Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Rosacea Lightstim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen any postings from anyone who owns the Rosacea LightStim. Has anyone purchased this yet? I would love to hear others' input.

Mine arrived yesterday, so I've only used it twice now. The instructions recommend 5 mins per treatment area (as opposed to 2-3 mins for AALS), so it took me an hour and a half the first time I used it! And that didn't even include my neck.

I also received an email from the LightStim folks regarding use of a serum. Here's a piece of the email:

Quote:
The Rosacea Light works best if used in conjunction with a good quality product designed to help reduce the redness and inflammation connected with Rosacea...We highly recommend a product made by Vivant Pharmaceuticals called RejuvRX. The suggested use is twice a day; in the morning and also at night. Use RejuvRX after using the Rosacea Light.

I've sampled RejuvRX in the past, but only enough to determine that I will likely not have a negative reaction. I plan to add it into my regime, but first I want to see what results the light alone will produce. The RejuvRX is pretty expensive, BTW...DY sells one ounce for $114.50. A little does go a long way, though.

I did remember to take before pics, and will post them when I have some kind of "after" to share as well.

Initial thoughts:
1. Skin felt a little tight and dry after first treatment, and I had some minor "flakies" later on that evening.

2. The minor itchiness I was experiencing prior to using the light was immediately soothed during and after first treatment. Unfortunately, itching is back a day later.

3. After a few minutes of use, the lights get a little warm. It actually feels soothing, but it's not a good thing for rosacea! My face stayed warm, and my cheeks were rosy for at least an hour after the treatment. If this continues, I will be forced to return the light.

4. Although I can't see any changes when looking in the mirror, I do *feel* the skin smoothing out, especially where I have the rosacea papules.

5. I have this one sensitive tooth; when I used the light over that area of skin, it sensitized the tooth! That was really surprising, but not uncomfortable enough to be a concern. It only happened at first use, but not second time around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
I haven't seen any postings from anyone who owns the Rosacea LightStim. Has anyone purchased this yet? I would love to hear others' input.

Mine arrived yesterday, so I've only used it twice now. The instructions recommend 5 mins per treatment area (as opposed to 2-3 mins for AALS), so it took me an hour and a half the first time I used it! And that didn't even include my neck.

I also received an email from the LightStim folks regarding use of a serum. Here's a piece of the email:

Quote:
The Rosacea Light works best if used in conjunction with a good quality product designed to help reduce the redness and inflammation connected with Rosacea...We highly recommend a product made by Vivant Pharmaceuticals called RejuvRX. The suggested use is twice a day; in the morning and also at night. Use RejuvRX after using the Rosacea Light.

I've sampled RejuvRX in the past, but only enough to determine that I will likely not have a negative reaction. I plan to add it into my regime, but first I want to see what results the light alone will produce. The RejuvRX is pretty expensive, BTW...DY sells one ounce for $114.50. A little does go a long way, though.

I did remember to take before pics, and will post them when I have some kind of "after" to share as well.

Initial thoughts:
1. Skin felt a little tight and dry after first treatment, and I had some minor "flakies" later on that evening.

2. The minor itchiness I was experiencing prior to using the light was immediately soothed during and after first treatment. Unfortunately, itching is back a day later.

3. After a few minutes of use, the lights get a little warm. It actually feels soothing, but it's not a good thing for rosacea! My face stayed warm, and my cheeks were rosy for at least an hour after the treatment. If this continues, I will be forced to return the light.

4. Although I can't see any changes when looking in the mirror, I do *feel* the skin smoothing out, especially where I have the rosacea papules.

5. I have this one sensitive tooth; when I used the light over that area of skin, it sensitized the tooth! That was really surprising, but not uncomfortable enough to be a concern. It only happened at first use, but not second time around.

I don't have the "Rosacea" light myself, but did read up about it a little for another member, and did recommend it to my BIL who is using it with good results..

My 1st thought is; Why are you going against the good advice to use the right topicals after your treatment? You have only done half the job without topicals, so you shouldn't expect the best result.

The "R" light is a medical device, and the treatment protocol of 5 minutes is what is needed to kill the bacteria that is causing your problem... To give yourself the best chance for optimal results, it's best to use as directed. The good thing is you have 90 days to really give it a good test, and can return it if it's too much of a commitment, or you don't get good results.

The "initial thoughts" you posted are exactly what is expected with the Rosacea and or Acne light... It's doing it's job to kill bacteria, as well as dry up pustules. Now you have to help it along by applying a calming cream/lotion after treatment, that will help with the healing process.

I posted the following on the "Dr Kassy" thread for another member, and I'm copying it here for you and anyone suffering from Rosacea;

Minimizing Flareups;

Steer clear of rubbing, scrubbing or massaging the face, which can irritate the skin. Gently apply all soaps, moisturizers, sunscreens and other products.

Avoid hot drinks, spicy foods and alcoholic beverages.

Protect your skin from the sun by using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher and wear protective clothing: long-sleeve shirts, long pants and a wide-brimmed hat.

Try not to become overheated. Avoid hot baths and showers. Try to exercise where it is cool.

Be sure to protect your skin from extreme cold, which can irritate the skin and cause a flare-up.

Do not use cosmetics, soaps, moisturizers and other facial products that might contain ingredients, such as alcohol and fragrances, which irritate the skin.

Be careful not to get hair spray on your face.

Topical Medications That May Be Prescribed;

Azelaic acid

Metronidazole

Retinoid (A topical retinoid also can help heal the skin.)

Sodium sulfacetamide and sulfur lotions

Benzoyle Peroxide

Classic Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea

Flushing of Face/Neck

Dry Facial Skin

Pimples (people with rosacea have visible small blood vessels and their pimples, some containing pus, appear as small, red bumps.

Red Lines (Telangiectasia) which appear when they flush. This is due to small blood vessels of the face becoming enlarged and showing through the skin. These red lines usually appear on the cheeks

Facial Burning, Stinging or Itching

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/rosaceanet/index.html (Tons more info available!)

Good Things To Use On Your Skin;

Avocado oil
Avocado oil consists of approximately 85 percent unsaturated fatty acid glycerides, including oleic acid (65%) and linoleic acid glycerides (6-10%). Vitamins A, C and E, squalenes and lecithin are other components. Avocado oil spreads well and is easily absorbed into the skin where it supports the natural barrier function.

Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil is a great alternative treatment to lotions and creams for keeping skin healthy and hydrated. Rosehip Oil has amazing anti-aging, antioxidant and skin-softening properties that can help any skin type and is good for skin of all ages. Rosehip oil can be used by itself or added to other creams or serums. It consists of about 80% fatty acids which will plump and hydrate the skin, and help repair damaged cells. It has abundant vitamin C also.

MSM Supplement;
I'm thinking that this supplement could be beneficial to Rosacea sufferers because sulpha, in general, is a good anti-inflammatory agent.. (I've even used a capsule or two of Opti-MSM in some DIY...Only this one will due, because it's pure with NO fillers. Dissolve in distilled water first).. Avoid though, if you deal with facial hair ..

Of course your Derm will advise you on the best treatment for each unique case.. When you have time, have a look at the link I posted for Rosacea. It has a wealth of wonderful information.

You are right about the expense of Vivant Pharmaceuticals called RejuvRX. To make the expense worthwhile and stretch it, you can alternate using it, with any of the "oils" I noted above. Another very soothing thing is pure 'shea butter', which I incorporated into a homemade cream that my BIL is using with very nice results..

Hope that helps!

ETA: For anybody using "ANY" brand of light that contains "BLUE" medical grade diodes, daily treatment at the amount of time recommended to give the required joules, is the only way to kill the bacteria. Every single study I have come across, indicates "daily" treatment for Rosacea or Acne.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Nadjazz (and others), I forgot to mention above; You only have to use the light 5 minutes on the areas that have the Rosacea or Acne breakouts, which are usually the cheeks and chin.

The red/infrared lights work for anti-aging benefits in a 2 to 3 minute treatment.

This will cut your treatment time down quite a bit, and be better for the areas with no visible breakout.

Hope that helps!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Kassy!
I was hoping to get some input from you! Wink The AALS thread is getting so long, I thought it might make sense to start a separate thread specifically for the Rosacea light.

I've been reading the AALS threads carefully, since making the decision to go with the LS. The 90-day guarantee was indeed a motivating factor for me to choose LS over the other LED choices. I SO don't want to have to return it, though!

This one, BTW, was specifically motivated by one of your posts encouraging someone to make sure and feel their skin before and after treatment:

Quote:

Now, to address your question:
Quote:
My 1st thought is; Why are you going against the good advice to use the right topicals after your treatment? You have only done half the job without topicals, so you shouldn't expect the best result.

I agree, I won't get the best result without the topicals, but how will I know what benefit the light is giving me vs. the RejuvRX? I would expect *some* improvement with just the light, and then additional improvement once I add in the RejuvRX. As soon as budget allows (gotta recover from Christmas), I'll get some RejuvRX.

For now, I am following the light treatment with avocado oil or whatever active is in my schedule that day (Protect&Restore, or Exfol cream). Do you think that would be okay? As in, not doing any harm? Embarassed

And thanks for the tip on using it for 2-3 mins on the non-Rosacea areas! That will motivate me to use it on neck area.

Would love to hear more on how your BIL is getting on with his light!

Thanks, Kassy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that I do take supplements regularly for my skin such as MSM, omega-3, borage oil, and biosil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Nadine, you might want to look at the 302 Rosacea Drops down the road. Dr. H really knows his stuff when it comes to calming skin.

Boski or Nemo on the 302 thread can get you the complete protocol info. BTW, some of the 302 stuff is also antifungal, like the 302 Face & Body Bar.

http://www.302skincare.com/products_rosdrops.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Nadine, you might want to look at the 302 Rosacea Drops down the road. Dr. H really knows his stuff when it comes to calming skin.

Boski or Nemo on the 302 thread can get you the complete protocol info. BTW, some of the 302 stuff is also antifungal, like the 302 Face & Body Bar.

http://www.302skincare.com/products_rosdrops.html

Oh, yes, bethany, 302 Rosacea drops are already on the list! I've been following that thread with great interest, and was planning to order via Nemo. My plan was to get the LS, evaluate it first, then move on to add 302 into my routine. I want to use up my Exfol first, though. Also, I wasn't expecting to have to add RejuvRX into my routine, so there's an unexpected twist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Oh, yes, bethany, 302 Rosacea drops are already on the list! I've been following that thread with great interest, and was planning to order via Nemo. My plan was to get the LS, evaluate it first, then move on to add 302 into my routine. I want to use up my Exfol first, though. Also, I wasn't expecting to have to add RejuvRX into my routine, so there's an unexpected twist.

I just looked at the write up on RejuvRx...it's basically a peptide serum, but is not made specifically for Rosacea sufferers. I would suggest looking at the 302 Rosacea recommendations as a whole and chatting with Nemo before purchasing anything.

I did find a nice write up on it at dianayvonne.com...I woudl not think that you would need BOTH this and the 302.

Quote:
Rejuv RX

The Peptide Face-Lift Boosts Collagen Production Improves skin tone, texture, color and softness Tightens the skin and improves facial wrinkles Optimizes injection restuls from Botox Anti-Inflammatory effects like Aspirin.

This collection of peptides acts as a cellular messengers to target the connective tissue. Rejuv RX stimulates synthesis of collagen, elastin fibers and hyaluronic acid. Rejuv RX activates both epidermal and dermalcells for improved cell renewal.

Softens Facial Expressions Feel the improvement in skin smoothness within a week.

Notice a reduction in crow's feet within three to six weeks.

Improves The Rash of Rasacea The redness disapears as the skin becomes smooth. The Oligopeptides markedly supress the body's production of prostaglandins, the chemical messengers that trigger the body's acute inflammatory response.

Restores a more youthful looking skin.

Directions: Apply to affected area once or twice daily.

Ingredients: Purified Water, DS Alcohol 40, Oligopeptides, Lactic Acid, Urea, Sodium PCA, Niacinamide, Sodium Lactate, Propylene Glycol, Oligopeptides, Ethoxydigylcol, Inositol, Fructose, Glycine, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I did find a nice write up on it at dianayvonne.com...I woudl not think that you would need BOTH this and the 302.

I purchased my sample from DY about six months ago. It lasted about five days, long enough for me to determine that I wasn't overly sensitive to it...but not long enough for me to see any improvement in my rosacea. I agree, I don't need this AND 302. I'll discuss a routine with Nemo when I'm ready to spend more $$. Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, Kassy!
I was hoping to get some input from you! Wink The AALS thread is getting so long, I thought it might make sense to start a separate thread specifically for the Rosacea light.

Now, to address your question:
Quote:

I agree, I won't get the best result without the topicals, but how will I know what benefit the light is giving me vs. the RejuvRX? I would expect *some* improvement with just the light, and then additional improvement once I add in the RejuvRX. For now, I am following the light treatment with avocado oil or whatever active is in my schedule that day (Protect&Restore, or Exfol cream). Do you think that would be okay? As in, not doing any harm? Embarassed

And thanks for the tip on using it for 2-3 mins on the non-Rosacea areas! That will motivate me to use it on neck area.

Would love to hear more on how your BIL is getting on with his light!

Thanks, Kassy!

This thread for the "Rosacea" light was a great idea..

The light will probably work fine on it's own and will do it's job of killing bacteria, but unless you do your job of feeding the skin the nutrients it needs to rejuvinate, stay moist and supple, and keep the barrier in good repair, you will just be short changing yourself. Here's the long and short of it; It's the light, used correctly, that will kill the bacteria that causes Rosacea and Acne...

The real test of the light, is do you see a lessening of your symptoms.. Keep in mind, the treatment is done on bare skin, so if your symptoms resolve, it's because the light has killed the bacteria, not because you've found a magic potion..

Why don't you just stick with using the light, followed by a thin layer of cold pressed Avocado Oil after the treatment for 1 month..

Also, could you share a little more about your condition... For instance;

Were you diagnosed by a Derm, MD or CNP?

What meds have been prescribed?

Do you use Retin-A?

What are your specific symptoms?

As for DBIL, he has Rosacea on his cheeks and chin stage #2 (bright red, itchy, some scaling). He has no bumps, pain or pustules.. I made him a lotion to use daily that's comprised of; shea butter, niacinamide, MSM, Panthenol (vit B 5), Avocado Oil, Vitamin E, Co Q 10 + base with preservative.. At night he alternates .25 + .5 Retin-A.

He used the light about 4 or 5 times per week for the 1st month (so he said.. Rolling Eyes ), and saw lessening of his symptoms at about the 3 week point.. He got the light sometime during the summer, but I'm not sure how commited he is to it.. All he say's is; "I'm doing good, and send me more of that cream"... Laughing

nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Why don't you just stick with using the light, followed by a thin layer of cold pressed Avocado Oil after the treatment for 1 month..

Oh, it will be so hard to give up my other
actives, but I know you are right! I think that's a great idea. I just started using the avocado oil, and it feels great.

Kassy_A wrote:

Were you diagnosed by a Derm, MD or CNP?

I've been to sooo many different derms and MDs, I really can't remember who said the R word first! I've been living with it for at least 10 years.

Kassy_A wrote:

What meds have been prescribed?

Metrogel - doesn't do anything but dry my skin
Doxycycline - 100 mg dose twice a day takes a month to smooth out my skin, but the flushed cheeks are still there.
laser - I think it was an ndYag; one treatment worked wonders, lasted almost a year

Kassy_A wrote:

Do you use Retin-A?

Was prescribed to me 10 years ago, but the derm didn't explain (and I didn't have EDS) how to use it properly. I didn't like the guy, so never went back. Actually, that's been my experience with most derms. I really need to make that a 2009 resolution...find a decent derm!

Kassy_A wrote:

What are your specific symptoms?

I'll post a pic within the next few days. Thanks to your urging and suggestions from the LightStim co, DH took some graphic pics. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I have flushed cheeks and a bit of broken caps but the skin is smooth. My chin is classic rosacea with papules (no pustules) and redness. I have scarring from the pustules in my younger days, but as I've aged, the pustules gradually stopped. Also, as is typical with rosaceans, I get occasionally get seb derm in my eyebrows, and along sides of nose.

And most recently, I have been diagnosed with a fungal infection on top of all that! I'm hoping the little buggers will die off due to the light.

Kassy_A wrote:

As for DBIL, he has Rosacea on his cheeks and chin stage #2 (bright red, itchy, some scaling). He has no bumps, pain or pustules.. I made him a lotion to use daily that's comprised of; shea butter, niacinamide, MSM, Panthenol (vit B 5), Avocado Oil, Vitamin E, Co Q 10 + base with preservative.. At night he alternates .25 + .5 Retin-A.

He used the light about 4 or 5 times per week for the 1st month (so he said.. Rolling Eyes ), and saw lessening of his symptoms at about the 3 week point.. He got the light sometime during the summer, but I'm not sure how commited he is to it.. All he say's is; "I'm doing good, and send me more of that cream"... Laughing

LOL, he probably doesn't have the patience to use the light as he should! That's great that he saw lessening of his symptoms in 3 weeks...that has me excited! Your cream sounds awesome....my face feels cooler just reading the ingredients! You are inspiring me to mix something up tomorrow. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Nadjazz, what creams/lotions etc do you use regularly?

I'm asking, because there is a good chance some of the ingredients you are using, could make matters worse.

As for the cream, it's a cinch to make once you get the basic ingredients... You can PM me anytime for help, so we don't bore anybody with that.

Please spend some time at the following link.. There is a wealth of really great information there, which you will find very useful..

http://www.skincarephysicians.com/rosaceanet/index.html

nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Kassy -
My routine is fairly simple, since I need to be careful not to aggravate my skin.

AM
cleanse with water (occasionally use microfiber or Clarisonic with CeraVe cleanser)
moisturizer - was using Philosophy Hope in a Jar, but just switched to avocado oil.
sunscreen
MMU

PM
cleanse with Philosophy Purity (I'm at the bottom of the bottle, will switch to Karin Herzog Professional Cleanser)
apply one topical per night, rotating through the following: KH Vita-A-Kombi 1, Skin Bio Protect and Restore, Skin Bio Exfol Cream. If I don't apply a topical, moisturize with squalane or allantoin.

weekly: use a mask like DY Healing mask (luuurve this!) or DY Revitalizing mask.

I've spent hours at rosaceanet and other rosacea web sites. It's pretty disheartening, because everyone's results are so varied. There is no one set protocol that works, so it just seems to be trial and error.

Thank you for the offer to assist with the cream! I'll PM you when I'm ready to start "formulating". Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Nadjazz, You have a lot of stuff in your bag of tricks...

You might want to ask around on the threads pertaining to those products, to find out what other members with Rosacea have to say about them..

ETA: When you are ready to formulate, I'm a PM away......BUT, you have to go by my RX ... Very Happy And I assure you, it won't have any chemicals!

nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
LOL, Kassy, I may not post much, but I have been faithfully lurking on EDS for years!

All of the products I'm using have been recommended for rosacea, but not necessarily endorsed by any rosaceans posting on EDS. I think that's because most of us don't have a holy grail product that we can endorse. I can say that CP serum and Exfol serum have helped me tremendously in the past.

But back to the light...I'm disappointed that despite over 300 views on this thread, no one else has posted their experiences regarding this light, good or bad. Surely I can't be the only EDSer to give this one a try! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

But back to the light...I'm disappointed that despite over 300 views on this thread, no one else has posted their experiences regarding this light, good or bad. Surely I can't be the only EDSer to give this one a try! Rolling Eyes

Well considering the Rosacea light is fairly new (I think.. Confused ), maybe whomever is using it, is waiting a couple of months to share their 2 cents. (Rosacea and Acne do take the longest to respond to treatment!)

The not so nice flip side of that, is that some people just don't care to share .. Sad And you have a right to be disappointed knowing *299* people passed you by .. Sad

I suppose you can take the *silence* as a positive sign though, because when something "doesn't" work, it's usually shouted loud and clear.

Guess you are just stuck with me ... Laughing Laughing Laughing And I've already shared all I know about it ... Crying or Very sad

cuties
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I received the rosacea lightstim for Christmas and have been using it 4 to 5 days a week. My biggest problem is redness, dilated capillaries. I also have flaking from seb derm and am hoping it will help this. I think I already see the texture of my skin improving. Will report back with an update later.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
cuties, you are about a week ahead of me! It's so good to hear from another user.

Have you noticed the warmth from the light causing you to flush more than usual? About two nights ago, even my earlobes got warm! Embarassed

I was hoping the warm feeling/flushing would eventually pass, and today it feels much better than previous days. I guess my skin has finally adjusted to it, thank goodness!

Looking forward to your updates! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz, my face does get warm and pink but that's normal for me with heat. It's goes away after a while, I don't have a real problem with persistent flushing. My ears do turn red sometimes when I blow dry my hair but not with the lightstim.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Isn't it amazing how Kassy is always there and willing help out. Girl - YOU ROCK!

Kassy_A wrote:
Nadjazz, You have a lot of stuff in your bag of tricks...

You might want to ask around on the threads pertaining to those products, to find out what other members with Rosacea have to say about them..

ETA: When you are ready to formulate, I'm a PM away......BUT, you have to go by my RX ... Very Happy And I assure you, it won't have any chemicals!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Isn't it amazing how Kassy is always there and willing help out. Girl - YOU ROCK!

I agree, sister sweets - I've been following Kassy's posts on other threads, and she is certainly an asset to this forum! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

I agree, sister sweets - I've been following Kassy's posts on other threads, and she is certainly an asset to this forum! Very Happy

My sincere thanks for the kind words, and the vote of confidence..

BIG HUGS ... ... K

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:06 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the rosacea lightstim on spider veins?
I assume it would work for that too...

And what do the leds exactly do to improve the rosacea? Is it about cell renewal, blood circulation or strengthening of the cappilaries.. Question
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
I think I found the answer already myself Laughing

According to the American Chemical Society Weekly PressPac, "facial light therapy works by changing the molecular structure of a glue-like layer of water on elastin, the protein that provides elasticity in skin, blood vessels, heart and other body structures.
Figuratively speaking, the light strips away those water molecules that are involved in the immobilization of elastin, gradually restoring its elastic function and thus reducing facial wrinkles. 'We are justified in believing that our approach can be easily converted to deep body rejuvenation programs,' said the researchers responsible for this study.

In addition, light therapy for the skin helps to increase circulation and stimulate collagen production. This is important in maintain strong, flexible connective tissues, firmer skin, and reduce or slower wrinkling.

The additional increase in circulation also helps increase the formation of new capillaries. And new capillaries can speed up the healing process because of the additional oxygen. This could be helpful for those trying to heal rosacea and acne prone skin.

So, the lighttherapy would do 2 things for rosacea: make the blood vessels more elastic and create more cappilaries which in itself improves the blood circulation and increases the oxygen which has an additional good effect on the blood circulation. Very Happy
door
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy, that's wonderful information, thanks for posting it. Smile

I share your frustration in being unable to find any info on the RLS when I was considering it a few months ago. Therefore, I just want to post and say that I have been using the Rosacea LS for 3 months now and so far, I really like it. I am not sure if I have rosacea per say but I do have redness, little broken cappilaries, occasional acne, and some hyperpigmentation. I called LS and was recommended the RLS by Steve, the owner (an absolutely friendly, and helpful person to talk to.) Anyhow, I really enjoy using it and has been using it on a regular basis. As I like the "warmth" that it generates, I think I leave it on for longer than the recommended time but I have never had issue from it. Result-wise, I do not have any more acne. YEAH! For all though they were occasional, they would be cyst, hurtful, and leaves dark marks forever. The redness has reduced, the hyperpigmentation and acne marks are lighter, and my overall skin tone appears to have lighten. I like the result a lot and so "inspired" by it that I'm now on the quest for "perfect skin". Smile Therefore, I'm going all out and just started the Obagi regiment. Hopefully, with it and the consistent use of RLS, my new skin will be "perfect".

Sorry for the long post. Please let me know if I can provide anymore input. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |