Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi marcia36

I think you will be fine. Just remember if the side effects become too frustrating or difficult for you to handle, just ease off for a few days, or alternatively gradually introduce the products into your routine. I had also been using retin A for awhile before I started on Obagi, so when I did start on the products the side effects weren't as aggressive because my skin had already acclimatized to using retin A.

Just remember everyone reacts differently and your skin may be a lot more resistant. Good Luck and keep posting for moral support. It is worth it
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi thank you what i plan to do is start slow at the end of the day im in no hurry.I will first introduce the blender in with retin a every second night and see how that goes.Then after maybe 2 weeks i will introduce the clear and so on as i cannot go to work with my face peeling and bright red so im trying to minimise the side effects .The fact that im getting started on the products is good enough for me as ive wanted to do this a long time.I will of course keep you posted and i will prob be on here every 5 minutes for advice as i am a complete panicker .Thanks again
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi just another quick question can yo put the obagi products on your neck and chest areas.xx
jujubean
5% products discount

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone out there answer a question? Friday will be the 4 week mark for me on the O Nu Derm. My routine is AM Foaming Gel and Toner and Exfoderm Forte. PM Foaming Gel and Toner and Clear and Blender with 0.1 Differin Gel.First 3 1/2 weeks I had the usual peeling -- sides of nose and around mouth really bad. As I'm going into my 4th week only flaking now. Although skin on the sides of nose and corners to below bottom lip is somewhat pink. Also cheek area is pinkish. So right now my problem is with the area at the corners of my mouth to below bottom lip and chin area, After initial peeing it is still pink but also looks darker. I was wondering if after my skin exfoliated maybe I had brown spots under there?
jujubean
5% products discount

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
RE: Post above Anyway I went easy on the products for about 3 days and it seems better. Not getting any darker. Has anyone else had this problem? BTW the dark spots on my cheeks are at least 30% better and have had a few compliments on the even tone. Overall I'm pretty happy about being at the 4 week mark, Thank-you for all your posts it really does help to get through the ugly times.
divinegracie

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies! im so glad i found this thread as I need a support group in using obagi! Very Happy As a background, i had serious breakout about 3 months ago and my dermatologist had put me in clenziderm. It worked great that in just 3 weeks, my acne breakouts stopped, all existing pimple dried up. But then im left with ugly dark spots. So last monday, my derm introduced me in using nu derm. Continuing my cleanser and toner from clenziderm, she added exfoderm, clear, blender and tret. the usual regimen. my concern now is she prescribed me exfoderm, not exfoderm forte, when based on my skin type, im quite oily so i think i should be using the forte? im so oily on my tzone, but i tend to dry my cheeks (on extreme condition). i think the derma thinks im dry skin because i saw her when i was peeling from obagi radiance procedure that we did earlier. What do you girls think? i havent purchased the exfoderm yet because of this concern.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
marcia36,

You can use the products on your neck and chest. Obagi actually does a range directed just for this area.

divinegracie,

The exfoderm forte contains glycolic acid and is directed towards normal to oily skin. You will be already using the tretinoin which will be drying on it's own. By choosing the forte it just means it side effects will be even more aggressive. Having said that if your skin is prone to be on the oily side the forte will suit your needs better.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Thank you xx
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Im really confused now the skin consultant phoned me tonight to see how im getting on with the obagi .I told her i was planning to use it on my neck and decollotage area and she said no you dont use the nuderm on that area and that there is another 2 products for that are called elasterderm ,i think thats the spelling.My question is do you think she was just trying to sell me more products which i cannot afford.Like fogflyer5 said it is fine to use on neck and im sure i have read that most of you also used it in that area.I just feel if i only use it on the face my skin on there will get lighter than my neck .She said the neck is too sensitive for the nuderm but does the elasterderm contain lightening indgredients.Not sure what to do i dont want a bad reaction on my neck.Im thinking of using the retin a and my cps together on that area if i cant use the nuderm.Any ideas ?
divinegracie

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
thanks fongflyer5, i guess id just really go for the forte. the other thing that bothers me with the regular exfoderm is that phytic acid is really something new to me, and I dont want to risk money and my skin to something that i havent tried or proven yet. I never had allergic reactions with glycolic and AHA creams before, and as these are the components of forte, im really quite more comfortable to it.

Hi marcia36, i think your consultant is trying to sell you more products. she is correct though that the skin in the neck area is more sensitive than the face, so you should just use less in that part. my dermatologist didnt endorse elastiderm to me if my concern is only skin lightening on the neck part cause elastiderm is more targeted on wrinkles. dont overdo retin A on your neck, it caused me painful peeling and sensitivity in that area before so i just used it every 2 days or every 3 days, very thinly.

ive been using tretinoin before i started on nu derm (day 4 now in nu derm Smile ) so im hoping ill no longer get the purging. the first few weeks of some user are quite scary, but im hoping for the best
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36 wrote:
Im really confused now the skin consultant phoned me tonight to see how im getting on with the obagi .I told her i was planning to use it on my neck and decollotage area and she said no you dont use the nuderm on that area and that there is another 2 products for that are called elasterderm ,i think thats the spelling.My question is do you think she was just trying to sell me more products which i cannot afford.Like fogflyer5 said it is fine to use on neck and im sure i have read that most of you also used it in that area.I just feel if i only use it on the face my skin on there will get lighter than my neck .She said the neck is too sensitive for the nuderm but does the elasterderm contain lightening indgredients.Not sure what to do i dont want a bad reaction on my neck.Im thinking of using the retin a and my cps together on that area if i cant use the nuderm.Any ideas ?

You can use the Clear, and the Blender/RA on your neck - 3 nights a week, small amounts. They don't recommend the Exfoderm/forte for the neck/chest area. The Elastiderm for the neck/chest has HQ in 1 of the products, and the bi-mineral complex in the 2nd product (like the Elastiderm eye cream).
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36

The obagi treatment for the neck and chest is called, Elastiderm Decolletage. It's a 2 step program. The first is Skin Lightening Complex which contains 4% HQ and the second is the Wrinkle reducing Lotion which is designed to replenish elasticity and build collagen. The skin lightening complex is similiar to the clear and blender, the active ingredient being 4% HQ which is for pigmentation.

I agree with divinegracie, they are trying to sell you more products. However these products are designed better for these areas as the skin on the neck and chest is different to the skin on your face. However, having said that, there isn't any reason why you can't use the clear or the blender/ retin A on your neck and face. I agree you need to be more careful, especially around the neck area
divinegracie

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I know this has been asked a couple of times, but is mixing blender with tret more effective that putting blender first, then layering tret after the blender is absorbed? or is it just a matter of preference? cause I've been layering it the other other night, then decided to mix them last night. im still debating in my head which is better Embarassed
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
The blender is designed to be mixed with retin A and then applied to the skin. They work intrinsically together to penetrate deeper into the skin.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi thanks guys for your help.Everyday i seem to come up with a new question about this routine.Todays one is what about eye cream when im using the obagi have i not too put any eye cream on at all and also can i not put any moisuriser on after the clear and exforderm in the morning??Also with the neck area i already use retin a on there i was just worried about putting the 4% Hq on it but as you say just small amounts.Well so far i have been doing obagi every second day and night and on the days off ive been using the cps .Im doing this as im trying to build up so the side effects arent as bad and i no i wont see results as fast but im not in any hurry i just want to get it right.Like i said before i work in a hospital and i would be scaring patients if my skin was peeling everywhere.Anyway thank you all again kind regards xx
Fecky1

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Ive been using the Obagi products for nearly 6 weeks now, I thought i'd started to see results around the 4 week mark but now my skin seems to be the same as it was before I started using the products. Im starting to worry it's not going to work for me or that im perhaps using the products wrong, even though im carefully following the instructions. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Fecky1 wrote:
Ive been using the Obagi products for nearly 6 weeks now, I thought i'd started to see results around the 4 week mark but now my skin seems to be the same as it was before I started using the products. Im starting to worry it's not going to work for me or that im perhaps using the products wrong, even though im carefully following the instructions. Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Hi Fecky,
I think you'll see a lot of ups and downs with your skin throughout the entire process. Some days you'll think your skin looks great, other days, not so much. Being six weeks into the regimen is still early on so try not to get frustrated.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:09 am      Reply with quote
marcia36

I don't use any eye cream. As for the moisturiser, I didn't use that either! After I use the clear and exforderm in the morning, the next step was a sunscreen. You have to be religious with sunscreen, otherwise all the results you achieve using obagi will be wasted. Most of the damage to your skin, in particular pigmentation problems is the direct result of sun exposure. I ever used the HQ on my neck, my neck has always been so much lighter than my face!
Sunken

Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys
I am sort of doing the obagi routine... I ordered the crX clearing gel and the night therapy cream but the store were out of stock and offered me the blender as a replacement.

By way of background I have been using retin a on and off for years and also had a course of accutane when I was 24.
I am now 30 and although I have used sunblock I have never been religious about it.

My problems are that my skin looks uneven and blotchy. I don't have melasma but I have dark areas caused be acne and lots of deep acne scars.
Anyway... I really wanted the crX as apposed to nuderm because I love vitamin c. I have been using ce ferulic for almost 2 years and loved it.

So he's my routine. I apply the crX clearing gel in the am and then my usual sunblock and moisturiser and then blender and tretinoin .05% in the pm.

My question is do u think it is ok to use this system this way.
I am on day 6 and am peeling lots around my lips and chin area and am pretty red all over.
Yesterday I saw someone I hadn't seen in months and she asked what I had done to myself because I looked so fresh!!!! Smile obviously I am pleased and am hoping it is the obagi working.

Any comments greatly appreciated xxx
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Sunken,

Even though you are not doing the full Obagi system, the blender mixed with the retin A in the PM will definitely help your skin with pigmentation issues caused by acne scars. The combination of the blender with the retin A is a lot more aggressive than the C night therapy cream. Both the C therapy and the blender contain 4%HQ which is key ingredient to help fade and even skin tone. The use of retin A makes it a lot more powerful and aggressive. Retin A will greatly benefit your skin in the long run. You will however continue to experience more peeling and redness, but the overall results will be a lot better than just the C night therapy. I've used both products and it was with the blender in conjunction with the retin A that I achieved better results.

If you are happy with your routine, stay with it and see how it works for you. Whilst it's great to kick start the progress doing the full Obagi nu derm, I found from my own experience you can still achieve good results from just using the key products like the blender and retin A.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you once again for your advice xx
jujubean
5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone out there. Just a question . I just finished 4 weeks on the Nu Derm Obagi. Background on my skin is mostly pigmentation issues and acne scars. I am doing the whole system and using the blender mixed with differin 0.1 in the pm. YES its definitely working, Peeling was horrible the first 3 1/2 weeks, Now barely any peeling at all. I have been using a microfiber wash cloth. Pigmentation issues and scarring is at least 40% faded. IS NO PEELING AT WEEK 4 NORMAL? OR IS THIS JUST A CALM BEFORE THE PEELING STARTS AGAIN?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
jujubean wrote:
Hi everyone out there. Just a question . I just finished 4 weeks on the Nu Derm Obagi. Background on my skin is mostly pigmentation issues and acne scars. I am doing the whole system and using the blender mixed with differin 0.1 in the pm. YES its definitely working, Peeling was horrible the first 3 1/2 weeks, Now barely any peeling at all. I have been using a microfiber wash cloth. Pigmentation issues and scarring is at least 40% faded. IS NO PEELING AT WEEK 4 NORMAL? OR IS THIS JUST A CALM BEFORE THE PEELING STARTS AGAIN?

Could definitely be the calm before the (Obagi) storm! Laughing Since everyone's experience is so unique, it's often hard to know what will happen next. You may not peel for awhile and then start up again a little later into the program. Glad that you're seeing some definite improvements!

5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I will gear up for my next bout of peeling and keep everyone posted.
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
jujubeans

Great to hear about your progress, I agree with kims anything is possible! But at least you know how to handle it and what to expect! You also be lucky and your skin has adjusted so some of the side effects may slow down for you
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |