Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
PamL

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Angel, So is it typically a 12-week cycle, then go to maintenance, then once a year thereafter do the 12-week program? I haven't been using the clear or blender as I don't have pigmentation problems, do you think that'll affect my results? Congrats on your great deal, I love a good bargain myself!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
PamL wrote:
Thanks Angel, So is it typically a 12-week cycle, then go to maintenance, then once a year thereafter do the 12-week program? I haven't been using the clear or blender as I don't have pigmentation problems, do you think that'll affect my results? Congrats on your great deal, I love a good bargain myself!

Hi PamL, the suggested length of time to use obagi is 18-24 wks, 12 wks was the suggested length of time for me to use the system when I a consultation, before starting obagi.

As far as I am aware, the clear and the blender along with the retin a are the main parts of the system. As the cleanser and the toner merely balance the skin's ph level and prepares it for the main products, I can't imagine that they would do much without #3 & #5. The number 4 is an AHA, which if I'm not mistaken helps skin to shed its dead cells, promoting a better cell turnover, many people leave this bit out, so although it's a part of the system, I wouldn't say it would have much affect without the main products. If you are suffering any side effects, (assuming that you are using retin a) it would be that or the exfoderm that would be causing them.

Although I know pigmentation is one of the main conditions that obagi treats, it also works on evening out the skin tone, clearing some acne scars, reducing active acne (although I think that's more the retin a part of the treatment), some have reported smaller pores. Are you seeing much results? Can you remind us of the issues you are trying to correct?

I started obagi for post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, acne scarring, a little active acne, dark circles, evening out my skin tone and hopefully reducing my pore size Rolling Eyes Most of my acne scars have faded or gone completely, but I have new ones from my purging stage that are now visible my skin tone is very even compared to how it was before, my acne is not as bad as it was before obagi and although I stopped hoping that I would perfect my pores, but I've learnt a lot about my pores since I've been on obagi and they are looking really good. In fact the skin on my face is generally looking good and I keep getting compliments about it.

As for my bargain, thank you for the congratulations, I'm still in shock Bad Grin
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:54 am      Reply with quote
PamL,

angelofthenorth, is correct about the products and which ones are the more important ones in the system. I went to 18 weeks initially when I started on Obagi. Then, thinking I would get even more results, I went to 24 weeks. In the end, going to 24 weeks didn't make any difference. In fact between week 12 and 14, my skin reached it's peak and the results plateau.
janetsimone
5% products discount

Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:51 am      Reply with quote
hello everybody,
thanks for the respons to my quistion.
I started in october last year with obagi. i go to a skintherapist, she treats my skin. In febr. i had my deep blue peel.
the pain was oke but the after two weeks bad,bad.
I only walk the dog when there are not people in the park. i hide in my house.
Now, in july i can say that the blue peel make a differents, my skin is smooth and som wrinkles are fade away.
I am very happy with obagi, but in the netherlands is obagi mor expensive than in canada or de usa. For a clear fx i pay here 89,00 euro on eds you pay 53,00 euro. So when i need products i buy it on this site. perfect,
Greetings Janet
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you done the Obagi Radiance Blue Peel? One plastic surgeon in my area is doing it so I thought I'd call and ask about the cost, treatment, etc.

I also found the Blue Peel kit for sale on Ebay for a little over $200 for six vials. However, I know it's not intended for home use. Interesting! But don't think I would attempt it on my own.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Kim,
i don't think i can try it on my skin. It hurts so much, i think i stopt before have of my face was blue.
Janet
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 am      Reply with quote
kims: I've seen the blue peel for sale on ebay too, I would be too scared to try something like that at home, I'm too chicken to do the glycolic peels. In the UK the blue peel can cost anything from £800 to well over £1000 depending on where you go. So many people have given mixed reviews about the blue peel, like most things, it doesn't work for everybody, let us know how it goes with your enquiries and if you decide to do it.
janetsimone
5% products discount

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:47 am      Reply with quote
In the Netherlands, i paid by my skintherapist 500,00 euro and my insurence paid 400,00 euro.
So it cost me 102,euro's
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Angel and Janet,
I'll let you know what I find out from my p.s. in regards to cost and down time. I read somewhere (???) that the average cost of a Blue Peel is $600.

I would also like to know how this peel compares to laser treatments and if this a one time peel or a series??

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Angel for sharing your experience. I started Obagi NuDerm as I noticed my facial skin looking tired and lines forming. I am 55. I have very light skin with no brown spots, acne scars (thank goodness, I had bad acne in my teens), but the oval area around my nose/mouth has been on the red side, which I attribute to menopausal changes (that's when I noticed it). I don't think the clear or blender is designed for my issues, but let me know if I'm mistaken. I don't mind spending the $$$ if it's the right product. Otherwise, I am reluctant to buy products just because it's part of the system, if my skin doesn't warrant it. I use the Exoferm daily in the morning and yes, I do have peeling with that. I started May 19 and can see improvement, so can my friends. What are your thoughts on the blender and clear when hyperpigmentation/brown age spots or acne scars are not present?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi PamL

The Obagi NuDerm is designed to be used as an entire system, the products are used in conjuction with each other to achieve the best results. In particular, it's great for pigmentation problems. The HQ in both the clear and blender helps to fade these. I'm just wondering if you needed to use the Obagi Nuderm products if these weren't your main concerns? The Obagi C system which is less aggressive may of suited your needs better? I would agree it's a waste of $ on products you don't need.

Kims and angelofthenorth,
The blue peel has always interested me, however I'm bit nervous about the DIY.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Angel and Janet,
I'll let you know what I find out from my p.s. in regards to cost and down time. I read somewhere (???) that the average cost of a Blue Peel is $600.

I would also like to know how this peel compares to laser treatments and if this a one time peel or a series??

$600, wow what a difference in the prices. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that this is a one time peel, if I'm not mistaken. I think it comes under a deep peel, they usually don't recommend more than one of these in your lifetime.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:12 am      Reply with quote
PamL wrote:
Thanks Angel for sharing your experience. I started Obagi NuDerm as I noticed my facial skin looking tired and lines forming. I am 55. I have very light skin with no brown spots, acne scars (thank goodness, I had bad acne in my teens), but the oval area around my nose/mouth has been on the red side, which I attribute to menopausal changes (that's when I noticed it). I don't think the clear or blender is designed for my issues, but let me know if I'm mistaken. I don't mind spending the $$$ if it's the right product. Otherwise, I am reluctant to buy products just because it's part of the system, if my skin doesn't warrant it. I use the Exoferm daily in the morning and yes, I do have peeling with that. I started May 19 and can see improvement, so can my friends. What are your thoughts on the blender and clear when hyperpigmentation/brown age spots or acne scars are not present?

Hi PamL, I can understand you not wanting to buy the clear and blender if you don't think you need it, I do agree with fongflyer that this system should be used together, particularly for the first 12-24 wks. I know you're not using the blender, but are you using retin a? I think that's the part of the system that would help with fine lines,

I don't know if you've seen these pictures before, but I've posted a couple of links for the obagi nu derm before and after pictures. If you look closely, there are some that did not have pigmentation, significant scarring ect, but they have still had amazing results, my guess would be that they used the complete system. HTH

http://www.skincare-md.com/DisplayPages/Products/ShowCategoryPhotos.cfm?CategoryID=24

http://www.google.com/search?q=obagi+before+and+after+pictures&hl=en&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=zs8iTouMHs6FhQfMu7mjAw&ved=0CDcQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643
PamL

Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am using the retin-A, .1% at night. thanks for the links, it was helpful to see the conditions that NuDerm is designed to help. I had a consultation with a Dermatologist who suggested NuDerm, but I will take your suggestion and investigate the C-Rx (I am also using the C-serum 20% in the a.m.) system to determine if that system may be better for my skin. Thanks to all of you for your valuable input!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
After reading most of the postings (weeeeeeee 54 pages of reviews!) I am definitely interested in using the Obagi line. I have seen medicalspas carrying Obagi numerous times, but the cost of the products and how I must (or should) use the whole line of products to see results, has been stopping me from purchasing them. My biggest fear is what would I do if I spend all this money on something that won't work? But I guess that goes for almost all new products! My skin has been pretty bad lately (breakouts and scarring and fine lines, etc) and I'm only 28! So hopefully Obagi might be my savior. Once I finish using my existing products, I will look into trying the Obagi line.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi syndi222

Obagi is a big $ investment. Initially to get the full results you do need to use all the products. There are some products in the line, the cleanser and toner you can replace with others later one. I'm glad you are doing your research and read thru the 54 pages of review!! Personal experiences of others is a great way to decide if you think Obagi will help you! Weclome to the forum!
janetsimone
5% products discount

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
i heard that you can do the blue peel every year, but you must prepair your skin for it. I had my peel in febr. i don't think i do it again because de after two weeks. My skin peeled of. it was not a comfort. sometimes i pull on the dead skin. that's the one thing you may not do. But i was all the two weeks tempted to do that because it can leave skars on you face.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 am      Reply with quote
janetsimone wrote:
Hello,
i heard that you can do the blue peel every year, but you must prepair your skin for it. I had my peel in febr. i don't think i do it again because de after two weeks. My skin peeled of. it was not a comfort. sometimes i pull on the dead skin. that's the one thing you may not do. But i was all the two weeks tempted to do that because it can leave skars on you face.

janetsimone, you can have them done more than once, apparently it can take several treatments to get the desired results. Apologies for the error, I think I must be thinking about a deeper type of peel I read about while looking up different types of treatment for my acne scars, I read so much from so many different sources that I forget where I read the information and seem to be confusing treatments too Confused
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:55 am      Reply with quote
syndi222 wrote:
After reading most of the postings (weeeeeeee 54 pages of reviews!) I am definitely interested in using the Obagi line. I have seen medicalspas carrying Obagi numerous times, but the cost of the products and how I must (or should) use the whole line of products to see results, has been stopping me from purchasing them. My biggest fear is what would I do if I spend all this money on something that won't work? But I guess that goes for almost all new products! My skin has been pretty bad lately (breakouts and scarring and fine lines, etc) and I'm only 28! So hopefully Obagi might be my savior. Once I finish using my existing products, I will look into trying the Obagi line.

Welcome syndi222, I believe that most people will benefit something positive from the obagi programme, but also that not everyone will get the amazing results we sometimes read about. I'm in week 11 (had 4 days off in week 9) and I have had some great results with the fading of scars, dark circles, the texture of my skin is smoother, the tone is more even and I've managed to shift the most embedded, stubborn blackheads, I've also seen a reduction in my active acne. There's definitely some room for improvement, which is why I want to make sure I do another round next year. I'm moving from the RX (HQ) products to the FX products, this will no doubt take longer to achieve the desired results but I think it is a worthwhile investment and has done more for me than any other products I've used.
Fecky1

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Im now 2 weeks in to the Obagi programme and the side effects have almost completely gone, except a tiny bit of dryness, I cant believe how lucky ive been! But at the same time im also a bit worried because the clinic I went to said the more peeling and redness you have the better your results will be, so I hope I still get good results.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
janetsimone wrote:
Hello,

Thanks, Janetsimone, for your comments! So, it sounds like there is some significant down time involved -- two weeks?? If it would make a difference in my skin's texture, I might be willing to "suffer" through it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Fecky1 wrote:
Im now 2 weeks in to the Obagi programme and the side effects have almost completely gone, except a tiny bit of dryness, I cant believe how lucky ive been! But at the same time im also a bit worried because the clinic I went to said the more peeling and redness you have the better your results will be, so I hope I still get good results.

Hi Fecky1,
If you're using the products correctly (especially the amount of product) then you should definitely get good results. There are some people who don't experience the "side effects."

s

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fecky1

I agree with kims, you should gets good results. I don't agree with the clinic that the more peeling and redness you have the better the results. Everyone has a different reaction and tolerance to the hardness of the products.
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Ok ladies... I think it's time for me to stop the Obagi now - it feels like any beneficial effects have long since stopped & now I'm just damaging my skin... I've uploaded some photos - tell me if you agree?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65435761@N07/

I think I'll go to maintenance, just using Clear & Blender 3 x week on the hyper-pigmented bits only (tip of nose and cheeks) keep up with reduced strength tret (.025) and sunscreen daily, and not repurchase any Obagi when it runs out

I'd welcome any advice - looking at the photographic evidence I think I should've stopped some time ago - I was pale to start with, & am rather more so now, which is quite ageing...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
dianew wrote:
Ok ladies... I think it's time for me to stop the Obagi now - it feels like any beneficial effects have long since stopped & now I'm just damaging my skin... I've uploaded some photos - tell me if you agree?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65435761@N07/

I think I'll go to maintenance, just using Clear & Blender 3 x week on the hyper-pigmented bits only (tip of nose and cheeks) keep up with reduced strength tret (.025) and sunscreen daily, and not repurchase any Obagi when it runs out

I'd welcome any advice - looking at the photographic evidence I think I should've stopped some time ago - I was pale to start with, & am rather more so now, which is quite ageing...

Hi Diane,
Thank you so much for posting your pictures! I think Obagi has really improved your skin! It's much brighter and definitely more even toned. Plus, you have beautiful eyes! I don't see a big change in your NL's -- you don't really have any to begin with. I also think that your skin will "calm down" once you're not using the products daily.

I think you are defnitely ready for maintenance, and I like your plan of using the products three times a week along with a good sunscreen. I sometimes omit the Blender and just use the retin a by itself. For me, the use of Clear and retin a works out well. When I use the Blender, I will definitely have more irritation. Nonetheless, I still have it on hand and use it occasionally.

I don't remember if you like to wear make up or not, but if you do, I highly recommend Jane Iredale's loose powder mmu. It provides nice coverage, isn't heavy, and has an added 15 spf.

So, congrats to you for making it through! You look awesome! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |