Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kim

thanks for the encouragement, and the kind words Smile yes I'm def ready to stop the daily use now, & hopefully the residual redness will calm down then, as you say

funnily enough, I've just purchased some Jane Iredale mmu in a starter kit, after hearing ladies on here recommend it - I look forward to using it when the flakiness subsides Smile

& thanks to all the other ladies on here - this site has been invaluable in helping me through the various ups and downs of Obagi Smile

Diane

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Diane, I can't see the hypopigmentation in your photo, but I can tell you from experience, that this does eventually "blend in" if you continue on the HQ. I think you look great, and you don't have any wrinkles or pigmentation! I would play with the Clear, Blender/RA combo and try to figure out the minimal amount of the products to keep your results, but that will also allow your redness to go away, though from your before photo, it looks like your skin may be prone to some redness? Thanks so much for sharing your photos!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Diane,
Please stay in touch and let us know how maintenance goes for you as well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:07 am      Reply with quote
dianew,

Thank you for posting your pictures. I thought you look great! You can clearly see improvement. When the redness goes down a bit and it will once you go on maintenance you will be even more happier with the results. You skin looks really great, I'm so happy that you posted the pictures.
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Diane the results look amazing, although you're still a bit red, I think the middle picture shows just how much has improved. I would agree with you that you should be ready for maintenance now, hopefully that will calm down the redness and show off your post obagi skin. Thanks for sharing and congratulations for making it so far with all the terrible side affects Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Everyone! I feel I need to post about the Obagi Nuderm Sunshield 50 sunscreen. I really liked it at first as I thought it would complement the other Nuderm products and I've been wearing it throughout the summer. Well... much to my dismay, I've got a sprinkling of new freckles across my forehead and nose! And, I've really tried hard to stay out of the sun much of the summer. Needless to say that I'm disappointed and can only attribute this to the Nuderm sunscreen. While I really don't like it near as much, NIA 24 seems to work much better for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hey Everyone! I feel I need to post about the Obagi Nuderm Sunshield 50 sunscreen. I really liked it at first as I thought it would complement the other Nuderm products and I've been wearing it throughout the summer. Well... much to my dismay, I've got a sprinkling of new freckles across my forehead and nose! And, I've really tried hard to stay out of the sun much of the summer. Needless to say that I'm disappointed and can only attribute this to the Nuderm sunscreen. While I really don't like it near as much, NIA 24 seems to work much better for me.

I'm sorry to hear about your new freckles kims, there's nothing worse than having to take a step backwards from your progress. I have recently started wearing devita under my obagi sunshield spf50, I just feel better about the higher content of zinc and the devita alone leaves my skin far too oily. I can't say I've noticed anything obviously wrong, but I have questioned the level of protection it really gives. I Have to say I do love the sunshield ss, especially the way it leaves me with a matte finish.

How often were you reapplying your ss kims?
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Kims

Despite the set back, on a positive note, u know what to do to help fade them again. A few weeks on Obagi & the freckles will b gone again.

You can never fully know if a SS you are using is going to be totally effective. Unfortunately it takes a set back like this to question if effectiveness of the one you are using. I've become a bit paranoid about the sun that my DR has asked that my vitiman D levels be checked!
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Kims

that's a real blow for the Obagi ss then - which had become my fav one too Sad You've probably said this before, but whereabouts do you live & how hot does it get there? Maybe we can move the Obagi to winter ss duty (which seems mad with it claiming spf50 doesn't it?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 am      Reply with quote
fongflyer5 wrote:
Kims

Despite the set back, on a positive note, u know what to do to help fade them again. A few weeks on Obagi & the freckles will b gone again.

You can never fully know if a SS you are using is going to be totally effective. Unfortunately it takes a set back like this to question if effectiveness of the one you are using. I've become a bit paranoid about the sun that my DR has asked that my vitiman D levels be checked!

I'm back to using Clear twice a day, so it probably won't take long to fade the freckles. Truthfully, I'm probably the only one who can see them anyway! But I do know they are there!

Diane, I live in the midwest of the U.S. in the state of Missouri. We've had record setting highs this summer so it's been extremely HOT. You might be right: the Sun Shield might be better for the winter.

Fongflyer, does your doctor think your Vit D levels are low?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kims

I'm not sure but because my DR is doing a regular blood test she has included Vitiman D. I live in Australia where we are bombarded with sun cancer awareness. Apparently it's created a backlash effect now because so many people are so sun concious we are avoiding the sun completely! Hence we now have low vitiman D levels in the country as well as high skin cancer!

You just can't win! Either it's too much sun exposure or lack of sun! Mind you since I started on Obagi I've become even more concious of the sun, fearing all the hard work of obagi will disappear! I'm like you, you tend to become more concious of spots/ marks etc that now appear on your face.
Fecky1

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I have now been using the Obagi products for 3 weeks and all the peeling and redness has disappeared entirely which is great. When should I expect to see noticable results? I thought I could see improvements a week or so ago, but now I seem to be back to square one.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Fecky1

Obagi works differently for each person, for some result appear quicker than others, whilst the peeling and redness never disappears. It's a very individual response. From my own personal experience, I started to notice an improvement in skin tone at the 4th week stage. Don't worry you will see an improvements, it may just take a bit longer. There is no set time frame, but don't worry you haven't returned to square one!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Fecky1 wrote:
I have now been using the Obagi products for 3 weeks and all the peeling and redness has disappeared entirely which is great. When should I expect to see noticable results? I thought I could see improvements a week or so ago, but now I seem to be back to square one.

You're still in the early stages of the first phase. While some people see almost immediate results, others -- like myself -- didn't see a lot of change until about the 12th week.

Like Fongflyer said, there are really no hard and fast "time frames" for results. This program and your process is highly individualized.

Also, don't be surprised if the redness and flakiness come and go throughout the entire time. Be patient and I'm sure you'll see results soon! Smile

5% products discount

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
Have you heard of zo skin health exfoliating polish. I bougt it on this site and it is faboules. It is a scrub and i use it 2 times in the week. Together with my nu derm system of obagie. My skin is smoother and without acne. if you want to use a scrub try obagi zo skin health exfoliating polisher.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
janetsimone wrote:
Hello,
Have you heard of zo skin health exfoliating polish. I bougt it on this site and it is faboules. It is a scrub and i use it 2 times in the week. Together with my nu derm system of obagie. My skin is smoother and without acne. if you want to use a scrub try obagi zo skin health exfoliating polisher.

Thanks, Janetsimone. Good to know that you can incorporate the ZO products with Obagi. Glad it's working for you! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:07 am      Reply with quote
I must admit I do like to use a scrub once in awhile. Whilst I haven't looked at the ZO skin line, it's good to get a product review as it's something I would be interested in.
AdamsonR+F

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you that love Obagi but are concerned about the long term use, harsh effects, high expense, etc; you should definitely consider the "Reverse" regimen from Rodan + Fields Dermatologist. Drs. Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields are the creators of Proactiv Solutions, that we all know and love so well. These two women have now come to market with some award winning skin care for the 30+(or younger)skin issues, incl sun damage, pigment issues, acne scars, and even products for roscea, adult acne, and of course wrinkles and pores! These products all use the prescription ingredients at OTC strengths combined in a "MultiMed" therapy to achieve the same extreme and quick results with less side effects and less expense. Am I trying to make sales pitch here...yes! but only because this stuff works soo well and I want to share it with you all! Very Happy
Check out my website and join our Prefered Customer program. Drs. Rodan + Fields stand behind these products with a 60 day 100% money back ret policy, no questions asked! There are also some great before and after pics! You can also find my contact info if you think you might be interested in a fabulous business opportunity with these women! They made it BIG once and they are doing it AGAIN!
radamson.myrandf
It will not let me link it, so please copy/paste and add a "www" and .com THX!!
janetsimone
5% products discount

Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Dear adamson,
My cost for the obagi is 35,00 euro a month. i think thats not expensive seen the results. in the beginning its expensive but i use it now for 9 months and now i use some products two times a week. by exsample exoderm forte and clear and blend.
The zo skin health exfoliating polish is perfect. My therapist advised it when you are trough the first week, because its to heavy to for your skin to use in the first week. I bougt my polish a couple of weeks ago and i use obagi now 9 months.
The costs for the obagi is for me not expensive comparing with other products.
debo
5% products discount

Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using obagi since February. After going through the initial starting phases my skin looked really good. Now, I've been breaking out. Sometimes it looks like blisters. Is it time for me to take a break from the system?
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
debo wrote:
I've been using obagi since February. After going through the initial starting phases my skin looked really good. Now, I've been breaking out. Sometimes it looks like blisters. Is it time for me to take a break from the system?

Have you been using the full programme or did you move on to maintenance? Which of the products are you using?
angelofthenorth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
debo wrote:

Have you been using the full programme or did you move on to maintenance? Which of the products are you using?
debo
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
debo wrote:

I use the entire condition and enhance for sensitive skin. The only time I don't use the daytime regimen is on the weekend when I'm at the pool all day. Then, I use blue lizard or obagi spf35 that came with my kit. I haven't burned at all. I always clean my face really good and use the pm regimen after I come in fr the day.
debo
5% products discount

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
angelofthenorth wrote:
debo wrote:

I use the entire condition and enhance for sensitive skin. The only time I don't use the daytime regimen is on the weekend when I'm at the pool all day. Then, I use blue lizard or obagi spf35 that came with my kit. I haven't burned at all. I always clean my face really good and use the pm regimen after I come in fr the day.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
debo

I'm a little concern when you refer to blisters? I would think about easing back on the usage for a few days to see how you skin goes. I think, as you have seen good results from the products already, taking a break would be a good idea
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |