Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Valmont Eye Regenerating Mask - BEST EYE MASK **EVER**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
***WOW**** This stuff is absolutely fabulous and by far the BEST eye mask I have used!!!

I know this is a big call but these eye masks are the best eye product I have tried in YEARS! I am absolutely thrilled with the results and also totally upset that no doubt they are just temporary. That would be ok if not for the fact that the mask is *very* expensive.

I hurt my back yesterday so I'm spending the day lying down and hence looking for things to occupy my time with. What perfect time to try out some new skincare Smile So, here's a bit of background on my eye area issues before I tell you about the results. I am generally happy with the skin around my eyes, I don't have any wrinkles (thanks to the Cellcosmet eye cream and sunblock, I assume), my dark circles are mostly in check but there is one thing that I wish I could fix - visible veins. I am very pale, have almost translucent skin and on top of that I am underweight so there is not much fat sitting between my veins and the skin. That leads to one thing - being a rather veiny person' (nurses love me, if there was a pageant for nicest veins I am told that I would win in). As much as I have got used to this over the years, there is one place where I do not wish to have visible veins and that is on my face, and especially around the eye area. As luck would have it, this is of course where they also are. That means that even on a good day (i.e. no dark circles) I usually use some concealer to at least cover up a pretty pronounced vein around my left eye. So far no skincare product has been able to make these disappear or significantly fade.

Enter the Valmont Eye Regenerating Mask! These masks are individual masks that come in a pack of 5. Each individual mask pack consists of three items - a tray containing two collagen sheets, a bottle of precursor complex (for the collagen sheets) and a smaller bottle of Collagen Post Treatment for after the mask is removed.

Basically, you take the precursor complex liquid (which has that lovely familiar Valmont scent to it) and pour it into the collagen sheet tray (collagen then rayon are the first two listed ingredients of the sheets) to soak the masks. There is PLENTY of liquid to really soak the masks, too much even I would say since I had some dripping down my face once I put them on. One the sheets are soaked, just apply them under the eye area with the smooth side down (the other side is textured). The instructions say to keep them on for "at least" 20 minutes. Since I am lying on the floor and on some pretty strong painkillers today, I decided not to bother getting up again too early and kept them on for probably almost an hour. I then applied some of the post treatment fluid and followed with the Valmont Eye & Mouth cream.

As soon as I took off the sheets and looked in the mirror, I was just absolutely taken aback by the results. My eye area has NEVER looked like this. EVER! I doubt that even if my life was 100% stress free and I got unlimited amounts of sleep my eye area would look like this. All those little veins were invisible and the bigger vein was just a faint outline. My eye area felt incredibly fresh, plump and awake (and still does 3 hours later) and it was (and still is) almost unnaturally smooth. As I said before, I don't have any wrinkles but this result is beyond no wrinkles... It also looked a whole lot brighter, despite the fact that I don't consider myself having dark circles at the moment, there is a whole lot of shadow/purple that the mask apparently wiped out.

Now, unfortunately, the results are of course temporary. So, my veins eventually returned (after about an hour I guess) but are still not as pronounced as they were before (though no doubt they will get there...). The smoothness and incredible fresh feeling (like a mint for the eye area :LOL: ) still remains after a few hours. Luckily, I have a few more of these masks so I will be doing one a week as part of a regular facial and will report back to see if there is an overall more permanent effect if you use these masks on a regular basis. While I am hoping that there is a more permanent effect, for now I see this mask as an absolutely FANTASTIC pick-me-up right before a big event.

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Valmont Eye Regenerating Mask (3 items)
Valmont Eye Regenerating Mask (3 items)

Collagen mask, specifically formulated to restore a youthful and glowing appearance to the eye area. 100% pure and native collagen mask. Spectacularly improves skin texture, smoothes fine lines and wrinkles. Restores skin’s firmness and tone.

Replaced by {{12415}}.

bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with you Mabsy. Even though you found most of the effects wore off, if you can do it daily for about a week, it is cumulative and your eye area will just get better and better.
I wish that EDS would carry a few more of the Valmont products, especially the DNA sunscreen and the hair products.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I actually have another 5 of these but I was planning to use them over a month or so. Based on what you said I think I might take the plunge and do them all over the next few days and see what happens. Oh how I wish I could use one of these every single day...!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:32 am      Reply with quote
wow sounds like a great product.....i wonder what wonders it may do for those who are suffering from under eye circles from lack of sleep?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love these too. A local beauty shop was selling off some that were approaching their expiry date so I was able to buy & try and at a *very* discounted price (Ł5!). Best eye masks I've ever tried by far, but at their normal price they are way out of my price range.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Wow graceless_lady, now that I know how good these masks are I think I would have bought up all their stock at that price...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
mabsy, thanks for the review. Sure sounds like a great product. My credit card ran for cover as soon as I read the title of your post Wink. Do you think a single application's worth would manage both upper and lower lids (using the same set of sheets consecutively) or would you just have to grit your teeth and use two applications, so it works out to only 2.5 applications in the box?

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Mabsy

Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Well, Valmont meant for this to be one application per box and hence five applications per pack that you buy. However, the instructions say that you should keep the masks on for at least 20 minutes. I have been keeping them on for about 40 minutes and when I take them off they still are very wet (and I actually rub them all over my face Laughing ) so should still be effective to some extent (I think). You could use one set and use them 30 mins on lower and then try them on upper lids. Having said that, I have not tried them on my eyelids so I don't know what the effect would be.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds great. I really want to try,even it is expensive. Does its result last? Very Happy
ejthomas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...sounds feasible to use on both upper and lower lids, then. They really sound like they're worth a shot. Definitely not the answer my credit card was hoping to hear Smile

I'm 40 years old with normal / combo skin, fighting a legacy of bad genes and a somewhat irresponsible but fun series of poor lifestyle choices through my 20s (ok, maybe it might have stretched a bit longer than that...)
Mabsy

Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Apologies to your credit card, ejthomas Smile

Btw, I should mention that I was told a while ago that some people can have a reaction to these so particularly if you have sensitive skin you might want to try just one first and keep an eye on it. I've had absolutely no problems and in fact I find them very relaxing and soothing.

Yiying - as I mentioned in the review, the results were temporary after the one mask. I have been doing them daily though (almost, I skipped yesterday) so will report back once I'm done with all of them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Now, unfortunately, the results are of course temporary. So, my veins eventually returned (after about an hour I guess) but are still not as pronounced as they were before (though no doubt they will get there...).

yeah, that was i want to say, mask always works in short time and get back again. but i want to try the volmont eye mask as well. see how is going.
Mabsy

Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Actually, having used this mask a few times now (but admittedly being too stingy to use it five days in a row) I can see a longer lasting benefit. The veins do come back, and I am pretty sure that there is not much that can be done about these unless I gain some weight (or even then) - that's true. The thing I did notice though is how well moisturised the eye area is. So much so in fact, that I can go without eyecream the next day and even the day after that without it feeling like it needs something after washing my face. The rest of my face, on the other hand, feels like it needs a moisturiser still. Noticing that, I went without eye cream for two days and I'm pretty sure that this difference is due to the mask. Not that I would want to forego eye cream, but I think it's a pretty lasting and good result out of an eye mask...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this eye mask in this holiday season, which really helped me have a pair of bright eyes. Love it so much. And it's kind of cheaper if compared to do spa in some salons.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I am searching a great eye mask.I would like to give it a try!!! Very Happy
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
WOW,that sounds great! My eyes have dark circles. Keep me posted, if this products really works after your one month using, I'll uy some and have a try.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:19 am      Reply with quote
sniff sniff.. Mabsy, you should have kept the rest of the box and gave them all to ME next week! muahahahahahaha

Must bring you some of the Kose Astalution eye masks.. nothing like having carrot orange eyes (well, that would cover the veins...)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it is an excellent product, but too expensive. I remember when I was using it, I will keep it in fridge and re-used until for a few days.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
SOLARTINA - If I were to use this for one month every few days I think I would default on my mortgage. Not sure the bank would understand...

Tiger_tim - Laughing Nice try! Seriously though, you really should try this if you get the chance. Mmmm... potential alternative to Valmont eye masks... Kose Astalution sounds intriguing, about to google for it. Are they meant to be really good? Not sure what is worse though, at least people are already used to my veins Smile

Critic - I wonder if that works, I might have to give that a try...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to try these! Mabsy, do you have any puffiness under the eyes? That is the main area that I need addressing. I have tried every eye mask possible, even investigating surgery for my under eye puffiness! I winder if these Valmont eye masks would help?

Oh my gosh! I have just seen that these cost AUS$203.00 for 5 masks! Whhooooaaa! Still, I guess you get what you pay for. And this seems to get great reviews. I am still VERY tempted!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

It works, give it a try. It is a big waste to throw it as it is still moist. I used kitchen plastic bag to seal it and keep in the fridge, if I remember well, can re-use for 3-4 days. I even used it on other area on the last day.
Mabsy

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again for the tip, critic! I have just used the same masks the second time after having stored them in the fridge from last night. When used a second time they are still effective, though not as effective as they were the first time (just going by my veins and reduction of darkness around the eye area). I have put them in to the fridge for a third round but I doubt that it will happen. I have used them for over 30 minutes each time (more like 40 minutes actually) and as I was putting them in the fridge (in plastic of course) they were already a little on the dry side. Still one can hope Smile

On another note, I've gone completely off the rails and have ordered online almost any collagen eye mask that I could find. Don't laugh, but I think I have well over 100 sets of eye masks coming to me in the mail from various sources. I plan on using them EVERY DAY to see which are good and if any come close to Valmont... Will keep you posted Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

On another note, I've gone completely off the rails and have ordered online almost any collagen eye mask that I could find. Don't laugh, but I think I have well over 100 sets of eye masks coming to me in the mail from various sources. I plan on using them EVERY DAY to see which are good and if any come close to Valmont... Will keep you posted Very Happy

WOW, I can hardly wait to see what works and if it does work better than Valmont.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Bushy - I'm not holding my breath for finding something equivalent or better than the Valmont masks. I have not been able to find an equivalent eye mask that is a collagen sheet with an activator liquid. All the masks I have bought (and I think it's by now over 100) are just infused with collagen. Anyway, we'll see. Nevertheless, I'm curious to see what results using daily masks like that will have so I'll keep everyone posted as I try the different brands.

On another note, I have just used the same Valmont mask for the 3rd time after keeping it in the fridge. Definitely no result. Also, I wouldn't recommend this since it goes close to the lash line and keeping the mask for that long (after it has been on your skin twice already) is probably not a good idea from a bacteria point of view (despite the refrigeration). I had the mask on for 20 minutes today, didn't want to keep it on for longer since my lashline was getting very itchy (which never happened on the first use of the masks). So, my outcome is that first use is fabulous and you could stretch it to second but with a lesser result.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I only ever used the masks once, never a second time and I will stick to that.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |