Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Qwackertoo
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:40 am      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
Qwackertoo have you ordered this from EDS, I am in the UK and have yet to source where best to order from, need to order some more retina 0.05% too.

Not yet, I am new to this site. Less than ten days here. The place I ordered from was in Arkansas, I think, I'd have to check my order but it was via Amazon.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Quackertoo: I just ordered the obagi spf50 off ebay too, at a snip and the expiry date in the listing was also 2014 Laughing

I wish we only paid 9.5% tax, over here in the UK, it's 20% Brick wall

monalisa: You're welcome Smile

I'm intending on buying my non-prescription items off of ebay i.e. cleanser, toner, exfoderm and sunscreen. The clear and blender I intend to buy from EDS as the prices are cheap and the shipping is very reasonable, I will also get a 5% discount on my orders and a free cleanser/toner/gift voucher (not sure if there is a minimum spend to qualify for this) It's much cheaper than the uk, but you may get hit by customs depending on the value of your order. I'm planning to order my mum's starter set from EDS and worked out that even with customs tax, with the free gift and 5% I'm still saving at least £75 Smile.

I've checked out amazon, the UK site does not sell tretinoin or hydroquinone products and the US site won't deliver them to the UK! I've decided to go with alldaychemist.com for my 0.05% tret cream, which is manufactured by Johnson & Johnson. I'm ordering 10 tubes @ $3.50 each at a total cost of $60/£36.53 including shipping Cool. I've tried it already (thanks to dianew) and feel that for the price, it is a bargain. I thought it was greasier than the obagi tret cream but, the more I've been using it, the less greasy it seems Cool. HTH

fongflyer and kims: I'm also taking your advice on sticking with the 0.05% tret cream too Smile
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all I forgot to mention there seems to be a special offer on the obagi products on EDS at the moment, check it out Smile
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Angelofthenorth, just thought I would like you know that even on maintenance I was perhaps a little heavy handed with my use of retin A .05% and right now, my chin is bright red and flaky! The rest of the face looks fine but because you use your jaw and mouth area a lot more, that area on my face is looking hideous right now!
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip about the obagi sale!! I'll b stocking up
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Great info angelofthenorth thanks for the tip off Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Angel,

I thank you as well!! Hope everyone's having a great "Obagi Day!"

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm gald to be of assistance Laughing

Fongflyer: I'll bear that in mind about the retin a whilst on maintenance, my chin is the most affected area right now as it is so I'll definitely go easy once I've finished the programme.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:46 am      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
I'm gald to be of assistance Laughing

Fongflyer: I'll bear that in mind about the retin a whilst on maintenance, my chin is the most affected area right now as it is so I'll definitely go easy once I've finished the programme.

Mine's a bit red and peely today as well. You would think after using the products for two years that your skin would become totally acclimated. I think I get "heavy-handed" with the Blender/Retin a once in a while! Guess it's good to know that the products can still effect your skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't it ironic kims, that are both going thru the red peeling again!! I started using vitiman E to help!
Kahu

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Dear all!
I have been reading the posts in this forum the last days. They are really helpful, more than the derm sometimes.... Question Im on the 4th week with Nuderm. I have had peeling, flaking and redness since day 3... My hyperpigmentation was gone after two weeks,now my skin is red and peeling especially arround the mouth area, my pores seems larger (differs a little each day)and my skin partly has more wrinkles. At the same time it is quite oily everywhere except arround the mouth area,especially after applying the regime, both am/pm. I use 1/2 g 0,1% obagi tretinoin with blender at night. Might it be easier to use less???? I am starting to get tired of feeling ugly. I use the obagi 35 sph sunscreen... but it looks a little white on my red face.. Embarassed
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kahu wrote:
Dear all!
I have been reading the posts in this forum the last days. They are really helpful, more than the derm sometimes.... Question Im on the 4th week with Nuderm. I have had peeling, flaking and redness since day 3... My hyperpigmentation was gone after two weeks,now my skin is red and peeling especially arround the mouth area, my pores seems larger (differs a little each day)and my skin partly has more wrinkles. At the same time it is quite oily everywhere except arround the mouth area,especially after applying the regime, both am/pm. I use 1/2 g 0,1% obagi tretinoin with blender at night. Might it be easier to use less???? I am starting to get tired of feeling ugly. I use the obagi 35 sph sunscreen... but it looks a little white on my red face.. Embarassed

Hi kahu and welcome, It's great that your hyper-pigmentation has gone and I'm sorry to hear about the side affects you are experiencing. I also have a different experience everyday with my pores, some days their barely there, other days you can't miss them! I also experience most of the flaking/peeling/redness around my mouth area too, in many have posted this same complaint and apparently it's because it's the area we move the most on our faces.

I would say based on the knowledge I've acquired on this forum, you could try using a weaker strength tretinoin like 0.05% and possibly look at changing your sunscreen. The general consensus is that as long as it's a physical/mineral sunscreen, i.e. zinc/titanium based you should be fine. I'm not in love with the obagi spf35 either, it leaves a white cast on my face too. Some of the recommended sun screens are burnout eco sensitive, NIA24, the obagi spf50, I've recently purchased NIA24 (yet to try) and the obagi spf50 (still waiting for delivery), you could also check out the following threads:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35450

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=6786

You can also do a search for reviews on the ones you like the look of HTH.

I hope the redness and flakes get better for you soon, you'll find plenty of help and support on this forum so don't be disheartened and don't give up.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kahu wrote:
Dear all!

Hi Kahu,
That's amazing that you're hyperpigmentation was gone only after two weeks!! Wow! You know, you are still in the "out with the old, in with the new" stage and your skin can sometimes change on a daily basis. I also noticed being oily -- especially during the summer months with high humidity. I also noticed being oilier when using the Exfoderm Forte. Are you using all of the Nuderm products?

You're using a very strong percent of retin a and that may be why you look more "wrinkly." This isn't permanent. I know that it's quite tiring feeling wrinkly, red, peely, and unattractice, but it does get better! Smile

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks angelofthenorth Smile I am trying to be patient... at least my skin tone is even, which is the reason I started (after my pregnancy 12 years ago, my skin looked like a "map").

Hi Kim Smile I am using exforderm forte, and yes I am using all the Nuderm products.

I am planning to go out Friday evening... Shock My skin tend to get really flaky in late afternoon/evening until I do the night routine. Should I do my night routine before I go and just apply some powder over or do you have any other suggestions on how to bring my skin in shape to apply a little mineral powder and not look like a snake... Idea
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:39 am      Reply with quote
kims: I decided to ditch the obagi spf35 and start with the NIA24 (there was only about 1/4 left), I was wondering what you meant by getting used to it? I also wondered how much you are using? I think I may be putting on too much, it may be because it's a new tube but a lot comes out when I'm only squeezing a little bit.

I've only been using for 3 days, day1: I had a lot of peeling going on and found that the ss really stuck to the flakes, day 2: I took the bottle to my mum's, I was going to give it to her because I left the house with a grey cast over my face, when I too her to a mirror to show her, it had sunk in and looked fine, so I decided to persevere, day 3: I have a little bit of a white cast to the right side of my hairline and it's also visible on my chin, everywhere else looks fine.

I find NIA24 is a lot nicer than the obagi spf35, I've now got the obagi spf50 (haven't tried this yet) and am looking to invest in some burnout eco sensitive in my quest for HG ss, but I don't know that I would repurchase. NIA24 ss is very expensive in UK at £38/$61.80 for 75ml, it also has quite a long ingredients list (counted 36 inactive ingredients opposed to 27 on the obagi spf50 and 13 on the burnout).
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I posted in another thread but thought I'd share here as well, I finally ordered the clarisonic pro today! I'm looking forward to less peelies/flakes, more even skin tone, reduced pore size and better penetration of my obagi products Cool
Kahu

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 am      Reply with quote
@angelofthenorth Please update me reg the Clarasonic, I have considered buying one as well, but I find it really expensive... I bought the sunscreen/primer from ZO, is amazing!!!! I can really recommend it. Now Its afternoon here and I am going out tonight and my skin is starting to peel like crazy again (every afternoon/evening) I don't know what to do in order to look decent tonight... Shock
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Angel,
I think it was DianeW who had to get used to the NIA24 sunscreen. Because of the Niacin, I think it can cause "flushing" for some.

I really like the Obagi 50; it dries to more of a matte finish.

Finding the right sunscreen can be so frustrating! And, so expensive! I guess I try to see ss as an investment, of sorts. If I'm going to spend all this time, energy, and money getting my skin in better, healthier shape; I definitely want to protect it! Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 am      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
I posted in another thread but thought I'd share here as well, I finally ordered the clarisonic pro today! I'm looking forward to less peelies/flakes, more even skin tone, reduced pore size and better penetration of my obagi products Cool

I've had my Clarisonic for over two years now and still think it's a great tool to have. Another "investment!"

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kim!
Purchasing the ZO primer/sunscreen was $ 130 in Norway... It was far to expensive - but it is the best I`ve tried. I guess my skin is still to sensitive for the clarasonic (end of 4th week)but I assume I will need it... my chin and mouth area look horrible again and I am supposed to leave the house in two hours.... you have no "quick fix tips"???? Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Kahu wrote:
Hi Kim!
Purchasing the ZO primer/sunscreen was $ 130 in Norway... It was far to expensive - but it is the best I`ve tried. I guess my skin is still to sensitive for the clarasonic (end of 4th week)but I assume I will need it... my chin and mouth area look horrible again and I am supposed to leave the house in two hours.... you have no "quick fix tips"???? Smile

Did you try gently exfoliating the area? You could also use a little moisturizer to calm down the redness and keep the flakes away. Aquaphor is good too. Good luck!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kahu, just been reading your post and it's great to read that you are seeing results through all the side effects! The side effects tend to be more obvious around the chin and mouths area because we use our muscles more in this area through talking and eating, so the skin is constantly being agitated. It's actually better that you started on Obagi during the summer months, the humidity which makes your skin a little more oiler actually helps to lessen the dryness of the products.
PamL

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I am in my third week using the Obagi Nu-Derm system (most of it anyway, some products seem redundant). Some minor redness, and when I rub my face, skin rolls off. So I think I'm not having any major problems. Currently in the morning I'm using the Gentle Cleanser, C-Serum 20%, Exfoderm, the SPF50 sunscreen (I love this matte finish! and no whiteish face like you usually get using the physical sun blocks); at night it's Gentle Cleanser, Action Moisturizer mixed with Retinonin and Elastiderm Eye Cream.
I don't have brown spots, freckles or scars on my face so I haven't used the Clear or Blender. I do have some areas that are usually a little redder on my face, along with a red area on my chest that is sun damage (no dark discoloration, just redness). I just started the Elastiderm Decollatage program and am wondering if I can use the Lightening Complex on my face instead of Clear or Blender, to even out and lighten the redder areas? All 3 have 4% hydroquinone and other similar ingredients.
I want to keep my skin care regimen as simple as possible and of course affordable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Kahu: They have a delicate brush which I think is a little more gentle than the sensitive brush and I think they have a very low speed option as well. I will definitely keep you posted with how I get on with the clarisonic, you are right, it is very expensive but just like kims and many others have said (especially if it does what it says on the box), it's an investment.

kims: Oops, sorry about that, I've read so many threads/posts on this forum it's starting to get difficult remembering who posted what and where, Thanks for putting me straight.

I totally agree with you on the problems one can have finding their HG ss, I'm seriously hoping that one of the 3 I mentioned earlier will be my HG and at least one of them will be a good back up.

I actually had a better time of it with my ss application today - no white cast! I was very careful not to squeeze out too much and it went on nicely, I even put a bit more on straight after as it went on so easy, I was scared I hadn't used enough Laughing.

fongflyer: I always thought I had made a big mistake by starting obagi in the summertime because of all the sun exposure (LOL we don't actually get too much of that in the UK) we get on the hotter days?
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
PamL wrote:
I am in my third week using the Obagi Nu-Derm system (most of it anyway, some products seem redundant). Some minor redness, and when I rub my face, skin rolls off. So I think I'm not having any major problems. Currently in the morning I'm using the Gentle Cleanser, C-Serum 20%, Exfoderm, the SPF50 sunscreen (I love this matte finish! and no whiteish face like you usually get using the physical sun blocks); at night it's Gentle Cleanser, Action Moisturizer mixed with Retinonin and Elastiderm Eye Cream.
I don't have brown spots, freckles or scars on my face so I haven't used the Clear or Blender. I do have some areas that are usually a little redder on my face, along with a red area on my chest that is sun damage (no dark discoloration, just redness). I just started the Elastiderm Decollatage program and am wondering if I can use the Lightening Complex on my face instead of Clear or Blender, to even out and lighten the redder areas? All 3 have 4% hydroquinone and other similar ingredients.
I want to keep my skin care regimen as simple as possible and of course affordable.

Hi PamL, I'm glad things are going well for you so far and you're not experiencing anything too terrible.

From what I understand, the clear and the blender mixed with the retin a are the main products that produce any major transformation. I have seen in other threads and forums that there are people who have had success using just clear or the blender (not necessarily with the retin a) without having used the rest of the system, those that have found obagi not to really do anything have either omitted the HQ products and the retin a.

Have you noticed any improvements so far? I'm sure I've read a review where someone said they got results by just using exfoderm but I can't remember where, if you're interested you can always google the individual product for reviews.

I have never used the elastiderm product you are thinking of substituting the clear with, maybe someone else can chime in there, I will say though that there is a general consensus that the obagi system is designed to work together and that we should refrain from including other products/brands whilst doing the intensive 18-24 wk programme, with the exception of eye cream and vit-c serum. HTH
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |