Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quick question: For those of you using Exfoderm Forte, have any of you used both the EF Nuderm and the EF Condition and Enhance?

I haven't looked at both of their ingredients,but I noticed that the Condition and Enhance version contains AHA'S. Since starting my six-week "kick start" stint, I've used both versions and the EF C%E seems to sting a bit more.

Anyone tried both? Just curious.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kims

thanks for the reassurance on the NIA - I used it today, & didn't blush either Smile

I've not used the C&E Obagi (I thought they were the same tbh, just different labels) but the Nu-derm one def has AHA in as well - glycolic acid

How's the peeling going?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
anniezmoon

I tried facercise for a little while, but prob not long enough to comment fairly - found all the 'visualise the mind muscle connection' stuff a bit offputting... & it increased the flaking a lot with all the facial movement involved Smile I also found it made my clicky jaw problems worse, & seemed to increase my forehead lines - but I could always just have been doing them wrong I guess

here's a youtube link I subscribe to - gossmakeupartist - he's promised a fair trial of facercise, & to report back after 2 months... the link is to his original vid

http://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist#p/u/50/6FvoLjpkC74

excellent tutorials there too on mature makeup techniques - I really like him! hth Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
dianew wrote:
Hi Kims

thanks for the reassurance on the NIA - I used it today, & didn't blush either Smile

I've not used the C&E Obagi (I thought they were the same tbh, just different labels) but the Nu-derm one def has AHA in as well - glycolic acid

How's the peeling going?

Hi Diane,
I think you're right about the Exfoderm Forte. For some reason, the C&E just seemed stronger -- maybe because it's brand new??

I am back to peeling once again! It's interesting because this time I'm peeling on my cheeks and temples and I really didn't the first time through. I'm also very conscientious about using enough product. Last time, I think I was rather "skimpy" and didn't see a lot of difference until about the three month mark.

I'm definitely hoping for some improvements during this six week stint!

5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies! Sounds like everyone doing pretty good right now Very Happy
I use the C&E, but I have the Exfoderm. They did give me the kit for sensitive skin, so that must be why I don't have the Exoderm Forte. I had some problems at first, but followed some recommendations from you guys and I have had very little problems with it since. I do seem to be getting the desired results. I'm you basic, blonde, blue eyes with a very fair complexion. I do freckle and have developed sun spots from way too much sun worshiping in the 60's & 70's. I had more compliments late last week about my skin being flawless, so that makes me think I'm on the right path. I'm in week eight right now.
Have any of you had elevated problems with blackheads? I've read that it brings a lot of impurities to the surface, but I wasn't sure if the sunscreen was the culprit. I bought an extractor and that seems to work pretty good at removing them without causing any problems as long as I'm very careful about it. Rolling Eyes
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Debo,
So, are you pretty much over the redness and peely stages?? Sounds like you've been getting some very nice compliments lately! Smile The hard work is starting to pay off!

I'm doing a six-week stint myself of full-on Nuderm. I'm hoping to see some improvement; I must admit that I've been a little lax lately with maintenance.

I had some blackheads pop up too when I first started (April '09) and during a facial, my esthetician told me that "very dry skin can also cause blackheads" ?? Not sure what to make of that comment, but mine were extracted pretty easily. I still get an occasional one on my nose, but they're no longer a problem for me.

Thanks for the update and keep us posted!

5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I never really had the major redness/peelies. I had one major flare up and that's when I found this forum. I learned from you all to skip a day or night here and there of the exfoderm and blender/tret. That was a tremendous help. I also only use 0.25% tret. I imagine I would look like a war zone if I used any higher than that. I do still have some minor breakouts, but so far, I'm able to keep those under control. I really don't think I would have stayed with it if I hadn't found this forum! Very Happy

I keep getting the compliments. Makes you feel a little better about the bucks you shell out for the program. This last time, the gal was an absolutely gorgeous Asian. She had amazing skin!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
debo wrote:
I never really had the major redness/peelies. I had one major flare up and that's when I found this forum. I learned from you all to skip a day or night here and there of the exfoderm and blender/tret. That was a tremendous help. I also only use 0.25% tret. I imagine I would look like a war zone if I used any higher than that. I do still have some minor breakouts, but so far, I'm able to keep those under control. I really don't think I would have stayed with it if I hadn't found this forum! Very Happy

I keep getting the compliments. Makes you feel a little better about the bucks you shell out for the program. This last time, the gal was an absolutely gorgeous Asian. She had amazing skin!

I would never have stuck it out either if it wasn't for EDS -- especially Rileygirl. She's the resident expert on Nuderm!

Gotta love the compliments! Just wish I'd get some too!! Neutral

5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I feel sure you'll get lots of compliments! You've been on it for a while, so I'll bet your skin's gorgeous!!!Dancing
riceball
5% products discount

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys I need some help. I ordered Obagi Professional C serum 20 % and I just received it.But I do not know how to use it. I am using Obagi Nu derm and how do I incorporate it with my regimen ?

I hope to hear from someone. thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
riceball wrote:
Hey guys I need some help. I ordered Obagi Professional C serum 20 % and I just received it.But I do not know how to use it. I am using Obagi Nu derm and how do I incorporate it with my regimen ?

I hope to hear from someone. thank you.

Riceball,
Use the serum in the a.m. prior to the Nuderm products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:14 am      Reply with quote
@ riceball

like kims said - use before the actives (i.e. after toner & before clear)

put it on your fingertips & spread around - don't do like stupid me & drip directly onto face... I was only using 5% & took the 'apply one or two drops round the eyes' too literally... d'oh... cue angry red swelling under eye (about gone now thank goodness)

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
well, ladies, how's everyone doing?

I am nearing the end of week 8 & look worse now than I did in week 3.... Rolling Eyes I think down to upping my dose of clear to a gram twice a day, & the same with the tret... bring on the red flaky face again! Hope ti's all worth it - my lower face feels the texture of sandpaper now... still, am less than half way through I guess...

at least it's Easter so am not at work & can hide out a bit til the worst is (hope hope!) over

anyone else in the tomato-face club? Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
dianew wrote:
well, ladies, how's everyone doing?

I am nearing the end of week 8 & look worse now than I did in week 3.... Rolling Eyes I think down to upping my dose of clear to a gram twice a day, & the same with the tret... bring on the red flaky face again! Hope ti's all worth it - my lower face feels the texture of sandpaper now... still, am less than half way through I guess...

at least it's Easter so am not at work & can hide out a bit til the worst is (hope hope!) over

anyone else in the tomato-face club? Cool

Hi Diane,
I'll bet you're right! Upping your Clear and RA could certainly give you "the look"...again! But, you'll most likely have excellent results. I'm in the middle of my six-week "kick start regimen. I'm a little peely and red-faced as well!

I do think it's really important to use the correct amount of product; it'll make a difference in the end! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the new Obagi Nuderm Sun Shield SPF 50? I just ordered some. Hope I like it!

Also, has anyone seen the Obagi Sun Reflective Paper Straw Hat?? It's kind of cute!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Has anyone used the new Obagi Nuderm Sun Shield SPF 50? I just ordered some. Hope I like it!

Also, has anyone seen the Obagi Sun Reflective Paper Straw Hat?? It's kind of cute!

ooh, I've been eye-ing up the spf 50... let us know how you find it - not on sale yet in the UK but have seen it on eBay from US sellers

I find the healthy skin spf 35 stuff a pain to use & overly white on the flakies,& it balls up if you put too much on... I've recently been using NIA24 but if I use it 2 days in a row I get pink itchy skin so have been alternating the two. A shame as the NIA goes on really well & sinks into my skin invisibly... need to build up my tolerance to the Niacin I guess

always on the look out for the perfect sunscreen! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this, good to get some clarity on the difference.

bethany wrote:
tsjmom wrote:
What exactly is the difference between Condition & Enhance and NuDerm?

rileygirl wrote:
There isn't any difference, other than the different sunscreens used instead of the sunfader in the original Nu Derm kit. For nonsurgical procedures they are using the oily kit, and for surgical procedures they are using the dry kit. They have substituted the Healthy Skin s/s or the Physical block in place of the Sunfader.

Vent Alert: I really hate it when they take the same darn product, switch something out, and then change the name to make you think that it is something totally new. Rolling Eyes

Here is the official Obagi breakdown on each of the product lines:

Quote:
Obagi Nu-Derm System accelerates cellular turnover for skin with moderate to severe sun damage.

Obagi Condition & Enhance System is the essential component to improving the overall results of your facial rejuvenation procedure.

Obagi-C Rx System is for brighter, Photolumines skin with mild to moderate sun damage.

Obagi Blue Peel System is a peel performed in your physician's office, used in conjunction with the Obagi Nu-Derm System.

Professional-C Serums are potent vitamin C serums for maximum daily antioxidant protection.

Obagi CLENZIderm M.D. is a three-step acne therapeutic system including a liquefied form of benzol peroxide that is clinically proven to penetrate deeply and clear acne fast.

Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Treatment works to reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles and bring back the SNAP.

Obagi ELASTIderm Décolletage one of a kind therapy that really works to restore healthy, young-looking skin on your delicate chest and neck

http://www.obagi.com/article/forpatients/forpatients.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
dianew wrote:
kims wrote:

ooh, I've been eye-ing up the spf 50... let us know how you find it - not on sale yet in the UK but have seen it on eBay from US sellers

I find the healthy skin spf 35 stuff a pain to use & overly white on the flakies,& it balls up if you put too much on... I've recently been using NIA24 but if I use it 2 days in a row I get pink itchy skin so have been alternating the two. A shame as the NIA goes on really well & sinks into my skin invisibly... need to build up my tolerance to the Niacin I guess

always on the look out for the perfect sunscreen! Smile

Hi Diane,
Will let you know how I like it. I'm alternating right now between NIA24 and Burnout. Both work well with Obagi and provide excellent protection, but they also leave a "tacky" feeling on my skin.

I bought the sunscreen on Ebay, btw.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi! How's everyone doing? I just finished week 12. YEAH!!! I use the C&E for sensitive skin and have tolerated it really well. I had some issues in the beginning, but followed the advise of you lovely ladies and have been able to play the game with it pretty good. I had my first deep cleansing facial about a month ago...AWESOME, and today had Dermaplane done...REALLY AWESOME!!! If you haven't done this yet, do it. It will really bring out the beauty in your skin even more. You will glow! I had to quit using the tret Tuesday night, but should be able to start using it again tomorrow night. My aesthitecian is very pleased with my results so far Very Happy Happy Spring everyone! Cool
3tm
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations with first 12 weeks! I am half way through my 12 week now, still peeling quite a lot. If it hadn't been for this forum I think I would have quit. Have been really red, sore and looking ugly. And it has lasted for long. I had to stop for one day two days ago, as my skin was peeling away on some spots. So, for me, even thought I am soon finished with 12 weeks, obagi is still no walk in the park. So - thank You to You all on this forum, reading it has been my inspiration to follow the regiment so far!
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Debo! What's dermaplaning Question

We're having a minor heatwave here (well, as much as you get in North Yorkshire) so am working to stay out of the sun, even with my spf on...

Week 9 coming to an end & I'm still red, flaky & generally looking a bit of a mess Rolling Eyes "why are you doing this to yourself?" chorus the ladies in my dept "you looked better before" etc. Good job I'm naturally stubborn Laughing

microfibre cloths are helping with the morning flakes, & I think are helping the Obagi work deeper too - I'm flaking in places other than just round my mouth now (which I'm thinking is a good thing as long as I don't overdo it...)

can't wait for it to be over tho... as I appear to be one of the lucky ladies who have the Obagi face for the full duration...

nearly half way! Cool Cool Cool

5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Dianew: the "what are You doing to Yourself" and "You looked better before" sounds strangely familiar:). Only, I am Norwegian, so in different language:). As for staying out of the sun: I am going on vacation in my 15 week of the regiment, I don't want to stop the regiment, because I will not stand to start again with all the side effects.. I will not be able to stay out of sun - so - any advices?
debo
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Dermaplaning is a procedure where they scrape your skin with a small blade to remove dead skin and fine hairs. Here's a video that I just pulled off of the internet. It's really nice. After she was done, my skin felt so smooth and soft. It was glowing Very Happy
I think most of you ladies must use the ex forte and probably a much higher percentage of tret that I do. I only use the ex and 0.025% tret. It's been much easier to go on with my life. Every so often I get a flare-up, but have learned through you guys to skip the exfoderm and blender/tret for a day or two. That always helps to calm back down. I am probably getting slower results, but I am getting excellent results and very happy with it.

Good Luck to everyone!!! Dancing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNhKL8HPjuY&feature=related
debo
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
btw...here's some of my tips that have worked really well. I cleanse my face LAST when I shower with my clarisonic. That way, you get all of the residue from shamp/cond off really good and any dry skin comes off better since your skin has softened up from the shower. Put eye cream on immediately after the toner. At night, always go around your nose and mouth with the toner AFTER putting on your blender/tret combination. Another good tip to help make your toner last longer...put it in a small spray bottle, spay on your face, then wipe off with a cotton ball. Wink
I never peel any more. I may get a dry patch where I've put the tret directly on a blemish, but that hasn't even been happening that often anymore.
Hope these help some. It's much easier to stay with this program when you're not so uncomfortable from all of the redness & peeling.
anniezmoon

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Things that have helped me cope with Obagi:

Getting up earlier in the morning to take care of flaking before I go to work!!

BioMedic Conditioning Solution- a great exfoliant to remove the dry flakes-- but use on an eight-ply gauze pad (like from a dr. office) rather than a cotton ball-- really helps to clean off flakes. I sheepishly admit to sometimes using regular scotch tape to peel off flakes.

Instead of C Serum I've started using IS Clinical Super Serum Advance which seems to be having more positive effect on my skin (except that the consistency of it is like water and is easier to spill and drip..) It includes C and copper peptides. Also using some samples of IS Clinical Active Serum on what I'd call "recovery days" -- really liken' it & wish I had more samples cause those IS Clinical products are pricey... but, then, what isn't??
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |