerma will not get rid of the severe spider veins on your face! JB does have a product Couperose Cream that does help the appearance of them. I use it on my lower cheek and around my nose. Time and patients is needed for such conditions. If you insist on trying AlphaDerma please wait a few weeks after stopping Renova. I can't stress enought to follow your doctors advice. Let him know that you are not happy with the product. Talk about all your concerns and fustrations.

Until you get your skin in better shape find a makeup that you really like that won't settle in fine lines and wrinkles. I was reading on the Pure Luxe website about a cream they have that you use prior to foundation (for concealing red/blue problems). I use some Pure Luxe products and they are very good. You could email the very nice woman who ownes Pure Luxe and she could tell you what to put on prior to your makeup for spider veins. She does sell samples at very low prices.

Must go to bed...my eyes are closing.

Winnie
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 12:26 am      Reply with quote
For anyone who is interested, I had previously used Alphaderma, Skin Prep and Okusil but did not achieve the results I had hoped for. Many dollars and useless products later, I am back using the J&B products. Why?
I started using them again after I received my C&C sample to give it the best chance of working and I have found:
1. Okusil over C&C greatly reduces the puffiness now
2. My skin tone, smoothness & softness is so much better using the C&C over ADCE & Prep.
3. No breakouts at all
4. I am tired of searching for and paying for so-called miracles and decided to stay with products produced by a reputable company.
5. It is my personal belief that with J&B's years of research, they may just know what they are talking about.
6. The ingredients that I think work on my skin (Vit C, ALA, DMAE) are all in their products.
7. I have had doubts re argireline but I have not seen or read any definite proof that it causes problems.

In all the threads I have read, there are very few which indicate a product has really achieved results, some have indicated results in the short term but very few have shown positive results in the long term. The J&B products seem to be the exception and that is why I will stay with them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I was just browsing EDS Salon to check out specials. Embarassed EDS is having some great specials on JB's AphaDermaCE products.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 11:05 am      Reply with quote
After hearing nice things about JB products I ordered the Skin Prep, Alphaderma CE and Okusil and have been using them for 2 days now. I look forward to seeing wonderful results, keep my fingers crossed. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
For anyone who is interested, I had previously used Alphaderma, Skin Prep and Okusil but did not achieve the results I had hoped for. Many dollars and useless products later, I am back using the J&B products. Why?
I started using them again after I received my C&C sample to give it the best chance of working and I have found:
1. Okusil over C&C greatly reduces the puffiness now
2. My skin tone, smoothness & softness is so much better using the C&C over ADCE & Prep.
3. No breakouts at all
4. I am tired of searching for and paying for so-called miracles and decided to stay with products produced by a reputable company.
5. It is my personal belief that with J&B's years of research, they may just know what they are talking about.
6. The ingredients that I think work on my skin (Vit C, ALA, DMAE) are all in their products.
7. I have had doubts re argireline but I have not seen or read any definite proof that it causes problems.

In all the threads I have read, there are very few which indicate a product has really achieved results, some have indicated results in the short term but very few have shown positive results in the long term. The J&B products seem to be the exception and that is why I will stay with them.

Bushy - What is C&C?
Mabsy

Mon May 30, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:
Bushy - What is C&C?

Sorry for butting in as I am not Bushy, but C&C is Janson Beckett's new vitamin C serum Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I find ALPHADERMA CE a bit oily for my skin even though I have combination skin. I was getting quite a bit of blackheads. Maybe it would be good for the winter. I have stopped using it and the blackheads are gone. The cream is very smooth but just not for everyone.
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed when i started in this forum i was 48. im now 49. nothing but a DOCTOR will help fine lines, wrinkles and broken caps. i have tried it all... and i still have the fine lines, wrinkles and broken caps on my cheeks. good luck
Arrow Wink lassie 1234
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |