Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Valmont Eye Regenerating Mask - BEST EYE MASK **EVER**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
OMG: 100 eye masks Mabsy! Cant'; wait to hear what results you come up with? That's quite an extensive study - hope you'll keep notes. Laughing

bushy wrote:
Mabsy wrote:

On another note, I've gone completely off the rails and have ordered online almost any collagen eye mask that I could find. Don't laugh, but I think I have well over 100 sets of eye masks coming to me in the mail from various sources. I plan on using them EVERY DAY to see which are good and if any come close to Valmont... Will keep you posted Very Happy

WOW, I can hardly wait to see what works and if it does work better than Valmont.
Mabsy

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm not looking forward to my credit card bill this month, I can tell you that much... Smile

I've just been posting reviews of the different brands as I try them. Already did the Mirenesse one and the Kose Absolution. I got a parcel with some more just this morning so another review coming soon and also a review of the SK-II I tried last night Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad Mabsy you are trying other eye masks and I hope you can find one come close to Valmont but at a much lower price point and defintely let us know if you do find one. Valmont is just too expensive for me.

Also, I don't think you should be applying the sheet mask every night or too often. Soak your skin into water too long and too often may eventually weaken the skin barrier. Just my 2 cents.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

Good that you have tried to re-use it, I used to re-use for 3 times, or until they were dry.
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
I am glad Mabsy you are trying other eye masks and I hope you can find one come close to Valmont but at a much lower price point and defintely let us know if you do find one. Valmont is just too expensive for me.

Also, I don't think you should be applying the sheet mask every night or too often. Soak your skin into water too long and too often may eventually weaken the skin barrier. Just my 2 cents.

I angree with you .
I am searching a great eye mask . Valmont is Indeed good for me ,but it's too expensive.
Mabsy

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm actually quite interested to see what daily collagen application can do. Many of the masks can be used daily though probably don't get used daily just due to cost/time issues. Nothing so far has been as effective as the Valmont though Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I have not been able to find an equivalent eye mask that is a collagen sheet with an activator liquid. All the masks I have bought (and I think it's by now over 100) are just infused with collagen.

Mabsy, have you tried the Matricol collagen masks? It is a sheet mask that only requires distilled water for activation. It is not specifically for the eye area but for the whole face as well, but to save money I usually just cut it up for the eyes. Another collagen mask I've used is Thalgo's Masque d'Exception. It is also a sheet mask and comes already soaked in a special solution.

I'm never really sure how effective these collagen sheet masks are, as the only noticable change I see is in hydration. I'd be interested to see what you think of them, and I'm looking forward to reading your reviews on the other eye masks! Thanks!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Apparently all collagen sheet masks are manufactured by the same company in Germany, Matricol. So they are the source for the Valmont eye masks as well.

On a side note, when using an eye mask, do you just apply it under the eye (covering cheek bone), or do you cover the whole eye socket? Just wondering.. Thanks!
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious: how does this work? My understanding is that collagen can't pass through skin, so what exactly is this supposed to do and how?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I just got this mask and cant really find an expiry date on the box. Can anyone tell me until what time it shoud be used?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I just got this mask and cant really find an expiry date on the box. Can anyone tell me until what time it shoud be used?

I don't think it expires. The collagen sheet is dry so it shouldn't degrade. And an SA once told me the serum, if unopened, "can last 20 years"-- That I don't believe, but I'm sure a couple years is fine
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
On another note, I've gone completely off the rails and have ordered online almost any collagen eye mask that I could find. Don't laugh, but I think I have well over 100 sets of eye masks coming to me in the mail from various sources. I plan on using them EVERY DAY to see which are good and if any come close to Valmont... Will keep you posted Very Happy

I personally have not used this mask and would love to, but I'm afraid I will love it like everyone else. I look forward to hearing if you find something that comes close and is friendly on the wallet.
saring
5% products discount

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I agree it, the best eye mask for now

(everything has but...)

but the price Crying or Very sad
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
But this eye mask is really really expensive.
I have fine wrincle under eyes, and dark circles, could this eye mask help me to deal with these problems?
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, is there any update on comparison of Valmont eye regenerating mask to other collagen masks you`ve bought?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm not that much impressed with the mask. It certainly lightens the area and kind of lifts it a little bit, but nothing really astonishing. I used Maria Galland eye mask and Estee Lauder mask, and both , in my opinion, are of similar quality as the Valmont one, only much cheaper.

I also kept it for almost an hour.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 am      Reply with quote
If anyone wants to try this don't apply it right under your eye. I should have read the directions first...or looked at the pic Embarassed I had swollen eyes for the whole day. Don't apply it on the whole eye socket.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
If anyone wants to try this don't apply it right under your eye. I should have read the directions first...or looked at the pic Embarassed I had swollen eyes for the whole day. Don't apply it on the whole eye socket.

I thought it's an EYE mask? Where to you put it? Eh?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
marina wrote:

I thought it's an EYE mask? Where to you put it? Eh?

The picture indicates just where your cheek bone starts so UNDER the eye socket. I threw out the diagram but I noticed it after I used it.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

The picture indicates just where your cheek bone starts so UNDER the eye socket. I threw out the diagram but I noticed it after I used it.

That makes no sense!! How would it fix the skin around the eyes? It's so confusing... Good thing I'm too poor to afford it anyhow!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hoping Mabsy will pop in here, but that's the only think I can think of...it is very wet and the ingredients do go under the eye anyway. Anyway, that's the only explanation I can think of for my puffy eyes...I somehow used it wrong. I normally do not have puffy eyes, quite the opposite.
Mabsy

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Sorry ladies, for some reason I stopped getting emails about replies to this thread :s

fat_swan - thank you for suggesting Matricol. I have not tried this, but I'll google for it shortly Smile

In terms of the mask comparisons, I've had a really hectic few weeks of deadlines at work so most of the non-essential skin care dropped off and I've been averaging 4-5hrs sleep. Not pretty. I have started again. I've tried a few that don't come anywhere close (Kose Q10 eye zone mask being one of those) but I am trying one at the moment that gives similar results. Not really in the same league, but at least something visible that reduces the veins (for a while) and hydrates the eye area. I'll use it a few more times and will post a review soon. I promise!

Re: the Valmont eye mask. This mask is meant to go under the eye. It is contoured for that area and also covers a bit of the side (where crows feet usually form).

Marina - I'm so sorry to hear that this mask gave you puffy eyes Sad I actually use it quite close to the lash line and have not had any problems but this is yet another reminder that everyone is different Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy: how do you apply the mask onto your eyes by yourself? I found that it is abit clumbsy to do it on my own. Confused
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I've tried a few that don't come anywhere close (Kose Q10 eye zone mask being one of those) but I am trying one at the moment that gives similar results. Not really in the same league, but at least something visible that reduces the veins (for a while) and hydrates the eye area.

Mabsy,

I was wondering how your progress is coming along? I found a product I was wondering if you heard of it, Tracie Martyn LotuSculpt™ Eye Pads? The pads are $45 and you must purchase the LotuSculpt™ Activator to saturate them with, which is $50. Right now Eluxury.com is having 30% off all their beauty products, so the price would be a bit better.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
My eye area is darker than the rest of my skin face, I was born like that and I hate it! I always need to hide it with conclerer!

Do you think this mask could help me?
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |