Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

the best time to start...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nha_fiz
5% products discount

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:20 am      Reply with quote
prevention is better than cure..
so i luv to open a discussion on how early we need to start changing from our usual skin care into anti anging skincare ..earlier u start the lesser the damage..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I think the time to start would be mid 20's...however not overdoing it with using products for mature skin....but for example eyecreams to prevent wrinkles would be a good start.however some start in 20's if their skin is in really bad condition

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
The earlier the better according to the skin type you have NOW. Of course you know that sunblock is the only really great anti ager out there.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I think we all agree sunscreen. Cool
Always wash off makeup at night,use a mild soap.
If you have acne,learn how to treat your skin.
Acne.org has a lot of info.
Think positive thoughts.
nha_fiz
5% products discount

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
i not really exposed to sunlight everyday as most of the time i'm inside buldings..so do i really need sunblock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Oil of Olay Regenerist Serum in my early 20's, not for wrinkles but just because I liked the silky feel and it didn't break me out as alot of creams did. I still use it every night around my eyes, directly on top of whatever eye cream I happen to be using at the moment (after I have waited a few minutes for it to absorb). I turn 38 tomorrow and have no wrinkles, and I think I can contribute this to not only good genes but also the Oil of Olay. If I look very closely I can see very fine indents starting, but I am probably the only one that notices. Oh, and I agree with the rest, the most important thing is sunscreen. I was never a sunscreen wearer until last year, but I will never give it up now that I've found one that agrees with my skin.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I think being really informed about what works and what doesn't from a young age is important. When I was young I was swayed by what the salesperson told me and bought everything they said. If something looked, smelt and felt nice, I bought it. Didn't really matter whether iot actually worked.

Now I just listen politely to what they say (even though I know it's a lot of smoke and mirrors sometimes) and then read the ingredients, do my research and make up my own mind.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Normally You can start anti-aging from 25,but it depends on your skin's condition. If your skin is premature, you can start anti-aging routine earlier.
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I started from 23.
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I never used special anti ageing things, but I started quite early (19? 20?) with a good beauty routine: eye creams, masks, serum, always removing make up before going to sleep ... I also did spare my skin the stress of sunbathing a lot, the bad thing about that is, I'm always very white Wink.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I think the earlier the better ,I start when I was 28 year. a litter later.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I wish I would have started early but I knew nothing about skincare until I was about 38 years old. I didn't have a computer until then and I had no girlfriends who were into skincare so I just didn't know. I left home at 14 yrs old so I had no mother or sisters to fill me in either. You girls who start early are so lucky you are aware of good skincare and sunscreen. I envy you for that. Even though I started late I made up for lost time. My skin will never be as perfect as it would have been if I would have started some sort of skincare in my 20's but better late than never!!
LadyStardust
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm lucky enough to have a mom who's really into skincare. She always put sunscreen on me when I was a kid and I think I was about 13 when I started cleansing and moisturizing.

I didn't start the real heavy anti aging stuff until I was in my thirties though.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
i started from 29.after having my first baby,i bought my first over $100 cream.just feeled that was the TIME

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I think it`s never too early to start using sunscreen and vit.C, drink enough water, stop smoking and eat healthy - these are preventative measures.
As far as anti-aging skincare, you should judge from the condition of your skin, you can wait till you`ll see the very first fine lines. Mostly it`s about late twenties/early thirties. I don`t think it`s necessary or useful for a very young girl to use strong anti-aging actives made for mature skin. It`s better to make friends with sunscreen and sunglasses. Good luck! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I really want to emphasis how important over health is to the look of of your facial skin..

and if you start living a healthy lifestyle at a young age..this is fundamental to beautiful skin as you mature..

to my mind..(and experience).. this is even more important than staying out of the sun!

Include plenty of cooked and raw dark leafy green veggies, learn how to make nutritious herbal tea and infusions, stay away from sweeteners as much as possible (especially white sugar)...exercise your body and do facial exercises...use rich, nutrious, powerful, regenerating organic facial oils (like rosehip oil)..find out about incorporating essential oils and herbal extracts into our daily skin care..stay as natural as possible without collecting aging toxins in your body from food and cosmetics that are loaded with chemical preservatives.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I started from 26,actually, the last year.
I found a few fine lines around my eye.
Hoping it's not too late for me to change to ANTI-age eye cream.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
LadyStardust wrote:
I'm lucky enough to have a mom who's really into skincare. She always put sunscreen on me when I was a kid and I think I was about 13 when I started cleansing and moisturizing.

I didn't start the real heavy anti aging stuff until I was in my thirties though.

hi,LadyStardust
what about the result of your mom after many years into skincare?please give us some faith to invest more Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I agree the besr time is now. Keep good care of your skin. Find a good cleanser, and use sunscreen!! Prevention is the cure Very Happy
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I wish I would have know better about sunscreen as a teenager and that I started using it daily earlier in life. I started in my late 20's, maybe around 28. But better late then never Smile
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
What constitutes as antiaging skin care? I'm 29 and I interchange between Tazorac, a Vit C serum, HA serum, AHA/BHA gel, and Skinmedica TNS during the week depending on my mood. These are the only actives I use, no eye cream, with a layer of Cerave lotion for moisture. Daily SPF 50 coverage.

But I don't have a single "anti age cream" or product in my bathroom. Am I missing something? hmm
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare should start in your 20s, but you need to follow the line specifically made for your age group. Don't prematurely use anti-aging skincare line designed for 40s.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
What constitutes as antiaging skin care? I'm 29 and I interchange between Tazorac, a Vit C serum, HA serum, AHA/BHA gel, and Skinmedica TNS during the week depending on my mood. These are the only actives I use, no eye cream, with a layer of Cerave lotion for moisture. Daily SPF 50 coverage.

But I don't have a single "anti age cream" or product in my bathroom. Am I missing something? hmm

Well, Tazorac (synthetic retinoid) and vit. C are considered anti-ageing products in my opinion. And AHA to some extent. The SPF50 is a de facto anti-ageing product as well.

You are pretty well armed for anti-ageing already! lol.....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:

I actually think every product you are using is anti-aging skin care!
seraphic
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 am      Reply with quote
i am only 24 and i start to see fine lines and tired skin, partly due to dehyrated skin.
So i guess i shall start now..

I heard from some fashion tv show they said girl should start as early as 25, that is when sign start to show~~~~
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bremenn Clinical Upper Eyelid Lifter (15 ml / 0.5 floz)