Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Creme de la Mer contains Mineral Oil and Petrolatum????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Cosmetic grade Mineral Oil + Petrolatum are good products, that get a bad rap..

The secret to getting the best results from them (IMHO of course,) is not to apply them over *crappy* products.. They both work to lubricate the skin, and seal things in...

As an example: When I feel the need for extra moisture occasionally, I will apply a nice thin DIY anti-oxidant serum, let that absorb for 15 minutes, then apply a mixture of Vaseline + Palm or Squalane oil to really push the actives deep, and seal it all in. (Point being, use it as a last step over whatever actives you want to seal in.)

ETA... I just thought of a good example. Think the KH oxygen line which contains Mineral Oil.... The MO is what seals in the oxygen, allowing it to really penetrate, and seal it in.. Idea

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sunteana
5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Vaseline is okay to use on the face.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tyra Banks slathers vaseline on her face before she sleeps. She swears it keeps her skin plump and moist. So maybe petroleum jelly isn't so bad at all?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
baby wrote:
Tyra Banks slathers vaseline on her face before she sleeps. She swears it keeps her skin plump and moist. So maybe petroleum jelly isn't so bad at all?

A very old and dear friend, who just happens to be a Dermatologist, told me 20 years ago, that Vaseline and Sunscreen are all anybody needs, if they start using it while young..

He was specifically asked by a bunch of us nurses "what exactly is a miracle skin care product"? The above was his answer.. (I think if I were to ask that same question today, he would add vitamin A, C + E to that list.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I also think that it can sometimes be a Placebo effect where we want a product to work so bad for us because we have paid $200, however after a few weeks we look in the mirror and can't see any difference.
A friend of mine uses this and swears by it, however I tried out a few sample sizes and couldn't see any difference and for the price you pay I would be expecting it to cook dinner for me and do the washing!

I do agree that not everything is for everyone and this includes our skin, so what may work for one doesn't necessarily work for another and I found my $40 moisturiser that I now use works just as good if not better. Because something costs quite a bit doesn't mean it is better than a much cheaper brand. I do think marketing companies lure consumers into the belief that if they use there high cost product over a cheaper brand that there skin is going to look like that of a supermodel and if they use something cheaper there skin just won't cut it.

Personally I go on results and not a name and some products I own cost me a couple of dollars from the chemist and are 10 times better than some expensive products I have tried. I think it also depends on an individuals skin as to whether or not a product is right for them.
I would definitely be asking for my money back if your skin has had a reaction like that scjudyb. It is disappointing when a product ups it's hype and so many individuals are let down by there claims.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |