Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Adverse or NO reaction to Copper Peptides?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had true adverse reactions to Copper Peptide use? Has anyone, after giving it a good try, not had any result?
I had/have very good skin and wanted to keeo it that way. Except for 2 brow furrows I'm not a wrinkle girl.. I have been using SB Cps for 6 months now, and I'm not sure I see any benefit. My guy has remarked that my skin looks irritated/red. He actually said-"you used to have nice skin."
Oi! Crying or Very sad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a whole thread on CPs...there are lots more stories on other threads if you do a search (the search button is on the top of every page).

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22230&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

I personally had a VERY bad experience...the CPs caused significant sagging under my eyes that took over 6 months to go away...even though I only ever used the weakest strength. Other members, like Foxe, have had great results.

I personally think that they can add some benefit, but should not be used every day.

And if a GUY notices your skin looks irritated, then it sounds like you might need to make some changes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:
Has anyone had true adverse reactions to Copper Peptide use? Has anyone, after giving it a good try, not had any result?
I had/have very good skin and wanted to keeo it that way. Except for 2 brow furrows I'm not a wrinkle girl.. I have been using SB Cps for 6 months now, and I'm not sure I see any benefit. My guy has remarked that my skin looks irritated/red. He actually said-"you used to have nice skin."
Oi! Crying or Very sad

I gave CPs a good yr long try and saw no significant difference apart from the very first time I applied the serum - next day my skin looked very good. But after that, nothing.

However, I do use the BND cream on breast, décolleté and neck and have seen good results. I also use the GHK serum on my upper eye lids with good results, but real problems on the under eye area, same as Bethany.

But as for the rest of my face, nothing.

CPs seem to work wonders for some lucky ladies; sadly, I'm not among them.
zindrella
5% products discount

Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Copper peptides did not work for me either. I had a slight reddening, but nothing major. The main point was that I did not see any improvement in my skin after using it for 4 weeks. I suggest you stick with other peptides such as matrixyl (for light wrinkles and overall moisture) or argireline (for deeper anti-wrinkle effect).
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I think since copper peptides have potential to cause sagging and adverse effects, they probably shouldn't be used by those who already have good skin. Because the risk for the skin to get bad side effects outweighs the potential benefits. On the other hand, people with bad scars may be able to take the risk, since the skin is already damaged and there is more potential for improvement in such cases.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I had an adverse reaction to CPs that took very long time to recover. Plus I got a growth on a back of my hand because of CPs, and had to remove it surgically. I ended up with a small scar on a back of my hand, and currently trying to make this scar less noticeable by other means.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I think since copper peptides have potential to cause sagging and adverse effects, they probably shouldn't be used by those who already have good skin. Because the risk for the skin to get bad side effects outweighs the potential benefits. On the other hand, people with bad scars may be able to take the risk, since the skin is already damaged and there is more potential for improvement in such cases.

Good point, I had good skin when I started using CPs and got a new appreciation for my skin after it was ruined by CPs. It took me about eight months before I got it back to normal.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Geez - this is awful. I've never had a bad reaction to CPeptides. I wonder why it does that to some and not others. I have very unsensitive skin - maybe that's it. It (seems to) bounces back easily. Still, I've not used them for quite some time and the more I read the more I won't be tempting fate.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
CPs did nothing for my skin quality at all over the six months that I used them morning and night on my face. I used the strongest version as well...SuperCop2. I had a terrible reaction to using them on my arms and inner legs. I started with the lowest concentration and was in so much pain that I had to take codeine. I persevered for about a month, using them over emu oil, but the same reaction happened over and over. I had to grit my teeth with the pain. (Strange that the stronger version didn't affect my face at all...) I'm using them on my feet at the moment and get a milder stinging feeling. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
BAD experience for me Sad ...the one product I most regret using. I have enlarged pores to the side of my NL fold that I never had before using it and CP's definitely decreased the elasticity in my face. I did go v-e-r-y slowly so I know it was not from mis-use.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
wow, I feel really bad for everyone who's had such a bad reaction to CP's. It is true - everyone has such different skin.

I'm one of those people who reacts very well to CP's (except for my eyelid area - it HATES CP's with a passion - if I get CP's anywhere near them, they'll droop like mad). I've been using CP serum about 1-2 times a week for maintenance (I used to use it every other day when I was working to tighten up my facial skin). The BND cream is fabulous for me for all over body use also. I do have very sensitive skin too.

On the other hand retinol makes me peel like mad and my skin just gets all irritated. DMAE is horrible for me also - I get the reverse effect of drooping skin, plus a ton of peeling... and beta-glucans make my skin break out in tiny angry bumps. (BG's was the worst, it took my about 6 months to recover my skin with multiple expensive facials to get rid of all bumps the BG's caused)

So active ingredients are "active" for a reason. Some will work well for some people and others won't work, or will have an adverse effect.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:

I'm one of those people who reacts very well to CP's (except for my eyelid area - it HATES CP's with a passion - if I get CP's anywhere near them, they'll droop like mad).

Maiea, I am most interested in what you have said about your eyelids drooping. Could you please expand a little? Do you mean both upper and lower lid areas? When you say "droop" do you mean a muscular droop or puffiness/sagging of the skin? I no longer use CPs, however, for the past two days, the skin on my lower lid area looks even worse than usual, almost like it's loosened up from the subdermal layers. I'm trying to figure out why. The only difference would be the use of Dermalastyl which I don't believe contains CPs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Maiea, I am most interested in what you have said about your eyelids drooping. Could you please expand a little? Do you mean both upper and lower lid areas? When you say "droop" do you mean a muscular droop or puffiness/sagging of the skin? I no longer use CPs, however, for the past two days, the skin on my lower lid area looks even worse than usual, almost like it's loosened up from the subdermal layers. I'm trying to figure out why. The only difference would be the use of Dermalastyl which I don't believe contains CPs.

It's quite strange - it only happens to my upper eyelids. If I get CP's on them the skin immediately sags. Almost like I have too much skin and its drooping. Usually it goes away in a few days if I steer clear of CP's and just use very plain eye cream on the area.

This drooping eyelid problem also happens to me with the use of DMAE, retinol, retinaldehyde... but the worst drooping is with CP's and DMAE. It's much less severe with retinol and retinaldehyde. I can't really explain why it happens, but I do know that I can't really use anything but basic moisturizers and oils on my (upper) eyelid area.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only dissapointed user. I read all the research and it sounded like a sure thing.. I had mild irritation, but my skin reacts to EVERYTHING. While the redness, peeling, and bumps diminished with use- or so I thought, I don't see a significant change in my NL folds or brow furrows.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
maiea wrote:
Antonia wrote:

It's quite strange - it only happens to my upper eyelids. If I get CP's on them the skin immediately sags. Almost like I have too much skin and its drooping. Usually it goes away in a few days if I steer clear of CP's and just use very plain eye cream on the area.

This drooping eyelid problem also happens to me with the use of DMAE, retinol, retinaldehyde... but the worst drooping is with CP's and DMAE. It's much less severe with retinol and retinaldehyde. I can't really explain why it happens, but I do know that I can't really use anything but basic moisturizers and oils on my (upper) eyelid area.

Wow, Maeia, That's really interesting because I swear I have something like this going on at the moment with my lower lid area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:

Wow, Maeia, That's really interesting because I swear I have something like this going on at the moment with my lower lid area.

Well, here's a small "experiment" to try. Stop using it and find the plainest eye cream you can get your hands on (very basic, just moisturizing, no anti-ageing, etc)... or if not just use some nice oils (like squalene or camellia, etc) to pat on the area. Give it a week or so and see if the skin recovers. If your skin does recover, swear off whatever it was you were using! There's something in it your skin hates.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I will do that. I'm suspecting Dermalastyl although I've only used it five times. I look "wrinklier" than I've ever seen. Confused Thanks M!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I will do that. I'm suspecting Dermalastyl although I've only used it five times. I look "wrinklier" than I've ever seen. Confused Thanks M!

Good luck! Let us know what happens.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I used cps for about 6 months and my under lines started looking really bad and had never looked this way before. I have had the same thing with DMAE around the eyes. So I don't use cps now and don't use DMAE around my eyes at all. My under eyes are looking better with the STOP facial device. I think the cps did damage to my under eye area.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:55 am      Reply with quote
My under eyes CPs damage took the longest time to recover. I was especially upset about my neck and under eyes ares. It took a while for all of them to get back in shape, but the eyes took the longest.
slh
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
At least I have a pretty good idea that it is the CP's that is causing this... I went overboard last week and used a to strong cp and then I went back to the weaker version but woke up this morning with super droopy eyelids and this was one of the areas I wanted to see improvement. I find my skin looks brighter and the age/sun spots seem to be fading but both my upper and lower lids look worse!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
slh wrote:
At least I have a pretty good idea that it is the CP's that is causing this... I went overboard last week and used a to strong cp and then I went back to the weaker version but woke up this morning with super droopy eyelids and this was one of the areas I wanted to see improvement. I find my skin looks brighter and the age/sun spots seem to be fading but both my upper and lower lids look worse!

Yep...that sounds like CPs! It took 6 months for my under eyes to go back to normal, and they actually never made a 100% recovery.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
This are the types of horror stories that made me take so long to actually give copper peptides a try.
I have pretty decent skin with some minor issues...very little wrinkling and sagging. Some minor scarring.
But still.
I hit 50 and was working from my home..so I thought "It's now or never".
Initially, I was like some of you guys.
It never really made my face red..or felt irritated. But geez, for a good month or 6 weeks my face looked like crepe paper when I smiled or emoted.
I was in the process of debating with myself if I wanted to keep keeping on.
Was it even worth it?
And something happened..it kicked in.
That ..in combination with a retinol seems to be the magic answer for me.
My skin is smoother and discolorations are faded and some small pitted scars are barely there now.
I also see signs of a little tightening up.
I will confess, however, I exclude the under eye area at this time. The retinol has cleared up that area well enough... and I find that whenever the cp sneaks up there it's temporarily like a desert.
But I have a tough hide of skin that bounces back pretty good.
I listen to it, though, and back off when something isn't going quite right.

I suppose it just doesn't suit some people..but if you have very sensitive skin or if you're fairly young with skin that already looks pretty good...why would you even be interested?
I would also think that those with very sensitive skin should beware of everything and always proceed with caution..
slh
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I did post my question/concern on the skin biology chat forum and a very knowledgeable poster responded. She said that what I was experiencing was the "uglies" and a normal part of the process/progress. It is caused from going to fast into the process and not using the cp's slowly as directed. She said if I backed off for a couple of days then restarted slowly I would be fine. Of course, this does differ from what a few others had to say. It might be that I have more sensitive skin then I thought - apparently around the eye area I do. Just makes me nervous as the eye area is my biggest concern and now I look worse but if it does start to look better will be totally worth it.
tigerlily1997
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, the "uglies" would be the damaged skin coming to the surface.
I had entirely prepared myself for the notion that "real change takes time', but if I had seen no result or nothing positive whatsoever within several months...I couldn't have continued.

I think that some people simply aren't suited to it, are not using a strong enough peptide or really have no real damaged skin issues and don't even need it.
And I think all of us have patience issues.

As far as the eye area: I think it being the most sensitive area as well as being the area with the most concern, ..one should proceed very slowly with CP as with any strong product.
That's not an area any of us want to be too careless with.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |