Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suzanne Sommers new book 8 ways to health
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Something like that. Anyone read this? Any reviews. I am going to get this book, but wanted to know if anyone has gotten this first?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Sherry, I haven't read this one (it is on my wish list), but hae read some of her past health books and she always has food for thought in them (sorry, no pun intended).

Of course, as with most books like this you have to sift through repeated information and anecdotes to find the little gems, but I would think they are there.

8 Steps to Wellness again has a big focus on bio-identical hormones. I can tell you from experience they are as amazing as she portrays them to be. I took them for a year and it made a huge difference in my life. Unfortunately they are not available in Japan, so it became to ohard to get consulations, but I wuold go back on them in a FLASH given the opportunity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am a proponent of bio-identical hormomes, and have done a lot of reading on the subject since I have been on progesterone for 4 years.

I purchased her Ageless book, and was very disappointed. I felt that there were some definate inaccuracies in some of her info, it was somewhat outdated, and much of what she recommends (like HGH injections) is not available to non-celebrities, unless you happen to have an extra $25k per YEAR laying around. Rolling Eyes

I looked over the reviews on Amazon, and it looks like her latest book is more of the same. In fact, you can get a high level overview just by reading the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Eight-Wellness-Suzanne-Somers/dp/1400053277/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229995909&sr=8-1

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, I never read ageless as I read what I think was her first one on the topic.

I dont understand why she leaves the earlier books out on the market when the information becomes outdated. The whole point to me of getting he new book is to read about the changes that have gone on in the field (which anyone can tell is progressing a lot in the last few years)

So Ageless promoted HGH? LOL she better not go to Oz then ... or else like Sly Stallone she will be arrested at the airport wit her little stash (It's illegal there)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Bethany, I never read ageless as I read what I think was her first one on the topic.

I dont understand why she leaves the earlier books out on the market when the information becomes outdated. The whole point to me of getting he new book is to read about the changes that have gone on in the field (which anyone can tell is progressing a lot in the last few years)

So Ageless promoted HGH? LOL she better not go to Oz then ... or else like Sly Stallone she will be arrested at the airport wit her little stash (It's illegal there)

Ageless was definitely not the cutting edge book that she depicted it to be. It was pitched that way, and I pre-ordered it in hardback. Rolling Eyes Needless to say, I was very disappointed. But I am very sure that people who had NOT done as much research as I had previously done, probably thought it was groundbreaking. Laughing

I think she has put some great info out there in the past, but she has just become a "compiler of info" and she doesn't even get it all correct. And much of her stuff is recycled these days...like the HGH injections. She mentioned in the Ageless book that she and her husband were both taking them.

I think she has a following though among aging women who want to look like that at her age. I agree that she looks like she has aged well, but we could ALL age that way if we spent that much money! Unfortunately, the audience reading her book can't do everything she pitches.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this book months ago and haven't even opened it yet.

I will say this much about her cookbooks. I gave one to my brother who is diabetic and was taking mega amounts of insulin. In about a year of following her diet and exercising he was completely off insulin. He still is off 7 years later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I bought this book months ago and haven't even opened it yet.

I will say this much about her cookbooks. I gave one to my brother who is diabetic and was taking mega amounts of insulin. In about a year of following her diet and exercising he was completely off insulin. He still is off 7 years later.

I think she was ahead of the curve with some of her diet stuff. I have no hestiation in giving her credit there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I will second - no third -that about her diet... Hubby and I followed her program and we had never felt better in our lives. Our lifestyle has made it hard for us to prepare all our own foods, so we drifted it off it (we eat WAY to much take out and "easy" foods nowadays).

Honestly it is a very sensible program - you just really need enough time and motivation to prepare meals from scratch! We still try to keep the principles in mind and plan to follow it strictly again come New Year to slim down.

I can't say I much liked any of her packaged foods, but her Somersweet sugar substitue is the ONLY one I will use (I despise all artificially sweetened stuff and was hesitant to try it but was really surprized just how good it is). Even when not following her program we still use it - I jsut got another case last month actually.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |